To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Man City Fullbacks (Zinchenko, Cancelo, etc)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Zinchenko

Post by Gambit »

Ironfist wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 18:40
Gambit wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 15:29 ...
Pep also said the players who have been playing pre season will start the Charity Shield, and confirmed Bravo would start in goal.

But not the first season game...
I know, that's why I said the Charity Shield and not the game at West Ham.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Gambit wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 18:43 I know, that's why I said the Charity Shield and not the game at West Ham.
Ah, but if you wanted to be strictly accurate you would have said the Community Shield. :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 23:14
Gambit wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 18:43 I know, that's why I said the Charity Shield and not the game at West Ham.
Ah, but if you wanted to be strictly accurate you would have said the Community Shield. :wink:
😂😂😂😂

Which is why I use CS 😎

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

blahblah wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 23:16 Which is why I use CS 😎
And I always wonder why you're talking about the Clean Sheet. :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 23:42
blahblah wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 23:16 Which is why I use CS 😎
And I always wonder why you're talking about the Clean Sheet. :lol:
I'll raise your Bowie, with what's a ckean sheet 😂😂😂

https://youtu.be/BXPKpQevumc

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

blahblah wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 23:46 https://youtu.be/BXPKpQevumc
This just makes me long for The Ronettes...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep, another 🔥🔥🔥 one.

Enjoy https://youtu.be/eu9qkMPr10I

😂😂😂

This thread will be dead in a few weeks when Mendy is mended, well until a few months later when he is brokey again....

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 03 Aug 2019, 00:00 This just makes me long for The Ronettes...

Your parents were young kids when this was released...

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Be My Baby has just neen on Pointless Celebrities. Shaun Ryder correctly guessed The Ronettes for a decent score of 11.

Zinchenko misindentified All Saints as The Sugababes for 100 Points. So out after Round 1. Mendy looked like getting through after that but tripped over his podium.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I'm so tempted to Youtube-link You Trip me Up by JAMC :lol:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

So, looks like City will swap Danilo for Cancelo.

An immediate threat to Walker, no doubt, but with him capable of playing LB too (and being a much better player than Danilo), is anyone worried that's the early death of Zinchenko?

Pity we got no Stones vs Otamendi hint today.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Or Walker moves inside to CB?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I think Walker only plays CB in a back three.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Poo.

....and there I was thinking that I was getting sorted. :roll:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

In the past, yes\probably - but they need one of those too?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Spinynorman wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 22:26 Poo.

....and there I was thinking that I was getting sorted. :roll:
You are snorting poo?

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Stemania wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 22:23 So, looks like City will swap Danilo for Cancelo.

An immediate threat to Walker, no doubt, but with him capable of playing LB too (and being a much better player than Danilo), is anyone worried that's the early death of Zinchenko?

Pity we got no Stones vs Otamendi hint today.
yes, i posted earlier that i thought zinchenko was poor today, although he wont face salah every week!

Walker was outstanding and perhaps worth the 0.5 on zin, but really its laporte or ederson for peace of mind with that city defence and we’ve all known that from the start

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Will Ederson even start the season in goal for Man City ?
He not played one pre season game and im aware its because he being rested, but Bravo has played well in his place and could start the first game or 2 🤷‍♂️

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Mendy has been hinting he's fit and guardiola has too. I'd stay away personally. Expecting zinchenko to have the first 2 minimum and then rotate with mendy who I don't think is as clear cut first choice as we thought and cancelo signing would definitely be the end of the KDB lookalike.

Anyone keen on stones?

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Stevieste wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 06:35 Will Ederson even start the season in goal for Man City ?
He not played one pre season game and im aware its because he being rested, but Bravo has played well in his place and could start the first game or 2 🤷‍♂️
Is this a joke?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Stevieste wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 06:35 Will Ederson even start the season in goal for Man City ?
Can't see that happening myself. Keepers don't need as much in the way of preseason training, and Ederson has been "resting" on Brazil's bench anyway.

He's so crucial to the way that city play out from the back that I don't think Guardiola leaves him out. Bravo has had his reward playing in the show piece at Wembley, and will get time in the cups again I'm sure, but I'd be very surprised if Ederson is not starting GW1.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

It's called selection panic by FPL managers

Everyone will have 10 Billings and Vardy by Friday

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

xJosh- wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 08:51
Is this a joke?
Serious question actually.

Aguero prob be sub first game of the season so why is it not possible Ederson is also 🤷‍♂️

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Stevieste wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 10:27
Is this a joke?

Aguero prob be sub first game of the season so why is it not possible Ederson is also 🤷‍♂️
I’d say it’s probably because Aguero is an outfield player who would have to run about 8km after only a few training sessions and is far more likely to pick up an injury than a goalkeeper.

So to answer your question yes Ederson will start in goal. I know that might sound hostile reading it back so I’m sorry if it does. I was taking the piss with the first response but I’m genuinely just saying what I think here :)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

xJosh- wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 13:24
Is this a joke?

I’d say it’s probably because Aguero is an outfield player who would have to run about 8km after only a few training sessions and is far more likely to pick up an injury than a goalkeeper.

So to answer your question yes Ederson will start in goal. I know that might sound hostile reading it back so I’m sorry if it does. I was taking the piss with the first response but I’m genuinely just saying what I think here :)
I will 😂😂😂 if Ederson doesn't start at the weekend 😂

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

blahblah wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 13:27
xJosh- wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 13:24
Is this a joke?

I will 😂😂😂 if Ederson doesn't start at the weekend 😂
I’ll delete my Fiso for being an arse 😂

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Bookmarked.

Come on Bravo 🙏🏻 please play one more game, its the least you deserve after the community shield heroics 😉🤣

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

What is the back four likely to look like?

Zinchenko - Laporte - Stones - Walker?

Both Zinchenko and Stones are great picks in that case (price 5.5), regarding the team having 20 cs last season.

Altough Z might be rotated (Mendy). But Stones should play almost every game, shouldn't he? Or is he threatened by Otamendi in any way?

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Klopp-o-matic wrote: 06 Aug 2019, 09:08 What is the back four likely to look like?

Both Zinchenko and Stones are great picks in that case (price 5.5), regarding the team having 20 cs last season.

Altough Z might be rotated (Mendy). But Stones should play almost every game, shouldn't he? Or is he threatened by Otamendi in any way?
he is threatened by Fernandinho getting time at CB, and the arrival of Cancelo (if it happens). As well as Otamendi.

LaPorte seems the only safe pick at present (and am I right that there is still no left sided option to steal his spot?)

MinimalFuss
Kevin and Perry

Post by MinimalFuss »

Klopp-o-matic wrote: 06 Aug 2019, 09:08 What is the back four likely to look like?

Laporte is the only defender set in stone at Man City.

Otamendi will rotate with Stone,
Zinchenko will rotate with Mendy,
Walker will rotate with Cancelo,

It's what Pep does every year, I don't know why anyone expects different!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”