To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

* murf's FISO TFF Highlander Killer Cup league 2019/20 with added Zombie Reanimation *

A forum for Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) Links, Super Leagues and Side Games.
workie-ticket
Grumpy Old Geordie
FS Record: Champion NEFI superleague 2009-10

Re: * murf's FISO TFF Highlander Killer Cup league 2019/20 * NEW with added ZOMBIE REANIMATION * Join NOW *

Post by workie-ticket »

Thanks murf. Workies French patte is mine, not Spiny's though...!

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Re: * murf's FISO TFF Highlander Killer Cup league 2019/20 * NEW with added ZOMBIE REANIMATION * Join NOW *

Post by Spinynorman »

workie-ticket wrote: 15 Aug 2019, 10:43 Thanks murf. Workies French patte is mine, not Spiny's though...!
Gives me a better score though. :mrgreen:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

workie-ticket wrote:Thanks murf. Workies French patte is mine, not Spiny's though...!
Not sure what happened there. I think topspur claimed 2 teams so spiny had to nick yours!

hogweed
FISOhead
FS Record: Improving

Post by hogweed »

I’m in and hoping to recreate my first season form and not last years Catastrophe :D

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

A whopping 27 showing in the league. I'll assume you all made the deadline and so are eligible for the 13 immunity spots.

New entries still allowed, you just won't get immunity and will be fighting the 14 lowest scorers from this weekend to avoid next week's cull.
Newbies:
-Windy Millers eff Brookes----
-BitterSweetWin4MeGeorge Galea----
-Hogweeds HighlandersRoss Banyard----
-The Hot EggsANDREW DARBYSHIRE

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

It appears that 26 points is the score straddling the line separating those with immunity (and doomed to a coming weekend of having nothing to do but toss cards in a hat) and those facing the cull (and doomed to a weekend split between hiding behind the sofa and frequent trips to the lavatory).

3 more games to shift that line and for you to shift your score (preferably upwards).

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

CULL 1, WEEK 1, DAY 1 SCORES

3 games to go and those 13 immunity places are still up for grabs. 26 points (and a good tie-break) is enough now. It surely won't be a little later this afternoon let alone after Monday's last game. Can I do it with 21 points and just, err, 10 to play? Hmmm...
highlaa3rd01b.png
NEW ENTRIES STILL WELCOME

No immunity but if you get in before first kick off next week you have every chance of g(l)ory.

[any mistakes on the chart above please let me know as I am tweaking the spreadsheet/formulae as I go along]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Hi Murf... Highlander Hogs is me, not Morganb. He may be a fellow Reading FC fan, but we don’t share fantasy teams 😉

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Hogmeister wrote:Hi Murf... Highlander Hogs is me, not Morganb. He may be a fellow Reading FC fan, but we don’t share fantasy teams Image
He'd prefer his own team anyway - more points.

I'll sort it for the day 2 update.

Not many points around today so who is moving near the line...

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

CULL 1, WEEK 1, DAY 2 SCORES

Just 1 game to go and today's paltry scores haven't really shuffled those immunity places with all 13 names staying the same. Wolves and Man U to come though and they contain the sorts of players in quite a few but far from all the teams. Doherty or AWB for the CS? Jiminez or Martial with goals? Who knows but 29 points surely won't be enough. Top 2 maybe safe but even Doogal's 41 is in jeopardy with a high scoring game and the wrong picks. Robot - you need a miracle.

highlaa3rd01c.png

NEW ENTRIES STILL WELCOME

No immunity but if you get in before first kick off next week you have every chance of g(l)ory.

[any mistakes on the chart above please let me know as I am tweaking the spreadsheet/formulae as I go along - hopefully the last one is now fixed, just a single space screwing up a lookup function]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

CULL 1, WEEK 1, FINAL SCORES

MorganB steals the last immunity spot at the death joining the 12 above him in taking next week off to just get bored until they discover the top hat, pack of cards and the joys of tossing.

Talking of death.... that leaves 14 of us (and any new sign ups - NEW ENTRIES STILL WELCOME, especially as it reduces my chances of going out at the first hurdle!) to fight to avoid the first cull next weekend. Simple rules, the lowest weekly score of those without immunity bites the dust. Never to be seen again..... except maybe as a zombie in a few weeks' time.

highlaa3rd01D3.png

NEW ENTRIES STILL WELCOME - No immunity but if you get in before first kick off next week you have every chance of g(l)ory.

[any mistakes on the chart above please let me know as I am tweaking the spreadsheet/formulae as I go along
EDIT - Table corrected for one already!]
Last edited by murf on 21 Aug 2019, 16:50, edited 2 times in total.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

murf wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 12:02 [any mistakes on the chart above please let me know as I am tweaking the spreadsheet/formulae as I go along]
If you could tweak your formulae in any way that would lead to me appearing to have more points than I do and positioned somewhere (I don’t mind where) in the top 12 that would be appreciated Murf.

I genuinely assumed this week was a qualifying round and that the top 4 from last year would be seeded to join in around games week 6 or so? That’s right isn’t it?

zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

Post by zipnolan »

murf wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 12:02

MorganB steals the last immunity spot
...or maybe not...

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

zipnolan wrote:
murf wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 12:02

MorganB steals the last immunity spot
...or maybe not...
ImageImage

Thought I'd fixed that 'feature'....

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

murf wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 14:28
zipnolan wrote:
murf wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 12:02 MorganB steals the last immunity spot
...or maybe not...
Thought I'd fixed that 'feature'....
Been out today, just catching up with this... yes, it was me that just scraped over the line this week, not MorganB :D Bit of a surprise, I hadn't made any transfers and was resigned to being in the immunity scrap next week. A lucky escape!

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Table now corrected a few posts up.

(Reminder - new entrants, this is still open but the deadline is friday night's kick off (if I'm right remembering there is a friday game, first game saturday if not!))

ventosus
Treebeard
FS Record: Works league winner 1999, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011

Post by ventosus »

login details sorted so can post! loving the concept of this - my team is Windy Millers eff , good to see i've reached a lofty position early doors from which to crash and burn later in season ;) good luck to the infected this week...

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

ventosus wrote:login details sorted so can post! loving the concept of this - my team is Windy Millers eff , good to see i've reached a lofty position early doors from which to crash and burn later in season ;) good luck to the infected this week...
I spotted earlier than the profanity filter doesn't like your team name! Works on the tables in picture form though.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

3 new entries tonight giving us a grand total of 30 entrants, 17 of us fighting the cull.

With returning zombies boosting numbers through the season I think we will probably be straight into single week culls with no more immunity (weeks) so there can be only one at the end. I'll study the calendar and work it all out soon.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

CULL 1, WEEK 2, DAY 1 SCORES

Just 1 game gone and many of us didn't bother crossing the white line for it but our 3 new managers did. 2 of whom are Stevieste and Fat Heed but I know not who is who. Step forward Messrs Hamlet( :shock: ), Gidyinho( :shock: :shock: ), Wilson( :| ) and Robinson( :| ) and claim your teams. Robot is currently in red but hopefully has 11 to play so is better placed than some - that's my excuse anyway.

9 games to go until that first axe falls on sunday evening. Welcome to the Highlanderdome.

highlaa3rd01e.png

[any mistakes on the chart above please let me know as I am tweaking the spreadsheet/formulae as I go along - I've already noticed the weeks are wrongly labelled]

ventosus
Treebeard
FS Record: Works league winner 1999, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011

Post by ventosus »

murf wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 13:15
ventosus wrote:login details sorted so can post! loving the concept of this - my team is Windy Millers eff , good to see i've reached a lofty position early doors from which to crash and burn later in season ;) good luck to the infected this week...
I spotted earlier than the profanity filter doesn't like your team name! Works on the tables in picture form though.
bit over zealous of the profanity filter for Windy Millers Football Club UK! Good job French Connection don't have a team in ;)

murf
FISO Viscount

Re: * murf's FISO TFF Highlander Killer Cup league 2019/20 with added Zombie Reanimation *

Post by murf »

Ventosus (10) and Hogweed (9) must be loving their immunity.

Next worse score is theo29 with 15 so will be culled if he can't change that tomorrow. I've only hot a 10 point buffer and there must be loads with a similar level of bum squeakiness.

Full update later.

MagicIsay
Treebeard
FS Record: Ok

Re: * murf's FISO TFF Highlander Killer Cup league 2019/20 with added Zombie Reanimation *

Post by MagicIsay »

Mark wilson.. team entered yesterday

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

MagicIsay wrote:Mark wilson.. team entered yesterday
Cheers. Good score this weekend.

Are the other 3 anonymous owners going to own up??

MagicIsay
Treebeard
FS Record: Ok

Post by MagicIsay »

Cheers Murf, solid with a few city tomorrow to come.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

CULL 1, WEEK 2, DAY 2 SCORES

So 3 games to go and we are not that much clearer about who our first victim will be. theo29 and topspur are a bit adrift but not enough for anyone (bar maybe the top 2 or 3 scorers) to feel safe with Citeh, Spurs and Wolves yet to play (and maybe the Everton defence??) and big(gish) sunday scores a distinct possibility.

I think I have enough 'coverage' left to play but will it really be enough? I'm off climbing hills in the sun tomorrow but might be down in time for a 4:29 panic transfer or two if I've backed the wrong Citeh horses.....

Flange 1:
AFC Bournemouth 14:00 Manchester City
Flange 2:
Tottenham Hotspur 16:30 Newcastle United
Wolverhampton Wanderers 16:30 Burnley

highlaa3rd01f.png

[any mistakes on the chart above please let me know as I am tweaking the spreadsheet/formulae as I go along]

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

I trust that at least one of you below me didn't have Aguero either....

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Empty:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

CULL 1, WEEK 2, FINAL SCORES

theo29's demise is confirmed.

Don't forget though, 'death is not the end' any more. There will be the first zombie re-animation running concurrently with the 5th cull (so it will be between those who go out in the first 4 culls).

I will sort out the full timetable before this weekend. This weekend (and all future ones) might be a straightforward cull or they may be a spare week or two so we can have two week ones - meaning next week is an immunity week.

highlaa3rd01X.png

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

I think this should be right. I've incorporated all the international breaks and all the FA Cup weekends etc.

It means that we move straight into weekly culls. No more immunity. No more chillin'. No more cards. No more hats. No more tossing.

6 Zombie reanimations scheduled, one for every 5th cull.
highlaa3rdcalendar.png

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Links, Super Leagues and Side Games”