To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Aston Villa players

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Mike1989
Treebeard

Re: Aston Villa players

Post by Mike1989 »

I currently have Mings in my team as one of my two 4.5 defenders. He should play most games and does offer a goal threat from set pieces. I was tempted by one of the fullbacks but it is hard to predict who will start and they might even face rotation whereas Mings should pretty much play every week.

If the Heaton deal goes through I think he presents potentially excellent value at 4.5 because in 14/15 and 15/16 he netted 149 and 150 points, 10 clean sheets, saved penalties, and made a lot of saves. Ok last season he played 19 games and if you take the simplistic route and double his points tally it comes to only 116 points, 8 clean sheets, and no penalty saves. But I think his addition to Villa would give them a good keeper that should produce between 120-150 points without too much trouble.

I am tempted by Trezeguet at 5.5 because he could be a really good 4th or 5th midfielder. At the minute I have Cabellos in that 4th midfielder spot, but If Trezeguet starts well and Cabellos doesn't, I could very easily be swapping them about.

Wesley might be worth watching to see how he gets on. Granted his production in Belgium wasn't prolific but from what people say about him he looks to be a talented player with upside. If he can hit the ground running and have a Benteke effect, that could make him a valuable addition to any FPL team at only 6.0 but he's on my watchlist.

germainelefoe
Red & Blue Braces

Post by germainelefoe »

muld wrote: 27 Jul 2019, 16:04 (expecting a new GK)
Heaton signs for Aston Villa for £8m

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status ... 7526359041

Outstanding signing - can't believe how cheap they got him! I am assuming he will be first choice and @ 4.5m in FPL should be good value, even if Villa will have a tough time of it. He was a save/bonus magnet in the past.

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

germainelefoe wrote: 31 Jul 2019, 23:34
muld wrote: 27 Jul 2019, 16:04 (expecting a new GK)
Heaton signs for Aston Villa for £8m

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status ... 7526359041

Outstanding signing - can't believe how cheap they got him! I am assuming he will be first choice and @ 4.5m in FPL should be good value, even if Villa will have a tough time of it. He was a save/bonus magnet in the past.
I wouldn’t discount a promoted team’s keeper or even a team on a team that could go down. The year Burnley went down in 14/15, Heaton netted 150 points. Last season Etheridge did well with Cardiff. So while I don’t expect Villa to go down, even if they did there’s no reason why Heaton can’t easily score around the 130 point mark. With clean sheets, penalty saves, general saves and bonus points the points tally is realistic. If they do really well or Heaton does really well individually, then there’s upside as proven by his two seasons as Burnley’s regular stopper 150 and 149, and Pope’s year as their regular stopper (150 odd).

For me Heaton and Pope as a 9.0m invest in goalkeepers presents decent value.

muld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by muld »

Quick update, Luiz still hasn't got his paperwork through and is in Brazil currently, should mean Hourihane starts the first few games.

muld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by muld »

Marvelous Nakamba added at 4.5m, could be value if he gets a run, not likely to start initially.
Heaton now listed as a Villa player.

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

muld wrote: 27 Jul 2019, 15:34

Trezeguet (Kasimpasa) £9m - team-mate of Elmohamady, outshone Salah at AFCON
Im thinking about picking him. Is that good idea?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Klopp-o-matic wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 18:22

I agree about AfCoN, so he should be good for 300 points 😉

muld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by muld »

Klopp-o-matic wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 18:22

Long term he has potential, we have 3 wingers for 2 spots at the moment though (Jota, El Ghazi, Trezeguet) and Smith knows the former 2 a lot better at the moment. We also may sign Benrahma. El Ghazi does have a slight niggle though and has only returned to training today I believe. It's anyone's guess who plays on the wings Saturday!

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Seriously considering Wesley. Can't even fathom which midfielders will play but I know Wesley plays to Villa's strengths in the form of set pieces. Heaton for save bonus would be a good shout.

Mind the gap is all I have got to say about that.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

muld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by muld »

Worth mentioning Villa have great fixtures until GW10 (only Spurs (opening day) and Arsenal GW6 in that run (and I'd fancy anyone to score against Arsenal anyway to be honest), then it's a bit of a horror show until GW16.
Last edited by muld on 08 Aug 2019, 11:37, edited 1 time in total.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

At 6.0 after they play Spurs, given the supposed easier fixtures then for Aston Villa, a confident looking poacher that is Wesley Moraes is one that could be given a chance in my team maybe in place of King, however .5 of a saving on selling King for him hardly seems worth the risk, but on the other hand, this season I will need all the pence since its likely four of my premiums will be undroppable if they gain value quickly. Im thinking Wesley can only improve Aston Villa and will go well in PL.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

carlitobrigante wrote:
Billy Bongo wrote: 28 Jul 2019, 06:56 John Mcguin is a legit baller and Villas best player by a country mile, at 5.5m he's a steal and by end of this season he'll be worth 100m

The great thing about Villa signing 200 players is Mcguin is being ignored

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Not one to exaggerate, huh? Image

McGinn is class. I wouldn't say he's "Villa's best player by a country mile" though. I still believe Grealish is a better player. Although in FPL terms, I don't see Grealish as a great option. As others have said, he doesn't get that many goals or direct assists, despite being at the heart of every Villa attacking move.
Exaggeration justified

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

Billy Bongo wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 10:50
carlitobrigante wrote:
Billy Bongo wrote: 28 Jul 2019, 06:56 John Mcguin is a legit baller and Villas best player by a country mile, at 5.5m he's a steal and by end of this season he'll be worth 100m

The great thing about Villa signing 200 players is Mcguin is being ignored

Not one to exaggerate, huh? Image

McGinn is class. I wouldn't say he's "Villa's best player by a country mile" though. I still believe Grealish is a better player. Although in FPL terms, I don't see Grealish as a great option. As others have said, he doesn't get that many goals or direct assists, despite being at the heart of every Villa attacking move.
Exaggeration justified
An 'I told you so' justified. :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”