To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

WC34 BB35 Strategy (Deadline FRI 7pm BST)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
mandoncare
Treebeard

Re: WC34 BB35 Strategy

Post by mandoncare »

Might be joining the WC34 though not sure about BB35 just yet. First draft:

Ryan
Doherty Trippier Laporte
Deulofeu Sterling Jota Son
Kane Rashford Laca

Subs: Camarasa, Duffy, WanB

huey
Red & Blue Braces

Post by huey »

I've got money tied up in Etheridge and Foster rotates nicely with him. Not sure if I'll hold on to Chilwell.
I'm very wary of Man City rotation and I dearly wish I could have four forwards (Kane, Laca, Firmino and Jimenez). So I ended up here:

Foster, Etheridge
Trippier, Kolasinac, Duffy, Chilwell, Valery
Mane, Son, Fraser, JWP, Deulofeu
Kane, Lacazette, Firmino

I was already concerned the midfield is weak. Now, after his goal this evening, I'm wondering if Mo might have rediscovered his mojo. So it could be this instead:

Foster, Etheridge
Salah, Son, Fraser, JWP, Babel
Kane, Lacazette, Jimenez

In other words, Salah, Jimenez, Babel vs Mane, Firmino, Deulofeu. What do you think?

TopMarx
Treebeard
FS Record: Two top 5k finishes in last five seasons

Post by TopMarx »

No Way Jose wrote:How long is aurier out?

Will get on trippier if he’s likely to get a decent stint

This thread is gold. Quality
Aurier came off after 30 minutes in the Ivory Coast v Rwanda match on 23 March with a hamstring injury. We haven't had a return date yet but hamstring injuries are normally 3 weeks out in my experience.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ChrisD »

I’m liking that these teams are so different to current templates, hoping that using a WC now is a real advantage over those that have used theirs already.

My learning point from the last DGW is that not everyone has to double (3 of the dream 11 had single games) and 5-4-1 was the formation (due in part to forward rotation).

Therefore Bournemouth players (home to Fulham) aren’t off my radar yet!

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

What we all doing about Brighton?

Anyone going Ryan, Duffy and Dunk?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

The Toon Man wrote: 06 Apr 2019, 07:59 What we all doing about Brighton?

I'm tempted. Even if it's just for GW34, a single clean sheet for Brighton and that's a tidy differential. If Dunk registers an attacking return, even more so. However, for me, there would have to be the intention of changing Dunk/Duffy though at some point. I would imagine that would be in GW37. Will that equate to a -4 is the question?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

I'm also keeping an eye on FA Cup result of Watford Wolves game. Whoever goes out will/should be fully focused on 7th place in the league. (which will ruin their season next year!)

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

The Toon Man wrote: 06 Apr 2019, 07:59 What we all doing about Brighton?

Going ryan and one of them yea. Thinking duffy so far.

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

An Auba rise out of the blue. Stupid changes this season.

DeadlySub
Wideboy
FS Record: Beginner

Post by DeadlySub »

snakzz wrote: 06 Apr 2019, 08:33 An Auba rise out of the blue. Stupid changes this season.
Yeah I can't remember seeing him listed as someone close to a rise.

On the plus side I was tinkering around yesterday morning and came up with something for my WC that left me with 0.1m. Thanks to GW33 players increasing and players I wanted falling I can now do it and be left with 0.5m. Was hoping Jimenez would fall too, but I guess that was being greedy!

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Got this so far:
Ryan Leno
TAA Kola Doherty Duffy Valery
Eriksen Pogba Son Deulofeu/Doucoure Camarasa
Kane Auba Jimmy
1.3 ITB

Can do Camarasa :arrow: Hojbjerg for 35 and Eriksen :arrow: Mane for 36

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

Liverpool - can maybe understand having 1 of the fullbacks on WC but not one of the 3 forwards. There are clearly better options until GW36 even considering the -4 needed to get them in for GW36.

fantasyfaz
FISOhead
FS Record: Telegraph weekly Tinkerman winner Telegraph Cricket weekly winner, TFFO 3rd place 2009, TFFO manager of the month Sept 2008

Post by fantasyfaz »

From4corners wrote: 05 Apr 2019, 19:58 Son supposedly going down in price tonight? Nice.
Thank you so much. Pulled the trigger on WC and put him in as most transferred midfield player in. Removed him for Maddison so saved myself 0.1 at least.

fantasyfaz
FISOhead
FS Record: Telegraph weekly Tinkerman winner Telegraph Cricket weekly winner, TFFO 3rd place 2009, TFFO manager of the month Sept 2008

Post by fantasyfaz »

huey wrote: 06 Apr 2019, 02:20 I've got money tied up in Etheridge and Foster rotates nicely with him. Not sure if I'll hold on to Chilwell.
I'm very wary of Man City rotation and I dearly wish I could have four forwards (Kane, Laca, Firmino and Jimenez). So I ended up here:

Foster, Etheridge
Kane, Lacazette, Firmino

I was already concerned the midfield is weak. Now, after his goal this evening, I'm wondering if Mo might have rediscovered his mojo. So it could be this instead:

Foster, Etheridge
Kane, Lacazette, Jimenez

In other words, Salah, Jimenez, Babel vs Mane, Firmino, Deulofeu. What do you think?
First.

Lorenzo
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 0

Post by Lorenzo »

Plan so far.
Wc
Ryan
Tta duffy dunk trippier
Son mane b.silva
Jimenz kane(c) auba

Bench

Foster jota doucoure holebas.

Set up to bench boost gw35 and transfer a brighton defender to possibly kolasinac

Not too keen on the man city rotational minefield but bernado silvas minuites have looked decent. Not set in stone for me as of yet

Doesn't look like the best wildcard on paper. But i have to keep reminding myself im playing the next 4 gameweeks not entire season.

Any thoughts chaps?

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

I'm now considering a front line of Kane, Lacaz plus either Aub or Aguero. I can afford Aguero+Son+Alli or Aub+Son+Mane. Got money invested in Mane but now's the time of the season to not worry about losing that by selling him.

I might go with Murray(c) this week then swap him next week for Aub/Kun. Leaves a lot of money sloshing around in the bank but so be it for a one-week gamble.

Looking beyond the DGW, will plan to ship out Duffy + (?)Doucoure/Jota :arrow: premium def + budget midfielder in GW36 or GW37. Or roll with the situation if any fires emerge that need putting out.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

snakzz wrote: 06 Apr 2019, 08:33 An Auba rise out of the blue. Stupid changes this season.
Oh nice. Made enough changes to have him and JWP in to start off my WC.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Just seen that Arsenal haven't kept any CSs away from home :!:

4/6 of their fixtures are away (wat, wol, lei, bur). I'm finding it difficult to see any CSs in those fixtures. I'll probably hold onto Kola since he's more like Alonso than an actual defender, but Leno & co are firmly off my radar.

Draft #3
Foster Ryan
Virgil Kolasinac Duffy Holebas Valery
Mane Eriksen Son Jota Doucoure
Kane Lacazette Jimenez

Would prefer Aubameyang over Lacazette but I'm about 0.3m short even after downgrading Duffy and Valery.

I could get into Dunk as well but I'd prefer to keep the transfer in case an option appears elsewhere.
Valeron wrote: 06 Apr 2019, 09:37 Liverpool - can maybe understand having 1 of the fullbacks on WC but not one of the 3 forwards. There are clearly better options until GW36 even considering the -4 needed to get them in for GW36.
After yesterday, I'm thinking Virgil is the Liverpool defender to have. TAA and Robertson were both rotated (e.g. vs Everton away) when Liverpool reached the UCL SF last year, something which is probable considering the QF is against Porto. Virgil, however, was not rotated and so far he has started every game this season. Unless he gets injured, he's 100% certain to start every game.

Not sure there are many better options than Mane tbh.
Lorenzo wrote: 06 Apr 2019, 10:08 Plan so far.
Wc
Ryan
Tta duffy dunk trippier
Son mane b.silva
Jimenz kane(c) auba

Bench

Foster jota doucoure holebas.

Set up to bench boost gw35 and transfer a brighton defender to possibly kolasinac

Not too keen on the man city rotational minefield but bernado silvas minuites have looked decent. Not set in stone for me as of yet

Doesn't look like the best wildcard on paper. But i have to keep reminding myself im playing the next 4 gameweeks not entire season.

Any thoughts chaps?
Good team, I'm coming around to Doucoure. Just seen his stats and positioning and he looks a real threat.

huey
Red & Blue Braces

Post by huey »

fantasyfaz wrote: 06 Apr 2019, 09:51
huey wrote: 06 Apr 2019, 02:20 I've got money tied up in Etheridge and Foster rotates nicely with him. Not sure if I'll hold on to Chilwell.

Foster, Etheridge
Kane, Lacazette, Firmino

Foster, Etheridge
Kane, Lacazette, Jimenez

First.
Thanks @fantasyfaz. My fault for asking an inconsistent question, but do you mean the first full team I listed, or the first trio? (opposite answers). I'd value your perspective on Salah - I had planned to take him out, but maybe he's worth hanging on to now?

fantasyfaz
FISOhead

Post by fantasyfaz »

huey wrote: 06 Apr 2019, 15:52
fantasyfaz wrote: 06 Apr 2019, 09:51

Foster, Etheridge
Kane, Lacazette, Firmino

Foster, Etheridge
Kane, Lacazette, Jimenez

First.
Thanks @fantasyfaz. My fault for asking an inconsistent question, but do you mean the first full team I listed, or the first trio? (opposite answers). I'd value your perspective on Salah - I had planned to take him out, but maybe he's worth hanging on to now?
Salah, Jimenez, Babel

fantasyfaz
FISOhead

Post by fantasyfaz »

Reason for is they are all more a less playing up front. Iv had Firmino who’s done ok for me but nothing special. Much rather have Salah & Jiminez (this man has killed me) over Mane & Firmino. Not much in Delofeu & Babel.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Definitely 3 spurs . Probably Kane Eriksen Trippier

Feel like I need to make a decision between Wolves and Arsenal and not have both since they play each other

Same goes for Watford & Southampton

Have pogba in team currently as bought cheap but not sure I want him . No others considered

Don’t really fancy city . They could be in for 2 really tough games and not sure who to pick . May consider B Silva at his price

Brighton is a strange one with nice 34 and nasty 35 . Ryan + Duffy maybe . Murray could be played 34 and transferred for deeney for 35 . Although risky to assume you won’t need to burn FT on an injury to get 15 players out for 35

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Also tempted to actually go without City and Arsenal (both two home games and 5 away games, which seems to have somewhat of an effect on Kolasinac relying on clean sheets and Aguero scoring goals), and instead triple up on Liverpool and keeping Vardy like this:
WC34a.png
It does mean I have to go for this tonight as it seems Aguero's potential drop in price tonight would outprice me..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

axt
Treebeard

Post by axt »

Ok, my draft is this

Ryan / Foster
VVD / Kolasinac / Duffy / Doherty / Valery
Ozil / Son / Mane / Doucoure / Ward-Prowse
Kane / Lacazette / Jimenez

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

I'm keeping Salah FWIW... Looking at something like this:

Ryan/Patricio
Robertson/Kolasinac/Duffy/Valery/Bennett
Salah/Eriksen/B Silva/Deulofeu/Redmond
Kane/Lacazette/Jimenez

With possible plan to swap Duffy to a Watford defender for 35...

Adelante
Treebeard

Post by Adelante »

Currently on this lineup

Likely to change several times before the weekend. Leno may be move out for Etheridge or Foster.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

huey
Red & Blue Braces

Post by huey »

fantasyfaz wrote: 06 Apr 2019, 16:12 Reason for is they are all more a less playing up front. Iv had Firmino who’s done ok for me but nothing special. Much rather have Salah & Jiminez (this man has killed me) over Mane & Firmino. Not much in Delofeu & Babel.
Cheers mate.
I've also notice that if I economise on keepers, I can keep enough budget to bring in Aguero for GW36:

Ryan, Gunn
Trippier, Kola, Duffy, Chilwell, Valery
Salah, Son, Fraser, KWP, Babel
Kane, Aubameyang, Jimenez
£1.1m ITB

I've noticed a few people going for Foster and Ryan. GW37 could be tricky: Foster will be away to Chelsea, Ryan away to Arsenal. Ryan and Gunn saves cash and rotates well. Assuming Gunn keeps his place...

wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

huey wrote: 06 Apr 2019, 23:40
fantasyfaz wrote: 06 Apr 2019, 16:12 Reason for is they are all more a less playing up front. Iv had Firmino who’s done ok for me but nothing special. Much rather have Salah & Jiminez (this man has killed me) over Mane & Firmino. Not much in Delofeu & Babel.
Cheers mate.
I've also notice that if I economise on keepers, I can keep enough budget to bring in Aguero for GW36:

Ryan, Gunn
Trippier, Kola, Duffy, Chilwell, Valery
Salah, Son, Fraser, KWP, Babel
Kane, Aubameyang, Jimenez
£1.1m ITB

I've noticed a few people going for Foster and Ryan. GW37 could be tricky: Foster will be away to Chelsea, Ryan away to Arsenal. Ryan and Gunn saves cash and rotates well. Assuming Gunn keeps his place...
Gunn and Ryan was the combo I took from the GW33 wildcard

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Currently..

Ryan (Foster)

Duffy Dunk Trippier (Valery, TAA)

Jota son deulofeu mane (JWP)

Aguero lacazette Kane

.7 spare for dunk to Kolasinac or deulofeu to Fraser.

Pick holes in it guys! Too double gameweek focused? Can’t help but think city players will be tough to pick but Aguero will start the most given his importance.

Could do Aguero to Wilson and deulofeu to hazard or sterling

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

WC34 BB35 Strategy

Post by Joccki_10 »

Some of you have ridiculous team value. :shock:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”