To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

THE BIG BALLS BETTING AND BANTER THREAD

A Forum for discussion and comment on Sun Dream Team Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games
ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

THE BIG BALLS BETTING AND BANTER THREAD

Post by ronny10 »

ODDS SUPPLIED BY DODGY RON'S BOOKMAKERS.

BYRO 6/4
The current 'joint' champion of Dreamteam and worthy favourite, however, rumours are rife he may have been sidetracked over the summer break and is still living life in the fast lane! preparation may not have been ideal so far but his pedigree should still see him a tough nut to crack and likely to get stronger the further into the season he gets. Every chance.

STRIKER 3/1
3rd last season and winner of 'Late' league, its not often we see a leaderboard without this mans name on it, 3/1 could look a big price in a few months time and of all the runners definitely offers the most consistency. Sure to offer punters a good run for there money, must go close.

RONNY 4/1 (NAP)
A mystery that this guy has never won the big one and in a field this small has to have every chance of picking up the prize, ran well in 'lates' last season before fading along with spurs, there is no doubting he has the tools required its just a case of trying to work out how to use them!, Probable winner.

Gutshot 5/1
High finishes in main game and 'lates' with multiple teams and cleared up in many mini-leagues, slight doubts over suitability to a 1 team league but must give a good account based on last season and early indications are he's had a solid preseason with no distractions. Sure to challenge.

CBN 6/1
Riding high for all of last season until the very end, some stories have since emerged over the summer about unrest in the camp over some decisions made towards the end of last season and its bound to have some negative effect. Still, can't be discounted but possibly to short in the betting to be lumping on with uncertainty still surrounding the camp. Watch.

LeeThomas 8/1
The BLT, rarely shows up over the longer format but given his capability over the short games the bookies are taking no chances, likely front runner but with massive stamina doubts. Should show well, till October.

Blademan 8/1
Another who does well at the shorter games and another with doubts over his '1 team' pedigree. Worse still are the pictures coming out preseason that clearly show he has no respect for the opposition or himself, barely being able to stand let alone compile a competitive Dreamteam. Leave alone.

Madchester 8/1
Led last seasons main game for 37 minutes and showed well in 'lates', many believe those '37 mins of glory' changed him and could be seen most evenings making public appearances in various outlets looking for anyone that might want an autograph. If he's still not riding that roller coaster then he has to be considered.

Yorkshire exile 10/1
This season brings in a a new breed of FF players from other formats based on the new Dreamteam format, 'telegraph' players! showed up well in last seasons game and given the similarities of both game now he has to be a danger to the Dreamteam journeymen. Interesting.

Sim 10/1
Like the Exile has often shown up well on other formats and the bookies are reluctant to take to many chances with him, EW chance at these odds

Kid Kongo 12/1
Not been seen on the leaderboards for a while but history says this veteran can't be discounted, still not certain he has come to terms with the new rules yet but every chance if he has. Housewives favourite.

Edmondson 12/1
Another who after a few seasons of good efforts seems to have gone off the radar for punters, another who on his day is very capable but others look more likely, Sure to have some backers.

Martynwood 14/1
Shown well in other games before and has the tools to put in a good performance, serious doubts over his full participation though given last seasons disappearance in the weekly league. offers a decent EW chance should he decide not to take a 5 month winter break!

Iksh 16/1
Upcoming name and showing he could have all the tools required, success already in the shorter formats and likely to improve over time in the main game, one to watch.

Billy Stark 16/1
another of the field to come from a 'telegraph' background and with reasonable success, can't be discounted on that basis but surely against a field full of dreamteam experience could well struggle

Biddles 16/1
Another unknown quantity at this level but did show up well in the euro's so obviously has ability, supplemented for this so stable must have confidence but do the punters!

Drdes 16/1
This outsider could well prove a shrewd bet for some punters, not one the field could take to seriously and it may be to their detriment

Robert Wadlow 20/1
This centurian is starting to show his age but still mixing it with some of FF finest, possibly not his game but likes to take his chance in the big leagues so why not.

RickyRosa 25/1
Punters will steer clear of this one based on his negative EV, his strat and his self confessed confidence/arrogance, surely out of his depth here but a win could spell the end of FISO for many!!!

Backlash 33/1
Success at the short format but cant be considered in this, useless in any game lasting more than 3 days and easily scratched from your list. Avoid totally.

Mod Dog 50/1
Last years sky winner but given that achievement he has less chance than Backlash at winning this and he would probably tell you that himself. Likely to give up in September and focus on other games, NO HOPER
Last edited by ronny10 on 03 Aug 2017, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Solid

Re: THE BIG BALLS BETTING AND BANTER THREAD

Post by gutshot »

Brilliant stuff mate :lol: :lol: :lol: let battle commence :twisted:

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

50/1 bit generous IMO 😂

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

Good write up and summary though enjoyed it

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Great write up ron

Odds look bang on.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Amusing write up, sh*t prices. Most bookies run a book that is maybe 20% over round, "Very Dodgy" Ronnie's is way over 100% over round. At this very moment I'm drafting a letter to both ABB & IBAS.

On a slightly more serious note, I don't think that anyone in this field, except possibly the apparently perrenially unlucky
( :wink: or :shock: ?) Ronnie, should be less than 6/1. Incidentally you over-state my history, adequate though it might be in some other FF games, until I fluked third in the Dreamteam's 2014 World Cup game, I usually didn't play Dreamteam, as I was crap at games involving windows, so the previous winner comment is completely wrong, unfortunately.

At your prices my spondules, (assuming that like Honest Canary Yellow you accept Fiso currency), would be on Yorkie. Given sufficient financial incentive and the new(ish) post window transfer rules, he may well transfer his TFF competence to this game.

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

Post by Edmondson »

£5 CBN on the nose and a quid each way on Ricky Rosa just in case.

Will be interesting to see that listing matched against an end of September mini league table :P

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Striker wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 14:02 Amusing write up, sh*t prices. Most bookies run a book that is maybe 20% over round, "Very Dodgy" Ronnie's is way over 100% over round. At this very moment I'm drafting a letter to both ABB & IBAS.

On a slightly more serious note, I don't think that anyone in this field, except possibly the apparently perrenially unlucky
( :wink: or :shock: ?) Ronnie, should be less than 6/1. Incidentally you over-state my history, adequate though it might be in some other FF games, until I fluked third in the Dreamteam's 2014 World Cup game, I usually didn't play Dreamteam, as I was crap at games involving windows, so the previous winner comment is completely wrong, unfortunately.

At your prices my spondules, (assuming that like Honest Canary Yellow you accept Fiso currency), would be on Yorkie. Given sufficient financial incentive and the new(ish) post window transfer rules, he may well transfer his TFF competence to this game.
Yeah not sure why I had you as a previous winner think I briefly confused you with Mr Gridley. :shock: edited to correct but odds remain the same however

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Edmondson wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 14:09 £5 CBN on the nose and a quid each way on Ricky Rosa just in case.

Will be interesting to see that listing matched against an end of September mini league table :P
I imagine it will be spot on. Dodgy Ron rarely gets it wrong

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

Brilliant write up Ronny :lol: Roll on the 12th of August (or the 11th) for some :wink:

P.s I've heard there is gonna be an article in the Sun this Saturday about this years dreamteamers that done well. 😉 Might be worth a read...

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Striker knows fantasy fitba :wink:

I'm just pleased I got a shorter price than billy stark. Given his top 30 ish finish last year he will be fking fuming. :lol:

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 14:39 Striker knows fantasy fitba :wink:

I'm just pleased I got a shorter price than billy stark. Given his top 30 ish finish last year he will be fking fuming. :lol:
Dodgy Ron knows his stuff and clearly sees yourself as the bigger threat :lol:

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

As long as I finish above you it'll be worth every penny :twisted:

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Biddles32 wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 14:31 Brilliant write up Ronny :lol: Roll on the 12th of August (or the 11th) for some :wink:

P.s I've heard there is gonna be an article in the Sun this Saturday about this years dreamteamers that done well. 😉 Might be worth a read...
Could this result in a flood of money on yourself. Perhaps the shredded are already piling in :shock:

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Billy Stark wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 14:51

Match bet odds available

Exile 4/6
Billy 5/4

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

ronny10 wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 14:53
Billy Stark wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 14:51

Match bet odds available

Exile 4/6
Billy 5/4
:lol:

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: mini cup winner, joint top overall Euro phase winner 15/16, runner up fiso weekly league 15/16 16/17 weekly winner 16/17 2k head to head winner 16/17 fiso iso league winner 16/17 lwdt hardly mr average winner 16/17

Post by leethomas »

great write up ronny, my odds are very very genorous, id put me down closer to backlash, in fact danny at 33s, cracking price, ill have 50 on that !!! In fact sod it, make it a quid :D

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Solid

Post by gutshot »

leethomas wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 17:30 great write up ronny, my odds are very very genorous, id put me down closer to backlash, in fact danny at 33s, cracking price, ill have 50 on that !!! In fact sod it, make it a quid :D
:lol:

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Fkin fuming indeed!

Us Welsh boyos always do well as the underdog.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

leethomas wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 17:30 great write up ronny, my odds are very very genorous, id put me down closer to backlash, in fact danny at 33s, cracking price, ill have 50 on that !!! In fact sod it, make it a quid :D

Don't waste your money mate, a scratch-card is surely a better investment.

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

RickyRosa wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 18:33 Fkin fuming indeed!

Us Welsh boyos always do well as the underdog...isenit!!
:)

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

6/1? I assume that includes giving you all 20 start?

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

A relatively poor Euro comp was your downfall Neil.
I predict these odds being smashed apart late September when dodgy Ron returns :D

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Backlash wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 18:44

I predict these odds being smashed apart late September when dodgy Ron returns :D
Did he enter :shock:

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: mini cup winner, joint top overall Euro phase winner 15/16, runner up fiso weekly league 15/16 16/17 weekly winner 16/17 2k head to head winner 16/17 fiso iso league winner 16/17 lwdt hardly mr average winner 16/17

Post by leethomas »

ronny10 wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 20:36
Backlash wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 18:44

Did he enter :shock:
Im not racist in the slightest but surely a welshman should be at least 100s :D

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man

Post by leethomas »

I mean........ Apart from leighton rees and ...............
Leightin rees ..... What have the welsh ever....... Ray reardon, was he welsh :?

You know im messin with ya ricky, i once went to abersoch :P ...... Good luck :D

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

leethomas wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 21:43 I mean........ Apart from leighton rees and ...............
Leightin rees ..... What have the welsh ever....... Ray reardon, was he welsh :?

You know im messin with ya ricky, i once went to abersoch :P ...... Good luck :D
Max Boyce,he was welsh,a famous comedian in the 70s when i was a little kid.
Used to carry a giant leek around with him......isenit!! :)

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

is there a price on Ron blowing the 4k on prostitutes and crystal meth?

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-
too many bbm wins to remember :-)

Post by the-postman »

I can see the dog contacting his lawyers at those odds..poor chap :|

the top two made a smooth transition over from old dt to the effin mess they created last summer but the odds are a bit miserly to say the least mark 8-)

3/1 the field with only one team each

fiver each way on danny to come up trumps and maybe then he can get rid of that shocking avatar :wink:

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

the-postman wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 23:46 I can see the dog contacting his lawyers at those odds..poor chap :|

the top two made a smooth transition over from old dt to the effin mess they created last summer but the odds are a bit miserly to say the least mark 8-)

3/1 the field with only one team each

fiver each way on danny to come up trumps and maybe then he can get rid of that shocking avatar :wink:
50/1 is ok with me, after all sun game is a bit of a lottery not a real skill game like sky 🎣

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sun Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games”