To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 23 Weak!

A forum for news and comment on The Sun's Dream Team weekly games.
Backlash
Dumbledore

Week 23 Weak!

Post by Backlash »

Went heavy on Chelsea and City blocks today....so no doing too well, I have a Palace block with not much else :?
Anyone off to a flyer?

kennyboy28
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Winner Daily Record Fantasy Football 2006/07

Re: Week 23 Weak!

Post by kennyboy28 »

In short.... NO.

Like yourself I wasn't expecting Chelsea to concede today so didn't do too well in defence.

Hazard, Defoe and Kane in a couple of teams but won't be anywhere near the top, that's for sure.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Expect there to be lots of Southampton blocks.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

30th now I'm with five teams. Need Schneiderlin,tadic and aguero to score something as regretting picking them at the moment.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Some chance if Tadic had scored that last minute try.
Forster, F7Terry, J8Clyne, N5Yoshida, M5Fonte, J8Schneiderlin, M1Tadic, D2Mane, S15Aguero, S0Berahino, S0Kane, H24

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

bloggie wrote:Some chance if Tadic had scored that last minute try.
Forster, F7Terry, J8Clyne, N5Yoshida, M5Fonte, J8Schneiderlin, M1Tadic, D2Mane, S15Aguero, S0Berahino, S0Kane, H24

So if Tadic had scored, would you have made top 50 Bloggie? :mrgreen:

bloggie
Dumbledore

Post by bloggie »

sleuth wrote:
bloggie wrote:Some chance if Tadic had scored that last minute try.

So if Tadic had scored, would you have made top 50 Bloggie? :mrgreen:
Got 133 so Hazard instead of Scneidy would"ve got second. :) The winner had Ings and Hazard both star manned. The tactic of relying on schneiderlin and tadic to get at least 5 from both games failed especially when they don't even start.

bloggie
Dumbledore

Post by bloggie »

Out of interest was there place prizes this week? The t & c's only mention there is if it's a bonus week.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

bloggie wrote:Out of interest was there place prizes this week? The t & c's only mention there is if it's a bonus week.
Didn't see anything about a place this week, good effort though you seem to have this game sorted :wink:
Best of 111 points this week :cry:

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

9th this week. 4 points from combined Di Maria & RVP over 2 games, one at home to Burnley, pretty much killed any chance. Guy who finished 3rd must be kicking himself - pretty much nailed it but his split Saints/Chelsea defence opted for Courtois instead of Forster. A decision which cost him £5k

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Nabby wrote:9th this week. 4 points from combined Di Maria & RVP over 2 games, one at home to Burnley, pretty much killed any chance. Guy who finished 3rd must be kicking himself - pretty much nailed it but his split Saints/Chelsea defence opted for Courtois instead of Forster. A decision which cost him £5k

I cannot fathom how anyone thinks they were unlucky when anyone of most of the teams in the top 50 could of won if only they changed one player.

Kane, Ings, Forster, a 10 point plus midfielder etc etc etc.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

In answer to ur reply Nabby that you have since deleted.

Your talking absolute bollocks.

The guy in 1st cud easily of picked COUTINHO instead of Sterling
The Guy in second could of easily picked Milner, or Coutinho or dozens of others instead of Silva.
One idiot in 4th picked eff Betrand FFS who was banned. Imagine if he stuck in Yoshida.
The other guy in 4th had Carzola - nil points, imagine he had Walcott or a host of 8 point midfielders.
Plenty of teams cud of picked Green or Speroni FFS
The list is endless

ZARCH behind you feels a Bellend as he picked Wellbeck, when a Kane or Ings would of won it too.

Go through all the teams there's loads that were 1 player off on a balanced side too.
Last edited by sleuth on 12 Feb 2015, 23:06, edited 2 times in total.

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

Back up to 2nd in the seasonal after finishing 33rd this week but the leader Mr Knowles is Mr Consistent that's for sure.

If anyone is due a bad week or 2 its him :twisted:

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

I deleted because I didn't want to have an argument with you. But as you persist.

Agreed the guy who came first could have picked Coutinho or perhaps Gerrard or perhaps Lallana or perhaps Markovic. He could have actually picked any Midfielder.
The guy who came third however, having settled on his split block of Southampton/Chelsea only had a choice of Courtois or Forster. All I'm saying is he had a head or tails situation and got unlucky.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Nabby wrote:I deleted because I didn't want to have an argument with you. But as you persist.

Agreed the guy who came first could have picked Coutinho or perhaps Gerrard or perhaps Lallana or perhaps Markovic. He could have actually picked any Midfielder.
The guy who came third however, having settled on his split block of Southampton/Chelsea only had a choice of Courtois or Forster. All I'm saying is he had a head or tails situation and got unlucky.
Go thru the first 20 teams. Any of them cud of won if one player different with the same logic. One guy had 3 Soton defenders, Forster, Clyne, Fonte. He stuck in Rose, why not Yoshida. :|

The list is endless.
40 at lleast hard luck stories out of the top 50. Not one or two.

That's a fact.

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

personally I don't blame my choices, I blame the players I pick :wink: :lol:

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Nabby wrote:I deleted because I didn't want to have an argument with you. But as you persist.

He got unlucky :shock: :shock: :shock: Spin of a coin :shock: :shock:

The guy in 4th could picked Fonte or Yoshida instead of BERTRAND who was serving a 3 game ban that was well publicised, to go with Forster and Clyne who he had picked. :?

That wasn't spin of a coin that was plain eff Stupid and he deserves what he got

Fack - all !

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SDT weekly games”