To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2021/22

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2021/22

Post by blahblah »

nemo7x wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 14:58
wonkypenguin wrote:I know, but I cheated and looked him up... won't spoil it for those wanting to play properly. :mrgreen:
danzku wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 21:12 Back in the pub after a healthy vacation from FPL.

Already trying to do some drafts but a lot will surely change before the start of the season. Hope Kane doesn't move to City. Would put City in a league of their own and make him an automatic fantasy pick.

Feeling generous. First one to recognize the player in my avatar will be rewarded with a pint. (no cheating allowed)
Cheers!
No way I can find out who he really is without looking him up. Surprised he is same age as me. Image
12?

😂😂😂

nemo7x
Treebeard

Post by nemo7x »

Malrom wrote:
nemo7x wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 04:01
danzku wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 21:12 Feeling generous. First one to recognize the player in my avatar will be rewarded with a pint. (no cheating allowed)
Cheers!
This player is a devil. :D
a red card devil?
I won't spoil further but remember my words Image

nemo7x
Treebeard

Post by nemo7x »

blahblah wrote:
wonkypenguin wrote:I know, but I cheated and looked him up... won't spoil it for those wanting to play properly. :mrgreen:
danzku wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 21:12 Back in the pub after a healthy vacation from FPL.

Already trying to do some drafts but a lot will surely change before the start of the season. Hope Kane doesn't move to City. Would put City in a league of their own and make him an automatic fantasy pick.

Feeling generous. First one to recognize the player in my avatar will be rewarded with a pint. (no cheating allowed)
Cheers!
No way I can find out who he really is without looking him up. Surprised he is same age as me. Image
12?

ImageImageImage
Hmmm yes, I'm very sorry I haven't been active enough here Image.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

nemo7x wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 15:04
blahblah wrote:

Cheers!
12?

ImageImageImage
Hmmm yes, I'm very sorry I haven't been active enough here Image.
It was such a good set up 😂😂😂😂

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Spurs announce the departure of a big-name attacking player…

Yes, Erik Lamela has left. The last of the “Bale-outs” class of 2013. Eight years, two rabonas and not sure how much else really. Anyway, the deal is a partial swap for Sevilla’s Bryan Gil, a 20-year-old Spanish winger in the Olympic squad.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Mo Bot wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 21:47
Stevieste wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 13:40 My friends son starting again for Burnley pre season.
Hoping to break into the first team this season,
Very good….can he get us some early team news on a regular basis?
I didn’t think of that haha and Burnley team never normally changes much to be fair

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 10:19
Stevieste wrote: My friends son starting again for Burnley pre season.
Never mind that. How do I go about getting your 50 cents this season? :lol:

Chris Wood among the goals again for NZ today. Presumably he had his break earlier in the summer? In which case he should be nicely ready to go when he gets back. :)
Not sure I’m going to run that again this season, I will make a decision in next week or so 😁

Kris_fiso
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kris_fiso »

Man United getting Sancho and Varane

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Kris_fiso wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 23:54 Man United getting Sancho and Varane
You don't say, first I've heard about it!

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Varane is a big, big gain for them. He's has top-class pedigree and is relatively quick as well, important alongside Maguire. AWB-Varane-Maguire-Shaw with Henderson behind is up there with the best PL defences in terms of personnel.

Only question is whether OGS uses that to allow a more attacking combination in midfield. He mainly used a double-6 last season (McTominay & Fred) but there's talk of a 4-3-3 with only the one holding midfielder this season. That might weaken United slightly in defensive terms (and would also appear to reduce Bruno's potential somewhat).

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Well we'd need to sign a proper DM because Fred or Scott aren't capable of doing that job on their own hence why Ole plays both of them.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: Well we'd need to sign a proper DM because Fred or Scott aren't capable of doing that job on their own hence why Ole plays both of them.
McTominay should have the defensive nous to do it, he has played CB often enough. Also he seems athletic enough. So why not him? Does he lack mobility maybe? Positionally suspect?

Clearly a midfield of Bruno-McTominay-Pogba/vdBeek would be a bit less solid anyway. But it seems like that's where OGS is going.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 11:42 Varane is a big, big gain for them. He's has top-class pedigree and is relatively quick as well, important alongside Maguire. AWB-Varane-Maguire-Shaw with Henderson behind is up there with the best PL defences in terms of personnel.

Only question is whether OGS uses that to allow a more attacking combination in midfield. He mainly used a double-6 last season (McTominay & Fred) but there's talk of a 4-3-3 with only the one holding midfielder this season. That might weaken United slightly in defensive terms (and would also appear to reduce Bruno's potential somewhat).
Apparently the lack of pace caused the 2 DM idea, which is why Varane is supposed to allow the 1 DM.....

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 13:25 Well we'd need to sign a proper DM because Fred or Scott aren't capable of doing that job on their own hence why Ole plays both of them.
Fred + McTominay = 0.5 Kante? ;)

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

danzku wrote:Back in the pub after a healthy vacation from FPL.

Cheers!
Ariel Ortega?

nemo7x
Treebeard

Post by nemo7x »

thebillfella wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 18:46
danzku wrote:Back in the pub after a healthy vacation from FPL.

Cheers!
Ariel Ortega?
No, not Ariel Ortega :D
Last edited by nemo7x on 28 Jul 2021, 07:55, edited 1 time in total.

nemo7x
Treebeard

Post by nemo7x »

blahblah wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 15:14 It was such a good set up 😂😂😂😂
I feel quite embarrassed while seeing my post counts versus others' here :( :( While your are such barons, Dumbledores and grumpy old men, knights, I am still a wideboy :? :? :?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

nemo7x wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 07:46

I feel quite embarrassed while seeing my post counts versus others' here :( :( While your are such barons, Dumbledores and grumpy old men, knights, I am still a wideboy :? :? :?
We will let you be an honorary "grumpy old man" to save your embarrassment :) so you can add that to your FS record in your profile.

nemo7x
Treebeard

Post by nemo7x »

Oxford NZ wrote:

We will let you be an honorary "grumpy old man" to save your embarrassment :) so you can add that to your FS record in your profile.
Oh, thanks for your kind words :D I am already feeling comfortable now.

Kris_fiso
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kris_fiso »

Varane is a good signing

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

nemo7x wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 23:13
Oxford NZ wrote:

Oh, thanks for your kind words :D I am already feeling comfortable now.
Just keep posting, you’re only about 98,000 behind Murf :wink:

I remember the days when someone getting to 5000 was a big deal…

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

There's just a week left to register for the FISO FPL H2H Leagues before we hit the first deadline. Those who played last season need to register by then to guarantee keeping their place.

New players (including those new to FISO) are also most welcome, so sign up here to play.

There are also many more excellent games to play in the FPL Sidegames forum here

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

United have their Saturday pre season game with Preston called off due to a covid outbreak at United!

What a load of shite, they only have one pre season game (v Everton next weekend) now before the season starts, players are all jabbed most likely just let them play ffs.

If this is still happening the season threatens to be a shambles with players missing and cancelled matches.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

It's the time of preseason that put's me in toss a coin mode.

Kris_fiso
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kris_fiso »

I cant believe the season starts in two weeks

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Kris_fiso wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 23:50 I cant believe the season starts in two weeks
I can’t believe your still here 😂

nemo7x
Treebeard

Post by nemo7x »

Gambit wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 20:45 United have their Saturday pre season game with Preston called off due to a covid outbreak at United!
What I am going to do with United assets now? :?: :?:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Gambit wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 20:45 United have their Saturday pre season game with Preston called off due to a covid outbreak at United!

What a load of shite, they only have one pre season game (v Everton next weekend) now before the season starts, players are all jabbed most likely just let them play ffs.

If this is still happening the season threatens to be a shambles with players missing and cancelled matches.
Well, the obvious point is that if they don’t isolate players/cancel matches then they will nearly all get ill and not be able to play anyway, as well as spreading it to opposing teams. Look at what happened with Newcastle last season, they had a couple of players out for a few months as a result.

We’ll just have to get used to postponements until this thing is pretty much history I think.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Brentford vs WHam is on BT tomorrow, which is the 1st Scouting Opportunity I've been aware of.....

Areola in goal would be helpful.

Kris_fiso
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kris_fiso »

Will City sign Grealish

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”