To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Block League episode 10 (19/20 season)

A forum for Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) Links, Super Leagues and Side Games.
Maldini
Dumbledore

Re: Block League episode 10 (19/20 season)

Post by Maldini »

1 Paul Stringer [Maldini] - Manchester United
2 Andrew Stevens [Robot] - Liverpool
3 Andy Waring [Mintman] - N/A
4 Tony H. [hayesag] - Man City
5 Jason Murfitt [murf] - Sheffield United
6 David England [Mystery] - Everton
7 Peter Clinch [Zipnolan] - Burnley
8 Chris Beasley [Spinynorman] - Tottenham Hotspur
9 Mike Rice [Workie-Ticket] - Chelsea
10 David Rhodes [Wiseowl65] - Wolves
11 Geoff Vickers [Geoffv] - Arsenal
12 Paul Branigan [Topspur] - Leicester
13 Morgan Boniface [morganb] - Crystal Palace
14 George McCulloch [bigbaddod] - Newcastle
15 Kevin Wright [nffc] - N/A
16 Bill Wilkins [thebillfella] - Aston Villa
17 sibrown4 [sibrown4] - Watford
18 Mark Hammond [Wizardoffire] - Southampton
19 James Anderson-Gordon [jagduracell] - N/A
20 S_sutton87-
21 blahblah -
22 raoul -

Reserves

League PIN: 8096222
League Passcode: 2020

PM’d S_sutton87

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Glad to be involved I'll take West ham

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Maldini wrote:1 Paul Stringer [Maldini] - Manchester United
20 S_sutton87- West Ham
21 blahblah -
22 raoul -

Reserves

Bournemouth
Brighton
Norwich
Last edited by Maldini on 07 Aug 2019, 10:19, edited 1 time in total.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

raoul wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 10:10 so where are we at?

Did a deadline for no-shows ever get agreed?

Would be helpful to find out if I am in, and know my team, some time today if at all possible...
Looks like we have 4 potential dropouts and only 3 reserves so you are pretty definitely in. blah gets 12 hours from now so you can go as soon as blah has gone or at 10:18 tonight if he hasn't. Think it is fair that if all 20 have been picked then (assumed) drop outs can't get back in.

* ONE SPACE POTENTIALLY AVAIALABLE TO NEW PLAYER *

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Message blah about his pick

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

20 S_sutton87- West Ham
21 blahblah - Bournemouth
22 raoul -

Reserves

Brighton
Norwich

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

20 S_sutton87- West Ham
21 blahblah - Bournemouth
22 raoul - Norwich

Reserves

Brighton

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

any Brighton fans on Fiso, who are not currently in this? Perhaps worth PM to them?

Otherwise I presume I am not going to be sending a message to anyone...

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Edmondson possibly, but not sure he plays tff, may be worth a try.

Brighton may surprise, if dunk doesn't go and with webster and a new manager they perhaps should not of been the 20th choice.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Question.

Am I correct that I cannot deliberately pick cheap defenders I know will not play in order to free up funds for forward players?

The spirit is to maintain a block that is at least expected to start each week, correct?

I am picking one defender who is currently red-flagged, but physioroom says he is 75% to play and last season Norwich kept the same back line almost every week, so picking anyone else would be a lottery. He is not a cheapie, but I could be accused of avoiding playing defenders against Liverpool, away...

Am I working within the spirit of the game? I am picking him because I hope he plays and because he should be a regular, thus avoiding transfers.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

I've put a plug on the main TFF thread.

On there you will also find a plug for my Highlander League. A great fun comp in need of more players (new and returning). You can chuck in any team you like (even a block!).

Also started the main FISO TFF Superleague.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

raoul wrote:Question.

Am I correct that I cannot deliberately pick cheap defenders I know will not play in order to free up funds for forward players?

The spirit is to maintain a block that is at least expected to start each week, correct?

I am picking one defender who is currently red-flagged, but physioroom says he is 75% to play and last season Norwich kept the same back line almost every week, so picking anyone else would be a lottery. He is not a cheapie, but I could be accused of avoiding playing defenders against Liverpool, away...

Am I working within the spirit of the game? I am picking him because I hope he plays and because he should be a regular, thus avoiding transfers.
As long as you think they'll play soon it is within the spirit, a bit like carrying a cheapo with a temporary injury. Nothing against the rules as long as they are still at the club I guess.

In terms of points surely you'd be better off with a midfield enabler getting you 2pts instead and maybe a downgrade to afford. That is for a known long term non-starter, not your situation.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

murf wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 12:53

As long as you think they'll play soon it is within the spirit, a bit like carrying a cheapo with a temporary injury. Nothing against the rules as long as they are still at the club I guess.

In terms of points surely you'd be better off with a midfield enabler getting you 2pts instead and maybe a downgrade to afford. That is for a known long term non-starter, not your situation.
but if I am playing 352, I cannot lose a defender from my block team can I :)

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

The City defence was rotated a lot last season. I didn’t waste too many transfers swapping and changing them.
Just pick the players you think will start the most games and leave them. They can always weigh in with the odd goal and assist as well.
You have the opportunity to get the forwards in your team some of us can’t afford but more importantly, get them in your team at the right time.

I’d be very surprised if you won the league but with some luck and good management, you can get yourself a much earlier pick for next season.

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

Post by Edmondson »

Happy to bang a Brighton Block in, if you’re needing one?

Will have to read the rules!

@Robot - thanks for the PM :)

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

sibrown4 wrote:Didn’t get a prompt PM reminding me when it was my turn until now. That’s you Bill!

:evil:
Sorry Si - on hols atm Image. Not sure if I'll be around to vet the teams for compliance on Friday but if anybody spots an anomaly they just shout up.

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

Post by Edmondson »

raoul wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 12:33 any Brighton fans on Fiso, who are not currently in this? Perhaps worth PM to them?

I have a Brighton Block ready to enter, so I need a PM from yourself to enter and complete the league?!?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Edmondson wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 18:08
raoul wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 12:33 any Brighton fans on Fiso, who are not currently in this? Perhaps worth PM to them?

I have a Brighton Block ready to enter, so I need a PM from yourself to enter and complete the league?!?

Quite surprised/happy we got 20 managers, thought we might struggle with the new world order of just 5 teams each. The lure of a block defence for a relegation threatened team or maybe 4 rotatable expensive blokes .....

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

So my pick has more GK"s than Everton have CB's :? :lol:

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Edmondson wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 18:08

I think murf's post below mine now sorts you out :)

zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

Post by zipnolan »

raoul wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 12:59

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with picking non-players from the correct team, though strikes me as a bit of an odd thing to do...

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

zipnolan wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 22:48

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with picking non-players from the correct team, though strikes me as a bit of an odd thing to do...
I have no intention of deliberately picking a dud.

I asked the question because after picking Norwich over Brighton (for largely sentimental reasons) I only then found that Norwich played a pretty consistent back 4 last year, have signed virtually nobody, and two of those four are currently injured. So … wait till last minute and teamsheet, and pick those playing, or pick some of their regulars and ride out non-appearances?

I only asked the question because I thought I had read somewhere that deliberately choosing a cheap dud to upgrade elsewhere was not in the spirit of the game :)

So I will use common sense and await censure from the prefects should I fail.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Still a handful of managers to join the league and the chairman and robot need to make their teams public so we can check there’s nothing untoward.

Good luck everyone.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

The downside of combining it as a two foot team!

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

Pos Team Manager Week Points Season Points Season Goals Overall Pos
- The United Way Paul Stringer - - - -
- Wizardoffire Saints Mark Hammond - - - -
- Edmo Brighton Block David Edmondson - - - -
- One foot and a block Andrew Stevens - - - -
- TBFs Block of Villains Bill Wilkins - - - -
- Wolves Block 65 David Rhodes - - - -
- GeoffV's Gunners Block Geoff Vickers - - - -
- SiBrown's 'Orns Simon Brown - - - -
- Raoul The Blocker Paul Merison - - - -
- Crystal Blockade Morgan Boniface - - - -
- Suttons block Steven Sutton - - - -
- workies chelsea bloc Mike Rice - - - -
- Topspurs Fox Box Block Andrew Branigan - - - -
- Finger in Zip's Dyche Peter Clinch

Teams entered so far - all compliant with the rules. Looks like we are waiting on blahblah, bigbadod, Mystery, murf, hayesag and one other that I can't figure out on my phone!

thebillfella
FISO Knight

Post by thebillfella »

workie may want to change David Luiz mind :wink:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

thebillfella wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 12:12 workie may want to change David Luiz mind :wink:
Not great for GeoffV getting 2 new signings to, maybe, maybe not, fit into the day 1 team.

I'll be in later when I've found out who plays for Sheffield United.

thebillfella
FISO Knight

Post by thebillfella »

No rule to say you can't do this - it just means you'll be playing with 10 rather than 11 players most week but that may be the trade-off you are willing to except to squeeze in a premium player elsewhere?

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

thebillfella wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 12:31

No rule to say you can't do this - it just means you'll be playing with 10 rather than 11 players most week but that may be the trade-off you are willing to except to squeeze in a premium player elsewhere?
Rule 5E says it is disqualification!

thebillfella
FISO Knight

Post by thebillfella »

Apart from that one

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Links, Super Leagues and Side Games”