To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Free Hit GW32

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Re: Free Hit GW32

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Bobby Fetta wrote: 19 Mar 2019, 22:02
Sutter Kane wrote: 19 Mar 2019, 19:09 Any interest in PVA?
Yes, I'm interested. He has good pedigree from dgws past too, if memory serves me right.

But its hard to justify when I can keep AWB for 4.2m. A double up seems excessive but I don't rule it out completely. I guess it depends if I have any spare cash left over and maybe put AWB as first sub.
I'm wondering about something similar Bobby. Probably depends on whether there is any spare cash when I have put more flesh on my side. Btw do you have any of your updated moving average charts, would be really interested to see them at this point?

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

raoul wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 21:47 My opinion for what it's worth based on info we have currently: [snipped for space]
I think your list is very good raoul. Very similar to the names I've been considering. Picking out a few players to open up the discussion on:

FWDS
2. Rashford - my understanding is that he is now on penalties, which United seem to get plenty this season, so makes him a better option, albeit perhaps compensated by the Lukaku issue
4. Jimenez - would be an automatic selection for me if it wasn't for FA Cup induced rotation. Likewise Jota and Deulofeu. Not sure what to do about them.

MIDS
3. Pogba - is he actually a good choice anymore if, as above, he is off penalties? His open play goal threat seems to have dropped recently. This seems like the big decision for my team as he'll be a very popular choice.
4. Son - seems to have gone off the boil since Kane came back
10. Milivojevic - can the run of penalties carry on? A nice departure from the template

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Owsler wrote:It is nuts to hold off on a FH and take hits to take advantage of the DGW players just because you don't want to still own Salah next GW, right?
Depends how many hits, and if there is a better time for you to FH.

You’ll get a FT for 33 to remove him anyway...and the loss while you wait until then will be insignificant compared to the £££ you’ll then have to spend.

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 19 Mar 2019, 22:12 Btw do you have any of your updated moving average charts, would be really interested to see them at this point?
To be honest, they haven't changed very much since I last posted them. But I can put them on STC at some point this week if people want them.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Bobby Fetta wrote: 19 Mar 2019, 22:17
2. Rashford - my understanding is that he is now on penalties, which United seem to get plenty this season, so makes him a better option, albeit perhaps compensated by the Lukaku issue

3. Pogba - is he actually a good choice anymore if, as above, he is off penalties? His open play goal threat seems to have dropped recently. This seems like the big decision for my team as he'll be a very popular choice.
Very interested in this; has OGS said anything about Rashford now being on penalties.

ekoku
Wideboy

Post by ekoku »

snout wrote: 19 Mar 2019, 21:33 I'd always assumed I'd shift out all my Liverpool players for the FH but now seriously considering keeping Mane. Yes no double but he's on fire at the moment and somehow the balance of the team looks better with him in it.
agree with this. let's not forget they are still challenging for the title!

fantasyfaz
FISOhead
FS Record: Telegraph weekly Tinkerman winner Telegraph Cricket weekly winner, TFFO 3rd place 2009, TFFO manager of the month Sept 2008

Post by fantasyfaz »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 19 Mar 2019, 22:25
Bobby Fetta wrote: 19 Mar 2019, 22:17

Very interested in this; has OGS said anything about Rashford now being on penalties.
I’m not convinced, he missed one earlier in season. Never took next one and was back on them again.

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 19 Mar 2019, 22:25 Very interested in this; has OGS said anything about Rashford now being on penalties.
Ah, I've looked it up to check and I think I totally misunderstood the quote I was basing this on. So ignore what I said! Apologies, I thought the first sentence was about Rashford but actually it was about Pogba after the last miss.

"I just said to him there, 'Get ready for the next one, because you're gonna take that as well'," Solskjaer said. "I've missed penalties. He's a confident boy, he wants to go and take the next one, you want that character and today was one of the ones he really blasted them, he normally just places them, so he'll be okay."

dellboy30
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO TFFE league champ

Post by dellboy30 »

Ars home to New, anyone considering Auba or Laca ?

gio
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 16/17 21K, 17/18 17K, 18/19 600K, 19/20 2K
TFF 17/18 2000, 18/19 500, 19/20 2000
TFF WC18 81st

Post by gio »

surprised there is not much love for Ryan/Duffy ?
Both cheap, a great home fixture vs Southampton, and then it is Chelsea away were Ryan could get at least save points and Duffy always a threat in set pieces

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

gio wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 09:02 surprised there is not much love for Ryan/Duffy ?
Both cheap, a great home fixture vs Southampton, and then it is Chelsea away were Ryan could get at least save points and Duffy always a threat in set pieces
I’m rocking dunk ATM. He’s due a goal. Hopefully it’s in the right net..

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

I'm not convinced on the Wolves rotation risk, looking at their fixtures.

Sat 30th - Burnley (GW32 - a)
Tues 2nd - Man United (GW32 - H)
Sun 7th - Watford (FA Cup)
Sat 13th - Soton (GW33 - a)

Almost a week between their early midweek game (Tues) and late weekend Cup Semi (Sunday). Does he need to rest players against Man United with such a big gap? Similarly, is he going to rest players in the first DGW game against Burnley right after a two-week international break?

Of the popular players, Doherty does seem a risk as he's been switched out for Traore a few times and his game is so based on fitness and endless running, in a position where they've got good cover. Jimenez however, I reckon he's got a good chance of playing (most of) both DGW fixtures.

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Schlupp looks the best Palace defender to me. Spurs are a conundrum. Kane may do well but along with Aguero unbalances the squad. I think Alli could do really well in the closing part of the season but Liverpool away is as bad a fixture as it gets for an attacking player.

Will Watford rotate ahead of the cup match? The side picked at City was more about specific tactics for that match to me following the mauling at Anfield.

Is it true Lindelof's wife is expecting soon? That may bring De Gea into consideration.

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

First draft with 0.0 itb.

Kepa
Rudiger Lindelof Laporte
Sterling Hazard Pogba Alli
Aguero Rashford Batshuayi

Bench: 3.9 4.2 3.8 3.8

Which 3 look better? Kepa/Laporte/Alli or Ederson/Luiz/Son?
Identical in price, favouring the first if Laporte looks to play both.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

jacksosi wrote: 19 Mar 2019, 22:23
Owsler wrote:It is nuts to hold off on a FH and take hits to take advantage of the DGW players just because you don't want to still own Salah next GW, right?
Depends how many hits, and if there is a better time for you to FH.

You’ll get a FT for 33 to remove him anyway...and the loss while you wait until then will be insignificant compared to the £££ you’ll then have to spend.
Cheers. And you never know if he might be useful once the dust settles in GW33.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Fairly template; not sure yet whether to go 352 Dilva or 343 Rashford

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Ederson
AWB, Schlupp, Tomkins
Sterling, Hazard, Pogba, Jota, Hudson Odoi
Kane Jimenez Aguero

Jota might be changed but am pretty happy with this at the moment.

Adelante
Treebeard

Post by Adelante »

At the moment my team is fairly templatey!!!

Ederson

Rudiger Lindelof Schlupp

Pogba Sterling Hazard Deulofeu

Aguero Rashford Jiminez

Boruc Jota Janmaat Wan-Bissaka

Thinking I could save money in Ederson and go for someone like Guaita and upgrade Jota/Deulofeu to another City midfielder. But don’t think there’s any attacking city midfielders that would be nailed to start?

Only thing I’m a bit wary of is no Spurs coverage but with them playing Liverpool I’m less inclined to look at a Spurs defender and Son has went off the boil. To get Kane in I’d need to rethink my whole team. A punt on Alli?

Thinking as well third sub likely should just be total bench fodder to free up more cash?

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

One player getting no mention... Martial. Potential?

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Adelante wrote: 21 Mar 2019, 08:56 At the moment my team is fairly templatey!!!

Ederson

Rudiger Lindelof Schlupp

Pogba Sterling Hazard Deulofeu

Aguero Rashford Jiminez

Boruc Jota Janmaat Wan-Bissaka

Thinking I could save money in Ederson and go for someone like Guaita and upgrade Jota/Deulofeu to another City midfielder. But don’t think there’s any attacking city midfielders that would be nailed to start?

Only thing I’m a bit wary of is no Spurs coverage but with them playing Liverpool I’m less inclined to look at a Spurs defender and Son has went off the boil. To get Kane in I’d need to rethink my whole team. A punt on Alli?

Thinking as well third sub likely should just be total bench fodder to free up more cash?
I have 2 of your bench in my starting XI. Almost 3m wasted so definitely can upgrade if you want to.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Martial - still red flagged so I presume that people are waiting for news
Adelante - as raoul says, there’s too much on the bench. It’s unusual to get a complete no-show over two games so one playing sub should suffice, unless you’re picking risky players of course!

abjectplop
Kevin and Perry

Post by abjectplop »

For those not aware, if you're going 2 up top you can bring in Quaner on the IoS app for 4.3m.....he doesn't appear on website where cheapest bench fodder is 4.5m.

He also appears if you use the Better FPL Chrome Extension.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

abjectplop wrote: 21 Mar 2019, 10:57 For those not aware, if you're going 2 up top you can bring in Quaner on the IoS app for 4.3m.....he doesn't appear on website where cheapest bench fodder is 4.5m.

He is now added on website too.

abjectplop
Kevin and Perry

Post by abjectplop »

Finisher1 wrote:
abjectplop wrote: 21 Mar 2019, 10:57 For those not aware, if you're going 2 up top you can bring in Quaner on the IoS app for 4.3m.....he doesn't appear on website where cheapest bench fodder is 4.5m.

He is now added on website too.
Thanks, didn't realise this!

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Yeah, I'm considering Quaner as an option to allow Kane up top and going 4-4-2.

The decision basically boils down to this:

a) Kane + Lindelof+AWB

or

b) Rashord + Jimenez + Azpilicueta (or maybe Zaha, if fit, instead of Rashford/Jimenez)

I quite like the idea of playing Kane - he's been quietly going about his business with 8 goals and 2 assists in his last 9 PL games. He's a player we can be pretty certain is going to get 180 minutes, even if 90 of them are away to Liverpool, so is a viable differential captain too (I'm playing catch up in my ML so this is a consideration)

Are the compromises too great though - Any thoughts on a v b?

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

b) avoids an attacker against a defender so you have six scoring opportunities not five (for core role, not defenders getting attacking points)

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Foster (3.9)
Azpilicueta Laporte Schlupp (AWB 3.8)
Sterling Hazard Eriksen Deulofeu (4.2)
Aguero Higuain Rashford

Barring mishaps this will probably be my team. I started with the non-FH template and by making a few judgement calls on expected minutes and analysis from RMTs like FFFix I reached the team above.

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

Resonare wrote: 21 Mar 2019, 15:10 Foster (3.9)
Aguero Higuain Rashford

Barring mishaps this will probably be my team. I started with the non-FH template and by making a few judgement calls on expected minutes and analysis from RMTs like FFFix I reached the team above.
Are you not worried about Deulofeu being rotated for FA cup?

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

I'm going

Kepa

Laporte/Schlupp/Lindeloff/Montoya

Pogba/Sterling/Hazard/Milivojevic

Kane/Aguero

Didn't realize how bad my TV has become, so had to max out my 103.5 with my bench being complete fodder

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Resonare wrote: 21 Mar 2019, 15:10 Foster (3.9)
Aguero Higuain Rashford

Compare this team with:

Etheridge
Robertson Doherty AWB
Sterling(TVC) Mane Pogba Fraser Deulofeu
Aguero(TC) Rashford

How many more points would you expect to achieve with your team? I'm thinking the success of FH 32 depends a lot on how Chelsea do.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”