To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Salah & Mane

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: Salah & Mane

Post by Billy Bongo »

Liverpool's squad is wafer thin doubt they can let Milner go

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

I think he floundered badly at full back last season. Can only see him being used their as an absolute last resort.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

blahblah wrote: 29 Jul 2019, 17:51 I think he is Robbo's cover and Mr Reliable 1st sub for the middle 3 - so unlkely to go anywhere.
Gomez has actually come on for TAA at RB in a pre-season game or two (since Clyne got his ACL injury), partly to give other CBs a game inc young new signing. No other real cover except youngsters (Hoever I think). Same applies at LB since Moreno was released. Starting to look a bit thin....

No reason to sell/release Milner at all. He might want a move to play more one day but I don't think he'd see that as necessary yet.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Yep, I reckon had Leeds come up, he might fancy that. But they haven’t, so he won’t (IMO).

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Taff Murray wrote: 29 Jul 2019, 17:49 I've seen talk on various websites that Milner may be on his way to possibly one of the promoted clubs.
Back to Villa would be fantastic!! Had Leeds gone up that would have been more likely as per some reports earlier this year.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

Fair point Blah re: FB cover. Of the 15 PL match day squads he was part of in 2019, he only started seven games and, of those, four were at right back to cover for the injured TAA and Gomez.

candleking
Kevin and Perry

Post by candleking »

Worth noting that Mane outperformed Salah in xG p 90 in the new year (.56 to .51). The difference in xA also wasn’t large (.17 to .13 in favor of Salah). I also thought Mane looked more dangerous when I watched Liverpool towards the end of the season.

Afcon has made me go with Salah to start the season but I don’t see this as one sided as people are making out.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

The one and only reason I have Salah is because seemingly literally everyone else does and will be captaining him GW1.

Even if most people just had him but he wasn't a popular captain choice in GW1, I think I'd be inclined to just go for Mane and deal with the fact he may not play GW1. That extra money would really come in handy when there are so many other expensive players this year like Sterling, Kane, KdB, TAA, Robertson etc.

Unfortunately I just can't take the risk that Salah scores a brace and I'm immediately 20-30 points behind everyone.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

When Salah doesn't start the CS will people still hold and band him?

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

blahblah wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 12:58 When Salah doesn't start the CS will people still hold and band him?
twice as long to Norwich as there is to the CS. Doubt Salah will get more than 45 mins on Sunday, and frankly I will be more concerned if he gets more than that, not less.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”