To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Which city midfielder for the next 3 weeks?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Sterling
31%
Sane
38%
De Bruyne
10%
Bernardo Silva
7%
David Silva
No votes
Mahrez
3%
None
10%

Total votes: 29

phrampton534
Wideboy

Post by phrampton534 »

Given their change in fortunes recently and the fact a lot of people got rid for other options, money no object who do you go with?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: Which city midfielder for the next 3 weeks?

Post by Oxford NZ »

Placed my vote on the pole before reading the opening post, sorry.
Just to clarify, I do not own a city mid and have not done for a while. Voted none (as I am punch drunk from hits and will not take any more until after my WC)
but If I had a FT I would probably get Sterling (if I wanted a city mid).
I would prefer Aguero from city rather than a mid and he is easier to get for me.

phrampton534
Wideboy

Post by phrampton534 »

Oxford NZ wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 08:54 Placed my vote on the pole before reading the opening post, sorry.
Just to clarify, I do not own a city mid and have not done for a while. Voted none (as I am punch drunk from hits and will not take any more until after my WC)
but If I had a FT I would probably get Sterling (if I wanted a city mid).
I would prefer Aguero from city rather than a mid and he is easier to get for me.
Aguero would be an option but, for me anyway, he takes up a slot Kane or Aubameyang could have (I'm loaded in midfield with only the one premium forward). Interesting that last night Sterling didn't start, De Bruyne and Sane got the usual 60 minutes and Mahrez got the full 90 minutes. You can never predict a Pep team but I'd say Sterling, De Bruyne and Sane all start at the weekend. I'd need to take a hit to get Sterling so I think he's out for me but I could do all the rest. Problem with city is that they're predictably unpredictable!!

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

Would just get one of KDB/Sterling/Sane and be patient. All capable of points off the bench. Have Sane myself but that was more due to budget/KDB injured at the time.

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

I bought Sane this gw.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Why only the next 3 weeks ?

Ive got Sane and Sterling and thinking of keeing them for the season now ( barr injuries )
Im also thinking of swapping Auba for Aguero as well

skip
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: UFPL beta winner 2014, OFL ISO winner 2013

Post by skip »

Stevieste wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 15:45 Why only the next 3 weeks ?

Ive got Sane and Sterling and thinking of keeing them for the season now ( barr injuries )
Man City could very well have blank fixtures in GW27, 31 and 33. Of course that means some tasty doubles too, but certainly needs consideration if you’re bringing in their players.

phrampton534
Wideboy

Post by phrampton534 »

skip wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 17:10
Stevieste wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 15:45 Why only the next 3 weeks ?

Man City could very well have blank fixtures in GW27, 31 and 33. Of course that means some tasty doubles too, but certainly needs consideration if you’re bringing in their players.
This.

And their fixtures take a turn for the worse but the next 3 could give big returns for the right pick. Not sure I'd be looking at doubling up as it's such a gamble with City players and there are plenty of other good options but they do look like they're back to their pre-blip form...

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Mendy is only a couple of weeks away also, for those going Sane.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

The Toon Man wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 07:40 Mendy is only a couple of weeks away also, for those going Sane.
Surey that Sane and Mendy not playing together claim has to be put to bed now, Sane has been immense this season and there is no way he getting dropped when Mendy returns.

He normally plays Mahrez over Sane in the big games people say, but he started Sane against Liverpool and he went onto get the winner for them and had an excellent game, also his defensive work has improved a lot, as ive seen him a few times trackng back and putting some good tackles or blocks in, so that must be something pep has been working on with him.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

I have 2 FTs and I have Sterling but I'm considering dropping him for Camarasa and then upgraded Ings to Aquero. Is that crazy? I feel like Aquero is the safer option over Sane/Sterling

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Stevieste wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 08:12
The Toon Man wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 07:40 Mendy is only a couple of weeks away also, for those going Sane.
Surey that Sane and Mendy not playing together claim has to be put to bed now, Sane has been immense this season and there is no way he getting dropped when Mendy returns.

He normally plays Mahrez over Sane in the big games people say, but he started Sane against Liverpool and he went onto get the winner for them and had an excellent game, also his defensive work has improved a lot, as ive seen him a few times trackng back and putting some good tackles or blocks in, so that must be something pep has been working on with him.
Still seems valid to me. Certainly Sane playing well when Mendy hasn't been around would seem to strengthen, not weaken, the theory, wouldn't it? Basically they occupy the same part of the pitch, is the theory.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

hancockjr wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 15:34
Stevieste wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 08:12

Still seems valid to me. Certainly Sane playing well when Mendy hasn't been around would seem to strengthen, not weaken, the theory, wouldn't it? Basically they occupy the same part of the pitch, is the theory.
On that logic then, id say it dont matter if Mendy comes back as he wont be getting in the team ahead of Sane on current form.

Id like to hear the opinions of people who have Sane as well, because surely they are thinking the same about Sane have cemented his place in the team

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”