Page 1 of 3

GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 09 Apr 2019, 22:57
by bigcliff2
This looks an interesting one in light of the Kane injury... Spurs players like Son, Eriksen or Alli look good but then is there a potential rotation issue? Brighton with two great fixtures but no players who you could really trust. Or one of the usual suspects like Salah, Mane, Aguero? Or someone else entirely?

Tough choice...

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 09 Apr 2019, 23:02
by Stevieste
Ive gone for Niaase, i know he not done much recently but the only other striker with a double gameweek you would he be on the list

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 09 Apr 2019, 23:04
by bigcliff2
Stevieste wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 23:02
Ive gone for Niaase, i know he not done much recently but the only other striker with a double gameweek you would he be on the list
I added him for you... :shock:

Edit: sorry, I forgot that wiped the votes, though I don't think there were any...

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 09 Apr 2019, 23:34
by Pirlo's Beard
Duffy (C)
Murray (V)

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 09 Apr 2019, 23:38
by swadd1er
Can't say I considered Duffy at all despite having him in my WC squad.. hmm..

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 07:53
by From4corners
Also on Duffy at the moment :shock: , not trusting the Spurs boys to start.

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 09:52
by TriXaM
The Kane injury means I might be bringing in Lukaku instead - seriously considering him for the armband at home against West Ham :idea:

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 10:05
by Kuchi
Anyone concerned about Son's playtime though? Surely Poch will try protect him a little.

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 10:21
by TheRumourMill
Yeah I was already on Duffy and the Kane injury only pushes me further down this path. At least Kane was nailed on to play one game in GW35, the way I see it now you now have a captaincy decision between a guy who MAY play a part in 1 match (i.e. Son, Eriksen) versus a guy who is guarenteed to play 2 matches. In terms of risk management its a fairly clear cut decision to me.

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 10:27
by Stemania
I love that Duffy is leading the polls. This gameweek will definitely go down in FPL lore one way or another! :mrgreen:

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 11:15
by Finisher1
Murray if he is likely to start twice. But is he?

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 11:17
by TheRumourMill
Stemania wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 10:27
I love that Duffy is leading the polls. This gameweek will definitely go down in FPL lore one way or another! :mrgreen:
Its a pretty unique piece of fixture scheduling that has led us to this point, and I absolutely love it!

I also love how Shane himself is most likely completely oblivious to the fact that he holds the fate to thousands of FPL managers' seasons in that wrecking ball of a forehead of his. Its a funny old game sometimes.

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 12:55
by jacksosi
Why is Kun @ CPL not popular, am I missing something?

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 13:07
by thekitkatshuffler
jacksosi wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 12:55
Why is Kun @ CPL not popular, am I missing something?
He might be Kane's replacement in my wildcard team, so he's under consideration.

Lots of people going for Duffy because of the FFS podcast, so that's swaying the vote. :wink:

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 13:52
by DeadlySub
Currently on Duffy but might chicken out.

In 10 games against non top 6 teams Brighton have conceded 8 with 5 clean sheets.

Couple these 2 home games for a team with that defensive record with the top defensive goalscorer in the game and I'm seriously tempted!

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 14:04
by From4corners
TriXaM wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 09:52
The Kane injury means I might be bringing in Lukaku instead - seriously considering him for the armband at home against West Ham :idea:
Me too! Having it currently so. West Ham are the one bullied at the moment and Lukaku is a big bully.

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 14:20
by Joccki_10
From4corners wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 14:04
TriXaM wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 09:52
The Kane injury means I might be bringing in Lukaku instead - seriously considering him for the armband at home against West Ham :idea:
Me too! Having it currently so. West Ham are the one bullied at the moment and Lukaku is a big bully.
Doesn't he also have a terrific record against West Ham?

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 14:32
by Lucky
thekitkatshuffler wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 13:07
jacksosi wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 12:55
Why is Kun @ CPL not popular, am I missing something?
He might be Kane's replacement in my wildcard team, so he's under consideration.

Lots of people going for Duffy because of the FFS podcast, so that's swaying the vote. :wink:
Are you sure that Agüero will start? He has only just returned from injury, and there are certainly more important games coming up for City where he is needed to play.

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 15:01
by bigcliff2
Lucky wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 14:32
thekitkatshuffler wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 13:07
jacksosi wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 12:55
Why is Kun @ CPL not popular, am I missing something?
He might be Kane's replacement in my wildcard team, so he's under consideration.

Lots of people going for Duffy because of the FFS podcast, so that's swaying the vote. :wink:
Are you sure that Agüero will start? He has only just returned from injury, and there are certainly more important games coming up for City where he is needed to play.
I don't know whether he'll start or not but every game is equally important for City at this stage IMO. Away to Palace is no gimme.

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 16:18
by tarkens
This could be the first time ever when a defender is leading a captaincy poll

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 16:32
by Stevieste
bigcliff2 wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 23:04
Stevieste wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 23:02
Ive gone for Niaase, i know he not done much recently but the only other striker with a double gameweek you would he be on the list
I added him for you... :shock:

Edit: sorry, I forgot that wiped the votes, though I don't think there were any...
Thank you

Niasse C Salah V

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 17:13
by Pulpy
Depends on the press conferences for me, particularly regarding Spurs. If he seems likely to play Son is my choice.

If not possibly Alli (again if likely to play), Vardy or Salah.

Shame Gross didn't make it back last week.

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 17:46
by From4corners
tarkens wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 16:18
This could be the first time ever when a defender is leading a captaincy poll
This season perhaps, but not ever (Baines has been up there some times I believe).

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 18:52
by Crooker
thekitkatshuffler wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 13:07
jacksosi wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 12:55
Why is Kun @ CPL not popular, am I missing something?
He might be Kane's replacement in my wildcard team, so he's under consideration.

Lots of people going for Duffy because of the FFS podcast, so that's swaying the vote. :wink:
how annoying. don't go on FFS have had duffy (c) since done wc earlier in the week :twisted:

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 18:53
by Crooker
i don't know what the season long set piece defensive/attacking records are like but i watched bournemouth v burnley last weekend and every burnley set piece caused absolute chaos

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 20:45
by Stevieste
Why no love for Niasse ?

I can personaly see a 20 point haul incoming 😁

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 21:01
by Stemania
Oumar "no-goals-or-assists-in-9-games-for-Cardiff" Niasse?

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 21:19
by OldSkoolFPL
TBF Murray has 1 goal in 7 and many are thinking about captaining him.

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 22:03
by Joccki_10
Stemania wrote:Oumar "no-goals-or-assists-in-9-games-for-Cardiff" Niasse?
Even his ICT-index is laughable.

Re: GW34 Captain Poll

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 23:37
by mandoncare
Siggy (C) at Fulham. Son(VC)