To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

WC34 BB35 Strategy (Deadline FRI 7pm BST)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
silkypike
Wideboy

Re: WC34 BB35 Strategy

Post by silkypike »

Joccki_10 wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 06:41 Some of you have ridiculous team value. :shock:
I agree - I just put that team in above and I can afford it which cheered me up - then I noticed I have 0.0 ITB yet they have 2.8 ITB !!!!!

johnjoe107
Treebeard
FS Record: Never been outside the top 3

Post by johnjoe107 »

I was thinking about using my triple captain chip in GW35 as it's a double week but reading this thread I'm not so sure. So my question is, what strategy will yield the most points: Triple Capt or Bench Boost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

johnjoe107 wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 10:44 I was thinking about using my triple captain chip in GW35 as it's a double week but reading this thread I'm not so sure. So my question is, what strategy will yield the most points: Triple Capt or Bench Boost?

TC'ing Aguero during DGW32 was expected to bring in about 15 pts and that was with pretty much the most ideal fixtures. Even Vardy hauling this week is still 16 additional points with the TC.

But the "floor" (ignoring negative points) for BB'ing is 4 players by 2 appearance points twice, i.e. 16 pts.

Plus there's the fact BB depends on 4 players while TC depends on one which means the variance is lower.

I don't think many would disagree that WC > FH > BB > TC...

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Ryan & Gunn seems agreat Combo - but lets be honest, you want Ryan for 34 and hes adequate for 35 but then hes benched for the rest of the season?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Beerfuelledman wrote:Ryan & Gunn seems agreat Combo - but lets be honest, you want Ryan for 34 and hes adequate for 35 but then hes benched for the rest of the season?
Newcastle at home in GW36?

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

BOU needed Barnes to score an own goal yesterday to get on the score sheet and Burnley aren't terrific. As much chance in Rondon showing up as there is Wilson/King IMHO. Dont think Id be upset having either in goal in GW36 making Ryan 0.5m too expensive for the bench (From 36 on). (Suggesting a keeper downgrade to fund an outfield player upgrade after BB here)

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Beerfuelledman wrote:BOU needed Barnes to score an own goal yesterday to get on the score sheet and Burnley aren't terrific. As much chance in Rondon showing up as there is Wilson/King IMHO. Dont think Id be upset having either in goal in GW36 making Ryan 0.5m too expensive for the bench (From 36 on). (Suggesting a keeper downgrade to fund an outfield player upgrade after BB here)
You want to use a transfer on a goalkeeper after GW35 to make use of £0.4/0.5 more on outfield players? That’s not a good idea imo. There are only a few times a season that we have £0.0 in the bank.

johnjoe107
Treebeard

Post by johnjoe107 »

Resonare wrote:
johnjoe107 wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 10:44 I was thinking about using my triple captain chip in GW35 as it's a double week but reading this thread I'm not so sure. So my question is, what strategy will yield the most points: Triple Capt or Bench Boost?

TC'ing Aguero during DGW32 was expected to bring in about 15 pts and that was with pretty much the most ideal fixtures. Even Vardy hauling this week is still 16 additional points with the TC.

But the "floor" (ignoring negative points) for BB'ing is 4 players by 2 appearance points twice, i.e. 16 pts.

Plus there's the fact BB depends on 4 players while TC depends on one which means the variance is lower.

I see your point but the problem I see with the BB is the players will be relatively weak compared to the starting XI so even with the extra games probably won't get many points.

If Kane gets 2 goals and and assist in his games against City and Brighton that will surely yield more points than the BB.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Joccki_10 wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 12:54
Beerfuelledman wrote:BOU needed Barnes to score an own goal yesterday to get on the score sheet and Burnley aren't terrific. As much chance in Rondon showing up as there is Wilson/King IMHO. Dont think Id be upset having either in goal in GW36 making Ryan 0.5m too expensive for the bench (From 36 on). (Suggesting a keeper downgrade to fund an outfield player upgrade after BB here)
You want to use a transfer on a goalkeeper after GW35 to make use of £0.4/0.5 more on outfield players? That’s not a good idea imo. There are only a few times a season that we have £0.0 in the bank.
No Im saying that 0.5m (more) worth of Ryan is of no use after the BB.Ryan is good for GW34, ok for DGW35 BB and little use after that. Hes at best on a par with Gunn in 36 and the worse choice in 37 & 38.

dellboy30
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO TFFE league champ

Post by dellboy30 »

No Way Jose wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 06:40 Currently..

Ryan (Foster)

Duffy Dunk Trippier (Valery, TAA)

Jota son deulofeu mane (JWP)

Aguero lacazette Kane

.7 spare for dunk to Kolasinac or deulofeu to Fraser.

Pick holes in it guys! Too double gameweek focused? Can’t help but think city players will be tough to pick but Aguero will start the most given his importance.

Could do Aguero to Wilson and deulofeu to hazard or sterling
i'm fairly similar to this

ryan (gunn)
dunk, duffy, VVD, Doherty, AWB
Son, Mane, Jota, Camasara, Hojbjerg
Kane, Aguero, Auba

Could be a bit top heavy ?

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

johnjoe107 wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 13:19 I see your point but the problem I see with the BB is the players will be relatively weak compared to the starting XI so even with the extra games probably won't get many points.
As long as they appear twice that's 16 points, excluding negative points which I've already shown is on par with TC scores that would be considered a success.

Even bench fodder like Valery and Bednerek are predicted to get over 4 points each...
johnjoe107 wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 13:19 If Kane gets 2 goals and and assist in his games against City and Brighton that will surely yield more points than the BB.
And what if Kane blanks twice?

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

johnjoe107 wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 13:19
Resonare wrote:

I see your point but the problem I see with the BB is the players will be relatively weak compared to the starting XI so even with the extra games probably won't get many points.

If Kane gets 2 goals and and assist in his games against City and Brighton that will surely yield more points than the BB.

Pick two sides, one with each strategy in mind and see what your prefer. I may well go TC35, BB36.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Ryan Gunn
TAA Duffy Doherty Valery trippier
Son doucoure bilva sterling jota
Kane aguero jiminez
0.4 bank

First effort really want salah tho for gw 34/35 cos I think he could go mental again
Last edited by yttod1010 on 07 Apr 2019, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

With Arsenal being so poor away from home (dreadful again today) and the constant chopping and changing of the team, I'm surprised to see so many Arsenal players in these line ups. Just TWO home games left, and very tough away games at Watford, Wolves, Leicester, Burnley, I can't see the attraction. In fact, looking at their fixtures I think only GW37 H v Brighton is a good fixture, and even that could become tricky if Brighton still aren't safe.

There is every chance that you only get one game of the DGW from Laca/Auba and neither fixture is particularly good, I think I'm going to avoid them completely.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

No one else looking at Ederson? Seems like the most reliable City player for starts.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

BobMem wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 16:52 No one else looking at Ederson? Seems like the most reliable City player for starts.
No, purely as I want to play Ryan in the nice DGW34 for Brighton. So I don’t want that extra cash tied up on the bench even if only for a week.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

I'dm a bit wary of picking Gunn myself - I don't have any real evidence for this or any special insight, he just seems to me like exactly the sort of keeper who could get dropped at any stage out of the blue. He didn't look great the other night against Liverpool

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

And just like that, Foster gets dropped out the blue while Holebas and Deulofeu get injured...au revoir my WC template!

As for Arsenal, I think the reaction to them losing is a little much? Everton have improved defensively in recent weeks and Arsenal always concede on the road, hardly shocking that they lost.

The question is whether Kolasinac is worth 5m as, more or less, a midfielder away from home? I'd argue he probably still is even with the occasional -1 from conceding 2 goals when he's compared to Arsenal's budget midfielders like Iwobi.

Anyway, it's back to the drawing board for me. I think I'll avoid making any more drafts until Tuesday's CL games are played :lol:

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Think I'm going with:
3 x TOT 3 x SOT 3 x WOL 2 x BRI 2 x WAT 1 x MC and 1 x ARS
but leaving about 3m to 4m unspent to help move to LIV players in GW36 when home to HUD.

Potentially 30 appearances in BB GW35 and most with decent fixtures. Spurs home to HUD in GW34 so there's the captain and vice captain. Will see how the European matches go on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Difficult to know what teams Pep will put out with them playing Spurs 3 times and then away to MUN all by end of GW35 so will just pick 1 from MC (probably Laporte). Arsenal's 4 away fixtures out of 6 combined with Europa League quarter final matches against Napoli also mean just selecting 1 (in attack).

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Resonare wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 19:05 And just like that, Foster gets dropped out the blue while Holebas and Deulofeu get injured...au revoir my WC template!
Holebas looked a more longer term injury than Deulofeu. Watford players maybe on the bench anyway in GW34?

SteveieB123
Red & Blue Braces

Post by SteveieB123 »

Definitely 3x Tot here. Possibly 2x Sou and 2x Wat? Also loading 2 or 3 Bri for the double double. Beyond that I'm struggling. If Arsenal were at home more than away I'd be sitting on 2 making a case for a third but am starting to think 1 may be best, and an attacker at that.

Beyond that it's looking like a bit of a lottery.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

admin wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 19:21 Holebas looked a more longer term injury than Deulofeu. Watford players maybe on the bench anyway in GW34?
Gracia seems to favor rotation around small league games as opposed to big so probably...but it's hard to see how Deeney won't start against Arsenal...

The only good thing to come out of this is Masina at 4.2m potentially becoming a nailed option if Holebas is out long-term.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Wasn't Foster dropped just because it was a cup game.

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

Feedback?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Owsler wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 19:45 Wasn't Foster dropped just because it was a cup game.
I've jumped the gun a little on that (out of pure annoyance of Holebas' injury).

Gomes has started in Watford's last few cup games so Foster isn't at any more risk than he before today.

What's probably more worrying is Lacazette has only scored away in the league vs the bottom 3 teams :!:

johnjoe107
Treebeard

Post by johnjoe107 »

admin wrote:Think I'm going with:
3 x TOT 3 x SOT 3 x WOL 2 x BRI 2 x WAT 1 x MC and 1 x ARS
but leaving about 3m to 4m unspent to help move to LIV players in GW36 when home to HUD.

Potentially 30 appearances in BB GW35 and most with decent fixtures. Spurs home to HUD in GW34 so there's the captain and vice captain. Will see how the European matches go on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Difficult to know what teams Pep will put out with them playing Spurs 3 times and then away to MUN all by end of GW35 so will just pick 1 from MC (probably Laporte). Arsenal's 4 away fixtures out of 6 combined with Europa League quarter final matches against Napoli also mean just selecting 1 (in attack).
The problem with your strategy and a lot of others is you have left yourself short of City and Liverpool players for the rest of the season.

Personally, I'm going with 2 x City and 1 x Liverpool and will bring Salah in for GW36.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Current draft:

Ryan/Gunn
Robertson/TAA/Doherty/Duffy/Valery
Salah/Erisken/Son/Jota/Hudson-Odoi
Kane/Rashford/Jimenez

The big question right now is Salah. If I ditch him then the extra funds can change the whole shape of the squad.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

johnjoe107 wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 20:15 The problem with your strategy and a lot of others is you have left yourself short of City and Liverpool players for the rest of the season.

Personally, I'm going with 2 x City and 1 x Liverpool and will bring Salah in for GW36.
I hope to have 2 x LIV in GW36 to add to my 1 x MC so have some coverage. Who is Pep going to pick for the next few EPL matches? Spurs hopefully easier to predict and have a decent run in but the strategy does rely on Kane and the gang delivering despite having the CL quarters against MC.

johnjoe107
Treebeard

Post by johnjoe107 »

Does anyone know if I pick Ryan as my Substitute keeper for GW34, will I get his points for the midweek game against Cardiff?

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

johnjoe107 wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 08:25 Does anyone know if I pick Ryan as my Substitute keeper for GW34, will I get his points for the midweek game against Cardiff?

Nope

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”