To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Chelsea Mids/Atts

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Re: Chelsea Mids/Atts

Post by Stevieste »

Pulisic looks something else here, might be a good thing Martial has gone 0.1 as can turn my attentions to him instead

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Stevieste wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 20:42 Pulisic looks something else here, might be a good thing Martial has gone 0.1 as can turn my attentions to him instead
The Chelsea 3 behind the striker all look good. It’s just the rotation problem.

Pulisic 7.5, Pedro 7.0, Willian 7.0, Mount 6.0 and Barkley 6.0 must go 3 into 5 every game?

Emerson is the real eye catcher at 5.5.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Read a quote from Lamps a couple of days ago saying Mount will be an important player this season and will contribute a lot, get games etc? That's classic build-up-then-bench chat, right? So Barkley starts v Leicester in the Mount role, and Pulisic on the left. Right?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Or the three thst started midweek?

I'm confidently expecting Tammy to start up top after the fwits on Tweeeter or wherever. It should be Giroud, especially for AM FF points...

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Hotstepper wrote:Read a quote from Lamps a couple of days ago saying Mount will be an important player this season and will contribute a lot, get games etc? That's classic build-up-then-bench chat, right? So Barkley starts v Leicester in the Mount role, and Pulisic on the left. Right?
He also explicitly said he probably won't start every game. I think he was emphasising the "probably" as a 'likely'. I suppose it's up to Mount to play himself into a nailed berth.

Sent from my modern brick using Tikitakatalk

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Hotstepper wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 10:53 Read a quote from Lamps a couple of days ago saying Mount will be an important player this season and will contribute a lot, get games etc? That's classic build-up-then-bench chat, right? So Barkley starts v Leicester in the Mount role, and Pulisic on the left. Right?
Right. Right?

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Next two games are dangling carrots, waiting to be bitten.

Just not sure who to take on. Abraham or a midfielder?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

cymbalrush84 wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 16:45 Next two games are dangling carrots, waiting to be bitten.

Are you FFL? 😂

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

blahblah wrote:
cymbalrush84 wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 16:45 Next two games are dangling carrots, waiting to be bitten.

Are you FFL? Image
I am FPL. I just want Chelsea coverage and seeing as I'm using my wildcard, I'm exploring all avenues at the moment.

If I opt for Mount or Pedro (those more than others, I'll have to lose Trossard.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Just like Fickle Frank....

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

blahblah wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 17:27 Just like Fickle Frank....
Nope! He (FFL) still trosses as 'ard as he can.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Ironfist wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 18:05
It's immature half hour 😎😂

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

blahblah wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 18:08
Ironfist wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 18:05
It's immature half hour 😎😂
Ohh Shut up, Nursie. :P

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Jorginho could be finally fulfilling his potential, at only 5.0 he is starting to look a bit like Chelsea's KDB (lite lite) and with pen duty to help out on the goal front too.

He's had two very decent xA performances in the last 3 league games and I'm looking at the Cantwell slot in my midfield and considering if Jorginho is actually the better bet now.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Mav3rick wrote: 29 Sep 2019, 06:12 Jorginho could be finally fulfilling his potential, at only 5.0 he is starting to look a bit like Chelsea's KDB (lite lite) and with pen duty to help out on the goal front too.

He's had two very decent xA performances in the last 3 league games and I'm looking at the Cantwell slot in my midfield and considering if Jorginho is actually the better bet now.
Cantwell has better goal threat though and his numbers back him up. Plus Jorginho has had only 1 assist in 60 odd games for Chelsea and even that was due a brilliant solo effort by Tammy

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

His last 60 games aren't really relevant though with a new manager and his xA this season are significantly up.

His xG is really about pens only, if Chelsea get 5 this year that's good for a 5.0 mid.

Comparisons to Cantwell are very relevant especially as I'm thinking of selling the latter, his high overall xG is fed by a lot of big chances, especially at home. I don't mind that pattern so long as it's consistent through the season (a nice element of predictably about his points if it holds), but if his big chances so far have been more about variance then that could be an issue.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Who are Norwich's Home Pair?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

I almost want Hernandez to come back as I could potentially save 0.5mn getting Elneny or 0.4mn on Dendoncker instead of Cantwell. I feel there's too much value at present all round, that Cantwell just won't get many starts, not that he's not a good fist sub. That 0.5mn could go a long way each week. Ideally we would have the 11th man as one from Lund, Cant and perhaps even another. This means some base price players, which is why I'm loathed to ditch MKelly for Soyuncu - flexibility.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

If I had Greenwood or Dendoncker, I'd probably keep them too, unless I still had the WC.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Cantwell's numbers away against West Ham and Palace have been good though? Yes he doesn't take a lot of shots but 8 out of his 9 shots have come from inside the box which accounts for his numbers.

Jorginho's penalty duties is a huge positive for him, and that alone will make him worth the price, but he's historically never been a player to rake up assists and if Cantwell is going to put up similar numbers through the season, I'd rather have him in a direct choice between the two.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Ye I think Jorginho is sideways and more importantly stops Tomori, Mount, Abraham no?

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Sutter Kane wrote:Ye I think Jorginho is sideways and more importantly stops Tomori, Mount, Abraham no?
Don't you mean Alonso/Mount/Abraham :mrgreen:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

math! wrote: 29 Sep 2019, 20:14
Sutter Kane wrote:Ye I think Jorginho is sideways and more importantly stops Tomori, Mount, Abraham no?
Don't you mean Alonso/Mount/Abraham :mrgreen:
Wot? No H-O? :shock:

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

I got all three atm - Tomori, Mount & Abraham - and it feels weird... Chelsea aren't that good to have 3 of theirs in my team, but these three feel like decent prospects.
Maybe Fat Frank does have a good thing going, especially now with some decent fixtures ahead.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

They don’t have to be good, just good value. Which they all are.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

hancockjr wrote: 30 Sep 2019, 13:09 They don’t have to be good, just good value. Which they all are.
Exactly. Absolutely everything in FPL is always relative to price.

So many times people tend to think "how many clean sheets a big club like Chelsea should keep" or "how many goals a Man United striker should score" and then they think Tomori and Martial are not solid picks because they might not meet those expectations. But in reality the real questions are "how many clean sheets a 4.5m defender should keep" and "how many goals a 7.6m midfielder should score".

Regarding Chelsea, there's really no reason not to have three Chelsea players in an optimal (wildcard) team right now.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

I am in favour of three Chelsea players, since the team seems to have goals in it. So far I have had Abraham, Mount and Alonso. However, Chelsea's defence is not yet stable enough and Alonso is threatened by the return of Emerson. The price of Tomori is good, but I feel that the third spot is better given to C-H-O. His goals for U21 were brilliant, and in addition to goals some assists will also come along. I feel that at 5.9m he is "cheap" compared to the currently popular players Maddison or McGinn.

finkelele
Treebeard

Post by finkelele »

So who Will CHO play instead of? And Will he be starting now? Then I'd take him before Tomori.

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Abraham
Hudson-Odoi Mount Willian

That's the likely.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Have to say I'm surprised at so many people buying CHO. Interest and close monitoring is one thing, but is it really a good move right now? He played 27m in GW7, 79m in GW8. That's it. Am I missing something team news related that's giving people confidence he's going to be a regular to the extent Mount and Abraham are?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”