To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Tff The VAR Forum.

A forum for Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) Links, Super Leagues and Side Games.
theo29
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: previous user

Tff The VAR Forum.

Post by theo29 »

a new thread where you can review and comment on the decisions which may have affected (for better or worse) your points tally during the week, month or season. Are you in favour of it or not ?

theo29
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Tff The VAR Forum.

Post by theo29 »

as soon as that ! Arsenal were the first to profit from it but it did not help Man U to keep a CS in the final game of the week/ month if you had Maguire and Co in your team.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Nice to see a VAR decision affect a game without being controversial!

theo29
Grumpy Old Man

Post by theo29 »

I have asked Tele Towers if they can show how often VAR reviews take place in all the games. It would greatly add to your joy or despair depending on the outcome !

theo29
Grumpy Old Man

Post by theo29 »

no response yet from Tele Towers but the weekend matches produced at least 2 VAR decisions which affected the final result at WEST HAM and LIVERPOOL. Were there others ?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

theo29 wrote: 07 Oct 2019, 11:53 no response yet from Tele Towers but the weekend matches produced at least 2 VAR decisions which affected the final result at WEST HAM and LIVERPOOL. Were there others ?
Liverpool??

Are you referencing the possible penalty overturn (none yet this season and that was far, far from the most contentious) or the potential red for Choudury (VAR wimping out again as expected).

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Have they reversed or awarded ANY (non-offside) decision?

It’s literally an offside validation tool at the moment.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Zimmerman wrote:Have they reversed or awarded ANY (non-offside) decision?

They have looked at potential red cards the ref missed.... but not awarded any.

Seem way too reluctant to overturn (non offside) calls but may be ok to give out reds for unseen actions.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Zimmerman wrote: 07 Oct 2019, 19:21 Have they reversed or awarded ANY (non-offside) decision?

Which is fundamentally flawed as they don't actually know when the ball has been kicked and unable to freeze frame at the right instant 😉

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

blahblah wrote:
Zimmerman wrote: 07 Oct 2019, 19:21 Have they reversed or awarded ANY (non-offside) decision?

Which is fundamentally flawed as they don't actually know when the ball has been kicked and unable to freeze frame at the right instant Image
I've always thought that about TV stations/pundits but I (naively?) assume the VAR ref will be a bit more diligent. Each frame is 1/25 of a second, a footballer can't move far in that time.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

murf wrote: 07 Oct 2019, 20:47
blahblah wrote:

Which is fundamentally flawed as they don't actually know when the ball has been kicked and unable to freeze frame at the right instant Image
I've always thought that about TV stations/pundits but I (naively?) assume the VAR ref will be a bit more diligent. Each frame is 1/25 of a second, a footballer can't move far in that time.
Early in the season there was a freeze frame and the foot had just made contact with the ball, if at all.

When they are down to mm's they do ie a reasonable sprinter does 10m a second, so over a metre?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

So 40cm in full, Usain Bolt, sprint mode.

theo29
Grumpy Old Man

Post by theo29 »

Tele Towers have confirmed that VAR cannot be included in the information that they receive from their suppliers. Doubtless it will make an appearance in this thread from time to time when a jubilant or disappointed FISOer feels like posting their thoughts.

theo29
Grumpy Old Man

Post by theo29 »

virtually all the 19 to 21 October Prem games had VAR involvement. Was your points tally affected by the Stockley Park observers ?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

theo29 wrote:virtually all the 19 to 21 October Prem games had VAR involvement. Was your points tally affected by the Stockley Park observers ?
Well, a Liverpool CS (and Mane goal) would have affected plenty of scores.

Not sure how disallowing an Alli goal and making a Watford CS would have affected anyone. .

theo29
Grumpy Old Man

Post by theo29 »

VAR centre stage again. At least 4 of the Prem games weekend 27/28 October have result effecting incidents.

theo29
Grumpy Old Man

Post by theo29 »

little FISO interest in the topic it seems. The big shareholders in the Prem met yesterday to state their concerns but I imagine there will be 3 or 4 big stories every week to chew about. The likes of Ellis, Taylor, Finney and Howley did not even have a 4th official in the fairly recent past.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

I did have faith in VAR but finally lost it due it's slowness, reluctance to overturn ref decisions on fouls and the arbitrary inaccuracies judging offside as evidenced by armpitgate.

theo29
Grumpy Old Man

Post by theo29 »

to celebrate the return of The Special One which of Riley's Regiment will be at Stockley Park to possibly decide the outcome of his first match.
How many games in the Prem this week will be referred. 3 or more ?

theo29
Grumpy Old Man

Post by theo29 »

Jimmy Ching comments on this in the Championship thread this week but otherwise dead silence on FISO. Keepfootballhuman is his battlecry !

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

All my posts on this were correctly deleted because my armpit was 0.1mm in front of my keyboard.

theo29
Grumpy Old Man

Post by theo29 »

could you adjust your position and tell us about your comments which I am sure will be of FISO interest ?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Links, Super Leagues and Side Games”