To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFFCH 2009-10: Telegraph Championship game * general news *

A forum for discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Games for the Football League (the Championship, League 1 & League 2)
tommymooney
FISO Knight

Re: TFFCH 2009-10: Telegraph Championship game * general news *

Post by tommymooney »

Adam Johnson forced off injured for Boro (again)

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

tommymooney wrote:Adam Johnson forced off injured for Boro (again)
"Adam Johnson suffered a tight hamstring on Saturday and he will be subject to a late test before Saturday's game against Swansea." (if it happens eh! - TM)

update

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Transfer window moves affecting champ clubs so far...nothing that exciting to date.

6 January

Carl Ikeme [Wolves - QPR] Loan

5 January

Richard Cresswell [Stoke City - Sheffield United] Undisclosed
Neill Collins [Wolves - Preston] Undisclosed
Josh Simpson [Histon - Peterborough] Undisclosed

1 January

Lee Johnson [Bristol City - Derby] Loan
Krisztian Timar [Plymouth - Oldham] Loan

SamD
FISO Knight

Championship telly

Post by SamD »

Leicester v Ipswich - 3pm, Sunday 10 Jan - is a new addition to the list of live TV games from the Championship (though not widely reported yet):

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/TVGamesDetail/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tommymooney
FISO Knight

More transfers

Post by tommymooney »

8 January

Carl Baker [Stockport - Coventry] Undisclosed
Didier Digard [Middlesbrough - Nice] Six-month loan
Jack Colback [Sunderland - Ipswich] Loan extension
Jake Livermore [Spurs - Peterborough] Loan

7 January

Nicky Hunt [Bolton - Derby] Loan

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Latest transfers

Post by tommymooney »

11 January
Izale McLeod [Charlton - Peterborough] Loan

9 January
Jose Fonte [Crystal Palace - Southampton] Undisclosed

SamD
FISO Knight

Championship changes & TFFCH numbers

Post by SamD »

Two quickies:

1. The Telegraph updates its list of January window transfers involving Championship clubs at around 4pm each day:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -2010.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The BBC version encompasses other local leagues:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8437107.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2. The current number of TFFCH entries is 5,579.

The same search that reveals the total in the main TFF game can be used for this Telegraph contest:
http://fantasyfootballchampionship.tele ... OVERALL/56" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As before, if the search suffix is too high - eg if 57 is used instead of 56 - the list of teams reverts to the top 100 in the competition.

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

@ SamD

Thanks for that transfer list Sam - much easier than trawling through the BBC list of transfers.

I'm surprised that entry numbers are so slow - I initially thought nearer 10,000. Makes you wonder if the game will run again next year! Also makes my own position a lot worse than I thought!

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

I note today that both Danny Graham and Matty Fryatt both went off on 60 minutes today, might be worth checking it was not for injuries.

fil16
FISOhead

Post by fil16 »

Pretty sure Fryatt is fine and that it was just tactical

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

fil16 wrote:Pretty sure Fryatt is fine and that it was just tactical
Thanks, I think Graham is form issue too. Might be that he has been found out now at this level. Watford fans calling for him to be dropped.

JHT
Red & Blue Braces

Post by JHT »

Morning guys....
Just looking at the leaderboard, I find my team has moved up to 15th, but is an amazing 130 points behind the leader Curtis Moore. His team 'Mastermind' is also 3rd in the starting x1 league.

I've been playing FF for a 1,000 years :wink: and have seen some huge points advantages being pegged back, but I don't recal such a large gap at this stage in the season - considering he may well have 25+ transfers remaining, based on his starting X1 position :shock:

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Wow is this fantasy genius a FISOer?

Mastermind
Kevin and Perry

Post by Mastermind »

JHT wrote:Morning guys....
Just looking at the leaderboard, I find my team has moved up to 15th, but is an amazing 130 points behind the leader Curtis Moore. His team 'Mastermind' is also 3rd in the starting x1 league.

I've been playing FF for a 1,000 years :wink: and have seen some huge points advantages being pegged back, but I don't recal such a large gap at this stage in the season - considering he may well have 25+ transfers remaining, based on his starting X1 position :shock:

He wishes :wink:

Deppy
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL/TFF side game champ 11/12, FISO5AS CHAMP 11/12, TFFOO7 CHAMP 11/12.

Post by Deppy »

A pity my defenders let in quite a few goals today as my team had 7 goals :D , can't have everything i suppose.

Deppy
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL/TFF side game champ 11/12, FISO5AS CHAMP 11/12, TFFOO7 CHAMP 11/12.

Post by Deppy »

Surely some of the teams near the top of the table have used most of there transfers. Looking at the Starting X1 and comparing the overall some of the teams in the top 10 are not in the top 100 starting X1 so they have made up over 250 points.
I have made 21 transfers and made up 136 points on my starting X1 which i think is quite a good gain.
I see above someone mentioned Masterminds huge lead and then a comment from the man himself i presume, i would guess he has used a majority of his transfers.
Hopefully with my 19 transfers left i can still climb up the table?
So if i gain 260 points on my transfers would this be good or not?

idea
Treebeard

Post by idea »

This is a tricky one to work out. Can the top ten be there without using massive amounts of transfers? The simple answer is yes. The top has been pretty static for the last 3/4 months with no major moves except Mastermind, this suggests no one is doing much and has roughly the same side and transfers used.

In regards to Mastermind, I would guess he still has a fair amount of transfers available, maybe a few less then average but still more then enough. After the first week he was top, meaning he started with a great team, so I can't imagine he would have used many transfers in the first 5-8 weeks. He definitely started to chase it from week 11 so I would guess he burnt a few, but had them in the bank to use.

The up side is I haven't seen the name before and it looks like he has few teams, maybe only 1, I would suggest he isn't a massively experienced competition winner and therefore is more unpredictable. There is nothing worse then being a long way behind a player you know has won many competitions before.

He definitely is catchable, but I would guess he will be there about at the end.

Chief Wiggsy
Grumpy Holman Snr
FS Record: FISO TFF League winner 2005/06 and FISO TFFE League winner 2009 (which got me £100 off NSCTV).

Post by Chief Wiggsy »

For your thoughts - My best team (out of two) is now on 942 points. It's starting XI points is 547. 395 points made and believe me when say I look over the transfers used and a good half dozen or so have not worked at all well and a three or four have been detremental to my teams rise. I would be higher placed if I had kept my finger off the tinker button in recent weeks and even more so if I'd a done Dorrans like I thought I should but went other ways. :evil: So, I'd a been a good 400+ points up on starting XI.!! Still, I gotten 14 transfers left to correct recent failures. Anyone with a good starter team who did say 70% of my transfers would be near the top and still with near 20 transfers remaining.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

My best team has made 501pts over my starting team.There's a team in the Fiso league that has a starting eleven at 883pts and currently has 844pts.

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

I suppose the play-offs offer a chance for tortoise huggers to make up some points - ok, only 5 games - but if you have transfers in hand...

I've made up 191 points on my starting XI.

melvin
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of Ladbrokes competition 08, TFFO cup winner 2007-08

Post by melvin »

Made up 279 points over my starting 11 team and been reasonably careful with transfers after some early changes.

Still hoping to hit that elusive top 100 one day. :)

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

From Newcastle match report:

But the win was marred by an injury to left back Jose Enrique, who limped off in the first half with a hamstring problem.

:roll:

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Newcastle injury 'crisis'

Post by tommymooney »

Asked how long Enrique could be out, Hughton went on: "I don't know yet – it wouldn't be right for me to comment on how bad it is, as I just don't know.

"He came off early, which I think helps, but he has felt his hamstring. Hopefully, it's not a bad one."

Hughton added: "Steven Taylor will be out for a while, certainly a good few weeks, but at the moment, I'm not sure how long. He's just being assessed by a couple of people."

Like Simpson, striker Shola Ameobi – who hurt his shoulder at West Bromwich Albion at the weekend – is targeting the Cardiff City game at St James's Park a week on Friday.

"I know Shola will be touch and go, Danny Simpson probably not, but certainly the Cardiff game."

http://www.jarrowandhebburngazette.com/ ... 6023139.jp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

NEWCASTLE United have completed a loan deal until the end of the season for Queens Park Rangers defender Fitz Hall.

The 29-year-old was at the club's Benton headquarters on Friday morning and will go straight into the squad for this weekend's Championship clash at Leicester City.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100129 ... 37_1948440" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

tommymooney wrote:From Newcastle match report:

But the win was marred by an injury to left back Jose Enrique, who limped off in the first half with a hamstring problem.

:roll:
"We're hoping Enrique's injury isn't as bad as we first thought, but he still looks like he'll be out for a period of weeks with his hamstring," Hughton told the Gazette.

http://www.jarrowandhebburngazette.com/ ... 6026848.jp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry this is turning into the Newcastle team news thread, but I hope it is of interest.

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

Anyone got Charlie Adam of Blackpool in their team? He's joint 4th top midfielder for the season, but he's just picked up his 9th yellow card and faces a two-match suspension if he gets another before April 11th.

Keep an eye on http://www.bramernic.com/fsports/bansoon.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as more players join this club.

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Thanks Bram - any definite information is priceless when playing FF at this level.

In some ways I like to ferret around in obscure local papers and odd areas of google - makes it more interesting in a way.

Cleverley and Lansbury reported as a doubt for Watford's game tomorrow. Probably not used to playing so many games :wink:

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/ ... o_Oakwell/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Newcastle: Harper, Simpson, Williamson, Hall, Van Aanholt, Routledge, Guthrie, Nolan, Gutierrez, Carroll, Best

Subs: Krul, Lovenkrands, Ryan Taylor, Pancrate, Ameobi, Kadar, Ranger

Cardiff: Marshall, Matthews, Gyepes, Gerrard, McNaughton, Blake, Whittingham, McPhail, McCormack, Chopra, Bothroyd

Subs: Enckelman, Kennedy, Burke, Quinn, Taiwo, Wildig, Feeney

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... rdiff.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fabricio Coloccini is out of Newcastle's clash with Cardiff City tonight.

The Argentina international is being rested after finally succumbing to a hamstring injury which has been troubling him for several weeks.

another one bites the dust!! :roll: Newcastle side contains 5 players signed in the last month. Already 3-0 up - one own goal and two from Carroll!

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Today's lowlights and highlights

Dorrans missed pen.
Assists for Boyd and Fryatt.

Some reports give Nolan an assist on one of Carrolls goals last night - will be watching closely for that on the football league show.

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Bramernic wrote:Anyone got Charlie Adam of Blackpool in their team? He's joint 4th top midfielder for the season, but he's just picked up his 9th yellow card and faces a two-match suspension if he gets another before April 11th.
Adam duly obliged yesterday. He was incredibly unlucky though and probably should have had a penalty instead.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Football League (Championship & Leagues 1 & 2)”