To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Serious Mirror Fantasy Football Error

A Fantasy Football forum for news on the fantasy football game promoted by The Mirror and Racing Post newspapers which used to be called: You The Manager (YTM)
tm248
Kevin and Perry

Serious Mirror Fantasy Football Error

Post by tm248 »

Hello guys,

I posted last week about a transfer error I had suffered from, whilst playing the Mirror Fantasy Football game. Essentially, after making early transfers in some teams, I lost a large chunk of my transfer allocation (one team dropped 10 transfers after I made two). I complained about this several times, and only received a response today, after numerous emails and phone calls. The person I spoke to (Scott) informed me that the error happened as the result of multiple browser windows, and that I would not be-able to get my transfers back. This has, understandably irritated me, especially because a few of the teams involved are in a leading position for a £500 monthly prize, and may have been, depending on progress, for the £5000 monthly prize. Scott also informed me, rather interestingly, that no one else had complained re. the error. However, I know this to be false, because I've had correspondence with another FISO member who has also been affected, and who has emailed.

I just wanted to let all players know, in case you have or could have been, affected in the future. I also wondered, if anyone else had complained, as I am making a formal complaint, and would like to know.

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Re: Serious Mirror Fantasy Football Error

Post by wld »

I had exactly the same problem and am still waiting for a proper answer from them around 10 days on. Not holding out much hope to be honest but I would have thought it would be quite simple to reinstate the transfers lost.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

I had a problem a couple of years ago with TFC also run by GFM which they blamed on having several windows open for different teams at the same time. Although on that occasion they sorted it out. So the moral of the story seems to be to make sure that you only have the one browser window open when doing YTM, or whatever the Mirror call their game this season.

However as long as they know how the transfers "disappeared", it would be totally unreasonable not to reinstate them.

From a number things that I'm hearing, I'm guessing that the real problem is that GFM staff are under pressure from running additional games this season. The company either hasn't taken on sufficient additional staff, or haven't had time to train them properly. That's just a guess to which the GFM guy who presumably looks at fiso occasionally for punter reaction might like to respond.

tm248
Kevin and Perry

Post by tm248 »

Thanks guys. Yeah, I can't really understand the basis for not reinstating them...the person I spoke to (Scott), told me it was not possible based on their system, after earlier telling me in a conversation that only the IT department could reinstate transfers.

I've made a formal complaint in writing, so I shall post an update when I receive one.

Methane on Titan
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Methane on Titan »

In a nutshell

Always look both ways when crossing the road

Don't blow dry your hair whilst in the bath

Never dare be cheeky to your grannie

Most importantly, don't open loads of windows whilst making transfers. :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Mirror Fantasy Football”