To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Elite League Hall of Fame

A Forum for discussion and comment on Sun Dream Team Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games
gutshot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Solid

Re: John Morrison Elite League - Hall of Fame

Post by gutshot »

Peterfinch2 wrote:Great thread this jeff...

Hoping I can maintain my position in the fiso top 10 :D :D
Your due a bad season :twisted:

No seriously you and a few others have a great record in this comp :wink:

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

bollocks… only jsut realised i played in the first season and a shameful 28/37 :oops:

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gutshot »

Zimmerman wrote:bollocks… only jsut realised i played in the first season and a shameful 28/37 :oops:
:lol: :lol: your current ranking is looking healthy though, compared to your all time ranking.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Overall 95th (despite a 4th and 2nd on my CV). Stick your stats up your @rse Jeff ;)

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gutshot »

Zimmerman wrote:Overall 95th (despite a 4th and 2nd on my CV). Stick your stats up your @rse Jeff ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Classic :!:

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

Post by Edmondson »

Zimmerman wrote:Overall 95th (despite a 4th and 2nd on my CV). Stick your stats up your @rse Jeff ;)
In all seriousness the Hall of Fame is the best gauge of the consistently good SDT player. I have beaten Zarch in 4 of the 7 seasons, yet you don't see me complaining that he is ahead of me :wink: Anyone can have a lucky season or two, just as anyone can have an unlucky season....you finished 78/84 one year Zimm, just think about that for a second :shock:

The fiso Elite League should be a decent field, far stronger than your pub / office league with a load of absolute duffers just playing for fun. So a consistent top quartile finish is a very decent return, in a one team comp.

Having said that, I think it's a bit harsh in some cases for those with no entry to have a mid table placing applied, but also it helps out those with one season of entry and a terrible bottom table finish, to have a bunch of mid table placing so applied for all the seasons they missed.

MilesT can't be the worst SDT player can he :?:

Final point, I'm sure many of us have had seasons where we've given up after a poor start, so the Hall of Fame now gives everyone the incentive to get as high as possible and improve their overall ranking.

All credit to Jeff for adding this dimension to the Elite League :)

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Yeah brilliant :D

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Make up your mind Edmo.

Deride steady eddy Zarch for his safe approach.. criticise me for my boom or bust approach ;)

WNP
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 4th in Dream Team Weekly Seasonal 14/15. Winner of week 12 Dream Team Weekly 14/15

Post by WNP »

Edmondson wrote:
In all seriousness the Hall of Fame is the best gauge of the consistently good SDT player. I have beaten Zarch in 4 of the 7 seasons, yet you don't see me complaining that he is ahead of me :wink: Anyone can have a lucky season or two, just as anyone can have an unlucky season....you finished 78/84 one year Zimm, just think about that for a second :shock:

The fiso Elite League should be a decent field, far stronger than your pub / office league with a load of absolute duffers just playing for fun. So a consistent top quartile finish is a very decent return, in a one team comp.

Having said that, I think it's a bit harsh in some cases for those with no entry to have a mid table placing applied, but also it helps out those with one season of entry and a terrible bottom table finish, to have a bunch of mid table placing so applied for all the seasons they missed.

MilesT can't be the worst SDT player can he :?:

Final point, I'm sure many of us have had seasons where we've given up after a poor start, so the Hall of Fame now gives everyone the incentive to get as high as possible and improve their overall ranking.

All credit to Jeff for adding this dimension to the Elite League :)
Very good point, gives something to play for even if your in last place and out of all the side games. That pointless last transfer window has just become much more meaningful!

I'll certainly be looking to improve my ranking this year. a 1st place finish should do the trick ;)

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

What you are really looking for as best SDT player is someone that can do steady Eddie as a given, but also has the X factor to at least have registered a win and some decent boom finishes.

As Jeff has said himself, the scoring isn't perfect, hence why I'm only 2nd :P

Rob45 only one season, finishes 67th out of 75 or something, yet is 30+ places higher than MilesT :?: :!: :?: Was Jeff adding bonus points for abusive posts on the mini league comment boards 8-)

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gutshot »

Should there be a bonus for top ten finish in a 50+ field. Or maybe an extra bonus for the winner? Perhaps a no entry deserves a lower ranking than half way?

I have more questions than answers.

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

Nick the Game one season 62nd out of 83, still higher placed than Ronny10 and JPK :shock:

The other interesting profile of scoring is Blessedbrian, started off with 3 or 4 decent seasons, then has had 2 shockers, bottom quartile. However those are the two seasons he's almost nailed the £250k jackpot....maybe focus so much on the big money team, that didn't even make transfers in his elite team..? Geoff? Or was your elite team a reflection of the core players you used, but your overall title challengers were from more left field selections? A Saints semi etc?

purge54
Treebeard

Post by purge54 »

It has been a while since I have been in the league, will be entering this year though to get back in the "top 50!"

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gutshot »

Any further thoughts on this one Jeff?

Perhaps we could have this thread as a sticky at the top of the page?

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - FISO Mirror League 1st 2015-16 | Sun - Cheap as Chips Conference 1st 2014-15 & 2015-16

Post by jeffmcgow »

gutshot wrote:Any further thoughts on this one Jeff?

Perhaps we could have this thread as a sticky at the top of the page?
I'm pretty happy with the calculation method now (it's as good as any).

I do like the idea of a sticky for this. Perhaps there's a friendly mod who's in agreement. :)

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-
too many bbm wins to remember :-)

Post by the-postman »

nice work again jeff..you certainly have everyone bickering anyway :lol:

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - FISO Mirror League 1st 2015-16 | Sun - Cheap as Chips Conference 1st 2014-15 & 2015-16

Post by jeffmcgow »

the-postman wrote:nice work again jeff..you certainly have everyone bickering anyway :lol:
I aim to (dis)please ;)

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

This hall of fame table looks awesome! Only wish I'd joined years ago. I've got a dilemma next May; When I win the Elite league in my debut season like Edmund, thejudge, peterfinch2 did, then I seriously have to think about never entering again. Would be amazing to have a perfect record, only to vanish for eternity, forever a FISO SDT legend, a myth of a man that you tell your grandkids about. May even have my own league named after me! Or do I dominate for years to come? You will find out next August! :)

Before you think I'm the Nicklas Bendtner of the forum (thinks he's pele but is a bit rubbish), I will say I'm only jesting. I'd be quite happy with a Europa Cup spot (top 15 in a 100 team league).

Oh crap. As I'm writing this Becks song "Loser" is playing on XFM. I hope that is not an omen! :)

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gutshot »

Excellent post did make me chuckle :lol: it's going to be fun having you around this season :D

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

:) To be fair gutshot, in previous work/mate mini leagues I can be really annoying with the arrogant t**ser remarks coz I can pretty much guarantee im going to right up there at the end (like I imagine of all of you lot can in your work/mate mini leagues) so I can just about get away with it but with you guys in this league then I have to back track at the end ie bendtner. :) I need some insurance in case it all goes wrong. That's why I'm so happy about this new opta/whoscored ratings system; if I end up in the relegation zone then I can vent all my spleen at the sun, saying they messed up a winning formula "if it aint broke then don't fix it" etc and blame it all on them but if I win it then I can say "MADCHESTER UTD has taken to the new ratings like a duck to water. While all others failed, this maverick took the changes head on and revolutionised the way fantasy football should be played. Simply a genius!" :)

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

I need to win this for the next three seasons to start making a move up the table. Good work jeff. Must have taken you ages to do this.

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

Cheers Sir Dog. (Do I need to keep calling you Sir by the way or can we drop the formalities?)

It did take a bit of time. The hardest part was sussing out which teams related to which user. Even in the early days of the Elite people didn't put their FISO name in the teamname.

Got there in the end though :)

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

We'll keep to sir, think it's right with my status as a dream team legend, fiso knight and fisos best looking man 2008-present.

Sir dog.

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-

Post by the-postman »

can I have your autograph please :D

jpk
Dumbledore

Post by jpk »

mad dog wrote:We'll keep to sir, think it's right with my status as a dream team legend, fiso knight and fisos best looking man 2008-present.

Sir dog.
I never met you dan but I did hear that you were 4 foot 6, couldn't hold your drink and looked like a small girl :shock:

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

jpk wrote:
mad dog wrote:We'll keep to sir, think it's right with my status as a dream team legend, fiso knight and fisos best looking man 2008-present.

Sir dog.
I never met you dan but I did hear that you were 4 foot 6, couldn't hold your drink and looked like a small girl :shock:
So you have met him :shock:

the-postman
fiso banshee

Post by the-postman »

jpk wrote:

Sir dog.
libel suit coming me thinks :lol:

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

the-postman wrote:
jpk wrote:

Sir dog.
I agree. That small girl must be livid being compared with Sir Dog.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Very good Jeff :lol:

Mad dog will go ape when he looks at this thread. :evil:

the-postman
fiso banshee

Post by the-postman »

jeffmcgow wrote:
the-postman wrote:
jpk wrote:

Sir dog.
I agree. That small girl must be livid being compared with Sir Dog.
lol

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sun Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games”