To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fantasy Stakes - To make this game big!!! Ideas???

A forum for discussion on Fantasy Stakes
Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Re: Fantasy Stakes - To make this game big!!! Ideas???

Post by Jonathan »

tcf wrote:What the f you doing writing out that essay on your birthday Daz. :D But I do agree.... :wink:
He's on a roll and its great stuff! However, apart from already staying I won't be entering again until the Christmas period, we have a house-full this weekend, so I wont' be entering.

The Jackpot League fee was suggested last year, but it didn't get any further than a suggestion. There are a few threads around for suggestions on how the game could be improved, especially after the end of last season.... take a gander.

dingram041
Dumbledore
FS Record: I've won a lot but proud to have been 7 balled my friend Milan Gajic. RIP xx

Post by dingram041 »

But this thread is now rocking.....and we should put all ideas on here.....which gives Stakesy something to mule over.....
also....we want this game to survive...you must do Jonathan...as you are probably up there as to who really enjoys this game the most......so this is like a bandwagon...to see if we can give Fantasy Stakes a game where all of us...can be proud off...and increase those numbers going in....

Lets see if we can hit the 1,000 mark in the next month...and then try to get to 1,500 as the word gets around.
Every game starts somewhere....and if we don't do something about helping this one out....then we only have ourselves to blame...if we lose it.....

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

Agreed, dingram. Just worth looking at the other threads and then re-post anything you liked here. Stakesy will be loving this - he takes things exactly the right way.

I gotta say, dingram, we haven't chatted much over the years, but your enthusiasm at trying to kick this game up a few gears is inspiring, and I will back it as much as I can. I have been in from day one, and I love it, but I suppose my enthusiasm has been tempered a little by the simple fact of not being able to pick a winning side for weeks and weeks. Last season I was up on the whole deal - this season, I am down, but I will be back!

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving season on season

Post by PNE4PREM »

Don't forget there should be a midweek FS game as well :D :D

Synyster
FISO Knight
FS Record: Won a few prizes here and there..

Post by Synyster »

Trust me if Daz was a part of this he'd be out on the streets naked advertising it if he could. :D C'mon up Stakesy, what's the short-term and long-term plan, as at the mo as I understand it there 'might' be something later in the season, but I'm not sure I'll still be spraying money at it then unless I'm roped into a long term, or semi long term aim.

dingram041
Dumbledore
FS Record: I've won a lot but proud to have been 7 balled my friend Milan Gajic. RIP xx

Post by dingram041 »

Sam...thanks for the facebook video :lol: Wouldn't have put you down as a chippendale matey :wink:

As I've stated above Sam....what we need to do is all just chuck in more teams than normal...even if it's an extra one or 2 teams.....and get this game stable...where as the game itself is making some money to carry on.....which means giving it more time to pull in the punters.....at the moment, with what happened with the jackpot league.....I'm sure Fantasy Stakes made a terrific loss....and yet paid up their dues......and although now in conjunction with The Mirror, has only really about 3 folded from last season.....so isn't it time, to give this game a little bit of support.....and just see where this leads the game.....and yet we can still win every week.....

I want games like this to survive....as it's a good game....and the only thing wrong is the 'massive' prize not on offer....but this would be on offer if the numbers increase....so let's give the game our support and see what 'our' support can do.....and then to see what increase it has made.....

We've had lots of ideas...which can give Stakesy things to ponder over.....and if anyone is fancying having a dip at something this week.....have an extra dip at this game....

Just a quick question to you all....If there was a 5k prize for the best weekly over the season.....what extras would you put in?!?

Same question for a 10k weekly prize? How many teams extra would you put in for this?

Please be serious with this.....each and every week....

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

for me, probably no more than before, but to be fair i do a fair few each week as it is :)

chrispyb
Grumpy Old Man

Post by chrispyb »

I feel that the addition of an end of season prize would certainly bring in the punters. We saw at the later part of last season the numbers nearly doubled as those towards the top battled it out to stay in contention. The regular players also continued to play as the weekly prize pool increased. The sun have introduced a simlar concept with 'high fives' and I am sure that numbers will/have increase as a direct result of this. I am sure that 99% of players that have played the game prefer the format and concept of fantasy stakes, yet far more players are drawn in by the chance of 'winning big' with weekend dream team. I am sure that an achievable jackpot prize would increase the number of players week in and week out, should that be in the format of a Jackpot League or some other jackpot pool that offers a substantial prize.

I know that this would keep me interested and ensure that I was entering teams on a weekly basis.

Stakesy
Treebeard

Post by Stakesy »

Apologies for my absence last couple of days, folks, but thanks for all the comments and the efforts. Dazza, great to have you on board! :D

OK, tcf has asked the right question: short term and long term?

Honest truth is that the long term is uncertain right now. We're doing our best to keep the game going and build it. However, despite mega-advertising in a national newspaper, numbers are still much lower than expected. If we can just get numbers up a bit more then we can start planning ahead and look to develop and bring in lots of new features.

I'm loving the ideas! :D Lucky Dip is a possible (thanks, nigel1305, and good to see you again!) - definitely looking at that, though don't think I'd enjoy it myself :wink: , but the best idea (hail bennyc!) is the one about taking a proportion of the pot and building it up to reward consistent high scores. So obvious really! We're not planning a long way ahead right now with numbers still rather low, but might look at a short-term version. I do agree with chrisharry though, too many 50p add-ons can be confusing or just come across as plain greedy!

Nigel also hits the nail on the head with the poker comparison. All poker sites (and, dare I say it, all the annual fantasy football games) exist on a number of small punters providing dead money. FS hasn't been able to attract these kind of people in enough numbers so far.
12345678 wrote:i seem to remember you doing it with a website before when it all went wrong (which was a real shame as i won it :lol: ) but if you got the prizes on deposit surely it would be worth someones money for the paper advertising?

can't help feeling a 'fanball type game' would work in the grauniad, but then you tried that and it disappeared after one year!
Andy, re above, not sure what you mean? We haven't done anything before Fantasy Stakes. :?:

Anyway, before this turns into an unreadable uber-post, thanks again for all the contributions. We're doing everything we can to find ways of attracting big and small punters to help us get to sufficient numbers and your help with this is greatly appreciated.

Good luck with your teams this weekend everyone,

Stakesy

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

hi stakesy,

no not referring to fantasy stakes, i meant when clever.tv ran a times comp years ago to do with euro goalscorers.

hope that clears it up.

probably before your time.

all the best,

andy

nigel1305
Grumpy Old Hand
FS Record: Never Ever Feel Inferior

Post by nigel1305 »

Hi Stakesy,

Thanks for your feedback on my thoughts.

I have been impressed with the presentation skills and professionalism of you guys throughout the development and operation of FS and wish you lots of luck for the future. I am sure things will pick up for you soon.

Kindest regards

Nigel

Ps: I assume you are still considering my gyrating hippo idea. It is a longshot but it might just work :D 8-)

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

nigel,

you do realise that is darren inside (one of his outfits) who runs an unprofitable strippergram business don't you?

that one being the hippogram obviously

andy

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

Post by bennyc »

12345678 wrote:nigel,

you do realise that is darren inside (one of his outfits) who runs an unprofitable strippergram business don't you?

andy

:lol:

dingram041
Dumbledore

Post by dingram041 »

12345678 wrote:nigel,

andy
Top bombing :) I might have been on a diet, but I haven't lost that much :wink: Alright, after all my talk....unfortunately didn't have time to put any teams in myself, so hands up there, with my birthday and other games, just was a big week for me....but will make up for it midweek :) I don't want to think I'm not a man of my word....so will stick in some midweek....wish I did have time....as I really think I could have scooped the lot this week :mrgreen: Obviously no Defoe or Drogba is the way to go this week :lol:

Stakesy, I will be supporting this game totally...as I really feel it's that good a product and really happy you've took time to look at all the ideas...as you've said, let us fund the prize money with the added stakes....Benny was spot on the money with that one.....
I really feel that's the way to go.....but you must know...with Xmas around the corner and the recession, you need to just get past Xmas...before it picks up again......
All ideas here really should be for next season which gives you time to set up...and gives us all a fresh impetus to look at for then. I would rather put in extras to fund a weekly seasonal prize than to put it on for GIYH i.e. a £5k or £10k prize funded by us throughout the season with add ons....as for a £1k prize (usually split), wouldn't appeal to me at all. I also think that this has to be part of the game....i.e. you can win the weekly but MUST enter it for the weekly season prize....so let's say you get the 700 playing now (that would be £350 at 50p per stake)....so am thinking that with around 35-36 full weeks throughout the season....you could be looking at over 10k so would think the £5k prize would be more feasible at first.

I think next season with these ideas and communication, you should post any ideas here before launching anything to see how it would go down....would just bring in the trust of us on the FISO website....and communication is such an important part and you have your own thread here to see the pitfalls on everything before launching. What I will do will stay impartial to the users and to yourself and see both sides. It's ok saying 'bring back the jackpot league' (like I did :lol: - because I wanted your money :lol: ) for instance...but you made such a loss on that only because you didn't have the numbers to support it.... let's just us have a game that we can enjoy and you run one with a nice profit coming in.

Already communication and the experience of FISO has brought you Benny's great idea...none of us wish to see you make a loss.....we just want a great game where by all parties are happy....we can win some good money...and you make a healthy profit with your game.....I really hope we both succeed.

See you midweek :wink:

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

Post by bennyc »

Stakesy

I would run the idea that I proposed for the second half of the season from Jan 9th.

I would propose a seperate £2 league where everybody who enters is aware that 50% of the pot will be a weekly prize and 50% goes to an end of season pot.

Individual entries are not limited on a weekly basis but only one score per game week counts towards the end of season prize.

The following suggestions may prove controversial but.........

Scrap the 100k prize if it's costing you money - it is doing you more harm than good. Potential players of your game will see that and think 'he's having a laugh because it's impossible to win'.

How much money have you got set aside for grand in your hand liabilities? Is it worth scrapping GIYH and sticking it all towards an end of season prise? Alternatively award a grand at the end of the season to the highest individual score of the campaign.

Get The Mirror to market this game properly for you! Next season get them to include you in any team bundles they offer (like what The Sun do with WDT). Get them to stump up some cash for a prize if they are not already.

Lastly I really admire you for what you're trying to do. It's a cracking game and you come on here and despite the criticism (99% of which is meant constructively which is testament to you) you answer honestly and openly.

I wish you the best of luck in making the game more profitable - I'll keep playing that's for sure BUT I would chuck more cash in if there was a big pot of gold at the end of the rainbow :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Stakes”