To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

LET'S SEE IF I CAN RECRUIT...........

A forum for Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) Links, Super Leagues and Side Games.
035robroy
Grumpy Old Man

Re: LET'S SEE IF I CAN RECRUIT...........

Post by 035robroy »

morganb, Billy has invited me to St Andrews on Boxing Day to share a balti pie. He did not mention who would be paying. Watch the Championship thread as the season approaches and gets going again. There do not seem to be any interested FISOers now that Tall Paul has moved on to a higher plane but it is early days yet. Doubtless the Forest contingent will have something to say with Psycho making his debut. I keep thinking about that slimmed down bridegroom. Will he be allowed freedom to visit the City Ground ?

035robroy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 035robroy »

sorry Surprised got a little side-tracked there responding to morganb.

This little piece of activity has no connection at all with TFF. With CILLA BLACK GN 8054476 you are investing some of your own money which might pay off on 11th April next year after the Grand National.
My Grand National sweepstake is worth £200 every year. (this year there were 4 separate races) with all the punters paying £5 for a guaranteed runner.

6 prizes. 1st £60 2nd £40. 3rd and 4th £30 each. £20 each for the last 2 to finish with jockey aboard.
When I have got the last 3 multi millionaire owners on the thread.I will spell it out.

035robroy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 035robroy »

It has taken almost a week to get to 17 . Please guys make up those last 3 before I give the full explanation. Then I have to get an opposition squad together to make it interesting for the volunteers.

It looks as if conscription is the answer . Your name could be on it. I am studying profiles particularly Carmen members who have just returned from Brazil.

035robroy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 035robroy »

The full explanation is now on TOP 20'

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Top 20?

A link?
Rob/Roy why not simplify things and explain to idiots like myself in layman's terms.

Dennisthemenace
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Dennisthemenace »

The details are as confusing as a confused man, sitting on a confused bench, in a confused town, in a confused country, on a confused world, reading a confusing story about confusing people.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Dennisthemenace wrote:The details are as confusing as a confused man, sitting on a confused bench, in a confused town, in a confused country, on a confused world, reading a confusing story about confusing people.
If only they were that confusing :D

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

I don't know what is happening here.

035robroy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 035robroy »

Surprised, you should have moved on TOP 20 where it is all spelt out. 18 is your squad.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Unless I'm missing something, only three or four of the twenty squads actually have the chance to win. :|

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Backlash wrote:Top 20?
A link?

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

the-top-20-sequel-to-can-i-recruit-t110965.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1. ATALANTA. ARSENAL. ALMERIA. BASTIA
2. CAGLIARI. ASTON VILLA. ATH BILBAO BORDEAUX
3. CESENA. BURNLEY. ATH MADRID. CAEN.
4. CHIEVO. CHELSEA. BARCELONA. EVIAN.
5. EMPOLI. C.PALACE. CELTA VIGO. GUINCAMP
6. FIORENTINA. EVERTON. CORDOBA. LENS
7. GENOA. HULL CITY. DEP CORUNA. LILLE
8. INTER MILAN. LEICESTER CITY. ELBAR. LORIENT
9. JUVENTUS. LIVERPOOL.ELCHE. LYON.
10. LAZIO. MANCHESTER CITY.. ESPANYOL. MARSEILLE.
11. MILAN. MANCHESTER UTD. GETAFE METZ.
12. NAPOLI. NEWCASTLE UTD.GRANADA, MONACO.
13. PALERMO. QUEENS PARK RANGERS LEVANTE. MONTPELLIER
14. PARMA SOUTHAMPTON. MALAGA. NANTES
15. ROMA. STOKE CITY. RAYO VAL.NICE.
16. SAMPDORIA. SUNDERLAND.REAL MADRID. PARIS ST GERMAIN
17. SASSUOLO. SWANSEA CITY. REAL SOCIEDAD. RENNES.
18. TORINO. TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR.SEVILLA. REIMS
19. UDINESE. WEST BROMWICH ALBION. VALENCIA. SAINT ETIENNE
20. VERONA. WEST HAM UTD. VILLA REAL. TOULOUSE.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Thank-you Maldini it makes perfect sense now :shock:

035robroy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 035robroy »

Maldini you may have a point but only time will tell. As a supplementary contest in all this, how about everyone picking the top four. You were not part of CARMEN MIRANDA where the ace in the hole was COSTA RICA and the same will happen here I think.
Have noted your underlined 4.9.10.16.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

My head hurts

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Ohh so I need Aston Villa to win the league :lol:

Could be worse I could have Vid's bunch :lol: :lol:

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st 2014 ESPN 6 Nations, 2nd 2015 Shaggy World Snooker: FPL Pontoon Champion 2014/15, 1st Euro 2016 Qualifiers predictor, 2nd 2015 FISO Superbru Golf Predictor

Post by Sport Billy »

If anyone wants my squad 8 I'm happy to not bother. Bit disappointing and over complicated this Rob. The selling point of not having to do anything is just not that interesting. People who play fantasy games like having to do something? Surely thats the point? If we had to choose a squad of 4 teams that had values with a spend limit, that would have been so much better. Missed opportunity this. Scrap this, rank the teams, invite entries and start again would be my advice......

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st 2014 ESPN 6 Nations, 2nd 2015 Shaggy World Snooker: FPL Pontoon Champion 2014/15, 1st Euro 2016 Qualifiers predictor, 2nd 2015 FISO Superbru Golf Predictor

Post by Sport Billy »

20 for a top team, 1 for a bottom team. 4 teams to choose, budget of 30? Should work, forces folk to be more creative?

035robroy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 035robroy »

Billy, I was confident you would come up with an idea which would require activity from FISO members. Fine, as long as you ( and maybe one or two others) fix the values of the 80 teams involved and someone sets it out as fox did for me with Carmen. Over to you.

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Sport Billy »

See, now you just sound defensive and sulky again. I'm a participator not an organiser. So I won't do it. I don't have the patience or the analytical eye not to miss a result and recieve abuse from pedants like me. Does anyone else think the same way about not having to do anything? If it's just me I'll happily get my coat

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Sport Billy wrote:See, now you just sound defensive and sulky again. I'm a participator not an organiser. So I won't do it. I don't have the patience or the analytical eye not to miss a result and recieve abuse from pedants like me. Does anyone else think the same way about not having to do anything? If it's just me I'll happily get my coat
My view would be the world cup game worked because people could make a choice at the start and hope their choices did well,
The problem with your alphabetical list is that from the start it's clear only 4 players really have a chance and the other 16 will lose interest.
Either rank as sport billy has suggested or split into 4 groups of 5 and pick one from each group and from each nation,and base the list on last years finishing position with the championship sides 18/19/20.
Happy to help get the 20 lots of choices but to busy with other leagues through the season.

035robroy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 035robroy »

The comments from Billy and Robot have been slept on. Now go to TOP 20 thread to continue...........later today.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Links, Super Leagues and Side Games”