To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW20 Wildcard

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: GW20 Wildcard

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 21:12 How are people factoring in blanks of GW27 into their planning?

Everton and City look near certain to be missing, and one of Chelsea and Spurs will join them (along with Burnley or Brighton). There's only 7 transfers to go until that week, and of course we don't want the tail to wag the dog, but going with 5 or 6 or more from those teams could be very problematic in 27.
I would just ignore it. Even if you have to take say three hits for GW27 (which is probably the worst case scenario), then it's just -12 points. You can easily rack up that 12 points during GW20-26 when you have the very best team. If you pick inferior players for GW20-26 just so that you can avoid hits in GW27, then it's very probable your inferior team will get fewer points during GW20-26.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

At the moment I am doing just that, excepting perhaps putting slightly more wait against City players, who already have a tough minirun from GW25 and a tough GW21. For the big guns it matters little, I agree, but for managers with, say, Hart in goal it could be a real consideration - a 4 point hit on a cheap GK is not too far off a CS lost.

muldoon
FISOhead
FS Record: many years playing TFF, still learning the FPL ropes

Post by muldoon »

@stemania for your sub 4.3 def option you seek for cover for weeks 20, 21 and 27, surely Watford's Femenia is worth a shout. On those weeks he has New(H), Bou (A) and Car (A). Very good and better than Diop I think.

I'm not on WC but as an Ederson and Hamer owner, my planning for gw27 is underway. My dream scenario for the Caribo gw27 blank is Lossl gets injured in the next month, saving me the need for a keeper transfer. Hud have New that week so that's as good as it gets....but I fear that's clutching at straws. Rather than ditching Ederson I think I'll keep him for the season, but upgrade Hamer to a Fab or Foster, giving nicer DGW options and I've BB still to play too.

As far my other plans ahead of gw27, looking at fixtures I fancy changing Richarison to Maddison, and then Digne or Sane for someone playing in gw27, and as I only have 1 Sur and 1 Chel I think I need no more than 3 transfers between now and gw27 to get a decent 11 out that week. I still prefer saving the Free Hit chip for the later bigger blank week.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I've long had a sweet tooth for Femenia, but the spectre of Janmaat is still looming over him a little in my mind.

Janmaat was in the Watford team before his injury, but stangely appears to have dropped off the map after some gametime with the reserves. Apparently he's fit and has been for a while, and so my worry is that he plays one of the next two at Femenia's expense. Diop on the other hand has CBs starting assurance. Good shout though, cheers, will think further. :)

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

I realise I have 14hrs (maybe a bit less for safety) to play my WC or lose it.
And haven't done any research yet.
I mean , which premiums do I want in my team for the next 7-8 gws? (less than a dozen gw anyway, this viewtopic.php?f=18&t=129549 should be stickies btw)

I have Hazard, Auba and Sterling as my big guns, Started with Kun and Mané, then had Kane recently, but which should I get back, if any?
Never had Salah this season, and that didn't hurt me much till last couple gws, nor any Pool defender, and that has proven costlier, esp as I clinged on DudAlonso.

Normally on Saturdays I sleep at least 10 alarmless hrs, problem is when will I get asleep now :lol:

owenclass
Grumpy Old Man

Post by owenclass »

Hey guys. What do you think of my wildcard team

mandoncare
Treebeard

Post by mandoncare »

With inspiration from many of the teams here, Kamara and team structure is today’s dilemmas. If you want 15 active players then FPL seems designed to force you to play with 3 strikers with the lack of any base price striker that is first choice for their team. It makes sense, anyone playing upfront regularly for a premier league club should get some goals eventually. Pricing a first choice striker at 4.5 could put perennial 4.5 mids out of business. So you’re kinda forced to start with 3 upfront by default and pray that a first choice base-price forward sneaks into existence. I just wonder if Kamara is playing enough to justify a switch to 352 or 442. I’d certainly prefer Felipe Anderson to many similar priced forwards including Vardy.

Trippier vs Alderweireld is another one. I like the security of starts Toby has had this season but the lofty points Trippier can attain is very tempting. Decisions decisions.

Provisional Wildcard Team
Foster Patricio
Doherty Wan B. Alderweireld Pereira TAA
Son Camarasa Hazard Pogba Richarlison
Kane Vardy Mitrovic

Albert_ini
FISOhead

Post by Albert_ini »

My lattest draft, with 0.0 ITB:

Foster Button
Luiz Shaw AWB Doherty Digne
Salah Son Rich Felipe Haz
Kane Kamara Ings

Not very happy with Foster but he seems the best option up to 4.5; also think Shaw is a rotation risk but United short term fixtures are good, was between him and Lovren but the latter will become also risky very soon.

danzku
Treebeard
FS Record: FISO Forum League Cup 2016 Champion
Landlord of The Rounded Keeper 2021/22

Post by danzku »

So when exactly is Son leaving? How many games do we think he has left?

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

danzku wrote: 29 Dec 2018, 13:08 So when exactly is Son leaving? How many games do we think he has left?
I read that his last game will be MUN GW22 - can't remember where so don't quote me but unless I see otherwise that's what I'm working on.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

RomynPG wrote: 29 Dec 2018, 13:23
danzku wrote: 29 Dec 2018, 13:08 So when exactly is Son leaving? How many games do we think he has left?
I read that his last game will be MUN GW22 - can't remember where so don't quote me but unless I see otherwise that's what I'm working on.
Correct

Sloben
Cheetah

Post by Sloben »

I don't understand how everybody can afford the teams they have put up as draft here. I tried fitting in some teams because I thought it looked expensive and I came up short 3-5 on them.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Sloben wrote: 30 Dec 2018, 08:40 I don't understand how everybody can afford the teams they have put up as draft here. I tried fitting in some teams because I thought it looked expensive and I came up short 3-5 on them.
Post a link to your team or set up the FISO FPL link on your profile so we can answer that question more accurately. Or at least what is your present team value?
Team and squad value can be built up during the season giving you more purchasing power later. When you try building a WC squad do not delete the players you want to keep if you have accumulated value in them or you will buy them back for the current purchase price and not what you paid when you brought them in
initially.

Gabs
Wideboy
FS Record: FPL: 12/13 (3041), 14/15 (8152), 15/16 (419), 16/17 (1062), 18/19 (3859) 19/20 (7894)

Post by Gabs »

mandoncare wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 10:11
Gabs wrote: 27 Dec 2018, 20:38 Fantastic post mandoncare. Agree with just about it all.

My more difficult decisions are getting rid of Robbo (pp 6.0), Sane, and whether to double up on United with Martial or go with Richarlison. Tempted by Pereira instead of TAA as well.

My rough draft:

Foster Speroni
TAA Doherty Digne AWB Bednarek
Salah Son Hazard Pogba Martial
Kane Jimenez Kamara
Looks good to my untrained eyes. I still wonder if Digne attacking potential can compensate for Everton’s poor defensive record and stats. Have you considered Ricardo Pereira, Chilwell or even Jonny for a wolves double up. Foster can defo hold his own till about GW30 and I’ve considered going with him alone as well. I still have the bench boost and intend to play it in a single GW so would probably end up with Hart as a second goalie. You have also made me consider ditching Robbo for TAA and it makes a lot of sense. TAA has set pieces and, if he’s lucky with injuries, could match Robbo even if he plays less minutes. Gomez should be out for the next 2 and Klopp seems to favour TAA for the easier games.

I have woken on the right side of the bed today and decided Shaw is too much of a risk so looking at Leicester’s Pereira now. Jonny is also an option but Wolves fixture this weekend is putting me off since I already have Wan B. and Doherty.

Foster Hart
Kane Vardy Deeney
Ended up getting rid of Doherty and punted on Pereira. Possibly not a great decision in hindsight, but the trips to Tottenham and City in a span of 3 gws swayed me. This was my final wc team:

Foster Speroni
TAA Pereira Digne AWB Bednarek
Kane Jimenez Kamara

owenclass
Grumpy Old Man

Post by owenclass »

I think the wildcard worked out for me

neilem
Wideboy

Post by neilem »

Raging. I thought the WC can be used anytime before new year fixtures. They really should make this more visible, but then I shouldn’t have assumed and just looked up in the rules.

mandoncare
Treebeard

Post by mandoncare »

Gabs wrote: 30 Dec 2018, 22:58
mandoncare wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 10:11
Gabs wrote: 27 Dec 2018, 20:38 Fantastic post mandoncare. Agree with just about it all.

My more difficult decisions are getting rid of Robbo (pp 6.0), Sane, and whether to double up on United with Martial or go with Richarlison. Tempted by Pereira instead of TAA as well.

My rough draft:

Foster Speroni
TAA Doherty Digne AWB Bednarek
Kane Jimenez Kamara
Looks good to my untrained eyes. I still wonder if Digne attacking potential can compensate for Everton’s poor defensive record and stats. Have you considered Ricardo Pereira, Chilwell or even Jonny for a wolves double up. Foster can defo hold his own till about GW30 and I’ve considered going with him alone as well. I still have the bench boost and intend to play it in a single GW so would probably end up with Hart as a second goalie. You have also made me consider ditching Robbo for TAA and it makes a lot of sense. TAA has set pieces and, if he’s lucky with injuries, could match Robbo even if he plays less minutes. Gomez should be out for the next 2 and Klopp seems to favour TAA for the easier games.

I have woken on the right side of the bed today and decided Shaw is too much of a risk so looking at Leicester’s Pereira now. Jonny is also an option but Wolves fixture this weekend is putting me off since I already have Wan B. and Doherty.

Foster Hart
Kane Vardy Deeney
Ended up getting rid of Doherty and punted on Pereira. Possibly not a great decision in hindsight, but the trips to Tottenham and City in a span of 3 gws swayed me. This was my final wc team:

Foster Speroni
TAA Pereira Digne AWB Bednarek
Kane Jimenez Kamara
Actually doubled up on Wolves def with Doherty and Patricio. My final wc team:

Foster Patricio
Kane Vardy Deeney

With 1.1 ITB. I regret the wildcard a little because I was narrow minded with my planning believing I’d only want 2 premium attackers. I now feel like I may want 3 (Kane, Salah and Hazard). I’m banking this week and could have sold Son & Vardy for Salah & Ings next week but I’m 0.3 short. Would have got a cheaper def instead of Pereira if I’d thought of it, though I still think he’s a good pick. Or could have simply kept Salah like you in the wildcard. I despise the wildcard at times cause it can lead to overthinking whereas regular GWs transfers just make themselves.

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

With hindsight, I wish I'd played the wildcard earlier than GW20. I struggled to get enough time to work it out properly over christmas with family commitments. Not getting Pogba seems like the big mistake at the moment.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”