To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Out of Position Players / Position reclassification

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Re: Out of Position Players / Position reclassification

Post by Stevieste »

Richie starting in an advanced Midfield role today, he is not someone i really want, but he might prove to be a must have this season, if Bruce can get them going

Niemi
Cheetah

Post by Niemi »

I ran the scores of the re-classified players Ludo posted, and used their 19/20 prices to find their pts. per game per cost.

0.59 for both Deulofeu and Jota (Deulofeu slightly better). There is a few forwards who's better value based on last years score and this years price in this regard: King 0.62, Ings 0.63, Jimenez 0.64 and Wilson 0.70. Jota did improve a lot for the second half of the season. Anyone have any idea what he scored the second half of the season? I suspect his points per game per cost was way better over that period.

Perez and Zaha looks better. 0.67 for Zaha and 0.65 for Perez. Only Tielemans is better with 0.74, but his sample was quite small. Sigurdsson and Pogba 0.60, Anderson 0.61, Mili 0.63, Brooks 0.63 and Fraser 0.64. I'd say both Zaha and Perez look really good if they can come anything close to what they did last year.

Small sample for Zinchenko (14 games), but that's 1.04 points per game per cost. Laporte was 0.78 and Walker 0.75. TAA 0.91, VVD 0.85 and Robbo 0.84. Zinchenko's numbers are really really good, even if the sample is small.

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Can you do the stats for Jota since 5th Dec? That's when we changed shape and Jota was in a 2 man attack.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Niemi
Cheetah

Post by Niemi »

I don't have his FPL score since that date, but pretty sure the numbers will be good

FootballFanatic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by FootballFanatic »

Salah as a midfielder is a hilarious joke. I remind myself this is just a fun game, but he's a forward. As are players like Mane.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I've got my eye on Callum Robinson (SHU, 5.5), who is also in my team now for Dendoncker (bye bye 4.5 mid). Seems to be really talented, hardly owned by anyone, scoring well in pre-season, and playing as a striker while listed as a midfielder.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Nice, I like! :D

A 5.5m mid/attacker would ease a financial constraint or two. :)

Neath boy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Egg Cup Premier league champions 2011-12 and 2012-13. Fiso H2H PremierLeague champion 2015/16. FISO Super League regular season champion 2016-17.

Post by Neath boy »

He won't play as a striker when they sign Ollie McBurnie later this week.

wiseowl65
FISOhead

Post by wiseowl65 »

Neath boy wrote: 31 Jul 2019, 09:01 He won't play as a striker when they sign Ollie McBurnie later this week.
If and when they sign McBurnie Sheffield United will have an abundance of strikers to choose from five in total so rotation will be a nightmare, three of them will be new signings so they are going to want to get some game time. They will play 2 up front but guessing the right pairing each week will be anyone's guess. Wilder does like to rotate his front pairing. Callum Robinson wont play as the furthest forward of the midfield three they have Freeman and Morrison for that role so it will be 2 from 5.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Ah darnit, when something looks too good to be true a...

Thanks for the follow ups here!

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

From4corners wrote:Ah darnit, when something looks too good to be true a...

Thanks for the follow ups here!
...jacksosi changes team back to how it was.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Will they be in a position to rotate each week? Its not like they have options like Pep!

Id have thought anybody in the team and playing well will stay there, as one of the faves for relegation wont they have to play their best team each week? If whoever starts the season puts in a good display and the team plays well then i cant see why a relegation candidate team would just switch things round from game to game, they will have key players like everybody else. The question is if you believe Robinson will be a key player, hes been the best player so far in pre season.

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Trossard of Brighton seems likely to play wide in a front three so could be seen as out of position in a Salah sort of way.

wiseowl65
FISOhead

Post by wiseowl65 »

Gambit wrote: 31 Jul 2019, 09:31 Will they be in a position to rotate each week? Its not like they have options like Pep!

Id have thought anybody in the team and playing well will stay there, as one of the faves for relegation wont they have to play their best team each week? If whoever starts the season puts in a good display and the team plays well then i cant see why a relegation candidate team would just switch things round from game to game, they will have key players like everybody else. The question is if you believe Robinson will be a key player, hes been the best player so far in pre season.
Sheffield united were one of the best teams last year in the Championship yet they still rotated their front 2 most weeks, they had 5 strikers Sharp Clarke Madine McGoldrick and Washington, they also signed Scott Hogan on Loan in January letting Clarke leave on loan. Wilder wont change from playing 5-3-2 especially at home.
I agree that Robinson may well start with his form pre season but they wont be any guarantee he will play all the time.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

wiseowl65 wrote: 31 Jul 2019, 10:04
Gambit wrote: 31 Jul 2019, 09:31 Will they be in a position to rotate each week? Its not like they have options like Pep!

Sheffield united were one of the best teams last year in the Championship yet they still rotated their front 2 most weeks, they had 5 strikers Sharp Clarke Madine McGoldrick and Washington, they also signed Scott Hogan on Loan in January letting Clarke leave on loan. Wilder wont change from playing 5-3-2 especially at home.
I agree that Robinson may well start with his form pre season but they wont be any guarantee he will play all the time.
Most teams dont rotate their best player(s), if robinson becomes a key player he will play most weeks, thats the risk people will have to take - wait and see or go early and hope he hits the ground running.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Gambit wrote: 31 Jul 2019, 10:09

Most teams dont rotate their best player(s), if robinson becomes a key player he will play most weeks, thats the risk people will have to take - wait and see or go early and hope he hits the ground running.
And only 1 Club has overlapping CB's, whatever the wotsit that is.....

Neath boy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Egg Cup Premier league champions 2011-12 and 2012-13. Fiso H2H PremierLeague champion 2015/16. FISO Super League regular season champion 2016-17.

Post by Neath boy »

Oli has been their number one target all summer so will definitely start as their first choice striker. Robinson will almost certainly be played wide.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Pulpy wrote: 31 Jul 2019, 09:54 Trossard of Brighton seems likely to play wide in a front three so could be seen as out of position in a Salah sort of way.
Yep, he is now in my team.
I have a good feeling about Trossard actually, already having taken Knockaert's shirt # as well. Here's to hoping he won't let me down as much as Knockie did.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I was hoping Gross will be the pick there, but do we think Trossard is likely to canabalise his set pieces?

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Gross on the bench for tonight's friendly (edit: subbed on second half) and missed the last. No idea why as I too expected him to be the Seagulls main man.

I'm not sure who is taking set pieces when Gross is out (with Knockeart gone now too). Solly March perhaps? Trossard is getting some good reviews from Brighton fans. He has a good record in a poorer league so would be something of a punt but one with decent fixtures.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Sorry the YouTube has crashed re FK taker.

As elsewhere Gross doesn't seem to fit the formation with Loc right and Tross left of Murray.

I'm onto Bou vs Lazio now.

Leicester looked scrappy in their one and unable to get Maddie\Tiele on the ball, but another 433 with the cheap AllofBrighton the other side of Vardy to Perez.

ricardo68
FISOhead

Post by ricardo68 »

Perez & Zaha standouts on midfield but will they be nailed?

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

ricardo68 wrote: 06 Aug 2019, 03:37 Perez & Zaha standouts on midfield but will they be nailed?
There's not been that much chat about Zaha but I think he will be pretty nailed regardless of whether he moves (to Everton) or stays at Palace. A move is looking less likely as time goes on.

Perez seems to split opinion between the best thing since sliced bread and the worst thing since unsliced bread. He looks to have had a good pre season and playing in an advanced role, but hasn't convinced everyone that he will start every game yet.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Zaha is only just back from AfCoN, so even less likely to start than Mane......

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Given Palace play Zaha in he first week, I would foresee Palace stipulating Zaha does not play against them as part of any deal. He is probably needing a rest anyway, and will not have had time to gel with teammates, so it should be an easy ask for Palace and a fairly easy concession from Everton.

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

ajcairns wrote: 06 Aug 2019, 11:19 Perez seems to split opinion between the best thing since sliced bread and the worst thing since unsliced bread. He looks to have had a good pre season and playing in an advanced role, but hasn't convinced everyone that he will start every game yet.
I have high hopes for Perez as I think he will fit perfectly into their team and I signed him in my auction fantasy league (on a free!). However in FPL it's "wait and see" for me. As well as uncertainty over his minutes, IIRC he has started both of the last two seasons poorly before starting to bang them in for fun in the final third of the season.

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

raoul wrote: 06 Aug 2019, 11:42 Given Palace play Zaha in he first week, I would foresee Palace stipulating Zaha does not play against them as part of any deal. He is probably needing a rest anyway, and will not have had time to gel with teammates, so it should be an easy ask for Palace and a fairly easy concession from Everton.
I wonder if this makes Ayew an interesting prospect... CPL fixtures are really decent.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Ironfist wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 19:22 CPL fixtures are really decent.
But CPL are really not! In fact if Zaha leaves (and isn't replaced) I think they'll be relegated. They've lost their best defender, they'll be relying on Benteke for goals ( :!: ), and Milivojević won't be able to score any penalties because there'll be no one there to win them anymore!

We saw how much they struggled at home last season. In away games they at least had Zaha to stretch teams on the break. But with Wan-Bissaka, Zaha gone, and all their defensive hopes seemingly pinned on the ageing limbs of Gary Cahill?!

Avoid.

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 19:32
Ironfist wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 19:22 CPL fixtures are really decent.
But CPL are really not! In fact if Zaha leaves (and isn't replaced) I think they'll be relegated. They've lost their best defender, they'll be relying on Benteke for goals ( :!: ), and Milivojević won't be able to score any penalties because there'll be no one there to win them anymore!

We saw how much they struggled at home last season. In away games they at least had Zaha to stretch teams on the break. But with Wan-Bissaka, Zaha gone, and all their defensive hopes seemingly pinned on the ageing limbs of Gary Cahill?!

Avoid.
You paint a sad but clear picture.
Thanks.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Ironfist wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 19:39 You paint a sad but clear picture.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”