To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The FISO Guide to FPL Price Changes & Price Change Query Thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Re: The FISO Guide to FPL Price Changes & Price Change Query Thread

Post by TheRumourMill »

Is Perica price protected as he has left the league? Losing ownership but fpl statistics shows his NTO as 0.0. Unsure what the rules are on this?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

TheRumourMill wrote:Is Perica price protected as he has left the league? Losing ownership but fpl statistics shows his NTO as 0.0. Unsure what the rules are on this?
I think that’s due to a flag change. When a player gets red flagged his price is protected for a week, something like that.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Is Lulu likely to be protected as a new player from abroad, and if so for how long?

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Joccki_10 wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 17:04
TheRumourMill wrote:Is Perica price protected as he has left the league? Losing ownership but fpl statistics shows his NTO as 0.0. Unsure what the rules are on this?
I think that’s due to a flag change. When a player gets red flagged his price is protected for a week, something like that.
Ah ok, I thought that was when a player goes from red flagged to not flagged? You may well be right though as something is going on.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man

Post by TheRumourMill »

blahblah wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 17:26 Is Lulu likely to be protected as a new player from abroad, and if so for how long?
Yes, his protection ends at 5:50 am on the 22nd August.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

TheRumourMill wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 17:31
blahblah wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 17:26 Is Lulu likely to be protected as a new player from abroad, and if so for how long?
Yes, his protection ends at 5:50 am on the 22nd August.
Pants. I was hoping for a bit longer tbh

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

TheRumourMill wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 17:29
Ah ok, I thought that was when a player goes from red flagged to not flagged? You may well be right though as something is going on.
My guess, and it's only a guess, is that it's the status of U which sets the NTO's to 0 and keeps it there, as everyone who is set as U has this, while those with any other status are showing some NTO/I activity.

If confirmed it could make these guys a safe place to park your base price non-playing cash, without having to worry about price drops, until better alternatives emerge.

CTC is showing the same as FPLS for these players as well.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

I see he has been taken out of the game completely for non-owners?

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man

Post by TheRumourMill »

Talkie Toaster wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 19:33
TheRumourMill wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 17:29
My guess, and it's only a guess, is that it's the status of U which sets the NTO's to 0 and keeps it there, as everyone who is set as U has this, while those with any other status are showing some NTO/I activity.

If confirmed it could make these guys a safe place to park your base price non-playing cash, without having to worry about price drops, until better alternatives emerge.

CTC is showing the same as FPLS for these players as well.
Excellent, thank you for the reply :-)

Right, so barring Perica becoming a starter for Watford, the next best thing that could have happened as an owner was for him so be sold to another league like he has? If so that's brilliant and a fantastic stroke of good fortune.

tommyk71
Treebeard

Post by tommyk71 »

Wondering about Havertz - was listed 100.4% to drop yesterday per change predictor, but didn’t. At 100.2% now…

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

tommyk71 wrote: 19 Aug 2021, 00:06 Wondering about Havertz - was listed 100.4% to drop yesterday per change predictor, but didn’t. At 100.2% now…
You can expect to see a fair few instances like that at this point in the season as the predictor sites are in learning mode as they try to gauge where the thresholds are and pick up any rules that may have changed since last season. Even later in the season when accuracy improves there is still quite a bit of guesswork involved around things like the number of wildcards being played, which is worth bearing in mind if a rise/fall is crucial to your plans.

tommyk71
Treebeard

Post by tommyk71 »

Talkie Toaster wrote: 19 Aug 2021, 00:34
tommyk71 wrote: 19 Aug 2021, 00:06 Wondering about Havertz - was listed 100.4% to drop yesterday per change predictor, but didn’t. At 100.2% now…
You can expect to see a fair few instances like that at this point in the season as the predictor sites are in learning mode as they try to gauge where the thresholds are and pick up any rules that may have changed since last season. Even later in the season when accuracy improves there is still quite a bit of guesswork involved around things like the number of wildcards being played, which is worth bearing in mind if a rise/fall is crucial to your plans.

Of course - just above 100% is a grey area. When I see 102% and above it’s usually settled and there is a rise/drop. 100.8 now for Havertz ….Hang in there Kai!!!

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Alonso 0.1 rise 😳

Is there a whole other community out there bringing him in 😂

senorjoeyo
Red & Blue Braces

Post by senorjoeyo »

Just people sorting by points scored. Does seem less volatile than previous years which I guess is because of the high scores.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

Maybe but next week could be chaos on the price changes front with so many people rolling

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 32nd TFF 2014-15 (Single entrant)

Post by Yard of Grass »

Not ideal but if you are swapping a couple out next week it might be an idea to get business done early ie Saturday, to avoid those pesky 0.1s scuppering plans.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Stevieste wrote: 19 Aug 2021, 07:50 Alonso 0.1 rise 😳

Is there a whole other community out there bringing him in 😂
He's a season keeper. 8-)

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

From4corners wrote: 19 Aug 2021, 21:03 He's a season keeper. 8-)
In the same way Agüero was a season keeper? :lol:

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 19 Aug 2021, 23:34
From4corners wrote: 19 Aug 2021, 21:03 He's a season keeper. 8-)
In the same way Agüero was a season keeper? :lol:
Who? :oops:

Johnno1234
Kevin and Perry

Post by Johnno1234 »

Looks like CTC has been down for about 4 days now; it’s stuck on 04.30am on September 8th. Hopefully an easy fix!

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Johnno1234 wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 17:33 Looks like CTC has been down for about 4 days now; it’s stuck on 04.30am on September 8th. Hopefully an easy fix!
Sorry didn't notice this post. We fixed the CTC issue (was a WordPress update causing the issue) a couple of days ago (and thanks to the fiso member emailing fiso to alert us of the problem).

Johnno1234
Kevin and Perry

Post by Johnno1234 »

Is CTC down? There are only a handful of players getting any kind of figures, the vast majority are 0.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Probably best off using

http://fplstatistics.co.uk

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

Zinchenko, Haaland and Mitrovic rising were pretty much predicted on fplstats, but Kane dropping was a bit of a surprise. He was only on about 55% to a drop when I checked in the evening.

There must have been a lot of activity after the GW finished.

The Salmon
Cheetah

Post by The Salmon »

I use fplstatistics and its great, but one thing I thought was missing was a watchlist. Having to constantly filter for players I watch regularly was annoying. I had created a greasemonkey ages ago that did it for me but it was pretty crude. I noticed they added linking your team Id which is cool, so hopefully it can do it all in the future! For now I updated my script a good bit for this season to make it nicer so here since it does a bit more than what is currently available.

Here is the link https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/45035 ... -watchlist for anyone interested

I know with all the account nonsense people may be wary so I commented a good bit of the code to make it clearer as to what it does, and if you have any questions/improvements I can take a crack. It's a bit slower than I'd like due to how the data is done but works pretty well I feel.

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

Have we ascertained - or at least speculated - if price changes will be suspended during the World Cup break? Seeing as everyone will be able to make as any changes as they want, the market would be open to manipulation if they let price changes continue.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

snout wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 13:52 Have we ascertained - or at least speculated - if price changes will be suspended during the World Cup break? Seeing as everyone will be able to make as any changes as they want, the market would be open to manipulation if they let price changes continue.
This is covered in some recent discussion in the GW 16 transfers thread

Johnno1234
Kevin and Perry

Post by Johnno1234 »

CTC appears to be broken - it says it’s last update was on March 14th?

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Johnno1234 wrote: 11 Apr 2023, 21:31 CTC appears to be broken - it says it’s last update was on March 14th?
Thanks. I've asked Rob to check why this is. May be due to the server change.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

CTC updating again.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”