To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Virgin Media Euro Football

A Fantasy Football forum for news and comment on Virgin Media Fantasy Football
DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Re: Virgin Euro Football

Post by DrBunker »

278494ws wrote:Ok i'll tak e a look at their teams prior and post the semis ..keep tabs on them...
I don't disagree that we need to keep tabs on them. It's annoying that, b/c the prizes are pretty much non-existent, we didn't keep a note of who had joined. I think it's possible for TSO to select an option to show full names which might make it easier to identify them so we can PM them. I'm not sure that they'd remember that they had Virgin teams no matter where we started a thread.

Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

Post by Flyman »

I'm pretty near the bottom, but that's because I'm crap, not because I'm not trying. :oops:

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving season on season

Post by PNE4PREM »

ok Pm'd TSO..Let you know the outcome...

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

DrBunker wrote:
278494ws wrote:Ok i'll tak e a look at their teams prior and post the semis ..keep tabs on them...
I don't disagree that we need to keep tabs on them. It's annoying that, b/c the prizes are pretty much non-existent, we didn't keep a note of who had joined. I think it's possible for TSO to select an option to show full names which might make it easier to identify them so we can PM them. I'm not sure that they'd remember that they had Virgin teams no matter where we started a thread.
It seems to me that Worthy's Originals is a genuine team, somewhat down on it's luck, but still trying - he's used 1 of his newly allocated 5 transfers already this morning.

There's something odd about that 0 score for the week though,as if you look at the team sheet,it shows 45 pts from the 4 Spanish players (Marchena 4,Fab 19,Torres 14, Villa 8)

Several players with minus scores have been sold recently,including Schweinstiger's -9(sent off) VDS -4,Ricardo -6 and Iniesta -1,but that should still leave a positive score for the week,so I wonder if that 0 is wrong ?

I haven't time to do a detailed check,and nor should any of us have to, as this is something Worthy Original's manager should be doing and posting an explanation here.

This highlights the need for more discipline in future when setting up such minileagues.

I don't think it matters much when the prizes are not so great as in this instance,that the joining password etc is shown at the start of the thread,to save everyone time,but it does later on,to prevent possible sabotage attempts if we have a good chance of winning.

After I PM'd TSO recently,he removed the joining details,but forgot to insert a note advising people to PM him if they wanted to join,together with their team score & position,so he could decide if they were genuine and would improve the overall average score by joining.

What I think is essential is that before being admitted to a m/l, all applicants should post their team name at least in the relevant thread.

That at least means that we can PM them if they don't post subsequently,to draw their attention if queries arise,even though,as DrB said,TSO should have the actual name of the individual,I don't think that will necessarily show his Fiso user name.

Judging by his/her's active team management,it's probably the case that Worthy's Original Manager is reading this,and I do appeal to him/her to post their views on the position.

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Haven't we all got 0 for this GW, given that it's the start of the last round?

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Haven't we all got 0 for this GW, given that it's the start of the last round?

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

Flyman wrote:Haven't we all got 0 for this GW, given that it's the start of the last round?
We do now but looking at the league page (http://fantasyeuro08.virginmedia.com/le ... in&id=2709" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) it's clear that there is a problem with the Worthys team.

(I only replied to one of your messages, I hope that's ok? ;))

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

It's the same with this team as well (http://fantasyeuro08.virginmedia.com/te ... id=3012237" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Unless they cocked the timing of the transfers up, they should have plenty more points than they do...

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Ah! Yes, I see know. :)
Take a look at his recent transfers - poor b*gger had a load of -ves from Portugal, Holland, even a -1 from a Turk.
Jeez! Have a look at how Germany punished him earlier! :shock:

I reckon it's minus points + low scores and that 0 is right. :(

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PNE4PREM »

Just been through ' Any Old irons' teams, obviously they all have 5 transfers left and 95% have a 50/ 50 split between spain and Germany...Not many russian players at all.....By the way i'm looking into Worthy Originals team pts..keep you posted

uncle onion
FISOhead
FS Record: nothing of note

Post by uncle onion »

Idea - you gonna sign up to Virgin minileague?

GM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by GM »

uncle onion wrote:Idea - you gonna sign up to Virgin minileague?

Do you mean start a new mini league
:?:

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

what,to compete with the existing one do you mean ?

quite apart from the principle involved,any new minileague wouldn't be eligible to compete for those much prized t-shirts anyway,as the deadline was 16th June.

there's a Fisoer called Idea - but I don't think he's posted here has he ?

there's another guy,a newbie, who's started a thread seeking a place in one of Fiso's high flying Ladbroke's minileagues - maybe he's got the same team entered in the Virgin comp,but hasn't yet realised there's a Fiso m/l ?
Last edited by grob on 23 Jun 2008, 19:11, edited 1 time in total.

GM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by GM »

grob wrote:what,to compete with the existing one do you mean ?

quite apart from the principle involved,any new minileague wouldn't be eligible to compete for those much prized t-shirts anyway,as the deadline was 16th June.

Didn't think of the member Idea, I am sure hes in one of the Laddis Leagues, I was going to point out the 16th of Jun to U Onion

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

GM wrote:

Didn't think of the member Idea, I am sure hes in one of the Laddis Leagues, I was going to point out the 16th of Jun to U Onion
it's still OK,apparently,for people to join existing leagues that were established with the minimum number of members(10) by the 16th June,so anyone out there with a team in the Virgin comp who's doing well but isn't in our league should apply to join immediately !

uncle onion
FISOhead

Post by uncle onion »

grob wrote:
GM wrote:

it's still OK,apparently,for people to join existing leagues that were established with the minimum number of members(10) by the 16th June,so anyone out there with a team in the Virgin comp who's doing well but isn't in our league should apply to join immediately !
Exactly, hence my call to Idea who is riding high in the Virgin competition, but isn't in our League. TSO, give him a nudge if you get a second with the joining details.. :wink:

melvin
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of Ladbrokes competition 08, TFFO cup winner 2007-08

Post by melvin »

Contacted silent manager regarding this as someone asked me to join his Ladbrokes league, apparently any members that join after 16th June can still join the league but their scores will not count for the final average.

Interesting to see if this actually happens though.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

melvin wrote:Contacted silent manager regarding this as someone asked me to join his Ladbrokes league, apparently any members that join after 16th June can still join the league but their scores will not count for the final average.

I'm sure the rules applying to the Ladbroke comp(which I'm not in) will be identical to those of the Virgin comp(and Metro)and I wonder if whoever at SM replied to your query is familiar with their own rules ?

It states in the Virgin rules anyway,that whilst minileagues CAN be established after 16th June,those that do so won't be eligible to win prizes.

It doesn't say anything about new members joining eligible minileagues after 16th June not having their scores counted for the league table,and I suspect that the person who replied to you was confusing the 2 issues.

GM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by GM »

melvin wrote:Contacted silent manager regarding this as someone asked me to join his Ladbrokes league, apparently any members that join after 16th June can still join the league but their scores will not count for the final average.

From the rules

"The 'League of Leagues' competition can only be entered by Mini-Leagues who qualify with the minimum number of 10 teams. You may register your mini-league up until 16th June at 23.59 (UK time), which is day 10 of the competition. Any Mini-Leagues entered after this date, or do not have the minimum required number of teams will not qualify for entry into the 'League of Leagues'."

From Terms & Con

"5.7 Duplicate mini-leagues entered into the League of Leagues will be removed without question. Duplicate mini-leagues constitute 4 or more members (game players) of the original mini-league in an additional mini-league to that one".

I suppose its to avoid, the top teams joining together, plus you have to find 7 non Main FISO League players.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

That's what I said,GM

There's nothing there to prevent Idea or anyone else who's doing well in the Virgin competition, from joining our league,(with their score counting towards our average) if they don't belong to any other Virgin minileagues.

kcboing
Treebeard

Post by kcboing »

I have a team on 255 points (120th) so this would improve the average. How do i join?

idea
Treebeard

Post by idea »

I have been nudged by Grob and I am happy to join, I currently don't have the mini-league details, but will join when i get them. Not sure I know or want a Cult Zero T-shirt but am happy to help.

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PNE4PREM »

idea wrote:I have been nudged by Grob and I am happy to join, I currently don't have the mini-league details, but will join when i get them. Not sure I know or want a Cult Zero T-shirt but am happy to help.
Reckon you need to pm TSO..

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

I've PM'd TSO re both Idea and KCBoing, so unless he's on holiday(unlikely during Euro08 !)they should hear from him soon

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

idea wrote:I have been nudged by Grob and I am happy to join, I currently don't have the mini-league details, but will join when i get them. Not sure I know or want a Cult Zero T-shirt but am happy to help.
no,but think of the prestige,man !
go down the beach wearing one of those,and the girls will come running,thinking you must be a celebrity :wink:

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

more likely girls will GO running :lol:

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore
FS Record: 11/12 Sun WDT Top 100 ~ 2012 BDO Darts FISO League Champion ~ 2011 Yorkshire Post Golf Weekly Winner ~ 10/11 TFF Wk 8 Winner ~ TFF FISO Block Party Cup Winner ~ Daily Mail 61st

Post by Chuck Taylor »

After these dodgy tactics of recruiting 'above average team score' teams into the league (mine included) to up our average and I know the rules do not state that you cannot do this so were within our rights to do it, I can see virgin getting the hump and causing some kind of problems for us getting our t shirts, bet any old irons are fuming watching our team member numbers going up aswell as our average score! Surely they have googled 'fiso' if they hadn't heard of it before and found this thread so here's my message to them and rotterdam....

No prizes for second place guys!

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

Chuck Taylor wrote:After these dodgy tactics of recruiting 'above average team score' teams into the league (mine included) to up our average and I know the rules do not state that you cannot do this so were within our rights to do it, I can see virgin getting the hump and causing some kind of problems for us getting our t shirts, bet any old irons are fuming watching our team member numbers going up aswell as our average score! Surely they have googled 'fiso' if they hadn't heard of it before and found this thread so here's my message to them and rotterdam....

They could always sign up for next year. We'll win either way and if they join us they'll get to share the winnings ;).

uncle onion
FISOhead

Post by uncle onion »

Chuck Taylor wrote:After these dodgy tactics of recruiting 'above average team score' teams into the league (mine included) to up our average and I know the rules do not state that you cannot do this so were within our rights to do it, I can see virgin getting the hump and causing some kind of problems for us getting our t shirts, bet any old irons are fuming watching our team member numbers going up aswell as our average score! Surely they have googled 'fiso' if they hadn't heard of it before and found this thread so here's my message to them and rotterdam....

Or they could get their own back by getting the password from TSO and then entering a couple of duds. Vet all late entrants carefully TSO
:twisted: :twisted:

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

I don't think there's anything "dodgy" whatsoever about inviting existing Fiso members who've been in this Virgin game from the outset,to join the Fiso league, which they'd not realised existed.

You need a minimum of 10 teams for a league to be eligible for the "League of Leagues" competition,and guess what,most of the other leagues have around that many members, whereas our league of about 40 has been open to anyone to join, regardless of their score, despite the average score of the entire league membership,not just the top 5 or 10 teams, being the criteria for awarding prizes.

Also, despite our league having been formed at the start of the competition,whereas many of those we're competing against, waited to select their members with the highest scores by the June 16th deadline for new leagues to enter in time to qualify,we're still up there with approx 40 members battling against the odds - a remarkable achievement in itself, whether or not we manage to win,I think.

You can bet your life that many of the other minileagues will be trying to recruit new members with decent scores,to boost their average,and there is likely to be considerable duplication of league membership in some rival leagues,all within the rules,as a team can join up to 10 minileagues, whereas I don't think that applies to any of our members.

We haven't advertised for new members for our league,just drawn the attention of it's existence to another Fisoer, idea, at Uncle Onion's suggestion,as yourself Chuck, and kcboing, both found your own way here.

We do need to keep an eye on any late applicants now however,as Uncle Onion suggested, as these competitions are notorious for attracting saboteurs from competing leagues, seeking to bring down a rival league's average score.

I felt it important to set the record straight,as quite unintentionally,Chuck may otherwise have jeopardised our chances of winning a precious T-shirt each, for as he's pointed out, Silent Manager,Virgin, and rival minileagues are able to read everything said here,with it being an open public forum,and we have absolutely nothing to hide.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Virgin Media Fantasy Football”