To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Team and Mini-League Disqualifications - Virgin Media

A Fantasy Football forum for news and comment on Virgin Media Fantasy Football
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Team and Mini-League Disqualifications - Virgin Media

Post by admin »

Virgin Media Fantasy Football - http://fantasyfootball.virginmedia.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To repeat what I have already mentioned on the following thread:
viewtopic.php?t=42012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FISO has learnt that the leading Mini-League (Liverpool Supporters Club), and all the teams within it, have been disqualified from the competition by Virgin Media.

So no individual/overall prizes (1st place of £10,000) will be awarded to those teams. There was no mini-league prize.

I assume that Virgin Media decided that not only were the teams within the mini-league being managed by one person* but they were also then breaking the 'one team per entrant' rule**.

This is clearly a lesson/warning to anyone attempting to get round the one entry per person rule in order to gain an advantage over fellow competitors.

* Mini-Leagues where one user manages all of the teams in that one mini-league will NOT be eligible to win prizes as this is considered unsporting conduct.

** Anybody found, or believed to have entered more than one team will be disqualified and will not be eligible to win prizes.

League : Liverpool Supporters Club (16 teams)

Pos. Team Mn. Pts.
Last Updated: 13/05/2008 09:21:51
1 REJOYCE 110 1711
3 Samba is a God 106 1676
4 Wardsters Divorce 89 1674
5 Phils Ferocious Fearfuls 102 1643
6 Hindle Haven 81 1637
7 On a Suestring 105 1635
8 In Sven We Trust 74 1617
9 Operation Oldham 104 1609
12 Dibbsters Devestation 91 1598
14 TAYO 74 1595
15 Zeneths Zone 91 1594
16 Alberts Boys 108 1589
18 Sign Karl Fletcher oi oi 96 1587
27 Trevors Contenders 85 1555
57 Loggys Way 98 1494
116 Sammys Selection 81 1457

League of leagues

Pos. League Pts. #.
Last Updated: 13/05/2008 09:20:39
1 Liverpool Supporters Club 1604 16
2 Rotterdam 1399 11
3 The Jews 1336 12
4 Ham Egg & Chips 1325 11
5 40 BELLIES LEAGUE 1302 19

Top 20 teams - Overall ranking
Pos. Team Mn. Pts.
Last Updated: 13/05/2008 09:22:44
1 REJOYCE 110 1711
2 The Usual Suspects 113 1677
3 Samba is a God 106 1676
4 Wardsters Divorce 89 1674
5 Phils Ferocious Fearfuls 102 1643
6 Hindle Haven 81 1637
7 On a Suestring 105 1635
8 In Sven We Trust 74 1617
9 Operation Oldham 104 1609

10 Breezil 97 1602
11 Forever England 78 1600
12 Dibbsters Devestation 91 1598
13 Whose the Daddy 3 90 1597
14 TAYO 74 1595
15 Zeneths Zone 91 1594
16 Alberts Boys 108 1589

17 Jows Jokers 94 1589
18 Sign Karl Fletcher oi oi 96 1587
19 Padarn Utd 88 1586
20 wobblytickle 103 1581

Dannymanic
Wideboy

Re: Team and Mini-League Disqualifications - Virgin Media

Post by Dannymanic »

Has anyone heard anything from someone from Silentmanager or Virgin Media about any prizes they should be due after the disqualifications? I can't believe it's been over a month & a half since the end of the premiership competition and I still haven't heard anything confirming that I have won the main prize even though I have sent various emails to Silentmanager in the meantime. I even asked SM for a contact email address for someone at Virgin Media who dealt with the premiership comp so I could chase them up but I heard nothing back from SM! :evil:

I'm going on holiday for a week and a half and by that time it would have been about 2 months since the competition ended. I very much doubt that I will get back to England, check my emails, and then find an email from SM or Virgin Media confirming that I will actually get my prize. Miracles may happen though! :(

postie
Treebeard

Post by postie »

Dannymanic wrote:Has anyone heard anything from someone from Silentmanager or Virgin Media about any prizes they should be due after the disqualifications? I can't believe it's been over a month & a half since the end of the premiership competition and I still haven't heard anything confirming that I have won the main prize even though I have sent various emails to Silentmanager in the meantime. I even asked SM for a contact email address for someone at Virgin Media who dealt with the premiership comp so I could chase them up but I heard nothing back from SM! :evil:

I'm going on holiday for a week and a half and by that time it would have been about 2 months since the competition ended. I very much doubt that I will get back to England, check my emails, and then find an email from SM or Virgin Media confirming that I will actually get my prize. Miracles may happen though! :(
No news for me either, I think it's a very poor reflection on Virgin Media treating customers like this, but lets hope we here something soon, it must be a whole lot worse for you considering that you are waiting for £10,000!

postie
Treebeard

Post by postie »

I have finally received a reply from SM, and they have confirmed that there is a legal investigation into certain teams in the top 20, and winners can't be announced until the investigation is finished, but they hope to conclude this very soon.

foreverengland
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st Fantasy Race to Dubai 2013, 3rd OFL 2012/13, 1st Yorkshire Post Golf 2010, 1st NGC Summer Golf 2010, 1st Mercedes-Benz World Cup 2010, 1st OFL Champs Lge 09/10.

Post by foreverengland »

Pleased to hear that someone has heard something - it wouldn't have taken SM much to respond to all of us who have been enquiring rather than continually ignoring us - but hey ho, did I really expect anything else! :roll:

I guess all we can do is keep on at them until we get a resolution or concrete dates from them. That said, if the Metro one is resolved (I presume it has now that the FISO ML chairman has received the cheque, or at least some of it) surely this one must follow shortly - but who knows, with SM involved anything could happen. :cry:

It sounds like this could take some time.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

The matter may be out of SM's hands. If the individual(s)disqualified are mounting a legal challenge,it would surely be against VirginMedia,not SM, which could explain SM's apparent tardiness in replying to enquiries,as they don't yet know.

The Metro and VirginMedia are unlikely to have the same lawyers,I would have thought.

foreverengland
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st Fantasy Race to Dubai 2013, 3rd OFL 2012/13, 1st Yorkshire Post Golf 2010, 1st NGC Summer Golf 2010, 1st Mercedes-Benz World Cup 2010, 1st OFL Champs Lge 09/10.

Post by foreverengland »

grob wrote:The matter may be out of SM's hands. If the individual(s)disqualified are mounting a legal challenge,it would surely be against VirginMedia,not SM, which could explain SM's apparent tardiness in replying to enquiries,as they don't yet know.
I'm not sure I agree with you there.

My guess is that the lawsuit does very much involve SM - if it is they who have disqualified the teams (and it is) this is nothing to do with Virgin Media - it is afterall SM's terms and conditions which state a maximum of 1 entry per player:

5.2 All users can play the Game for FREE. Anybody found, or believed to have entered more than one team will be disqualified and will not be eligible to win prizes. You may enter into as many as 10 mini -leagues per game.

As Virgin have nothing to do with the running of the comp, surely their only duty is to stump up the prize to the person deemed the winner by SM. I know if I were at Virgin and was roped into this mess & challenged with legal action I'd point the finger firmly at SM and tell them to sort it out.

P.S. 'Tardiness' I could handle, taking 8 weeks and still not replying to any of my 10 e-mails I can't. :wink:

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

foreverengland wrote:
grob wrote:The matter may be out of SM's hands. If the individual(s)disqualified are mounting a legal challenge,it would surely be against VirginMedia,not SM, which could explain SM's apparent tardiness in replying to enquiries,as they don't yet know.
I'm not sure I agree with you there.

My guess is that the lawsuit does very much involve SM - if it is they who have disqualified the teams (and it is) this is nothing to do with Virgin Media - it is afterall SM's terms and conditions which state a maximum of 1 entry per player:

5.2 All users can play the Game for FREE. Anybody found, or believed to have entered more than one team will be disqualified and will not be eligible to win prizes. You may enter into as many as 10 mini -leagues per game.

As Virgin have nothing to do with the running of the comp, surely their only duty is to stump up the prize to the person deemed the winner by SM. I know if I were at Virgin and was roped into this mess & challenged with legal action I'd point the finger firmly at SM and tell them to sort it out.
The competition belongs to VM and not SM (even though SM run the game for VM). As has been pointed out a number of times, SM is not the promoter of the game. It is down to VM to ultimately decide who the winner is.

I suspect the delays are down to VM's legal team who have not yet decided who the winner should be but it sounds like a decision from them is expected soon. SM can't do anything more than keep chasing VM for a decision.

foreverengland
Grumpy Old Man

Post by foreverengland »

I fully understand that VM is the game promoter and SM the game operator, but surely this in itself implies that it is SM's decision who wins the game and not VM - VM's decision lies only in when & how to pay out the prize:

5.11 Any users that the company feels are not conducting themselves within the game with Good Sporting Conduct will be removed from the game. Company's decision is final and the Company will not enter into any discussion about teams that are disqualified.

A closer look at the rules reveals that VM have actually done nothing wrong - there is nothing in the T&C's to state they have to pay out the prize within any specific timeframe, just that there is an aim to finalise everything within 3 months:

5.26 Winners agree that neither the Company or Promoters nor their employees shall have any liability in connection with the acceptance or use of any of the prizes. All prizes are fulfilled by the promoter and are not the responsibility of the Company. Non-fulfillment of the prizes must be taken up with the promoter. Whilst the company will endeavor to ensure that all prizes are fulfilled within 3 months of the game completion, the Company cannot be held responsible for the non-fulfillment of prizes.

I am pretty sure that any legal action involves all three parties, the claimant and both VM & SM. The multi-entrant 'winner' will be taking things up with VM (as non-fulfillment of prizes is not down to SM) whilst VM will be taking things up with SM (as it is they who decided to disqualify teams, not VM). If SM are adamant that VM should pay out to who they tell them (i.e. the non-disqualified teams) it's a pretty poor showing that VM are stalling on this. The problem seems to stem from the fact that the disqaualifications took place at the competition end and only after someone on the ball from these forums had the nous to do SM's job for them.

Regardless of who's being legally challenged by whom, what is for certain is that postie, dannymanic, myself & possibly others on FISO are totally innocent of any rule breaking and are awaiting prizes we are righfully owed. I really do hope this matter is resolved 'soon' as SM told postie, but I very much doubt it (I smell another African Nations debacle 2008).

I'll be honest, if someone from SM had the decency to respond to any of my e-mails and let me know the state of play I wouldn't be half as wound up with them as I currently am. I'm only actually waiting for an X-Box & 'Boro strip (the shame of it!) so it's not like I have anything life changing I'm waiting for, it's more a matter of principle for me now! :wink:

Rant over :lol:

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

admin wrote: I suspect the delays are down to VM's legal team who have not yet decided who the winner should be but it sounds like a decision from them is expected soon.
I understand that Virgin Media are indeed upholding the disqualification mentioned in my first post of this thread.

Virgin Media should be in touch with the winners in the next week or so.

postie
Treebeard

Post by postie »

Good news boys, our teams have been reinstated to the top of our respected supporters leagues and the top 20 teams are up with Dannymanics team top, myself 2nd and Foreverengland in 3rd place. Congratulations to Dannymanic for winning even if you do support Sp*rs :twisted: :wink:
The elusive winners email must now be imminent :D

foreverengland
Grumpy Old Man

Post by foreverengland »

Has anyone heard anything yet?

Its been over two months since the end of the comp, nearly a fortnight since they 'resolved' the situation, and over a week since the uploaded the new & amended leaderboard to the website.

You'd think Virgin would now be in overdrive to get things sorted, but alas not!

I'll give them 7 more days till I cancel my Virgin mobile contract! :wink:

postie
Treebeard

Post by postie »

foreverengland wrote:Has anyone heard anything yet?

Its been over two months since the end of the comp, nearly a fortnight since they 'resolved' the situation, and over a week since the uploaded the new & amended leaderboard to the website.

You'd think Virgin would now be in overdrive to get things sorted, but alas not!

I'll give them 7 more days till I cancel my Virgin mobile contract! :wink:
A nice woman at SM chased them up for me and i got a very short email from VM sports saying "congratulations you are a club supported league winner, your prizes will be sent out in the next couple of months." No question on what size kit i want :roll:

Dannymanic
Wideboy

Post by Dannymanic »

Hi Postie,

I got the same email message cos I won the Spurs supporters league and I emailed them back asking what size the kit would be that they would be sending. The guy then emailed back saying the kit can be any size I wanted it to be and I just emailed them again stating the size that I wanted my kit to be.

Here's hoping the kit I receive as my prize is the size that I requested! :wink:

postie
Treebeard

Post by postie »

Dannymanic wrote:Hi Postie,

I got the same email message cos I won the Spurs supporters league and I emailed them back asking what size the kit would be that they would be sending. The guy then emailed back saying the kit can be any size I wanted it to be and I just emailed them again stating the size that I wanted my kit to be.

Here's hoping the kit I receive as my prize is the size that I requested! :wink:
Cheers Dannymanic, i will email them.
Hope you are getting a nice cheque aswell for overall winner :)

Dannymanic
Wideboy

Post by Dannymanic »

I asked the guy from Virgin Media when someone will be getting in touch with me regarding the big prize and he said within a month so it looks like I've got even longer 2 wait for the money! :(

foreverengland
Grumpy Old Man

Post by foreverengland »

Got same message yesterday (nice of them to apologise for the wait, but hey ho).

Boro tops can be slim fitting, so asked them to send me a tent. :wink:

Here's looking forward to it in time for the 09/10 season.

Hope you get your cash through soon Dannymanic! 8-)

postie
Treebeard

Post by postie »

Just got an email, prizes to be sent out next week, a change to part of the prize with a £50 kitbag voucher replacing the club supporters kit.
Any news on the £10,000 Dannymanic?

Dannymanic
Wideboy

Post by Dannymanic »

I got the email about the Xbox & voucher but still haven't heard anything about the cash prize & i'm getting pretty peed off! I've emailed yet again asking for an update on the situation but I'm not holding my breath! :(

van
Kevin and Perry

Post by van »

Yes I have also received an email about the Xbox & voucher. However, my reply with the postal address to the sender is not delivered successfully. Did you guys manage to reply with your postal address?

postie
Treebeard

Post by postie »

van wrote:Yes I have also received an email about the Xbox & voucher. However, my reply with the postal address to the sender is not delivered successfully. Did you guys manage to reply with your postal address?
I had no problems with the reply, i would send it again if i was you, congratulations by the way.

foreverengland
Grumpy Old Man

Post by foreverengland »

My reply got through fine to them I believe.

Bit miffed that they swapped a 'team kit' for a 'team shirt' and tried to play it off as though we were better off (not to mention the fact that Kitbag don't stock 'Boro strips) but at least something is forthcoming.

Hope you get your 10k sorted soon mate - I would hazard aguess that it won't be too long now.

van
Kevin and Perry

Post by van »

postie wrote:
van wrote:Yes I have also received an email about the Xbox & voucher. However, my reply with the postal address to the sender is not delivered successfully. Did you guys manage to reply with your postal address?
I had no problems with the reply, i would send it again if i was you, congratulations by the way.
postie & foreverengland,

I have replied 3 times (I click reply button) & all of them are bounced with delivery errors.

Appreciate if you can kindly let me know the email u replied to, if possible? You can either post here (if allowed) or pm me.

Thanks. :)

Dannymanic
Wideboy

Post by Dannymanic »

Hi guys,

I'm still in shock cos they finally got in touch with me regarding the £10k prize & I should be receiving it via bank transfer very soon :D

P.S. When I replied 2 the email concerning the Xbox/sports voucher prize I got a failed message but I also sent it to the generic sport@virginmedia.com email address so hopefully they got my reply

postie
Treebeard

Post by postie »

Thats great news DM, spend it wisely and don't waste it on anything to do with Spurs :wink:
Van, if you have no more luck with the reply get in contact with sarah.wildman-king@silentmanager.co.uk She was pretty helpful and should get in contact with Virgin for you.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Dannymanic wrote:Hi guys,

I'm still in shock cos they finally got in touch with me regarding the £10k prize & I should be receiving it via bank transfer very soon :D

P.S. When I replied 2 the email concerning the Xbox/sports voucher prize I got a failed message but I also sent it to the generic sport@virginmedia.com email address so hopefully they got my reply
very pleased for you,Dannymanic - you've shown more patience than anyone could have expected,and it's great that your patience has finally been rewarded ! :D

btw,maybe you should buy slarty a pint one day,for his contribution towards the end result !

foreverengland
Grumpy Old Man

Post by foreverengland »

Well done big fella - time to buy Mike Ashley out me thinks! :wink:

postie
Treebeard

Post by postie »

Received the XBOX on thursday but not had the vouchers by email yet, anyone else in the same situation?

foreverengland
Grumpy Old Man

Post by foreverengland »

Exactly the same here. E-mailed them about the missing vouchers but as yet no reply (did I expect anything else!).

Virign Media aren't doing themselves any favours in my opinion - they are on the brink of making BT look good at communicating with customers :wink:

foreverengland
Grumpy Old Man

Post by foreverengland »

Anyone got their Kitbag voucher yet (or even an indication of when it will arrive)? :roll:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Virgin Media Fantasy Football”