To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fantasy Stakes Announcement

A forum for discussion on Fantasy Stakes
Stakesy
Treebeard

Fantasy Stakes Announcement

Post by Stakesy »

I'm sad to report some disappointing news for FS players. Here's the announcement which is going up on the website today:

Unfortunately, fantasystakes.com will not be open for the beginning of the football season. You will still be able to access your account and withdraw funds, but you will not be able to deposit or play the game at this time.

Please watch this space for further announcements.

At this stage we have been unable to find a partner (bookmaker, newspaper or the like) for 2010/11 and without this we are unable to make a commitment for the season. As regular players will be aware, numbers have never grown sufficiently at FS, despite the Daily Mirror and despite Betdaq, and this makes finances unpredictable. We continue to look for such a partner but none has stepped up in time for the start of the season.

As always I'm happy to answer questions on here if I can. FISO managers were the first to test our game back in Euro 2008 and many have been our most committed players ever since - I've been grateful for all your support and advice. All of us at FS are extremely disappointed that we can't provide the game which so many people have enjoyed over the past couple of years.

Stakesy

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

Re: Fantasy Stakes Announcement

Post by bennyc »

I know how much work you have put into the game so I'm sorry for you. I still maintain that this game will be a success but for whatever reason people aren't taking to it in the numbers required.

Have you approached Facebook to see if they would work with you? I would have thought that given the level of interaction and the chat facility that it might be something they would be interested in? Plus they have a stupidly big customer base to target the game to?

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

Damn shame, Stakesy, but I had a feeling this was coming. The game deserved much better, but for some reason, it just didn't/doesn't tickle people's fancy. I hope somebody or something comes along for you all at FS HQ, Stakesy.

Synyster
FISO Knight
FS Record: Won a few prizes here and there..

Post by Synyster »

bennyc wrote:I know how much work you have put into the game so I'm sorry for you. I still maintain that this game will be a success but for whatever reason people aren't taking to it in the numbers required.

Have you approached Facebook to see if they would work with you? I would have thought that given the level of interaction and the chat facility that it might be something they would be interested in? Plus they have a stupidly big customer base to target the game to?
If there was a Facebook 'app' and some cheap games and that got off I'm sure we'd be in the thousands of members.. add in an iPhone and Android app to enter teams and we'd be world breaking..

just needs that break through.

Betdaq didn't quite work due to the split website, and lack of Betdaq members signing up to it.

Not too sure what to suggest, wish I could help.. :( Hope your not too much out of pocket, you deserve alot back from this game.. it's run alot better than most newspaper FF games..

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

:cry:

saturday mornings just wont be the same...

Hope you find someone

Zarch
Grumpy Old Stats Geek
FS Record: Sun World Cup 2010 Mini-League Winner. Fantasy Stakes Prem Winner 08/09, World Cup 2010 Winner

Post by Zarch »

How am I going to tell the wife she's got her Saturday mornings back? :(

Will really miss this one....... gutted.
Hope you can pull something out of the fire Stakesy.

littlefeller
Treebeard
FS Record: Sportsbox World Cup winner 2010
7th place TFF 2017

Post by littlefeller »

I never played this game but wanted to. When it came to paying my £2 I was always put off by the 70p charge. Making the total cost £3.20 for a £2 entry. When the game relauches I perhaps suggest working on pricing so it's not so obvious it's £2 + 60% charges. The format of the game was very appealing I'm surprised it hasnt taken off.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

I can't remember exactly the pricing structure, but I don't think that is correct

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving season on season

Post by PNE4PREM »

Sorry to hear the news Stakesy..You know we will all support you when this is relaunched as I'm sure it will be... :)

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-
too many bbm wins to remember :-)

Post by the-postman »

Zarch wrote:How am I going to tell the wife she's got her Saturday mornings back? :(

Will really miss this one....... gutted.
Hope you can pull something out of the fire Stakesy.
well mrs zarch will get round tesco quicker now with you around to help mick 8-)

sorry about the game stakesy...i like the suggestion about facebook....there getting into paid games now and they have 500 million clients and counting :shock:

dannyf

Post by dannyf »

also sorry to hear.

my wife knows she won't get saturdays back!

i started playing on 11Kicks.com... also a weekly game.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

This is too good a format for it not to come back at some stage - sooner rather than later I hope. The weekly league element rather than a season long slog means it can come back mid-season - bigger and better, so I am leaving my money in for now - all £12.35 of it :oops:

Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

Post by Flyman »

Sorry to hear. I was unable to play last season but enjoyed the game very much the season before and was looking forward to playing again.

Best of luck to you all.

Achilles
Treebeard

Post by Achilles »

I'm very sad, Stakesy, and I'm very sorry for your top efforts not being rewarded. With the professional approach and design the game deserved much, much better.... I'll miss it, for sure.
Hope you find a way to come back :!:

chrispyb
Grumpy Old Man

Post by chrispyb »

Echo all that has been said above. Dissapointed that this is not running from the start, although I am nearly certain that Fantasy Stakes will return bigger and better than ever.

For me this is my favourite game out there and the addition of a season long/monthly prize would surely bring the punters in.

Would be such a shame to see you throw in the towel after all the hard work and effort of creating a loyal fan base, and running an almost flawless game :(

Zarch
Grumpy Old Stats Geek
FS Record: Sun World Cup 2010 Mini-League Winner. Fantasy Stakes Prem Winner 08/09, World Cup 2010 Winner

Post by Zarch »

With regard Facebook..... could you not start it off as a free game to get the interest levels up, then go for a paid model?

You could be the Farmville of FISO! :P

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

id definitely get as many people on my facebook to play anyway :)

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

Post by bennyc »

If you got Facebook to stick up a decent season long prize and agreed to split the rake with them you'd be on to a winner I reckon. You'd need 1,000 people playing to cover the split in rake. With the amount of people to target I could see several thousand people playing.

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

I doubt facebook would go down the pool betting route.. would have to be free imo

Stakesy
Treebeard

Post by Stakesy »

Thanks for the generous comments folks.

Yes, we'll be speaking to Facebook. It would have to be a different model to the one we currently have (anyone got any evidence of betting sites on there already?) but could be interesting.

Might get a bit tedious seeing "xxx has changed his team" popping up in your Facebook profiles every day! :lol:

Synyster
FISO Knight
FS Record: Won a few prizes here and there..

Post by Synyster »

tcf has choose a new team
200 times in the last day. :lol:

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

The main Facebook one is 'Fantasy Football Premier League' which is connected to Yahoo and there's no money involved unlike even Farmville and the like. A big attraction of fs was the instant assist notification. Coachbet was also a weekly paid ff game not as good as fs and that stopped and has some intermittent activity involving the Swedish league atm.

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Post by chrismar »

If I had a business, i'd sponsor you myself, alas i don't.

Hope you come back bigger and better as you are the best game out there.

Zarch
Grumpy Old Stats Geek

Post by Zarch »

Stakesy wrote:Thanks for the generous comments folks.

Yes, we'll be speaking to Facebook. It would have to be a different model to the one we currently have (anyone got any evidence of betting sites on there already?) but could be interesting.

Might get a bit tedious seeing "xxx has changed his team" popping up in your Facebook profiles every day! :lol:
Not sure what you'd class "Zynga Poker" as? Betting surely?

Granted, you don't directly bet with cash, but i'm sure you can buy chips and gifts with real money if you run out of your originally allocated free credits??

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-
too many bbm wins to remember :-)

Post by the-postman »

Zarch wrote:
Stakesy wrote:Thanks for the generous comments folks.

Not sure what you'd class "Zynga Poker" as? Betting surely?

Granted, you don't directly bet with cash, but i'm sure you can buy chips and gifts with real money if you run out of your originally allocated free credits??
yeah micks right ... everyone is given 20000 chips on zynga then if you run out you have to buy chip sets ..prices ranging from 5 pound up to around 100 --- paying for chips makes it gambling i guess and you can win substantial prizes now

15 thousand dollar real money shootout last month for example

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y20pFdqnC3Y&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y20pFdqnC3Y&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

You could always set up for this season as a free game, one team per person and offer say tickets to a football game as the end of season prize and advertise it on facebook?

The ads can target really specific audiences

Estimated reach

1,143,380 people
■who live in the United Kingdom
■age exactly 18 and older
■who are male
■who like football, premier football, premier league fantasy football, premier league, arsenal fc, football manager, fantasy football, arsenal, or pro evo

fsl
Treebeard
FS Record: Tff Super 20s winner 2011-2012 when it meant something (£1000) TFF MOTW 2011-2012
FANTEAM World Champion of Fantasy Football 2019/20
Won $10 on draftkings once

Post by fsl »

STAKSEY
If there is anything you can think of that will help resurect the game in whatever format- make sure you let us know what we can do. A few of us are chairmen/long term FF players and now that we are faced with the possibility of losing the game I am sure we will do whatever we are asked to help
Good Luck in whatever you persue in the future

chrispyb
Grumpy Old Man

Post by chrispyb »

What about approaching the telegraph. They have a loyal fan base and have dropped there weekend game for the coming season.

KOP007
Wideboy

Post by KOP007 »

Gutted about this.

This was my favourite game last season, nothing compared to its excitement. I loved how it updated live and you could have a little chat off with fellow players.

Hopefully you can work something out, I will miss this - BIG TIME. :cry:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Have never played but don't you think the name puts people off?

"Stakes" brings up images of gambling and having to shovel in money regularly.......

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Stakes”