To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

World Cup Fantasy Stakes

A forum for discussion on Fantasy Stakes
bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

World Cup Fantasy Stakes

Post by bennyc »

Don't know if you've given this any thought Stakesy but maybe a good way to get new people playing the standard version of FS for the 2010-2011 season - if you're planning on doing one?

People seem to be pretty disillusioned with SDT at the moment and the prospect of multi's hammering a World Cup DT game may well put a lot off. Why don't you get The Mirror to chuck you some cash and plenty of advertising early doors and get a WC game going.

Just have leagues for the first lot of group matches, second lot of group matches etc. Alternatively get people to pick a team for the whole WC and do a seperate league for that.

If you get new players interested they will probably stick around for the domestic version of the game.

What do ya reckon? :mrgreen:

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Re: World Cup Fantasy Stakes

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

Id play for sure!

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Post by chrismar »

You'd certainly get a few entries from me too.

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving season on season

Post by PNE4PREM »

Reckon there would be plenty interested :D

Stakesy
Treebeard

Post by Stakesy »

Yep, World Cup is definitely something we're looking at. As always, whenever anything is ready for release FISO will be the first to know! :lol:

Stakesy

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

good to hear!

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

Perfect format for a World Cup game I reckon. Stakesy... sort it! :wink: :lol:

PS: But don't have any restrictions in terms of how many you can have from each team in the latter stages.

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Post by chrismar »

Any update on whether this will be happening Stakesy?

London Pat
Red & Blue Braces

Post by London Pat »

Your bump is timely Chris! :D

As of this week I can now formally announce that there will be a Fantasy Stakes World Cup Game. 8-)

The plan is to have separate rounds for each set of first round fixtures (each team plays once), then another round for the second round of fixtures, and a final round for the quarters to final. That's five rounds in all.

I'll release more details as we have them. As ever, FISO suggestions are very much appreciated, there are a lot of details yet to be finalised so any ideas people have for gameplay, leagues, etc, would be very welcome.

Cheers,

Stakesy

Zarch
Grumpy Old Stats Geek
FS Record: Sun World Cup 2010 Mini-League Winner. Fantasy Stakes Prem Winner 08/09, World Cup 2010 Winner

Post by Zarch »

London Pat wrote:Your bump is timely Chris! :D

As of this week I can now formally announce that there will be a Fantasy Stakes World Cup Game. 8-)

The plan is to have separate rounds for each set of first round fixtures (each team plays once), then another round for the second round of fixtures, and a final round for the quarters to final. That's five rounds in all.

I'll release more details as we have them. As ever, FISO suggestions are very much appreciated, there are a lot of details yet to be finalised so any ideas people have for gameplay, leagues, etc, would be very welcome.

Cheers,

Stakesy

Stakesy has been outed as "London Pat" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

Doh! :lol:

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

I think it would be fair if a Mod could rectify that little error?

I must admit I am glad there is going to be a FS World Cup based game. I won't be playing any other world cup fantasy game, but I will certainly look into giving this one a go.

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar

Post by chrismar »

Sounds good Stak...Pat. I look forward to it.

Possibly a competition for the manager with the best cumulative score from their best teams over each of the five rounds with a premium for entry into this to pay for the prize might encourage more entries.

Stakesy
Treebeard

Post by Stakesy »

Lol, was bound to happpen eventually, don't know how I managed to avoid it for this long really! :oops: :lol: I can finally come out of the closet!

OK, back to Stakesy and FS.... yes, Chris, we're definitely looking at having an overall winner and having a way of contributing a bit extra to boost the pool. What would people suggest as a good way of measuring the winner - average score, number of entries, stake... ? :?:

Cheers,

Stakesy

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

Stakesy wrote:Lol, was bound to happpen eventually, don't know how I managed to avoid it for this long really! :oops: :lol: I can finally come out of the closet!

OK, back to Stakesy and FS.... yes, Chris, we're definitely looking at having an overall winner and having a way of contributing a bit extra to boost the pool. What would people suggest as a good way of measuring the winner - average score, number of entries, stake... ? :?:

Cheers,

Stakesy
Average score is fairest in terms of not having to wade in with a load of dosh and loads of entries in order to get anywhere, but of course, that is what this is all about for everyone... making dosh!

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

Gotta be average score, no?

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar

Post by chrismar »

If it's down to average score it would probably make people less likely to enter a lot of teams as a lot would be low scoring, meaning less entries and less profit and lower prize. If it was possible to average the top 3 or 5 per manager per round that would encourage a higher number of entries or alternatively just the top score per manager per round but then this may discourage manager's who wish to enter lower numbers of teams!

Personally speaking I won't go silly on number of entries as I prefer to concentrate on quality and after 5 teams they start to all get very similar anyway. It'll be hard to judge but I look forward to playing however you choose to do it.

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Average score of the top scores for each around?

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

Post by bennyc »

You could do the following for a tournament long competition. Charge £20. Everyone gets to enter 8 teams for the group stages. One per group with no more than 3 players from each team.

Your four best group scores are carried through to the last 16 stage. At that point you get to pick a team for the last 16's. No more than 3 players for each team. This score gets added to your four scores carried forwarded.

Same for the quarter finals.

At the semi stage you pick a team for the semi's and the final. No more than 6 players per team.

The person with the best average throughout - should be 7 scores - is the winner :D

Should ensure interest in even the crappiest of the group games.

dingram041
Dumbledore
FS Record: I've won a lot but proud to have been 7 balled my friend Milan Gajic. RIP xx

Post by dingram041 »

One thing to remember Stakesy is that for the World Cup tourney......a lot of people will be working when games are on etc.....so to get an even keel......you will need a deadline for day before the game(s)!!!!!!!

That means everyone will be on a level field.....and ensure your maximum capacity!

Just a thought!

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving season on season

Post by PNE4PREM »

Your'e obviously not online during the day then Daz :wink: but i have to agree with you....
Last edited by PNE4PREM on 10 May 2010, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.

dingram041
Dumbledore
FS Record: I've won a lot but proud to have been 7 balled my friend Milan Gajic. RIP xx

Post by dingram041 »

To be honest.....I WON'T BE PLAYING. Just hate foreign football :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's just to ensure Stakesy gets the most ultimate amount possible playing this game!!!!!!

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

surely if its long before the teams are announced then its an even field?

dingram041
Dumbledore

Post by dingram041 »

Chrisharry12345 wrote:surely if its long before the teams are announced then its an even field?
Exactly what I've wrote Chrisssssyyyyy :wink:

Stakesy
Treebeard

Post by Stakesy »

dingram041 wrote:One thing to remember Stakesy is that for the World Cup tourney......a lot of people will be working when games are on etc.....so to get an even keel......you will need a deadline for day before the game(s)!!!!!!!

That means everyone will be on a level field.....and ensure your maximum capacity!

Just a thought!
Thanks, Daz. It's an interesting one this.....

> Closing the window 24 hours early may reduce entries, particularly for later stages when qualifying teams are less certain
> Keeping the window open to the last minute may reduce entries because those who do work may not want to enter if they feel others (who don't work!) have an advantage becuase they can enter their teams closer to the deadline

Any thoughts from others on this (thanks PNE & Chris)? Obviously we want the maximum amount of entries and the maximum interest generated. Hard to predict perhaps how many people will be working at that time and have no access to the tinternet. :?

And a question..... can anyone remember, is it a 1-hour cutoff for the teamsheet before World Cup games? I think it is, but quite often starting line-ups are a lot more predictable than in the Premiership.

dingram041
Dumbledore

Post by dingram041 »

An hour before sounds about right.....because that will give people on the day a chance to enter.....and also the night before with no teams news being known really....so giving a player a chance to enter by night and also giving you the ultimate time possible for extra entries!!!!!

Obviously it is a problem with people working for you through this tourney.....but if you do it to give yourself the most time possible for people to enter although not knowing team news etc.....i.e. the line ups.....then you can have both......the most time possible, yet no advantage to those not working!!
Last edited by dingram041 on 10 May 2010, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.

Stakesy
Treebeard

Post by Stakesy »

bennyc wrote:You could do the following for a tournament long competition. Charge £20. Everyone gets to enter 8 teams for the group stages. One per group with no more than 3 players from each team.

Your four best group scores are carried through to the last 16 stage. At that point you get to pick a team for the last 16's. No more than 3 players for each team. This score gets added to your four scores carried forwarded.

Same for the quarter finals.

At the semi stage you pick a team for the semi's and the final. No more than 6 players per team.

The person with the best average throughout - should be 7 scores - is the winner :D

Should ensure interest in even the crappiest of the group games.
This is an interesting idea, Benny, especially for keen FF players who want to pick many teams - certainly retains long-term interest.

I presume you're suggesting this as an add-on on top of the regular game? Our usual format might be more of a draw for small punters or new punters and obviously we're hoping to reach some new customers through the WC. Some people are a bit scared of jumping straight into shark-infested waters! :wink:

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

sorry daz, i read it that you meant the deadline should be a day before the game! I was thinking an hour should be right..

dingram041
Dumbledore

Post by dingram041 »

That's alright Chris.....I'm really hoping your game takes off Stakesy.....and that The World Cup brings you the extra custom it deserves. I hope people give it at least one punt this year....and just try it out!!! 8-)

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar

Post by chrismar »

I work and will probably do my teams the night before the first round of games for each separate stage. If the deadline is late then team team news is only possibly known for one extra game as it's not like other games with instant transfers. Teams are often announced days in advance anyway so I see it making little difference and i would have no objection keeping it at the one hour before kick off.

Benny's idea is good but might be a bit complex for the average punter and you don't want to scare them off!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Stakes”