To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 31

A forum for news and comment on The Sun's Dream Team weekly games.
Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

Re: Week 31

Post by Edmondson »

They'll change that. Won't they :shock:

Jagduracell
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd TFF World Cup 2014, 8th in TFF Fantasy Lions and a few TFF and TFC weekly wins

Post by Jagduracell »

Edmondson wrote:They'll change that. Won't they :shock:
Would hope so!

(for your sake :wink: )

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

I've popped an email off.

Long shot, need those 5 points, the Robertson clean, then another Belgium clean.

And no other major points hauls...... :?

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Points added now.

Jagduracell
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd TFF World Cup 2014, 8th in TFF Fantasy Lions and a few TFF and TFC weekly wins

Post by Jagduracell »

I could do with fletcher and chiriches doing some damage tomorrow but am too far back on 90 points

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

sleuth wrote:
AS OF 27/03/2015

POSITION

OF 8539
Was this a copy at the time of entering or sometime yesterday?

Mine says X out of 9146 (where have the other 607 sides come from)?

Jagduracell
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jagduracell »

Yes, that is curious/suspicious. There were definitely only about 8500 after Fridays games as I remember thinking how low the turn out was so would be interested to know how 600-ish teams entered after the deadline.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Zimmerman wrote:
sleuth wrote:
AS OF 27/03/2015

POSITION

OF 8539
Was this a copy at the time of entering or sometime yesterday?

Mine says X out of 9146 (where have the other 607 sides come from)?

Very interesting point and yes I had 3 teams with that position as all had 11 plaoyers to play. It never tells you how many teams are entered until the first update and this was obviously after the first update after games had been completed and marked.

My other two teams had scored 4 points from Skrtel and had 10 players to play each. I do recall those two teams even with 4 points each were still only about position 8,200 and I was thinking I'm suprised more managers have not entered more belg based teams.

I also was thinking how many eff idiots stuck in the England eleven including Kane. If England were to win 36-0 u gotta realise you would be sharing the prize with around 20 or do other doughnuts.

grizzler
FISOhead

Post by grizzler »

I was actually hoping people would fall into a Scottish midfielder trap. I remember around 4 Scottish midfielders listed and was hoping people would pick all of them after seeing they're playing Gibraltar, not knowing that out of them only Anya is likely to play.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

:shock:

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Should be more of an atmosphere than usual at the Emirates stadium today. Good luck to those with chance of winning.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Just hoping for a Ronaldo show to give my team a chance.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Cheers Scotland

Wrong scorer for the first goal and now they have conceded.

Scotland 1-1 Gibraltar (Maloney)

kennyboy28
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Winner Daily Record Fantasy Football 2006/07

Post by kennyboy28 »

Scotland will win comfortably but they don't do things easily

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

kennyboy28 wrote:Scotland will win comfortably but they don't do things easily
4-1 now and Fletcher and Naismith both scoring should spice up the league.

grizzler
FISOhead

Post by grizzler »

Ashers wrote:4-1 now and Fletcher and Naismith both scoring should spice up the league.
My biggest fear right now is Strachan subbing them for Rhodes at half-time. I need more than two goals between them.

Jagduracell
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jagduracell »

Well I have a Fletcher, Dzeko, Ibra front line with 5 defenders that haven't conceded (yet) but unfortunately not too many points from my midfield.

kennyboy28
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Winner Daily Record Fantasy Football 2006/07

Post by kennyboy28 »

Good news for you then with that hat trick

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

grizzler wrote:
Ashers wrote:4-1 now and Fletcher and Naismith both scoring should spice up the league.
My biggest fear right now is Strachan subbing them for Rhodes at half-time. I need more than two goals between them.
Fletcher hat trick work for you?

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

sleuth wrote:
grizzler wrote:I got a Spain block with the following front 6:

Hazard
De Bruyne
Anya
Dzeko
Naismith
Fletcher

I hope Dzeko gets a hatrick against Andorra tonight. De Bruyne is on fire for Wolfsburg so hopefully he'll play the same way for Belgium as he has 2 games, and Hazard is Hazard. In Scotland's midweek game I noticed Anya is very impressive and likes a shot at goal, I think he'll score against Gibraltar tomorrow. As for Naismith and Fletcher, I know Scotland aren't known for their goals but if I didn't put in the 2 strikers who are playing Gibraltar I'll never forgive myself.
:lol: :lol: :lol: exactly on my length you old codger.

AS OF 27/03/2015

POSITION

OF 8539

textList View

Courtois, T

Kompany, V

Vertonghen, J

Robertson, A

Alderweireld, T

Hazard, E

De Bruyne, K

Anya, I

Dzeko, E

Fletcher, S

Naismith, S

that's my first team with your front 6 for exactly the same reasons.( its not often you see a black player playing for Scotland and it sticks in my mind)

two other Belgium based ( 9 players although slightly different with Naismith and fletcher in one team each partnering Origi up front.

another 8 based Belgs with the two scots and origi up front.

and my last team I tried to change. I spent too much money having 6 belgs with siggy in midfield, Chiriches at the back and up front Naismith, Dzeko and Muller but it went over budget by 1.5 mio.

I was gonna chuck out Muller to accommodate Zlatan up front and get a cheaper defender but it was 7.44 pm now so just hastily stuck in Robertson for chiriches and left Muller in under budget.

I think I could of stuck Ibram in instead of Muller and kept Chiriches but as it was 1 min till close I didn't check to see if it fitted.

in saying all that shit Strachan will probably play Rhodes now instead of Fletcher + Naismith to start.

Must have a chance with Belgium to go again...might need DeBruyne to chip in?

Jagduracell
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jagduracell »

My best chance is this:

Courtois
P Jones
Chiriches
Alderweireld
Juanfran
Hazard
Silva
De Bruyne
Fletcher
Ibra
Dzeko

Reckon that a Belgium CS in the next game would probably actually hurt me only having 2 defenders

grizzler
FISOhead

Post by grizzler »

Now my biggest fear is actually Sleuth. If Belgium keep another clean sheet I have no chance of winning as we have the same front 6. I'll be hoping for an Israel goal (or hopefully two) on Tuesday.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Edmondson wrote:
sleuth wrote:
grizzler wrote:
Unfortunately, Belgium having another clean sheet will wipe out any chance you have.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Edmondson wrote:
sleuth wrote:
grizzler wrote:I got a Spain block with the following front 6:

Hazard
De Bruyne
Anya
Dzeko
Naismith
Fletcher

I hope Dzeko gets a hatrick against Andorra tonight. De Bruyne is on fire for Wolfsburg so hopefully he'll play the same way for Belgium as he has 2 games, and Hazard is Hazard. In Scotland's midweek game I noticed Anya is very impressive and likes a shot at goal, I think he'll score against Gibraltar tomorrow. As for Naismith and Fletcher, I know Scotland aren't known for their goals but if I didn't put in the 2 strikers who are playing Gibraltar I'll never forgive myself.
:lol: :lol: :lol: exactly on my length you old codger.

AS OF 27/03/2015

POSITION

OF 8539

textList View

Courtois, T

Kompany, V

Vertonghen, J

Robertson, A

Alderweireld, T

Hazard, E

De Bruyne, K

Anya, I

Dzeko, E

Fletcher, S

Naismith, S

that's my first team with your front 6 for exactly the same reasons.( its not often you see a black player playing for Scotland and it sticks in my mind)

two other Belgium based ( 9 players although slightly different with Naismith and fletcher in one team each partnering Origi up front.

another 8 based Belgs with the two scots and origi up front.

and my last team I tried to change. I spent too much money having 6 belgs with siggy in midfield, Chiriches at the back and up front Naismith, Dzeko and Muller but it went over budget by 1.5 mio.

I was gonna chuck out Muller to accommodate Zlatan up front and get a cheaper defender but it was 7.44 pm now so just hastily stuck in Robertson for chiriches and left Muller in under budget.

I think I could of stuck Ibram in instead of Muller and kept Chiriches but as it was 1 min till close I didn't check to see if it fitted.

in saying all that shit Strachan will probably play Rhodes now instead of Fletcher + Naismith to start.

not a chance.

2 teams in the top 50 before tonights points added have Fletcher.

team in 24th Bringloe Utd LOOKS UNBEATABLE. by my reckoning will have 133 with 7 Belgs to play

Belgium defence and Hazard, Fellaini & Benteke ( who I believed was injured according to eff Sherwood) :evil:

our teams wont even be in the top 50 .

Jagduracell
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jagduracell »

Well I'm 7th with Hazard, De Bruyne, Alderweireld and Courtois to play but dont think that will be enough

Jagduracell
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jagduracell »

Well nobody above me has De Bruyne so a 2-1 win with a brace from him would have me interested....

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Jagduracell wrote:Well nobody above me has De Bruyne so a 2-1 win with a brace from him would have me interested....
I wouldn't lose any sleep dreaming mate as I think your well covered.

it's a two horse race between Bringloe Utd who I already said ( and is still fav) and Matthew Hully, who probably deserves the weekly for having 3 teams currently in the top 13 with 1 game to play.

Bringloe has the Belg back 4, Hazard, Fellaini and Benteke with 129
Hullys Banana Grove 4 ( 2 pts behind you, but with 8 to play) has the same 7 as Bringloe but also has De Bryne.

realistically he needs a clean sheet and De Bryne goal to overhaul the 8 pts.

the only other scenario to upset this applecart is if Origi plays and scores at least 2 goals but as Benteke is fit and they have other strikers not in the weekly more likely to play I don't think that's a starter.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Where are the ratings anyway for yesterdays games. Nothing on the bloody website :evil:

think Robertson and Naismith both merited a 7 fwiw but I know neither did as I used those players .
Last edited by sleuth on 30 Mar 2015, 12:18, edited 2 times in total.

Jagduracell
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jagduracell »

sleuth wrote:
Jagduracell wrote:Well nobody above me has De Bruyne so a 2-1 win with a brace from him would have me interested....
I wouldn't lose any sleep dreaming mate as I think your well covered.

it's a two horse race between Bringloe Utd who I already said ( and is still fav) and Matthew Hully, who probably deserves the weekly for having 3 teams currently in the top 13 with 1 game to play.

Bringloe has the Belg back 4, Hazard, Fellaini and Benteke with 129
Hullys Banana Grove 4 ( 2 pts behind you, but with 8 to play) has the same 7 as Bringloe but also has De Bryne.

realistically he needs a clean sheet and De Bryne goal to overhaul the 8 pts.

the only other scenario to upset this applecart is if Origi plays and scores at least 2 goals but as Benteke is fit and they have other strikers not in the weekly more likely to play I don't think that's a starter.

Yeah, unfortunately I think your right. Would take a massive fluke of scoreline/ratings for me to stand a chance. Just need Belgium conceding, De Bruyne to score a couple and get starman and no other Belgians to get a rating. Don't need much do I!

kid kongo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by kid kongo »

.....lots of very accomplished players playing this game and to win it you really have to hit the perfect storm.....and hope one of the others hasn't!!

Best team in 28th on 113pts.....only player who really failed was Gotze with 2pts.....you stick a Bale or Fellaini in for him and you've got a shout but you need that perfect hit to win this weekly game.....tough school!!

Best of luck Jag....great effort!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SDT weekly games”