To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Free Hit GW32

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Re: Free Hit GW32

Post by Beerfuelledman »

westlondonsun wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 20:57 Does anyone know if

A) Free hit can be activated now and can tinker my team until the deadline?

B) Can you get price rises on a free hit hence why you might activate it right now so you can get imporved team value?

C) Lastly for my FT should I use it before I activate FH so I can bring in a player for GW33 as dont think you can bank transfer into next week
A) Yes
B) Only for the purposes of your FH team.
C) Activating FH cancels any transfer(s) you have made this week.

Adelante
Treebeard

Post by Adelante »

Owsler wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 10:01 For those FH32, how many are WC33?
WC 34 for me.

Should have 11 players, 12 with a free transfer for BGW 33.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

westlondonsun wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 20:57 Does anyone know if

A) Free hit can be activated now and can tinker my team until the deadline?

B) Can you get price rises on a free hit hence why you might activate it right now so you can get imporved team value?

C) Lastly for my FT should I use it before I activate FH so I can bring in a player for GW33 as dont think you can bank transfer into next week
Yes, if you're using FH, you should activate it immediately and bring in the players you want before they rise in price. It's like a wildcard; you can bring players in and out. However, you don't get to keep their price rises permanently and you also don't get your free transfer this week if you use FH. It's a subtle downside to the FH. Essentially your GW31 team is stuck in place in the background, and when GW32 is over, you'll go back to that team and all of the price rises and drops that have happened to it during GW32.

All that said, looking at the transfer activity, it seems like a lot of casuals are unaware that this is going to be a big double gameweek. Many of the good picks who haven't had their fixtures announced yet are suffering net transfers out, so you don't need to rush to bring them in. Hazard is an example. Net transfers out today even though he'll be one of the best players available. Once the fixtures are finalized, we should see a lot of activity on City and Chelsea players.

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

Although probably not on most free hitters' radar, Son just dropped in price last night.

I haven't been able to shoehorn any Spurs coverage into my FH team yet and I probably won't. Maybe Son if I end up going 3-5-2 rather than 3-4-3 as planned.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Now that Spurs blank in 33, they may not need to rest players in 32 but they do have champions league week after, as do City of course

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I know it's too early to say anything definite, but what do you guys think about Higuain's chances to start both matches in DGW32?

Here are Chelsea's fixtures:

March 31, Cardiff away (DGW32)
Midweek, Brighton at home (DGW32)
April 8, West Ham at home (GW33)
April 14, Slavia Prague away (UEL)

Before GW32 Giroud has international duties, Higuain doesn't.

I think we can assume that Giroud starts Europa League match while Higuain starts against Cardiff and West Ham. But I find it difficult to predict which one of them starts the second DGW32 match against Brighton. Would Higuain really start three consecutive matches in a week?

I know Higuain is totally capable to start those three matches in a week, but Giroud has made an impression in Europa League (admittedly against lesser opponents, but still) while Higuain's performances have been somewhat mixed. I think we was fine yesterday, he had some good attempts on goal and could have easily scored at least once, but he didn't look very sharp in some situations. I guess if he had converted some of those chances we would all be praising that he is in a great form, but I just don't think he was that impressive yesterday. Anyway, I think there is a reasonable chance Giroud starts against Brighton. What do you guys think?

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Well I had Higuain in my initial draft, but he blanked and got hauled off after 66 minutes yesterday, which is enough to make me think I’d rather go for Chelsea assets that are more certain to get gametime. Currently sitting on Hazard, Azpilicueta, Kepa

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

first draft:

Ederson
Shaw - Luiz or CRY/SOT defender - CRY or SOT defender
Pogba - Sterling - Hazard - Ward Prowse or Deulofeu
Aguero - Higuain - Rashford or Lukaku

If I decide to pick Lukaku over Rashford then have to play both Palace and Southampton defender alongside Shaw

Higuain is also a big question mark for me, he got subbed off early yesterday so I'm thinking Sarri might start Giroud next match. Too bad Chelsea assets look so poor, might end up with two Chelsea defenders and 3-5-2

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

We're still waiting on a few DGWs to be confirmed, right?

I assume this is a matter of time and they're all likely to be confirmed as reported in any FPL site/twitter?

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

First draft:

Ederson
Azpilicueta - Luiz - Shaw
Sterling - Hazard - Pogba - Jota
Aguero - Rashford - Zaha

I think I'm set on most of these picks. I'm just a bit unsure about having two Chelsea defenders, game time for Jota and whether Zaha is going to be fit.

Thoughts?

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Tempted by:

Kepa
Luiz, AWB, Tomkins (Valery as cover)
Sterling, Hazard, Pogba, Son, BSilva
Aguero, Rashford

That CP home game against HUD looks tempting and might even look at a triple up in defence (and yes, I know it looked tempting when WHU played them on Saturday...), allowing one of the front 7 to be upgraded - although how any could be upgraded in that lineup is debtable.

johnjoe107
Treebeard
FS Record: Never been outside the top 3

Post by johnjoe107 »

Fuzz wrote:First draft:

Ederson
Aguero - Rashford - Zaha

I think I'm set on most of these picks. I'm just a bit unsure about having two Chelsea defenders, game time for Jota and whether Zaha is going to be fit.

Thoughts?
Looks strong. Jota was a real threat against Utd so think he'll get the game time. Think Zaha is the only one I would consider replacing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Archy »

Fuzz wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 11:00 First draft:

Ederson
Aguero - Rashford - Zaha

Thoughts?
This is the same as my current draft :D

No-one seems to be picking Jimenez so far.....is there not a decent chance he’ll do better than Rashford?

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Archy wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 11:36
Fuzz wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 11:00 First draft:

Ederson
Aguero - Rashford - Zaha

Thoughts?
This is the same as my current draft :D

No-one seems to be picking Jimenez so far.....is there not a decent chance he’ll do better than Rashford?
Very tempted by Jimenez. But. Might he get some rest for the SF?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

I think it's because people will be worried Wolves will rest players in that second game, whereas UTD blank at the weekend and have no reason to rest anyone

Archy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Archy »

Ah good point guys!

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Didn’t realise Salah would drop . Free hit budget is 0.1 less now :(

Fuzz
FISOhead

Post by Fuzz »

Yeah, I originally had Jiminez and Jota but the consensus seems to be that Wolves will rest players.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Personally I think it is doubtful (but not impossible) that Wolves will rest players. We are going for a top seven finish.

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

Kepa
Emerson/Shaw/Valery
Pogba/*6.4m*/Alli/Sterling
Rashford/Kane/Aguero

currently. will no doubt change a lot by the deadline.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Archy »

Kane instead of Hazard....interesting!

Toyed with Kane myself but can’t afford him alongside Aguero Sterling and Hazard

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Kepa
Shaw Luiz AWB
Pogba B. Silva Sterling Hazard Son
Aguero Rashford

Low risk other than B. Silva but he has become a favourite with Pep and features in every league game.

Prefer the 3-5-2 with Son over Higuain.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Chelsea are a really interesting one, their DGW is amazing on paper, and two defenders (Luiz, Azpil, Kepa) + Hazard was my gut instinct. Another loss yesterday though - did anyone watch them? How did they play? Was Hazard threatening?

johnjoe107
Treebeard
FS Record: Never been outside the top 3

Post by johnjoe107 »

Nailer6245 wrote:Chelsea are a really interesting one, their DGW is amazing on paper, and two defenders (Luiz, Azpil, Kepa) + Hazard was my gut instinct. Another loss yesterday though - did anyone watch them? How did they play? Was Hazard threatening?
They dominated 1st half, Hazard hit the post and was a threat the whole match. He's going to score big in the DGW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Nailer6245 wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 14:12 Chelsea are a really interesting one, their DGW is amazing on paper, and two defenders (Luiz, Azpil, Kepa) + Hazard was my gut instinct. Another loss yesterday though - did anyone watch them? How did they play? Was Hazard threatening?
On another day they'd have been 3-0 up by half-time and the game would've already been out of sight.

They just didn't quite turn up for the second half in the same manner for some reason.

I think I'll be dropping Higuain, but if budget allows I'm keen to keep Hazard and Rudiger.

Fuzz
FISOhead

Post by Fuzz »

sstaffsw wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 13:35 Personally I think it is doubtful (but not impossible) that Wolves will rest players. We are going for a top seven finish.
Cheers, I think I do prefer Jimenez over Zaha.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Some very strong looking teams here. Don't see Doherty in many of them. I might hold due to his obvious points potential as well as how much money I have tied up!

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Ederson is getting a lot of love in this thread.

Stena Bib
FISOhead
FS Record: Finished 530 FPL 2018/19

Post by Stena Bib »

Whats the consensus, on how many playing subs needed ? [1 or 2 max]

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Stena Bib wrote:Whats the consensus, on how many playing subs needed ? [1 or 2 max]
With Bedarek and Hodgepodge for eg its pretty east to get two

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”