To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Back to ZERO

A Fantasy Football forum for news and comment on Virgin Media Fantasy Football
jezinho
Treebeard

Back to ZERO

Post by jezinho »

Don't forget points are reset and the game begins for real this coming Saturday

"All points will be reset to zero at 17.00 (UK time) on Friday 28th August.

Scoring will then start from the matches played on 29th August 2009 through to the matches played on 15th May 2010."

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man
Location: But Gerrard effed it up,again!! Gerrard effed it up, again!!!

Re: Back to ZERO

Post by Giggs11 »

I can't make any transfers. :?

Is anyone else having problems with this?

pottster
Dumbledore
FS Record: Regularly finishing in the top 100

Post by pottster »

Their website is not the best :x

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018

Post by Spencer4 »

pottster wrote:Their website is not the best :x
But considering how bad all the others are this year, it's somewhere near average :D

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

To be honest, last night I was impressed with how the speed had improved for me. And I was on my slowish old wireless laptop.

pottster
Dumbledore
FS Record: Regularly finishing in the top 100

Post by pottster »

Jonathan wrote:To be honest, last night I was impressed with how the speed had improved for me. And I was on my slowish old wireless laptop.

wow - I was on superfast broadband and it was straining like a constipated whippet!

Are you sure that really happened for you :lol:

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Giggs11 »

Not happy :x

I was unable to make any changes to my team on Friday night and as I was already slightly pished I decided to leave it and do them on Saturday morning. As I mentioned in my post above, when I logged in Saturday morning, the transfer page on the web-site would not load completely, leaving me effed.

I had outlined a team earlier in the week and had transferred Cech in to replace my previous weeks 'keeper, but I had not nominated him as my captain (or anyone else) as I intended to tinker with the team before the start of this gameweek. After reading admins useful blogs on this game, I had planned on making my 'keeper captain.

I can live with the team that I ended up with but it did not have a nominated captain and therefore I have lost out on 10 points. :x

What do you think, is it worth e-mailing them?

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

pottster wrote:
Jonathan wrote:To be honest, last night I was impressed with how the speed had improved for me. And I was on my slowish old wireless laptop.

wow - I was on superfast broadband and it was straining like a constipated whippet!

Are you sure that really happened for you :lol:
It has been fine for me since I started looking at my squad again after points reset.
Giggs11 wrote:Not happy :x

I was unable to make any changes to my team on Friday night and as I was already slightly pished I decided to leave it and do them on Saturday morning. As I mentioned in my post above, when I logged in Saturday morning, the transfer page on the web-site would not load completely, leaving me effed.

I had outlined a team earlier in the week and had transferred Cech in to replace my previous weeks 'keeper, but I had not nominated him as my captain (or anyone else) as I intended to tinker with the team before the start of this gameweek. After reading admins useful blogs on this game, I had planned on making my 'keeper captain.

I can live with the team that I ended up with but it did not have a nominated captain and therefore I have lost out on 10 points. :x

What do you think, is it worth e-mailing them?
I would have emailed them my intended squad before the deadline to make doubly sure - or at least as soon as I realised I couldn't make the changes I wanted. I am not doubting what you are saying is true, but after the event I am afraid anyone could say what you are saying. At least if they had received some kind of dated notification from you before any games kicked off they could have acted in your favour.

golden bear
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 9 Ball Champ, Incidental and murfs Knockout Cups Winner

Post by golden bear »

Stuuuuupid game.

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Giggs11 »

I've not had any problems with the site previously,or since, that's the most irritating thing.

True enough, Jonathan. Cheers for replying.
I've checked since, if you transfer your previous weeks captain out of your team, the captain tick is obviously removed so you must nominate someone else. I failed to do so and was then unable to.

Live and learn

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

Giggs11 wrote:I've not had any problems with the site previously,or since, that's the most irritating thing.

I've checked since, if you transfer your previous weeks captain out of your team, the captain tick is obviously removed so you must nominate someone else. I failed to do so and was then unable to.

Live and learn
Early days, though! More thought is needed in this game regarding captains anyway I reckon. I don't think it's a stupid game. Just a bit different and they do seem to have sorted out the speed issues to some degree.

Kdub
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: £15K profit from OFL, Fantasy League Classic 08/09 Champion, Champions League 06/07 Overall Winner, EURO2008 Phase Two Winner, 9 time OFL Manager of the Week

Post by Kdub »

Jonathan wrote:
Giggs11 wrote:I've not had any problems with the site previously,or since, that's the most irritating thing.

Live and learn
Early days, though! More thought is needed in this game regarding captains anyway I reckon. I don't think it's a stupid game. Just a bit different and they do seem to have sorted out the speed issues to some degree.
marathon jon... that's quite a lot of posts you got there. a fiso veteran you are...

golden bear
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 9 Ball Champ, Incidental and murfs Knockout Cups Winner

Post by golden bear »

Let me expand on my earlier comment. I made a transfer in week two and changed my team around, no problem (apart from the woman in the video rattling on everytime the screen was refreshed. I week 3 however, I when to change my team around and somehow transferred a player out (didn't want it just happened while i was following the same routine as the week before). No problem, just transfer another in. No, it wouldn't let me. Or change my captain. Or make any changes at all.

Have tried on a couple of occasions since but no joy. It's had its chance and I feel fully justified in branding it a stuuuuupid game.

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Giggs11 »

Can't say I blame you.

That is exactly what happened to me.
I could navigate around the site but it just wouldn't let me change anything.

Did you not read the post about getting rid of the videos then Bear?
Bit late now, but if you use firefox and add-on Adblock you can get rid of them easily. :D

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

Kdub wrote:marathon jon... that's quite a lot of posts you got there. a fiso veteran you are...
It's about the only thing I am good at regarding fantasy sports, Kdub. Making lots of mostly pointless FISO forum posts.
golden bear wrote:Let me expand on my earlier comment. I made a transfer in week two and changed my team around, no problem (apart from the woman in the video rattling on everytime the screen was refreshed. I week 3 however, I when to change my team around and somehow transferred a player out (didn't want it just happened while i was following the same routine as the week before). No problem, just transfer another in. No, it wouldn't let me. Or change my captain. Or make any changes at all.

Have tried on a couple of occasions since but no joy. It's had its chance and I feel fully justified in branding it a stuuuuupid game.
Sorry to hear you have had those kinds of problems, bear. I can see why you would think it is stupid in that case. Can't say I have had any problems of that nature, but still time I am sure!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Virgin Media Fantasy Football”