To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Lucky Dip League

A forum for discussion on Fantasy Stakes
PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving season on season

Lucky Dip League

Post by PNE4PREM »

Have i missed a thread on this.. :? Basically £1.50 and you can't edit your team,anyone having a go at this or too much luck involved ??

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Re: Lucky Dip League

Post by chrismar »

It's a great idea to generate revenue but the randomness of it isn't for me.

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PNE4PREM »

Selected 2 teams half aren't playing due to injuries or Utd players ..not for me i'm afraid ... :cry:

Synyster
FISO Knight
FS Record: Won a few prizes here and there..

Post by Synyster »

Haven't seen it but seeing what you've said, sounds like the prize could just go to the person that gets the playing team. Definitely not for me, WDT, yes every day as the winning part is subs and SM, but totally random doesn't do it for me. Could be fixed for all we know, although obviously it wouldn't be. :|

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

PNE4PREM wrote:too much luck involved ??
Are you asking a question or just telling to yourself? :wink: Buy a lottery for that price it gives more money if you win. :)

Zarch
Grumpy Old Stats Geek
FS Record: Sun World Cup 2010 Mini-League Winner. Fantasy Stakes Prem Winner 08/09, World Cup 2010 Winner

Post by Zarch »

Weekend Dream Team but worse by the sounds of it...... crazy scheme, I'd have thought more time and effort would be better served going into building up the main game, not creating useless diversions! :roll:

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

Post by bennyc »

I've just seen this and without wanting to appear too critical of Stakesy I think this is another badly thought out promotion.

WDT is much maligned for being a lottery but at least there is only a pool of 100 players and you can make 4 subs.

Are all the players in the FS game in the player pool for this? If so you could end up with nobody playing :shock: :lol: If you have UTD or City players in your team you must be eligible for a refund as they are not in the midweek game. I can't imagine Stakesy would object to a refund on those grounds.

There is no prize fund for this either bar the £30 odd quid already paid in. £1.50 for this or 3 WDT credits for a £2 and a 10k prize - it's a no brainer.

Why on earth isn't there a punter funded jackpot league? Can't understand it? Stakesy?

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

WDT is good for the money on offer so I have a couple of teams in that- despite it being a lucky dip. I go with fantasy stakes as you can pick your own teams although the prize money is less. Definately won't be going for this random team thingy... :?

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

I've just seen the email promoting the lucky dip league. Stakesy says the most popular players are in the player pool. Is there any info on how many keepers, defenders, midfielders, strikers are in the pool?

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

definatly a strange one from me to im afraid.. like the wdt but no prize money and more expensive.. and no chances to change there teams..

out of interest, has some of the feedback you have been reciving is that people dont have time to do there teams?

Jack72
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maxi Muscle FF - 1st (October MOTM) . , TFF Weekender - 1st (Week 13) , Championship FF - 34th. WC 2014 TFF - 27th

Post by Jack72 »

Sounds like a complete waste of time. I do like to have some kind of input in who plays in my teams. No skill involved at all :roll: :roll:

Scrappy
Kevin and Perry

Post by Scrappy »

Considering nobody here seems to think it was a good idea, what was the reasoning behind starting up a lucky dip league?

I can see the attraction, ala WDT, but as said above, 50p more to enter and a tiny prize if you manage to get lucky and have a decent team doesn't really seem worth it. Surprised 40 odd people have entered already! I'll probably have more chance of winning something with a lucky dip mind :lol:

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

Scrappy wrote:Considering nobody here seems to think it was a good idea, what was the reasoning behind starting up a lucky dip league?

I can see the attraction, ala WDT, but as said above, 50p more to enter and a tiny prize if you manage to get lucky and have a decent team doesn't really seem worth it. Surprised 40 odd people have entered already! I'll probably have more chance of winning something with a lucky dip mind :lol:

:lol: You and me both Scrappy :mrgreen:

Stakesy
Treebeard

Post by Stakesy »

Hi chaps,

The Lucky Dip League is definitely not something for FISOers! :lol:

I fully understand your comments as this is not a game that would appeal to anyone who takes their time going through injuries, suspensions, etc. However, there are folks out there who don't have much time or interest in studying the form and do not think it is worth it to enter the present leagues where they are competing against the likes of you guys with multiple entries and vastly superior knowledge. The LDL lets them have the fun of playing Fantasy Stakes and they know they start off on an even footing. I am surprised at the number of entries already (58 at the last count), perhaps this is just a one-off or perhaps they'll come back for more. We'll see.

Another thing to bear in mind is that, as a company, having this kind of feature is positive for enabling us to offer different games to different markets as many FF companies do. Now the technology is in place it could be tweaked as required. Putting it on the main site lets us test the game and, as I said, perhaps there will be people out there who prefer it. We can't compete with WDT for prize money but the gameplay is superior (though I say so myself :wink: ) and there's a better chance of winning a small amount.

Regarding benny's question about the number of players, there are 10 keepers and 40 each of defenders, midfielders and strikers.

Once again, I do not expect this to be something for most of you. The rest of the leagues are all still there though so feel free to leave LDL alone and continue to plunder the others each week! :lol:

Stakesy

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

Tried it out. But I've got Richards, Barry and Fletcher who aren't even in the game. Surely you can't have players in the pool who aren't eligible?

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

Still waiting for response re. keeping ineligible players in the player pool for the lucky dip game?

Stakesy
Treebeard

Post by Stakesy »

Before the window closes all players from Stoke, Man City, Man Utd and Hull will have been booted out of your teams and random playing players brought in. There was an error in the software which should not have allowed the non-playing players to be selected.

Stakesy

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PNE4PREM »

Thanks Stakesy :D :D

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

Excellent Stakesy :mrgreen:

Never thought I'd see myself cheering N'gog :shock: :lol:

Zarch
Grumpy Old Stats Geek
FS Record: Sun World Cup 2010 Mini-League Winner. Fantasy Stakes Prem Winner 08/09, World Cup 2010 Winner

Post by Zarch »

I don't know why, but i decided to have a go..... (advertising works eh?)

Anyway, i've a few grumbles with my 3-5-2 superstars!

J Reina

A Hughes
Shawcross - No Midweek game!!! (okay, this looks like its getting sorted)
Vermaelen

Collison
Essien - Out for 6 weeks with a known injury!
Etherington - No Midweek game!!! (okay, this looks like its getting sorted)
Fabregas
Kranjcar

McFadden
Zamora - may make a surprise return, but injured really!

Granted, you can accept the odd calf strain or ankle knock. But not to go through the player list and take out the long term injuries is a litte bad.
Maybe there should be a check that the player has played in a certain number the previous games?
Last edited by Zarch on 26 Jan 2010, 14:05, edited 2 times in total.

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

Interesting you got a 4-4-2 formation Zarch - I got a 4-5-1 with N'Gog as my solitary striker :lol:

So it's random formation as well as random players?
Last edited by bennyc on 26 Jan 2010, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

Ngog? that is bad....I got a 4-4-2 with Toure? ACN?? Carrick and Eduardo!!! can I have my £1.50 back :lol:

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

I have no time today, only £1.66 left in my account, don't want to pay another fee for depositing money this week, so who you gonna call? Fantasy Stakes Lucky Dip! I don't mind this idea at all, but players with long term injuries have to be excluded Stakesy :evil:

I have:
GK Schwarzer

DF Cahill
DF Cuellar
DF R Nelson

MF Benayoun :evil:
MF Essien :evil:
MF NZogbia
MF Scharner

ST Defoe
ST Nugent
ST Zamora (fair enough. talk is he could be back)

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

Are there T+C's for this game anywhere? I just feel that everyone entering should have the same formation. From my understanding the highest scoring team of the week for 100k prize purposes is normally 3-4-3 formation? Some clarification of the rules would be nice.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

Not exactly T&Cs, and you may have seen these, but it may help others not aware of these details:

A set of FAQs for you on the latest addition to Fantasy Stakes - Weekly Fantasy Football.

Want the same live Fantasy Stakes experience as usual on match day? Want a level playing field so you have the same chance of winning as everyone else? Want to get your entry done in a hurry?

Then the Lucky Dip League is just for you!

How are the players chosen?
Players are chosen completely at random by the Fantasy Stakes computer when you enter the league.

How do I know I won’t get 11 rubbish players?
Each week, the computer compiles a list of the top 10 scoring goalkeepers and the top 40 scoring defenders, midfielders and strikers so far that season. It therefore will not select any squad players that have not played and are unlikely to play. Only the best get selected!

What if a team does not have a fixture?
Players from that club will be automatically excluded by the computer. Players will only be selected from teams competing in that round. (postponements are covered below)

What if one or more of players is injured?
Tough cookies - it’s a lucky dip! It’s the same for everyone.

What if one or more of my players plays for a team that has a fixture postponed?

Can I make any substitutions or changes?
No. It’s a lucky dip. Not a lucky dip and then change it a bit.

Can I still win £100,000 with my Lucky Dip League entry?
Yes! All entries are eligible for the £100,000 Team of the Week promotion.

Good luck!
Stakesy

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

color]quote="Jonathan"]Not exactly T&Cs, and you may have seen these, but it may help others not aware of these details:

A set of FAQs for you on the latest addition to Fantasy Stakes - Weekly Fantasy Football.

Want the same live Fantasy Stakes experience as usual on match day? Want a level playing field so you have the same chance of winning as everyone else? Want to get your entry done in a hurry?

Must be the same formation to be a level playing field surely?

Then the Lucky Dip League is just for you!

How are the players chosen?
Players are chosen completely at random by the Fantasy Stakes computer when you enter the league.

How do I know I won’t get 11 rubbish players?
Each week, the computer compiles a list of the top 10 scoring goalkeepers and the top 40 scoring defenders, midfielders and strikers so far that season. It therefore will not select any squad players that have not played and are unlikely to play. Only the best get selected!

But it does include ACN/injured players

What if a team does not have a fixture?
Players from that club will be automatically excluded by the computer. Players will only be selected from teams competing in that round. (postponements are covered below)

What if one or more of players is injured?

What if one or more of my players plays for a team that has a fixture postponed?

Can I make any substitutions or changes?
No. It’s a lucky dip. Not a lucky dip and then change it a bit.

Can I still win £100,000 with my Lucky Dip League entry?
Yes! All entries are eligible for the £100,000 Team of the Week promotion.

Good luck!
Stakesy[/i][/quote]

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

Stakesy has kindly traded Richards, Fletcher and Barry for Lampard, Dunne and Pienaar :mrgreen:

Happy with that upgrade :lol:

Zarch
Grumpy Old Stats Geek

Post by Zarch »

Zarch wrote:I don't know why, but i decided to have a go..... (advertising works eh?)

Anyway, i've a few grumbles with my 3-5-2 superstars!

J Reina

A Hughes
Shawcross - No Midweek game!!! (okay, this looks like its getting sorted)
Vermaelen

Collison
Essien - Out for 6 weeks with a known injury!
Etherington - No Midweek game!!! (okay, this looks like its getting sorted)
Fabregas
Kranjcar

McFadden
Zamora - may make a surprise return, but injured really!

Granted, you can accept the odd calf strain or ankle knock. But not to go through the player list and take out the long term injuries is a litte bad.
Maybe there should be a check that the player has played in a certain number the previous games?
My Stoke replacements have arrived:
Shawcross = Samba (SUSPENDED) FFS! :twisted: Surely a Wind-up?
Etherington = Pienaar

Still got Essien who would still have been at the ACN, let alone injured for 6 weeks. :evil: All African Nations players shouldn't be on the available list should they??

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Post by chrismar »

bennyc wrote:Are there T+C's for this game anywhere? I just feel that everyone entering should have the same formation. From my understanding the highest scoring team of the week for 100k prize purposes is normally 3-4-3 formation? Some clarification of the rules would be nice.
Hard to tell with this Benny. I feel with thte recent high number of defenders scoring, different formations could be better, but that section of the site hasn't been updated since Round 15 when the Promotion started which is very disappointing when a site is concentrating on quality. The lunchtime after the last game finishes should be the deadline for posting these to the site - it can't be that hard Stakesy!

Stakesy
Treebeard

Post by Stakesy »

The rules for the £100K are on the site in the News section. Link below:

http://www.fantasystakes.com/news/article/176" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's never been any restriction on formation. We will update Previous TOTWs asap!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Stakes”