To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 1 winners

A forum for news and comment on The Sun's Dream Team weekly games.
Claretbruni
Cheetah

Week 1 winners

Post by Claretbruni »

Hi.
Hope someone can help.
Luckily I won week one with a prize of £10,000.
I received a confirmation email 4 weeks later. 2 weeks after that I was interviewed over the phone which was subsequently printed on the website.
However, after 2 months I still haven't received my cheque.
I have sent many emails and spoke to various people and am still waiting to hear a definite answer on when I will receive my winnings.
So, my question is, has anybody else been paid out for any of the weekly competitions?
Thanks

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Re: Week 1 winners

Post by Ashers »

Yes for last season, but that was a slightly different weekly game.

This season, I've received my email confirming my prize but says it will be 28 days from last week.

As you are the first weeks winner, I doubt anyone has been paid if you haven't.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Nice win Claret, there's a few on here with Dave Watkins (seems to be a high figure in Dream team) email address and to be fair he does seem to reply to their queries if sometimes a little slow.

Complete joke though, you should have been paid out by now it must leave your win with somewhat of a sour note.

Claretbruni
Cheetah

Post by Claretbruni »

I wouldn't mind if they told me that they haven't posted the cheque or if they have when it was posted but nobody seems to be able to do that.
It has certainly taken the edge off the win

Claretbruni
Cheetah

Post by Claretbruni »

Can anyone let me have Dave Watkins email address??

Stoneybatter
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd & 4th YTM (05/06), 6th YTM (07/08) Won Feb monthly YTM (08/09) Won Dreamteam Grand Finale (2011) 12th Dreamteam Euros (2012) 20th Dreamteam (12/13) Won Dreamteam Nov monthly (13/14) Won Dreamteam Weekly (14/15)

Post by Stoneybatter »

Sent you a pm, check your inbox. If a 10k winner is getting the run around like this, what chance have the thousands who have won £25 :roll:

Claretbruni
Cheetah

Post by Claretbruni »

Cheers.I'll let you know if they get back to me.

Suarez's Bite
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Suarez's Bite »

This is an outrage.

Seriously, how f***** hard is it to write a cheque?
You can do it in less than a minute, you should not be running around for over 2 months trying to get the money.
I think the gambling complaints commission should know about this.

I don't know why they can't make a credit payment to the card you have registered with them ?
They're very quick to take your money electronically, but very slow to give you any winnings back via the archaic payment method of cheques?

Disgrace.

Claretbruni
Cheetah

Post by Claretbruni »

Dave finally got in touch this morning and said he would pass it in to someone for investigation.
Seems to be what everyone is telling me!!

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Got a £5 cheque from the Telegraph in a minor game after a week and the letter said sorry for the delay.

Claretbruni
Cheetah

Post by Claretbruni »

So, sent a strong letter to various Sun email addresses I have been in touch with over the last 2 months.
Just got this reply

Hi Mark

The issue of this payment being stuck in our system for approval has now been resolved and I just need my manager to sign this off.

I will get this signed off this week and make sure your cheque is sent out at the earliest possible time next week.

Really sorry this is taking so long

Thanks

Will Martin
Audience Development Executive - The Sun
Marketing & Sales

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Would now be asking for payment by BACS and some free credits.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SDT weekly games”