To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Do Play-off games count in Telegraph Fantasy Championship?

A forum for discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Games for the Football League (the Championship, League 1 & League 2)
bluebirdbridger

Do Play-off games count in Telegraph Fantasy Championship?

Post by bluebirdbridger »

I'm doing quite well in Championship Fantasy Football so don't want to waste transfers. If the playoffs count I'll hold a few back - does anyone know as it doesn't say on the TFF site!

SamD
FISO Knight

Do play-off games count?

Post by SamD »

'Yes' is the answer, as posted by Bramernic a few months back:
viewtopic.php?f=135&t=53518" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Re: Do Play-off games count in Telegraph Fantasy Championship?

Post by Bramernic »

Quick bump for this thread, but surely no-one needs reminding now. However, with only two games to go for most sides the make up of the play-off bonanza is beginning to take shape.

Championship
Burnley's win tonight means Birmingham have a 4 point cushion and would have to under-perform more than their recent form to miss out on automatic promotion. They are playing two other contenders though, so anything could happen. Below the play-offs only Swansea and Preston have a mathematical hope and by tomorrow night their task may well be 4 points out of 6 as well. So, the likely entries are Sheffield United, Cardiff, Burnley and Reading.

League 1
MK Dons are the only side who could pip Peterborough to promotion while Millwall will definitely take part and Leeds barring a catastrophic failure are in too. Scunthorpe must be favourites to overhaul Tranmere while Southend have a very slight chance of gate-crashing at the expense of both. Not likely though.

League 2
I'll come back to this one later - there are two many permutations at the moment. Any team in the top 10 could be involved, although Brentford should be promoted by the weekend, maybe even tomorrow night. Remember 3 teams get automatic promotion from League 2.

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

A quick re-cap ...

Championship
Nothing is set in stone. Wolves are out as champions but Birmingham can still be caught by Reading or Sheffield United. Meanwhile either Cardiff of Burnley could yet succumb to the late challenge of Preston. No-one else is involved though.

League 1
Millwall, MK Dons and Leeds are all definitely in while Scunthorpe need one point more than Tranmere with an extra game to complete the set. Again, no-one else is involved.

League 2
Brentford are finally out and Wycombe only need a point. Bury can pip Exeter to the final automatic spot if they get a point more. Gillingham and Rochdale are in while Dagenham and Redbridge just need a point at home to Shrewsbury to stop them gate-crashing the party. No-one else has a prayer.

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

Getting tight at the top now. How are you doing Bram?? Have you got a team near the top?

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

I went heavy on Reading last night (who I hope now draw 0-0 with Brum!) and MK Dons tonight as both had effective 4-1's (2 league games, 2 play off semis, maybe a final) over most sides.

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

tommymooney wrote:I went heavy on Reading last night (who I hope now draw 0-0 with Brum!) and MK Dons tonight as both had effective 4-1's (2 league games, 2 play off semis, maybe a final) over most sides.
Where you sitting in the Championship just now Tommy?

I think if Reading qualify there will be quite a few scuppered with going heavy on reading. Hopefully, Sheff Utd win and it take's it out of the equation for you! But I'm hoping Reading qualify & not Sheff Utd.

Got 6 subs left at present.

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

Newbie wrote:Getting tight at the top now. How are you doing Bram?? Have you got a team near the top?
No, nowhere near the top, but still trying to see how high up I can get. It's about half way down the FISO league.

Now, about this Sunday. Sheffield United are not going to have an easy time, especially if word gets out that Reading are beating Birmingham. Think about it, there's nothing more that Palace fans would like than to see Coppell back in the Prem. Many of the Reading fans couldn't understand the reception Coppell got when they visited Selhurst Park. And if there was ever the suggestion that Neil (or some might say Colin) tried to help his old club then he'd be lynched outside the ground.

Just my (very biased) viewpoint.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

And Palace aren't too keen on Brum?

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

Bramernic wrote:
Newbie wrote:Getting tight at the top now. How are you doing Bram?? Have you got a team near the top?
No, nowhere near the top, but still trying to see how high up I can get. It's about half way down the FISO league.

Now, about this Sunday. Sheffield United are not going to have an easy time, especially if word gets out that Reading are beating Birmingham. Think about it, there's nothing more that Palace fans would like than to see Coppell back in the Prem. Many of the Reading fans couldn't understand the reception Coppell got when they visited Selhurst Park. And if there was ever the suggestion that Neil (or some might say Colin) tried to help his old club then he'd be lynched outside the ground.

Just my (very biased) viewpoint.
I'm not very up on who likes who in the Championship tbh, who played where etc? I'm with the Reading fans - confused - Why would Palace fans want Coppell back in the Prem?

On a knife edge this. I'm sitting 6th at the minute but depends on who is automatically promoted! :shock:

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

Newbie wrote:I'm not very up on who likes who in the Championship tbh, who played where etc? I'm with the Reading fans - confused - Why would Palace fans want Coppell back in the Prem?
Something to do with him being Palace's most successful manager ever.

Synyster
FISO Knight
FS Record: Won a few prizes here and there..

Post by Synyster »

Bramernic wrote:
Newbie wrote:I'm not very up on who likes who in the Championship tbh, who played where etc? I'm with the Reading fans - confused - Why would Palace fans want Coppell back in the Prem?
Something to do with him being Palace's most successful manager ever.
Not much of an achievement though. :D sorry, not in the position to say such a thing.. well i am looking at history i guess. ;)
my Charlton block didn't quite work this season, next season in league 1 it may actually make plus points. :mrgreen:

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Newbie wrote:
tommymooney wrote:I went heavy on Reading last night (who I hope now draw 0-0 with Brum!) and MK Dons tonight as both had effective 4-1's (2 league games, 2 play off semis, maybe a final) over most sides.
Where you sitting in the Championship just now Tommy?

I think if Reading qualify there will be quite a few scuppered with going heavy on reading. Hopefully, Sheff Utd win and it take's it out of the equation for you! But I'm hoping Reading qualify & not Sheff Utd.

Got 6 subs left at present.
Nowhere significant! just outside top 3,000 - but trying to push on, because like Razorback I find it hard to give up on any team. With 28,000 odd entrants, I want to see if I can get top 10%.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Haven't touched my teams since the Autumn so I thought I'd check them out for a laugh:

Champ: 18,265th, 33 transfers left, QPR block :oops:
Div 1: 12,635th, 34 transfers, Leeds block :?
Div 2: 3,225th, 34 transfers, Shrewsbury block (3 have barely played since november!)
That Div 2 team was 5th after week 1 - if I'm bored I might see if I can make up over 140 points to make the top 1000!

dstorey
Treebeard
Location: I swear you'll never see anything like it ever again

Post by dstorey »

I've had a truly shocking month in the Championship game, and the wrong set of results on Sunday would finish me off which is a shame because for a long time I felt I had a fighting chance to win it. As I'm still in 3rd I shouldn't give too much away, but what the hell. I resisted Ross McCormack until he became a goal machine, then put him in just in time to miss 2 penalties. Cardiff's defence have turned into a bunch of clowns and suddenly I can't buy a goal from any of my jokers up front.

It must be said though that the way things have panned out Sunday will be a highly entertaining day, and as a supporter of a Premiership team I've never taken so much interest in the Championship (since City were in it). I feel sorry for Swansea they didn't make the playoffs. I think Sheff U deserve the automatic spot and reckon they'll get it. Can't see a Brum win. Good luck to everyone, especially Newbie. Excellent run you've had, and with the transfers you've got left you could challenge for more than £250 I reckon.

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

dstorey wrote:I've had a truly shocking month in the Championship game, and the wrong set of results on Sunday would finish me off which is a shame because for a long time I felt I had a fighting chance to win it. As I'm still in 3rd I shouldn't give too much away, but what the hell. I resisted Ross McCormack until he became a goal machine, then put him in just in time to miss 2 penalties. Cardiff's defence have turned into a bunch of clowns and suddenly I can't buy a goal from any of my jokers up front.

It must be said though that the way things have panned out Sunday will be a highly entertaining day, and as a supporter of a Premiership team I've never taken so much interest in the Championship (since City were in it). I feel sorry for Swansea they didn't make the playoffs. I think Sheff U deserve the automatic spot and reckon they'll get it. Can't see a Brum win. Good luck to everyone, especially Newbie. Excellent run you've had, and with the transfers you've got left you could challenge for more than £250 I reckon.
I've had a great month tbh honest, think it's circa 250 points!! You never know though - the people above & below you may fall away, may have no subs. Alot depends on Sunday for me it'll determine if I'll need to use quite a number of subs or not. Hopefully, not! Preference is for Brum to be promoted but can't see it. So a few subs to use it is.

Whatever happens I'll still have 11 players in the playoffs so just need to choose who I think will win it.

Good Luck, hopefully we'll both finish up somewhere in the money!

Radica
Kevin and Perry

Post by Radica »

:x I have been saving transfers for the play offs in both div 1 and div 2 games. I have clarified that they count. However I have had my transfers confiscated and set to 0. There is nothing in their rules that say this is going to happen on May 2nd after the regular season.

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

I've sent a message to my contact at CleverTV. He's not in the office, but has said he'll get back to me. I'll post whatever I get here.

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

Just checked my transfers in the championship and they're all there! Although, I could claim for 1 or 2 :wink:

Radica
Kevin and Perry

Post by Radica »

Thanks guys for your responses guys. That was very kind. At about 6pm the Div 1 and Div 2 transfers remaining had been reset to 0. The Championship ones remained. I had assumed because these games were tommorrow. Anyway they are back now like you say. Probably after the scoring update or someone realised they had made a mistake at clever tv. I have 13 remaining in both div1 and div 2 !!

dstorey
Treebeard

Post by dstorey »

Worst case scenario for me today with Cardiff dropping out, Sheff Utd keeping another clean sheet but staying in the play-offs. I'll have to burn all my remaining transfers and still go into the play-offs with only 9 men.

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

dstorey wrote:Worst case scenario for me today with Cardiff dropping out, Sheff Utd keeping another clean sheet but staying in the play-offs. I'll have to burn all my remaining transfers and still go into the play-offs with only 9 men.
Results went my way today. Still, need to use 3 subs to get me up to the 11 playing for playoffs but will have a couple left too.

Wonder if everyone top ten has alexander??

45pts for me today I reckon. That's excluding any MOM's or assists.

dstorey
Treebeard

Post by dstorey »

Newbie wrote:
dstorey wrote:Worst case scenario for me today with Cardiff dropping out, Sheff Utd keeping another clean sheet but staying in the play-offs. I'll have to burn all my remaining transfers and still go into the play-offs with only 9 men.
Results went my way today. Still, need to use 3 subs to get me up to the 11 playing for playoffs but will have a couple left too.

Everyone near the top does have Alexander. i remember a game recently which gave that away when the score updates were added. No MOM's in this game remember, and not many assists for the popular picks.

I think I'll be leaving Gyepes and Gomez in my team as non-playing very cheap enablers so at least I can afford whoever I want with my other subs. Hard to think who is going to be the Scotland or Ebanks-Blake of the play-offs though. None of the teams left in it have a goalscorer in any form.

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

dstorey wrote:
Newbie wrote:

Everyone near the top does have Alexander. i remember a game recently which gave that away when the score updates were added. No MOM's in this game remember, and not many assists for the popular picks.

I think I'll be leaving Gyepes and Gomez in my team as non-playing very cheap enablers so at least I can afford whoever I want with my other subs. Hard to think who is going to be the Scotland or Ebanks-Blake of the play-offs though. None of the teams left in it have a goalscorer in any form.
No MOM's! :oops:

I think the runs in the FA Cup may have been Cardiffs downfall in the end, ashame really.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Football League (Championship & Leagues 1 & 2)”