To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Virgin Media Euro Football

A Fantasy Football forum for news and comment on Virgin Media Fantasy Football
Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

Post by Flyman »

Word to the wise: rklrkl64 has mentioned in the Metro thread that that game's free transfer deadline ends TODAY at 5pm, UK time.

It's the same for this game! :shock:

Good luck, all! :P

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

billwilliams wrote:
grob wrote:
thespecialone wrote:up to 30 teams now :) not as good as virgin media.theyve got 651 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
eh ? :? what's this I've entered then ?
Your in the virgin media game FISO league

They are a virgin media minileague, in the virgin game....
thanks bill,I thought I must have entered the wrong comp.
As to the isssue of Virgin staff running off with the prizes,you wouldn't expect so many of them to be so keen to win a Virgin T-shirt would you ?

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Flyman wrote:Word to the wise: rklrkl64 has mentioned in the Metro thread that that game's free transfer deadline ends TODAY at 5pm, UK time.

It's the same for this game! :shock:
the wise all knew that, Flyman - where have you been lately ? :wink:

Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

Post by Flyman »

Largely on the other end of a paint brush. :(

billwilliams
Treebeard

Post by billwilliams »

grob wrote:
billwilliams wrote:
grob wrote:
thespecialone wrote:up to 30 teams now :) not as good as virgin media.theyve got 651 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
eh ? :? what's this I've entered then ?
Your in the virgin media game FISO league

They are a virgin media minileague, in the virgin game....
thanks bill,I thought I must have entered the wrong comp.
As to the isssue of Virgin staff running off with the prizes,you wouldn't expect so many of them to be so keen to win a Virgin T-shirt would you ?
lol, fair point :lol:

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

Prize Lost In The Post has ben submitted!

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

latest teams accepted

melvin
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of Ladbrokes competition 08, TFFO cup winner 2007-08

Post by melvin »

just applied to join.

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving season on season

virgin fisoers

Post by PNE4PREM »

League updated, TSO where I expected him to be with that team first !! and Virgin Fisoers 3rd..not too bad a start chaps. :lol: :lol:

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

cheers.not sure if that will prove a good tactic or not.2 more teams accepted :)

billwilliams
Treebeard

Post by billwilliams »

thespecialone wrote:cheers.not sure if that will prove a good tactic or not.2 more teams accepted :)
Nice selection mate 8-)

Wish i'd have done that :x

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

transfers not working - been trying for half hour now,but every time I click on player to remove,then click on player to replace him with,wait a while only to be told that "there's been an error,plse wait 60 secs and try again - always the same result.

Instead of the player I chose to remove,details of 2 other players appear,whom I neither have in my present team,nor want to include ! :evil:

Giving up,as I want to go out,and expect it will get worse between now and 5pm

The Summer will soon be gone at this rate !

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 6th AOL comp 2009/10 season; Winner of SportsKnockout Pro League, 15th William Hill 2010/11, 2nd Sun Dream Team weekly Dec 2014, 3rd Tennis for Free Champions League 2015

Post by scopsm »

grob wrote:transfers not working - been trying for half hour now,but every time I click on player to remove,then click on player to replace him with,wait a while only to be told that "there's been an error,plse wait 60 secs and try again - always the same result.

Instead of the player I chose to remove,details of 2 other players appear,whom I neither have in my present team,nor want to include ! :evil:

Giving up,as I want to go out,and expect it will get worse between now and 5pm

The Summer will soon be gone at this rate !
I've got the same problem with my final transfer at moment.
:twisted:

Pincher
Grumpy Old Crab
FS Record: Allys Tartan Army

Post by Pincher »

scopsm wrote: I've got the same problem with my final transfer at moment.
I think that may be a Podolski issue - I managed to get Gomez in after trying Podolski 8 times on Metro! :lol: :evil:

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 6th AOL comp 2009/10 season; Winner of SportsKnockout Pro League, 15th William Hill 2010/11, 2nd Sun Dream Team weekly Dec 2014, 3rd Tennis for Free Champions League 2015

Post by scopsm »

Pincher wrote:
scopsm wrote: I've got the same problem with my final transfer at moment.
I think that may be a Podolski issue - I managed to get Gomez in after trying Podolski 8 times on Metro! :lol: :evil:
After 30 minutes, finally managed to bring Lahm in, he better be worth it, that's all I can say.

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

Is anyone else having trouble entering the FISO minileague? When I click on My Mini-League it comes up with one option, but it' seems to be random. :? There are also no leagues viewable from the league of leagues link. Is this just a carry over from the Metro league issue I wonder?

mikeg13
FISO Knight

Post by mikeg13 »

I seem to have moved leagues, been a total disaster it seems for SM.
Have pretty much given up on playing them now.

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

Can someone post the numerical code that appears at the end of the link when you click on the mini-league? I'm still getting weird, random leagues instead of ours.

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

number

Post by PNE4PREM »

2709 hope thats what you are after.....Still on for the league of league title do you reckon..not updated for a while though...

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

updates

Post by PNE4PREM »

Is it me of does this site not get updated daily...?

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Re: number

Post by DrBunker »

278494ws wrote:2709 hope thats what you are after.....Still on for the league of league title do you reckon..not updated for a while though...
Thanks but it's not much use b/c as you say the league scores haven't been updated :roll:. I thought this game had managed to survive the chaos of the last week!

We might be ok but I'd doubt it b/c there are too many in our league who seem to have given up whereas the league above us look more competitive. Oh well, the FISO name will still be somewhere near the top :).

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

update

Post by PNE4PREM »

Yes bang goes the tee-shirt..Ah well at least i received an email from Ole Ole .com last week for finishing in the top 10 in last seasons comp get a free Premier shirt of my choice what a shame PNR aren't in the Premier.....yet..... 8-)

grob
Dumbledore

Re: number

Post by grob »

DrBunker wrote:
278494ws wrote:2709 hope thats what you are after.....Still on for the league of league title do you reckon..not updated for a while though...
Thanks but it's not much use b/c as you say the league scores haven't been updated :roll:. I thought this game had managed to survive the chaos of the last week!

We might be ok but I'd doubt it b/c there are too many in our league who seem to have given up whereas the league above us look more competitive. Oh well, the FISO name will still be somewhere near the top :).
If the deadline for entering teams into m/l's has not yet been passed,I presume that you won't admit any more unless their score is well above our present average ?

Otherwise,to ensure our league members don't each win a T-shirt,but their members do, it would presumably be possible for other leagues to arrange for people with low scores to join our league,to lower our average score.

It would not be the first time such tactics have been applied !

The other point is that whilst people can still join m/l's,if ours seems to have a good chance of winning,some people with low scores might decide they may as well join our m/l and collect a free T-shirt,for doing nothing, as their low score would not rob us of the prize,when averaged out.

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

tables

Post by PNE4PREM »

Well thought out Grob, i'd never thought of late entries and their impact(s) on the table(s).....I would have thought by now there would be a cut off date for entries into leagues.. We'll just have to wait n see..I reckon the last time these tables were updated was over 2 days ago...

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

I've just remembered that whilst DrB is controlling admissions to the Metro m/l,it's TSO who's the gatekeeper of the Virgin m/l.

I'll check the deadline for new entrants to our m/l first,then PM TSO if it's still open,to alert him.

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

virgin

Post by PNE4PREM »

Sounds good to me..Thanks

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

grob wrote:I've just remembered that whilst DrB is controlling admissions to the Metro m/l,it's TSO who's the gatekeeper of the Virgin m/l.

I'll check the deadline for new entrants to our m/l first,then PM TSO if it's still open,to alert him.
I noticed this but thought I'd let it run ;).

I've added some of the remaining teams to the Metro league but I did leave a couple out who weren't at least as good as the lower teams in the league...

I don't know whether they'll get added but we'll see. From a mercenary perspective (I really want that t-shirt ;)) I wish there was an option to remove teams like there is in the Tele game :twisted:.

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

virgin

Post by PNE4PREM »

So the only way round it is to update this site with a message to all entrants to maintain their focus on the euros and update their teams accortingly as that there is a Tee Shirt at stake and its life or death to some !!!

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

well,it seems we're in 2nd place at present,and only 2pts behind the leader, even though we've got 36 members,compared to their 11.
The last update is always timed at whatever the time is when you look at it,which isn't very helpful !

Although today is the last day a new m/l can be created to be eligible for the "League of Leagues",there doesn't appear to be any deadline for new teams joining a m/l - guess SM didn't think about that. Maybe they will later.

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PNE4PREM »

Fine..I'll update here when the tables are updated..It may be a week or so :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Virgin Media Fantasy Football”