To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Wildcard 32

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Wildcard 32

Post by wizardoffire »

Anyone else planning on it this week and setting up for the rest of the season?

If you are, can hopefully use this topic to share their thoughts and plans

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Wildcard 32

Post by Blue Fire »

Surprised by the lack of activity on this thread. I might pull the trigger as soon as the DGWs are confirmed which would also confirm FH33.

The Royal BlueNose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average at best!

Post by The Royal BlueNose »

Yeah I've pulled the trigger and interesting what people's strategies are with GW33 in mind.

Draft team currently only has 5 GW33 players in it (Guita, Schar, Van Dijk, Mane and Batshuayi). I might try and get another Pool player in but don't I also have quite a few DGW players in the team who I'd like to keep.

Maybe just five playing is enough. Surely most will have used their FH and second WC by now...

wizardoffire
Dumbledore

Post by wizardoffire »

yay some fellow wildcarders... once I get some more time and the FA confirm all the fixtures can really start planning

need to figure out some form of rotation with players sitting in 33 as I cant free hit out

but heres the conundrum, Man Citys fixtures potentially for 32 are great for TC

I still think Ill be wildcarding for the run in though and then can go pick the best week for bench boost and TC

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

The way the DGWs have fallen, I really don't think there's a huge difference between WC32 FH33 and FH32 WC34 - both will be attracted by roughly the same set of players as there are so many teams with 2+ DGWs. Brighton and Cardiff cheapies will be particularly attractive to all of us now I imagine.

It'll be interesting to see how many (if any) FH32 WC34-ers switch to WC32 FH33 in order to BB34 TC35 (so to play a chip in all the DGWs). I'm sticking to FH32, but will be keeping close track of this thread to see the ideas for players you guys come up with. :)

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

I haven’t 100% discounted this as an option. Now the fixtures are known it allows for accurate comparisons.
I suspect that the respective quality of our current GW33 team will be the clincher for many.
In my case, with Palace going out of the Cup, I now have AWB and Rondon playing as well so I have 12 to pick from. This being the case the delay to WC34 might just be pragmatic in that it means I pick my team to GW38 with a bit more information and less likelihood of being stuck with someone who then gets injured or dropped in the next couple of weeks.
If I come up with any numbers to back up this presumption I’ll share

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Stemania wrote: 19 Mar 2019, 15:58 The way the DGWs have fallen, I really don't think there's a huge difference between WC32 FH33 and FH32 WC34 - both will be attracted by roughly the same set of players as there are so many teams with 2+ DGWs. Brighton and Cardiff cheapies will be particularly attractive to all of us now I imagine.

It'll be interesting to see how many (if any) FH32 WC34-ers switch to WC32 FH33 in order to BB34 TC35 (so to play a chip in all the DGWs). I'm sticking to FH32, but will be keeping close track of this thread to see the ideas for players you guys come up with. :)
Yeah...I’ve already hit the FH button for GW32 but if I hadn’t I would be considering WC32, FH33 instead for the reasons Stem says above

That said, I have a decent team for GW33 as it is, so using FH would be a waste in that regard....but then playing TC in a SGW is also a waste, which appears likely now.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Archy wrote: 19 Mar 2019, 20:09....but then playing TC in a SGW is also a waste, which appears likely now.
Not if you get the right Liverpool player in GW36 :)

Edgeways
Treebeard

Post by Edgeways »

Stemania wrote: 19 Mar 2019, 15:58 The way the DGWs have fallen, I really don't think there's a huge difference between WC32 FH33 and FH32 WC34 - both will be attracted by roughly the same set of players as there are so many teams with 2+ DGWs. Brighton and Cardiff cheapies will be particularly attractive to all of us now I imagine.

Still not sure what I'm going to do. I have been in the FH32 camp up to now as the squad I want for GW33 will probably be a bit different to GW35. I will probably play BB in 35 so will want a decent bench. Don't want to compromise an all out shit hot 1st 11 for 32 by having too much tied up on the bench then. I think Wolves and Watford might rotate in 32 so not thinking of having them for both 32 and 35.

Not sure I'm bothered about playing a chip in 34 if it affects this. The only thing that might cause me to go WC32 is if a number of my current players (potentially 12) become unavailable for 33 so it pays to FH then.

Is this sensible thinking?

Edgeways
Treebeard

Post by Edgeways »

Edgeways wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 07:45

Still not sure what I'm going to do. I have been in the FH32 camp up to now as the squad I want for GW33 will probably be a bit different to GW35. I will probably play BB in 35 so will want a decent bench. Don't want to compromise an all out shit hot 1st 11 for 32 by having too much tied up on the bench then. I think Wolves and Watford might rotate in 32 so not thinking of having them for both 32 and 35.

Not sure I'm bothered about playing a chip in 34 if it affects this. The only thing that might cause me to go WC32 is if a number of my current players (potentially 12) become unavailable for 33 so it pays to FH then.

Is this sensible thinking?
Should have added that I've fallen behind in my mini league over the last few weeks, partly as a result of others playing chips. Should be in a good position in theory to make up ground in next couple of gameweeks. Would rather play my WC as late as possible to know whether I'm chasing or consolidating a lead at that point and set my team up for the rest of the season accordingly.

kempc23
Kevin and Perry

Post by kempc23 »

Im looking at something like this-

Ederson Boruc
Luiz TAA Duffy Wan-Bis Valery
Sterling Hazard Pogba Mane McNeil
Aguero Wilson/King Jiminez

This gives me the following (not including transfers)

GW32: 9 doublers plus Mane and Wilson/King
GW33: 9 starters
GW34: 2 doublers
GW35: 7 doublers

Free hit is already gone, used in GW19 for a rather good 112. TC wasted on Sane. Bench boost in hand.

Any suggestions?

wizardoffire
Dumbledore

Post by wizardoffire »

Looking at the weeks ahead I think Id rather triple captain in GW 32 which rules out wildcarding and then I would bench boost for 35

Based on my current team, I can field a fairly strong team for GW32 with a couple of transfers and potentially a -4 or -8 and then wildcard in 33 as my team for that week looks terrible and if wildcarding in 32, I dont like how my team would look for GW33.

The Royal BlueNose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average at best!

Post by The Royal BlueNose »

I'm looking at a Chelsea defender as they have a DGW 32 and a game for 33.

Luiz and Azpi seem the best options, but Chelsea's form is just dreadful and a defender seems like such a hard sell!

pipolinus
Kevin and Perry

Post by pipolinus »

On WC32, will FH33:

Ryan (Gunn)

Laporte, Duffy, Schlupp (Kolasinac, Valery)

Sterling, Hazard, Pogba, Deulofeu (JWP)

Aguero, Aubameyang, Jiménez

Doubts on Deulofeu vs Jota.

Best of luck!

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Ryan (Hamer)

Rudiger Smalling TAA Dunk Schlupp

Pogba Camarasa DSilva Sterling Deulofeu

Aguero Rashford Higuain.

Think I'm pretty much set. Need to decide between Higuain, Deulofeu & Jimenez, Son.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”