To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

WC34 BB35 Strategy (Deadline FRI 7pm BST)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
phrampton534
Wideboy

Re: WC34 BB35 Strategy

Post by phrampton534 »

raoul wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 10:49 Slipping up against Huddersfield at home?

Surely not.

I can see Llorente starting the game, and Kane, Eriksen and Son all on the bench. Maybe only 2 of the 3, but if Spurs are still in the CL QF then why not? Huddersfield's reaction to relegation being confirmed seems to have been negative rather than positive so far, and I can see Spurs getting 5 or 6.
Depends on how Pochettino sees it - is risking a top 4 finish worth it. Agree if they still have a sniff of beating City after tonight then minutes might get managed but risking what should be an easy 3 points from Huddersfield could backfire big time. They've still got to play City in the league and Arsenal could easily pip them if they slip up.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

Exactly, if City win tonight it is probably game over for Spurs in the CL and they simply have to get a top 4 finish with that new stadium (see Arsenal for a decade).

It would be very Spursy to draw 0-0 against Huddersfield at this stage of the season.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Current draft:

Ryan / Ederson
Laporte / TAA / Duffy / Dunk / Bednarek
Sterling / Son / Erisken / Mane / Camarasa
Kane / Deeney / Jimenez

Not sure if triple Brighton defence is madness (dare I say I'm even considering captaining Duffy this week...), but I'll definitely be going at least double. Tonight's game may also change how confident I am about a Spurs triple, but bringing in players who play against Huddersfield has been working a treat so far. I'm also not that keen on doubling up on City's defence to be honest given their double fixtures, but there aren't many better options.

I've gone right off Arsenal, especially with 4 away games of their final 6 left.

Surprised anyone's still considering Salah personally, I think Mane is perfectly adequate cover and leaves you with an extra £3m+ to play around with. Plus, no one will captain Salah this week and no one will captain him in the double, so being without him isn't anywhere near as harmful as it would've been earlier in the season/last season. Huddersfield in GW36 is the only worry, but again I still think it'll just be a toss of the coin then as to whether to go for Salah or Mane, so it won't be unanimous.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

xJosh- wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 08:44 Liverpool have Huddersfield at Anfield GW36. I'd say Salah is a must for that game isn't he?
Could be but seems unlikely based on form. Lacazette or Aubameyang to Firmino instead along with Mane and Virgil on WC is the way I'll probably triple up.

St JohnStones
Cheetah

Post by St JohnStones »

Bixer wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 11:47 Current draft:

Ryan / Ederson
Laporte / TAA / Duffy / Dunk / Bednarek
Sterling / Son / Erisken / Mane / Camarasa
Kane / Deeney / Jimenez

Not sure if triple Brighton defence is madness (dare I say I'm even considering captaining Duffy this week...), but I'll definitely be going at least double. Tonight's game may also change how confident I am about a Spurs triple, but bringing in players who play against Huddersfield has been working a treat so far. I'm also not that keen on doubling up on City's defence to be honest given their double fixtures, but there aren't many better options.

I've gone right off Arsenal, especially with 4 away games of their final 6 left.

Surprised anyone's still considering Salah personally, I think Mane is perfectly adequate cover and leaves you with an extra £3m+ to play around with. Plus, no one will captain Salah this week and no one will captain him in the double, so being without him isn't anywhere near as harmful as it would've been earlier in the season/last season. Huddersfield in GW36 is the only worry, but again I still think it'll just be a toss of the coin then as to whether to go for Salah or Mane, so it won't be unanimous.
I'm currently:

Ryan (Ederson)
Robbo, Kola, Duffy (Bednarek, Mariappa)
Camarasa, Sterling, Mane, Jota (Deulofeu)
Jimi, Kane, Laca

The above leaves me 0.7 itb which I want to use for Camarasa to JWP. I think Watford have the best DGW fixtures but just trying to figure out what players to get. I could change Mariappa to Cathcart and Deulofeu to Doucore but then I could only do Camarasa to Hojbjerg.

Agree with your doubts over Kola and Laca after Sunday and their away games.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Struggling to decide between Murray and Deeney to go with Kane/Jimenez.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

raoul wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 10:49
David Luiz Is A Hero wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 10:33
xJosh- wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 10:28 Everyone getting Son in this week for Huddersfield. Isnt anyone concerned he wont start? I'd bet my house on him playing in both legs against City and a Huddersfield home game seems like a great time to play Moura instead. . . or rest Kane and play Son up top . . . oh no what have I done.
Maybe but with Chelsea and Arsenal right on Spurs' tail can they afford to risk slipping against Huddersfield by resting players.
Slipping up against Huddersfield at home?

Surely not.

I can see Llorente starting the game, and Kane, Eriksen and Son all on the bench. Maybe only 2 of the 3, but if Spurs are still in the CL QF then why not? Huddersfield's reaction to relegation being confirmed seems to have been negative rather than positive so far, and I can see Spurs getting 5 or 6.
Kane just never seems to get rested but agreed they wouldn't slip up even if they did rotate. I think its far more likely Son gets a rest and Kane starts as always but who knows. I'm not WCing so part of my many -4 would be to do Pogba > Son and I'm just not sure its worth it. On the other hand if Kane didn't start and Son played up top I think I'd cry.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

I'm currently on:

Leno & Ryan
Duffy, Dunk, Trippier, Velery, Doherty
De Bruyne, Sterling, Son, JWP (may be Camarasa this week) Deulofeu if fit
Aguero, Kane, Jiminez.

On my potential swap list:
Ederson
Laporte
Kola
Doucoure
Lacazette

Decisions to make:
Will Aguero play enough
Do I really want 3x Brighton?!
Do I think Tripp will play every match (I am accepting some rotation of others, i.e. Doherty, Sterling, Son mainly, but not sure I can face Trippier benchings)

3K currently. WC this week, BB35.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Spurs haven't played this weekend. They play tonight, then Saturday, then Weds. It doesn't look too taxing to me, so their assets have a very very good chance of playing imo.

Kane and Eriksen in particular I reckon are reasonably safe, with Son and Alli perhaps the next level down. I expect to go with three Spurs to be honest, with the Brighton game in the DGW being the really big game in terms of rotation danger based on the following:
From4corners wrote:Tue 09/04/19 UCL Tottenham Hotspur - Manchester City
Sat 13/04/19 PRL Tottenham Hotspur - Huddersfield Town
Wed 17/04/19 UCL Manchester City - Tottenham Hotspur
Sat 20/04/19 PRL Manchester City - Tottenham Hotspur
Tue 23/04/19 PRL Tottenham Hotspur - BHA
Sat 27/04/19 PRL Tottenham Hotspur - West Ham United

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 13:26 Spurs haven't played this weekend. They play tonight, then Saturday, then Weds. It doesn't look too taxing to me, so their assets have a very very good chance of playing imo.

Kane and Eriksen in particular I reckon are reasonably safe, with Son and Alli perhaps the next level down. I expect to go with three Spurs to be honest, with the Brighton game in the DGW being the really big game in terms of rotation danger based on the following:
On the other hand if they go out of UCL, then they don't have anything else to play than PL top four spot. Most likely they will get into top four by just winning their easier matches, so basically all matches except City. Therefore I suspect there is a chance they will just rest players against City in DGW35, and then play their prime assets in the remaining four matches, starting from Brighton.

Surely Pochettino has to think which scenario is more likely: A) to get any points from City away even with his prime assets or B) to drop points against Brighton because of playing his second string players. If the answer is B, then surely it makes more sense to rest players against City? They don't have to beat City, they simply have to finish in top four. That's their target.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Finisher1 wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 13:46
Stemania wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 13:26 Spurs haven't played this weekend. They play tonight, then Saturday, then Weds. It doesn't look too taxing to me, so their assets have a very very good chance of playing imo.

On the other hand if they go out of UCL, then they don't have anything else to play than PL top four spot. Most likely they will get into top four by just winning their easier matches, so basically all matches except City. Therefore I suspect there is a chance they will just rest players against City in DGW35, and then play their prime assets in the remaining four matches, starting from Brighton.

Surely Pochettino has to think which scenario is more likely: A) to get any points from City away even with his prime assets or B) to drop points to Brighton because of playing his second string players. If the answer is B, then surely it makes more sense to rest players against City? They don't have to beat City, they simply have to finish in top four. That's their target.
Logically that makes sense but if Spurs did that it would be embarrassing. You don't play top of the league as a top 4 club and rest your best players, you put the strongest line-up possible out to get a result to prove that you can compete. I think he just plays Kane every game and rotates Son/Moura/Ali/Eriksen at Huddersfield or Brighton.

If I was a spurs fan and Kane for example didn't start against City I would be fuming. That's a smaller clubs mentality.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Josh what are your thoughts on KDB as a pick?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

xJosh- wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 13:51 Logically that makes sense but if Spurs did that it would be embarrassing. You don't play top of the league as a top 4 club and rest your best players, you put the strongest line-up possible out to get a result to prove that you can compete. I think he just plays Kane every game and rotates Son/Moura/Ali/Eriksen at Huddersfield or Brighton.

If I was a spurs fan and Kane for example didn't start against City I would be fuming. That's a smaller clubs mentality.
They have done it before, they rested players in League Cup second leg against Chelsea, which caused a lot of fuming and ridicule, but Pochettino basically didn't give a eff.

edit. Now that I checked it again they didn't rotate that much actually in that match. Anyway, I think it's what Pochettino can do. He doesn't care about what other people think.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Finisher1 wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 14:00
xJosh- wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 13:51 Logically that makes sense but if Spurs did that it would be embarrassing. You don't play top of the league as a top 4 club and rest your best players, you put the strongest line-up possible out to get a result to prove that you can compete. I think he just plays Kane every game and rotates Son/Moura/Ali/Eriksen at Huddersfield or Brighton.

They have done it before, they rested players in League Cup second leg against Chelsea, which caused a lot of fuming and ridicule, but Pochettino basically didn't give a eff.

edit. Now that I checked it again they didn't rotate that much actually in that match. Anyway, I think it's what Pochettino can do. He doesn't care about what other people think.
Regardless of any previous I do understand where you're coming from and I do think its probably a good idea but I just don't think he will do it. As I said I think they'd be a laughing stock to actually do that as a top 4 side. Its alright for say Watford to do it if they're at a late FA cup stage and safe in the league but for a top 4 side to do that shows a disbelief that could be more damaging than that single game.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

The Toon Man wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 13:58 Josh what are your thoughts on KDB as a pick?
I think every time he has come back this season he has looked off it and unfit then got injured again. This time his minutes have been managed well and he looks like the KDB that could've won player of the year last year if Salah didn't bang in 40 goals. I know it was only Cardiff and his goal itself was a fluke but he was incredible in that game and he was fuming at how many chances he created in the Brighton game that weren't put away (although that game sucked, especially in the second half). Again I appreciate its against lesser opposition but I think he's back at it.

Coupled with the fact that D. Silva isn't playing the best right now I think he will basically play every game.

I still have Sterling in my team and I'm concerned that he will be the one rested in the league occasionally so have considered Sterling > KDB myself but with no wildcard and this DGW coming I have bigger fish to fry haha

Personally I want us to drop D. Silva for B. Silva in CM with KDB, get Sane playing again and use D. Silva as a sub to come on and kill the game. The little legends getting on a bit now and that would be great for City & FPL to get Sane ripping up the league towards the end having not played as much all year.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

xJosh- wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 14:15 Regardless of any previous I do understand where you're coming from and I do think its probably a good idea but I just don't think he will do it. As I said I think they'd be a laughing stock to actually do that as a top 4 side. Its alright for say Watford to do it if they're at a late FA cup stage and safe in the league but for a top 4 side to do that shows a disbelief that could be more damaging than that single game.
You may be right, but on the other hand they have a good reason to rotate because they have just played two matches against City and they are in the middle of hectic schedule. I think City will also rotate in some matches against Tottenham, and when they do it people just admire them like "wow, City rotate again". So maybe Tottenham will also show some big club mentality by also rotating players like City!

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Finisher1 wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 14:20
xJosh- wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 14:15 Regardless of any previous I do understand where you're coming from and I do think its probably a good idea but I just don't think he will do it. As I said I think they'd be a laughing stock to actually do that as a top 4 side. Its alright for say Watford to do it if they're at a late FA cup stage and safe in the league but for a top 4 side to do that shows a disbelief that could be more damaging than that single game.
You may be right, but on the other hand they have a good reason to rotate because they have just played two matches against City and they are in the middle of hectic schedule. I think City will also rotate in some matches against Tottenham, and when they do it people just admire them like "wow, City rotate again". So maybe Tottenham will also show some big club mentality by also rotating players like City!
City are in 4 competitions though its all circumstantial, as someone else pointed out Spurs have also had a weeks rest. City have been playing every 3 days since the international break. Also Citys squad is incredible if we drop Sterling theres Sane, B. Silva, Mahrez, even Jesus to play wide. If Spurs drop Kane they have Llorente which is why I think their rotation comes in that attacking mid area. Also Kane will want to score as much as possible.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

xJosh- wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 14:41
City are in 4 competitions though its all circumstantial, as someone else pointed out Spurs have also had a weeks rest. City have been playing every 3 days since the international break. Also Citys squad is incredible if we drop Sterling theres Sane, B. Silva, Mahrez, even Jesus to play wide. If Spurs drop Kane they have Llorente which is why I think their rotation comes in that attacking mid area. Also Kane will want to score as much as possible.
Of course City have a larger squad, I just find it amusing that City's rotation generally gets so much admiration while other teams' rotation gets ridicule.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Finisher1 wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 14:48
xJosh- wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 14:41
Of course City have a larger squad, I just find it amusing that City's rotation generally gets so much admiration while other teams' rotation gets ridicule.
Yeah its a fair point and I think that's mainly because (without sounding like a douche) the squads so good they tend to win regardless. Mahrez plays shocking most of the time but the team still wins so it goes more unnoticed. When you make those types of big changes and you end up with a draw its a big difference to how people react.

Anyway I think we are getting a little off topic but I do agree with the logic of what you're saying I'm just not convinced it will happen and now having Kane in my team hoping you are wrong haha.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Hardly any mention of Pogba here

I know he's gone off the boil, but still, he has a good a chance of 180 minutes in the DGW as anybody, and he has an inviting fixture - WHU (h) - before that. I'm thinking of keeping him in as a placeholder for Mane in GW36.

Interestingly, i just checked the FFS projections and they put Pogba on 16 points for the next two GWs and Mane on 11. That's enough to pay for a 4 point hit and still come out in credit....food for thought.

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

lining up with this for gw34:

ryan
duffy/valery/pereira
redmond/hazard/deulofeu/maddison
kane/murray/vardy

patricio/davies (?)/jota/holebas

will take murray out for jimenez, maddison out for son and pereira out for a doubler not sure who yet

TopMarx
Treebeard
FS Record: Two top 5k finishes in last five seasons

Post by TopMarx »

snakzz wrote:
TopMarx wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 13:14
snakzz wrote:Feedback?

I can only see one photo, I can't tell if you tried to upload more than one, it looks like you might have?

Anyway, my 2 cents: I like the idea of Duffy and Dunk in gw34 but who would you bench in defence (Doherty?)? Then would Dunk just stay on your bench for the rest of the season (after BB35)? I'm not sure I would want to use a transfer on him later, and I think there's value in saving a transfer when possible to make a double transfer later, in case you need to change the balance of the team.

I like Kane and Jimenez, I like Lacazette too but slightly nervous because of EL and away form. Arsenal started the season very well beating Cardiff, Newcastle, and Fulham away but since gw8 they have only beaten Huddersfield away (and only scored 2 goals). Although they should have beaten Spurs too. Their away fixtures are not the best - Watford, Wolves, Leicester, Burnley: all teams that are playing well at the moment. Although form can change. Lacazette certainly has the quality and I think even if him and Auba were the same price I would take him, I feel like he's the main striker now. What do you think? Interested to hear opinion on Arsenal.

I like Eriksen, I would consider Son too. Spurs play Huddersfield inbetween a Tuesday-Wednesday CL schedule, so I think that's good news for rotation. However I imagine there will be some rotation for PL matches v City and Brighton, but I would expect a full strength side for West Ham.

Personally I prefer Salah to Mane. Partly because I think Mane has overperformed recently. I don't know what to do about City. In DGW35 they have an extra days rest before playing United (compared to Spurs who play Brighton on Tuesday), and I think they turn up and beat United comfortably. So one of Sterling, Aguero would seem a good idea.

I know I'm making suggestions that are all upgrades! Sorry. Good luck finding the right balance ;)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Hey,

I see the picture didnt get copied in the quote.

My team was:
Foster - Ryan
Duffy - Dunk - Doherty - Valery - Robertson
Mane - Sterling - Eriksen - Doucoure - Ward Prowse
Kane - Lacazette - Jimenez

But after thinking more about Arsenal and all the away fixtures I am leaning more towards this:
Foster - Ryan
Laporte - Alexander Arnold - Doherty - Dunk - Valery
Salah - Sterling - Eriksen - Jota - Høybjørg
Kane - Jimenez - Deeney

What you think?
I think it's very good.

In the front 8 my only difference is Jota to Son.

This means some downgrades, so no TAA, Valery, Foster for me. Bednarek, Peltier and Gunn instead.

No sure if my downgrades are worth it yet, but that's where I'm at currently.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Back to the Kane-less drawing board:

Ryan Foster
Dunk Duffy TAA Laporte Doherty
Mane Eriksen Son Alli Jota
Aguero Jimenez Deeney

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

This is where I am currently. I'm not sure about it, but I can't pick a player I don't want from this XI:

Ryan Ederson
Dunk Duffy Doherty Valery Trippier
Salah Son Jota Doucouré Camarasa
Aguero Jiménez Lacazette

Bench Ederson, Doherty, Doucouré and Valery this week, boost next. 2.3m in the bank to upgrade someone before DGW35 (probably Camarasa).

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Done.
34c.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by From4corners on 09 Apr 2019, 22:18, edited 2 times in total.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Ryan, Foster
Laporte, Robertson, Dunk, Duffy, Valery
Son, Eriksen, Mané, Jota, Camarasa
Aguero, Jimenez, Deeney

Not far off

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

So... Who are we captaining now this week?!

New edit:

Ryan/Foster
Laporte/TAA/Dunk/Coady/Valery
Salah/Eriksen/Son/Ward-Prowse/Deulofeu
Aguero/Lacazette/Jimenez

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Would've been Kane for me but now probably Aguero. Son could be a shout also.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Yeah, Kane was the clear choice... I'm half tempted by Ryan but, you know, it's a bit what...

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Salah still looks off to me. Was considering reversing my Mane transfer, but nah.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”