To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Little Pea'd off? Wes your score 'King poor or were all your wishes Grant(ed)? GW31 scores!

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
suckitandsee
Treebeard

Re: Little Pea'd off? Wes your score 'King poor or were all your wishes Grant(ed)? GW31 scores!

Post by suckitandsee »

Ended up on 42 - FH utilised.

Siggy on bench and should have captained Mane rather than Firmino but not bad.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Little Pea'd off? Wes your score 'King poor or were all your wishes Grant(ed)? GW31 scores!

Post by Zimmerman »

Stu255 wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 21:08
MPTree wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 20:37
but it doesn't really teach us anything about correct chip usage when there's two other chips to maximise too, along with a WC.
It does teach us something! It absolutely does.

It just doesn’t teach us everything.

But we don’t need a unified theory in one step do we?

We can learn something about the probabilistic value of a chip by isolating it and seeing how it performs probabilisticly at the macro level.

If you see that over the past X seasons that FH gives +15 in most game weeks but averages +10 in BGWs and averages +25 in DGW then that is qualitative information that informs your use of the chip.

If TC averages +4 in most GW’s and +7 in DGW’s then that helps guide your strategy v’s the FH info, does it not?
I assume a subtle difference is that those planning for the BGW might be making less than optimum changes leading up to it (influenced by the BGW)?

I brought in Chilwell, kept hold of Westwood and Salah for longer than I might otherwise have. I also brought in Schar, Maddison and Rondon with half an eye on this BGW too (these have turned out alright).

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner Fantasy Football Scotland 2021/22

Post by Stormrider »

A fantastic 27 (-4).

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

36, which is kinda OK

FH gained me about 25 or 26 points, not a clue if that is any good.....

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

blahblah wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 12:35 36, which is kinda OK

Yeah that's pretty good. There's the points you possibly gained from the gameweeks preceding GW31 too.

But it's all comparative to how destroyed you could end up in GW32 - because of the high ceiling potential, GW32 can go horribly wrong or blissfully right.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Sutter Kane wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 16:03
blahblah wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 12:35 36, which is kinda OK

Yeah that's pretty good. There's the points you possibly gained from the gameweeks preceding GW31 too.

But it's all comparative to how destroyed you could end up in GW32 - because of the high ceiling potential, GW32 can go horribly wrong or blissfully right.
Im hoping TC Sterling covers that one :lol:

zalk
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 2197

Post by zalk »

Stu255 wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 11:26
If my halfway GW cheering for me team offends people then I am sorry. Genuinely sorry about that. Didn't realise this was scowled upon. I won't do it again.
A general rule I go by is: Don't adjust your posts by whomever is most offended.

Tuttifrutti
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 43841

Post by Tuttifrutti »

Well. The FH did NOT go as planned. 29 points.

At least my pre-planned DGW32 looks pretty good with just one player with a single match (Kolasinac). Would've been complete if Bennett wasn't suspended...

Current team:
GK: Ederson (FUL, CAR)
DF: Wan-Bissaka (HUD, TOT), Shaw (WAT, WOL), Kolasinac (NEW)
MF: Hazard (CAR, BHA), Sterling (FUL, CAR), Pogba (WAT, WOL), Moutinho (BUR, MUN)
FW: Agüero (FUL, CAR), Jimenez (BUR, MUN), Rashford (WAT, WOL).

Bench: Fabianski (EVE), Mkhitaryan (NEW), Robertson (TOT), Bennett (BUR, MUN)

Plan for GW33 is to trade two or three players (-4 hit) to be able to field 8-9 players. Most of the players already have a DGW in 35 with a some value invested so I wouldn't be able to afford the same players if I trade to field 11 players.

Only question now is whom should I use my TC on. Hazard? Sterling? Agüero? Pogba? Currently the strongest choice would be Sterling, although playtime might be a risk...

Luckily there's a long break until the next gameweek. Plenty of time to mess up. :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”