To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Yahoo League 07/08

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Yahoo! website.
blueprint
Grumpy Old Man

Yahoo League 07/08

Post by blueprint »

I have started a league in the Yahoo game for FISO players. Please Join me, lets show the others how it's done.

League name FISO Super League

Group ID# 4072
password FISO1

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Yahoo League 07/08

Post by C.Sativa »

blueprint wrote:I have started a league in the Yahoo game for FISO players. Please Join me, lets show the others how it's done.

League name FISO Super League

Group ID# 4072
password FISO1
Password is case sensitive.It's not FISO1
It's fiso1 :)

blueprint
Grumpy Old Man

Post by blueprint »

Thanks, when I typed the password into the set up field I typed it as capitals, the program must have lower cased it. I just repeated what I knew I had origianlly typed.

I must admit to being a bit shocked to the lack of interest in this game. I know it is really the domain of the TT Forum, but still.
Looking back at last years forum, FISO ran 4 leagues, now we have 4 teams in one league. The Yahoo game does have it's problems, but it is at least quite a different beast to most games out there.

Geordee
Kevin and Perry

Post by Geordee »

I've joined - looking forward to it.

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

im in :)

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

im in :D

viddleodge
sir goatus australis
FS Record: now 2nd highest ever weekly score at Goalsneak.com.au

Post by viddleodge »

i've always been intrigued by this game so i'll give it a go.

joined the fiso league.

finding the site a bit clunky but i'm sure i'll survive.
some of the dates are still for the 05/06 season. :?
doesn't inspire confidence.

blueprint
Grumpy Old Man

Post by blueprint »

True it is not the best laid out site. Even so now Yahoo don't actually run it any more, Euro Sports do. I still hate the player selections. Having to scroll though every page of players until you find one in your price range, a right pain.

I am in the process of putting together with others a Champions League game with in Yahoo. see this site which will explain our plans (only basic idea at the monent)
http://explain.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/

PM me if you want to be a part of it. Once all our mates are in, any open space will be open to all and I will PM or post details of codes.

blueprint
Grumpy Old Man

update

Post by blueprint »

Now all main players in Champions League, league. So it is now 'more' open to all. So here are the codes you would need.

Group ID#: 6550
Password: cl101

this web site will explain more

http://explain.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/

viddleodge
sir goatus australis

Post by viddleodge »

is anyone buying ronaldo straight away? 22 mil is a lot for 1 player. (nearly a quarter of the budget.)
is he likely to drop in the first couple of weeks?

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

I have Ronaldo incase his price might rise :) .Man U's starting fixtures not bad.If his price rises you would have more trouble to buy him.

viddleodge
sir goatus australis

Post by viddleodge »

thanks, c s. :)
yeah, i found a way to accomodate him and he is still good value, even in this.
so, do we nominate captains?

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 6th AOL comp 2009/10 season; Winner of SportsKnockout Pro League, 15th William Hill 2010/11, 2nd Sun Dream Team weekly Dec 2014, 3rd Tennis for Free Champions League 2015

Post by scopsm »

Just joined.

Am I right in thinking there are no prizes in this game, can't see any mention on the website?

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

Not played this one before. The scoring looks very different to other games I've played though so could be interesting.

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

scopsm wrote:Just joined.

Am I right in thinking there are no prizes in this game, can't see any mention on the website?

Code: Select all

At this point in time, there are no prizes in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football. You are fighting to end atop the standings so you can have bragging rights over friends, colleagues, and game players from across the globe.
Taken from here

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

viddleodge wrote:is anyone buying ronaldo straight away? 22 mil is a lot for 1 player. (nearly a quarter of the budget.)
It is a lot but I don't think it matters if his price drops. You only get back what you paid for him and you'll still have 100 credits to buy your team. The only benefit seems to be having players whose price drops - this way you can replace other players and use the extra money.

It's not to do with whether he's bought or sold - it seems to be purely down to his performance. So if he has a bad week then you might end up have more spare cash.

Or am I reading this wrong :shock:

benwootton
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner BBC world cup round - won a big tv. Otherwise just won works leagues

Post by benwootton »

i havent played for a few years since left last job but always enjoyed yahoo

from memory best tactic is cheapie defenders and mix it up every week.
Obviously some teams play twice gw1 so will potentially score twice so no point picking torres etc this week.
new players cheaper than most at the mo so always worth a look at big name strikers/midfielders and defenders before they leap up in value

best of luck all

Leehweb
Treebeard

Post by Leehweb »

benwootton wrote:i havent played for a few years since left last job but always enjoyed yahoo

Obviously some teams play twice gw1 so will potentially score twice so no point picking torres etc this week.
new players cheaper than most at the mo so always worth a look at big name strikers/midfielders and defenders before they leap up in value

best of luck all
Defenders now tend to get good points as Yahoo now give points for clean sheets. The overall game has improved and is probably the best FF game to play if you like changing your team weekly. Best to get the newcomers in early on those who you think will do well though...

benwootton
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner BBC world cup round - won a big tv. Otherwise just won works leagues

Post by benwootton »

just as well i went for a semi decent defence first week then.

atx1303
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 3rd 08/09

Post by atx1303 »

just joined in today :)

viddleodge
sir goatus australis

Post by viddleodge »

Leehweb wrote:
benwootton wrote:i havent played for a few years since left last job but always enjoyed yahoo

best of luck all
Defenders now tend to get good points as Yahoo now give points for clean sheets. The overall game has improved and is probably the best FF game to play if you like changing your team weekly. Best to get the newcomers in early on those who you think will do well though...

defenders do seem to have higher pts per mil figures.
but their pts hauls are so much less then mids and forwards.

i did want to raise 2 other points though;

1) the yahoo forum seems to be a little cluttered with 'spam' type posts.
is this synonymous with the game as it's a pretty clunky interface to use on their website? i.e. dodgy game = dodgy participants (obviously i'm here, so that's logical :wink: ) no offence to the vets. or is it coz not many seem to play this game.

and by the by, this sure as heck ain't no best ff game ever! :shock:

2) as a noob swimming in unchartered waters i'm still trying to grasp to aim of the game. again clunky interface makes finding anything very difficult and when you do locate it the 05/06 dates in the rules still rock my world. :shock: now i always thought this game was about having the most valuable squad. turns out it's a traditional most points type format. am i right?

any of the experts no any of these answers?

- confused, of cyberspacia.

viddleodge
sir goatus australis

Post by viddleodge »

DrBunker wrote:
viddleodge wrote:is anyone buying ronaldo straight away? 22 mil is a lot for 1 player. (nearly a quarter of the budget.)
It is a lot but I don't think it matters if his price drops. You only get back what you paid for him and you'll still have 100 credits to buy your team. The only benefit seems to be having players whose price drops - this way you can replace other players and use the extra money.

It's not to do with whether he's bought or sold - it seems to be purely down to his performance. So if he has a bad week then you might end up have more spare cash.

Or am I reading this wrong :shock:
my head's in a bit of a spin over the objective and tactics in this game so far but i sold him last week to revamp (or should i say relamp ;)) my squad. now i've got only chelsea, man u, and liverpool players except for nolan and jussi who might toodle along after this weekend. right now, jasska's earning negative points! :shock: wish i knew if joke hole is playing on sat'dee.

viddleodge
sir goatus australis

Post by viddleodge »

decided to give this game away as i've just got too much else going on and i can't be bothering with the awkward 20th century interface of the game.

gl to those with the time and the spunk. :wink:

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

viddleodge wrote:decided to give this game away as i've just got too much else going on and i can't be bothering with the awkward 20th century interface of the game.

gl to those with the time and the spunk. :wink:
I might be with you on this one. There's a couple I signed up for in the pre-season excitement that I'm now regretting adding as favourites. I think when the internationals are over I'll have a clean out.

blueprint
Grumpy Old Man

Post by blueprint »

Just can't seem to get my act together in the Yahoo game this year. Been a bit better in the last couple of weeks. But with the poor start just finding it hard to recover lost points.
Same could be said of my Italian and Spanish teams.

Still there is time for me to get further up the table(s) so I'm not giving up hope just yet. Below is the FISO league so far.

01 PiToT TiTs 726.00
02 Athletico Pathetico 701.50
03 atx1303 698.00
04 The TJ's 645.50
05 Chrisharry12345 630.50
06 Hammer 609.50
07 Stoned Husky 606.50
08 lookaroundcafe 588.00
09 Donegal Blues 585.00
10 At it again 526.00
11 Magflyers 522.00
12 Pompey FA cup winners 2008 520.50
13 Sultan of Barnet FC 505.00
14 Jesternothergame 489.00
15 Pengy's Pirates 487.00
16 thespecialones 465.50
17 fozzies 435.00
18 The Goats 431.00
19 DEPORTIVO LA CORTINA 427.00
20 Georgia's Giants 164.50

blueprint
Grumpy Old Man

Post by blueprint »

Seems Yahoo have been tinkering with the points again. I was on 505pts now I'm on 503. I've added the league standings below so you can see how much, if at all, your points have changed since the last post.

01 PiToT TiTs 725.50
02 Athletico Pathetico 700.00
03 atx1303 697.50
04 The TJ's 644.50
05 Chrisharry12345 630.50
06 Hammer 609.50
07 Stoned Husky 606.50
08 lookaroundcafe 587.50
09 Donegal Blues 585.00
10 At it again 526.00
11 Magflyers 522.00
12 Pompey FA cup winners 2008 519.50
13 Sultan of Barnet FC 503.00
14 Jesternothergame 489.00
15 Pengy's Pirates 486.00
16 thespecialones 465.00
17 fozzies 435.00
18 The Goats 431.00
19 DEPORTIVO LA CORTINA 426.00
20 Georgia's Giants 164.50

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 6th AOL comp 2009/10 season; Winner of SportsKnockout Pro League, 15th William Hill 2010/11, 2nd Sun Dream Team weekly Dec 2014, 3rd Tennis for Free Champions League 2015

Post by scopsm »

Anyone know where to find the player list in this game? :?
The only time I can see it is when I transfer out my players.

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

scopsm wrote:Anyone know where to find the player list in this game? :?
The only time I can see it is when I transfer out my players.

Yes,I think that is the only way.But why you need to see the player list in different way?You don't have to transfer player out.

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by scopsm »

It is easier to have a list of players so you can work out who you can afford etc and plan your squad overall.
Just really cumbersome the way they have it set up.

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

scopsm wrote:It is easier to have a list of players so you can work out who you can afford etc and plan your squad overall.
Just really cumbersome the way they have it set up.
This is my second year,may be I've got used to.I personally don't find it difficult.You still have a list of players.But instead of clicking somewhere for player list, you just have to click "Sell Player",that doesn't mean you are selling player,that gives you the list of players even tell you who you can afford.
The only difference for me in this game you have to click twice to see player list. :)
But may be you mean you want to see player list and your team same time(Like TFF).In that case you have to open 2 seperate windows I guess. :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Yahoo! FF games”