To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFFCH 2009-10: Telegraph Championship game * general news *

A forum for discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Games for the Football League (the Championship, League 1 & League 2)
tommymooney
FISO Knight

Re: TFFCH 2009-10: Telegraph Championship game * general news *

Post by tommymooney »

tommymooney wrote: Some reports give Nolan an assist on one of Carrolls goals last night - will be watching closely for that on the football league show.
I have written to 'contact us' this morning to query Nolan's lack of assist - I think it quite clearly flicked off his head before Carrol put the ball in the net on the first goal. Will update if I get a response.

26 seconds in here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 502166.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

1pm still no points update today.

Deppy
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL/TFF side game champ 11/12, FISO5AS CHAMP 11/12, TFFOO7 CHAMP 11/12.

Post by Deppy »

Does anyone know who had the Sheffield Wednesday assist, on the League show it looked like Tudgay but he has no assist points?

Championship stats show Tudgay has 7 assists where as Telegraph only has him down with 6.

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving season on season

Post by PNE4PREM »

Just to ket you know PNE have a 2nd player on loan from Man Utd now, Matt James joins Wellbeck at Deepdale... :D :D :D :D

tommymooney
FISO Knight

No return date for Cleverley

Post by tommymooney »

Tom Cleverley - The midfielder didn't play against Barnsley after picking up an injury in the match with Sheffield United at Vicarage Road. A return date hasn't been specified.

not sure if that means its bad or not!

http://www.watfordfc.com/page/Injuries/0,,10400,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Derby V Newcastle

Post by tommymooney »

David Martin could make his Derby debut against Newcastle on Tuesday night, if his move from Millwall goes through in time.The winger is poised to join on an emergency loan on Tuesday morning and, if the deal is done by noon, he is expected to take his place on the bench.

Midfielder Lee Croft could also make the squad after returning to full training following his recovery from a hamstring injury. Dean Leacock and Lee Hendrie will definitely not feature as they continue to battle against their respective knee and hamstring injuries.

Newcastle's Alan Smith is set to make a return to the squad after he missed the Cardiff game with a thigh problem. However, Fabricio Coloccini, who also missed out against the Bluebirds with a hamstring strain, remains a doubt, while Nicky Butt (thigh) will be sidelined again. Loan signing Patrick van Aanholt will continue to deputise for Jose Enrique (hamstring), while Steven Taylor is expected to be out for around two months with a medial ligament strain.

Midfielder Joey Barton is finally due to return to training after a long-standing foot injury this week.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/na ... 24531.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

West Brom have agreed a deal with West Ham to take Frank Nouble on an initial one-month loan deal.

Sporting life

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Newcastle striker Andy Carroll has been charged with assault after an incident at a city centre nightclub at the end of last year.

The 21-year-old is accused of attacking another reveller inside the Blu Bambu, on Newcastle's Bigg Market, in December. Carroll will face magistrates in Newcastle later this month.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/cc ... 03101.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Deppy
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL/TFF side game champ 11/12, FISO5AS CHAMP 11/12, TFFOO7 CHAMP 11/12.

Post by Deppy »

OPTA award all the assists for the Championship competition and they have not awarded an assist for Nolan in the Newcastle v Cardiff match or Tudgay for either of the 1 goals in the Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday game. Their decision as to which players are awarded an assist is final.

This is the reply i had about Tudgay and Nolan assists at the weekend. :cry:
Tudgay has 7 assists on the Texaco Fantasy Football but only 6 on the Telegraph? :?

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Deppy wrote:OPTA award all the assists for the Championship competition and they have not awarded an assist for Nolan in the Newcastle v Cardiff match or Tudgay for either of the 1 goals in the Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday game. Their decision as to which players are awarded an assist is final.

This is the reply i had about Tudgay and Nolan assists at the weekend. :cry:
Tudgay has 7 assists on the Texaco Fantasy Football but only 6 on the Telegraph? :?
Shame Deppy, but thanks for the update. I got the same from Ian (below). Its a little inconsistent, as last season TFFCH accepted these kind of challenges. Hey ho, new year new rules I suppose.

OPTA award all the assists for the Championship competition and they have not awarded an assist for Nolan in the Newcastle v Cardiff match. Their decision as to which players are awarded an assist is final.

Deppy
FISOhead

Post by Deppy »

Finally got on the Texaco FF and they have given Nolan and Tudgay assists for the weekend. :x
6 points i've lost on the Telegraph FF. I know loads have Nolan but probably not Tudgay.

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Tom Cleverley is rated as “touch-and-go” for tonight’s Championship clash between Watford and Bristol City and will have a fitness test this morning.

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/ ... r_Bristol/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fil16
FISOhead

Post by fil16 »

Fryatt gone off in a neck brace, hopefully just precautionary.

fil16
FISOhead

Post by fil16 »

Expected broken jaw.

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

fil16 wrote:Expected broken jaw.
Sad for him.

Matty Fryatt could be facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines after breaking his jaw in two places against Doncaster Rovers.

The 23-year-old was stretchered off in the 36th minute last night after a collision with Rovers captain Brian Stock.

Fryatt was treated on the Walkers Stadium pitch for seven minutes after the incident and was eventually strapped to a spinal board and taken by ambulance to hospital.

Concerned City manager Nigel Pearson said Fryatt would be missed, although he added he was unsure if they will bring in a replacement now the emergency loan window has opened.

"We have no idea how long he will be out but, obviously, it is not going to be short term," said Pearson.

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Koren could start against the Royals in the fifth-round clash with Di Matteo hinting star midfielder Graham Dorrans could be rested, as the Scotland international has been playing with an injury.

Di Matteo said: “Graham has been fantastic for us, even though he has been playing with an injury in the last three weeks. I always think maybe I can take him off but it’s difficult, because he can be so influential.

“He’s got a little problem on his hip flexor, which we’ll have to monitor.”

http://www.expressandstar.com/2010/02/1 ... n-players/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

Forget TFFCH, we needed that news before last night for TFFW! :twisted:

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Bramernic wrote:Forget TFFCH, we needed that news before last night for TFFW! :twisted:
yeah, only saw this morning - he's in one of my teams too :roll:

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

tommymooney wrote:
Bramernic wrote:Forget TFFCH, we needed that news before last night for TFFW! :twisted:
yeah, only saw this morning - he's in one of my teams too :roll:
He played in the end, did nowt, but has a replay :D

Deppy
FISOhead

Post by Deppy »

I can't believe over the last 2 gameweeks have been so poor scoring wise. I only had 46 points in total but moved up 14 places to 34th. Long may these poor scoring weeks continue. :)

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Deppy wrote:I can't believe over the last 2 gameweeks have been so poor scoring wise. I only had 46 points in total but moved up 14 places to 34th. Long may these poor scoring weeks continue. :)
must be something about when Newcastle conceed...

Deppy
FISOhead

Post by Deppy »

tommymooney wrote:
Deppy wrote:I can't believe over the last 2 gameweeks have been so poor scoring wise. I only had 46 points in total but moved up 14 places to 34th. Long may these poor scoring weeks continue. :)
must be something about when Newcastle conceed...

Glad i only got Harper then.
Ecstatic i got Ambrose back in a couple of weeks ago. :D

SamD
FISO Knight

Jara out

Post by SamD »

Chile and West Brom defender, Gonzalo Jara, is likely to miss the rest of the season with a broken metatarsal:

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/news/ ... 71523.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SamD
FISO Knight

TFFCH 2009-10: fixture change

Post by SamD »

New date for Reading v Newcastle = Tues 13 April

(league match postponed from 23 Feb because Reading now have FA Cup replay that midweek)

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Straight Red for Tom Cleverley :cry:

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

When I left cold, dark, wet (and soon to be snowy) UK on 31st October I was sitting about 12th nationally and only 3-5 transfers down.

4 months later I finally have internet connection at home in Arusha (Tanzania) and can access this site and TFF after a complete reformatting of my laptop to be consistent with local connections. Both sites (Fiso and TFF) were sadly websensed at work and I only managed a few transfers carried out by a mate in UK following some text messages.

So in the last week, having dropped to over 700th position, I've started to burn some of my 30 transfers and these days I'm chopping and changing more than The Tinkerman.

No chance of getting a credible finish but by dodging the powercuts (2-3 per day) it should be fun seeing how high I can rise.

Enjoy the rest of the season and thanks for keeping the thread alive (Tommy especially).

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

@fantasist Welcome back! Shame about your lack of connectivity...are you able to get coverage of the football league in Tanzania?

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Thanks Tommy (asante in Swahili!!)

No Chamopinship games live here but I did see Reading a couple of times in the FA Cup. To be honest it would be painful to watch us in the Championship anyway!!!

We get Supersports (power permitting) which has 7 sports channels (South African network). All live Premier League games shown here and the added benefit of live 3pm Saturday kick off's bonus!! However, 50% of planned viewing is ruined by power cuts until we can fit a generator as our back up plan. Frozen food takes one hell of a battering I can tell you!!!

We even access Sky Sports News on Supersports Blitz, but it's only 1 hour in the morning 7am to 8am and I leave for work at 7 am. I think it shows one hour in the evening too but don't usually get to see that at all.

Evening kick off's are tough as we are 3 hours ahead so a game usually starts at 22.45 or 23.00 hrs - the Reading extra time cup replay was responsible for a very tired man the following morning. Champions League and EPL are just not worth waiting up for during midweek. Having said all that, it's good to have any connections with English football, so really cannot complain!

One other interesting thing. Flights from here in Tanzania to SA for World Cup 2010 are even more than I was quoted from UK to SA, a shame as a friend in SA could easily obtain tickets for England v Algeria in Cape Town, but I had to pass up the opportunity!

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

I don't have Sky - so you are watching more live football than me! I hope you get to see the Reading replay this week.

Will be watching Bristol City V West Brom on the Beeb today - a reminder to all championship followers - on at 2pm GMT.

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

You don't have Sky, ah, now you make me feel guilty!

We don't get usual BBC channels so won't see the game today, but I do have Olsson, Dorrans (and transferred Brunt in) to be interested in this one! Partially chose to have them all because of the Cup replay in the week, where I expect all 3 to score nicely!!!

I'll check the listings and see if I can allow myself a late night, not sure which replay they may show yet.

Signing off now, power is to be preserved!!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Football League (Championship & Leagues 1 & 2)”