To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

77th & Need Help!!!

A forum for discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Games for the Football League (the Championship, League 1 & League 2)
Red & Blue Braces

77th & Need Help!!!

Post by Newbie »

P Kenny SHU
G Alexander Bur
G Naysmith SHU
K McNaughton Car
G Halford SHU
M Kightly Wol
S Quinn SHU
P Green Der
R Hulse Der
S Ebanks-Blake Wol
R McCormack Car

I've got 17 subs left & am sitting in 77th but I've been guessing the whole way through picking a few scottish players I knew, ex-prem players & a few lucky picks.

Is there anyone that you'd replace from above? Thanks

dstorey
Treebeard
Location: I swear you'll never see anything like it ever again

Re: 77th & Need Help!!!

Post by dstorey »

Glad to see someone else on FISO is admitting to actually playing this game. :)

17 transfers may sound a lot but I reckon there will be plenty of people with transfers in hand as there haven't been many big injuries to the obvious picks.

Your team looks good to me. It's a bit Sheff U heavy, and Naysmith is too expensive, but a run of Sheff U clean sheets are probably the most likely way for you to rise up the table so I'd be inclined to leave him in.

The other obvious point is that you are missing two of the game's 'must-haves' in Stephen Hunt and Kevin Doyle. I'm guessing like me you may have swapped your Reading players out recently because of their lack of fixtures, but at some point you'll need at least one of these back in. I reckon you have one too many Derby players so I would probably wait until 21/2 (as Reading have another blank weekend next week) then do...

P Green :arrow: S Hunt

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

Bear in mind that the play-offs do count in this game, so you will want to replace as many of those as possible whose teams finish 1st, 2nd and 7th onwards in May.

dstorey
Treebeard

Post by dstorey »

Bramernic wrote:Bear in mind that the play-offs do count in this game, so you will want to replace as many of those as possible whose teams finish 1st, 2nd and 7th onwards in May.
... or start predicting now who those play-off teams will be and gradually build a team which has as many of their players in as possible... which means that your Sheff U and Cardiff players are definite holds.

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

dstorey wrote:
Bramernic wrote:Bear in mind that the play-offs do count in this game, so you will want to replace as many of those as possible whose teams finish 1st, 2nd and 7th onwards in May.
... or start predicting now who those play-off teams will be and gradually build a team which has as many of their players in as possible... which means that your Sheff U and Cardiff players are definite holds.
Reading only have 1 game till the 21st so I stayed clear.

Just used 2 subs when I was at work can't get on here during! Cardiff don't really play till the 22nd again now with tomorrows games postponed I get a 4 for 1 (1vs Arsenal) and a 3 for 1 on Brum. So I went Mcnaughton to Murphy and McCormack to Scotland.

The way I was thinking was that 7 games for 2 was'nt bad & when you consider the 2 is against Arsenal I don't hold out much hope of points. Back to Cardiff on 22nd for me! Taking me to 13 subs left.

I thought it was quite clever! lol

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Cheers Newbie, good spot, McCormack :arrow: Scotland for me too. :D

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Instant payback from Scotland 8-)

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

tommymooney wrote:Instant payback from Scotland 8-)
Yup Scotland & Hulse for me - 15pts each most probably!

Good going.

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

Moved upto 31st with 15 transfers remaining!! 123 off lead and 47 off 3rd!!

£500 would be good for a place in top 5!!!

Come on.

dstorey
Treebeard

Post by dstorey »

Newbie wrote:Moved upto 31st with 15 transfers remaining!! 123 off lead and 47 off 3rd!!

Come on.
According to the Telegraph website that the prizes are £3000 for 1st, £1000 for 2nd and £250 for 3rd to 6th.

Well done anyway mate, and if I've identified your team correctly (Mr Paterson :wink: ) I think you'll find the Cardiff defensive performance tonight has actually seen you rise to 29th without playing, 121 off the lead!

It's hard to know just how many transfers everyone else has left but you've as good a chance as anyone. I've got a few points lead on you and a few more transfers but it really is all about luck from here.

Nice to be in contention isn't it?... even if this does seem like the Carling Cup of fantasy football.

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

dstorey wrote:
Newbie wrote:Moved upto 31st with 15 transfers remaining!! 123 off lead and 47 off 3rd!!

Come on.
According to the Telegraph website that the prizes are £3000 for 1st, £1000 for 2nd and £250 for 3rd to 6th.

Well done anyway mate, and if I've identified your team correctly (Mr Paterson :wink: ) I think you'll find the Cardiff defensive performance tonight has actually seen you rise to 29th without playing, 121 off the lead!

It's hard to know just how many transfers everyone else has left but you've as good a chance as anyone. I've got a few points lead on you and a few more transfers but it really is all about luck from here.

Nice to be in contention isn't it?... even if this does seem like the Carling Cup of fantasy football.
Just noticed that 28th without playing! :-D - £250 would do me nicely! Need to start looking into it though, seriously have'nt much of a clue of the Championship!

PS More like the Scottish League Cup

dstorey
Treebeard

Post by dstorey »

Am up to 5th myself now, so if it all ended here I'd get £250. Time to gamble and put in Plymouth forwards and a Charlton block and really go for that £3k. :wink:

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

dstorey wrote:Am up to 5th myself now, so if it all ended here I'd get £250. Time to gamble and put in Plymouth forwards and a Charlton block and really go for that £3k. :wink:
5th! Well done mate. I'm in line for a free ball too "hopefully" - 73 points ahead in Carlisle league lol!

dstorey
Treebeard

Post by dstorey »

Newbie wrote:
dstorey wrote:Am up to 5th myself now, so if it all ended here I'd get £250. Time to gamble and put in Plymouth forwards and a Charlton block and really go for that £3k. :wink:
5th! Well done mate. I'm in line for a free ball too "hopefully" - 73 points ahead in Carlisle league lol!
Sadly I think neither of us will be winning a free football. For some unfair reason you can only win one if you are top of the supporters league for one of the 24 Championship teams. So my 130 point lead over Man City fans and your 73 over Carlisle fans won't be worth a carrot. :(

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

dstorey wrote:
Newbie wrote:
Sadly I think neither of us will be winning a free football. For some unfair reason you can only win one if you are top of the supporters league for one of the 24 Championship teams. So my 130 point lead over Man City fans and your 73 over Carlisle fans won't be worth a carrot. :(
I thought I was??? Top of the Carlisle supporters league by 73 points and I've no idea who even plays for them! lol I picked it for easiness.

Is this not it???

Carlisle Overall

1 BAREARSEALONA Mr Craig Paterson 1172

2 Boot & Chase Mr Dave Farmer 1098

dstorey
Treebeard

Post by dstorey »

Newbie, I'm not disputing that you are top of the Carlisle fans league. Unfortunately the last time I looked Carlisle were not one of the 24 Championship teams, so winning their fans league will not get you a football.

My boys moved up to joint-3rd overall before today's game :D

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

dstorey wrote:Newbie, I'm not disputing that you are top of the Carlisle fans league. Unfortunately the last time I looked Carlisle were not one of the 24 Championship teams, so winning their fans league will not get you a football.

My boys moved up to joint-3rd overall before today's game :D
What a doughball I am!!! For some reason I've been thinking that Carlisle was in the Championship! Just thought seeing it was the Championship League you could only pick a Championship team! Picked them at random!

Nevermind I'm sh*te at football anyhow!

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

19th in the league & 9 subs left for me!! Looks good - 80 pts of top - here's hoping!!

Use subs now or keep for the playoffs?

dstorey
Treebeard

Post by dstorey »

Depends on the current make-up of your team. What proportion of them are likely to be in the play-offs? 80 points is a lot to make up as I think a lot of the teams above you will be very similar. You may need to take a gamble. I'd target 6th place to start with, to get some prize money. That's still my main target, and I'm in 2nd!

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

Every player in my team bar 1 is in the play offs & 1 prob automatic promotion. So I think I'll rotate my strikers about because my defence & midfield is pretty good.

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

dstorey wrote:Depends on the current make-up of your team. What proportion of them are likely to be in the play-offs? 80 points is a lot to make up as I think a lot of the teams above you will be very similar. You may need to take a gamble. I'd target 6th place to start with, to get some prize money. That's still my main target, and I'm in 2nd!
Joint 1st Darren! Well done. 8-) I've moved up 2 places too, 28pts off 6th..... come on.

dstorey
Treebeard

Post by dstorey »

Thanks Craig, it's good to see "Current Position: 1" on the screen. I have to say I'm a bit worried though because the teams below are all closing in. The big question is how many transfers they all have.

I knew you would have done well yesterday because you're Sheff U heavy at the back, though most teams have a 3 for 1 over the Blades now so it's decision time about whether to use any transfers on it. Also you have to consider that they may sneak into an automatic promotion slot now, which would mess you up for the playoffs.

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

dstorey wrote:Thanks Craig, it's good to see "Current Position: 1" on the screen. I have to say I'm a bit worried though because the teams below are all closing in. The big question is how many transfers they all have.

I knew you would have done well yesterday because you're Sheff U heavy at the back, though most teams have a 3 for 1 over the Blades now so it's decision time about whether to use any transfers on it. Also you have to consider that they may sneak into an automatic promotion slot now, which would mess you up for the playoffs.
Was thinking about the 3 for 1 over United but the risk of automatic promotion could kill me off. Did ok today too another 2 CS and 4 goals, not sure what the mid's got?
Could be a decent number though?

dstorey
Treebeard

Post by dstorey »

Could have gone better for me today but I'm still within 2 points of the lead. Its unbelievably tight up at the top, and I reckon there about 4 players who everyone has. I think it'll come down to who has the transfers in hand. The play-offs now are down to 5 teams: the only question is who gets that second place. I doubt many people have Brum players, apart from the odd defender, but if Sheff U or Cardiff go up then it could be carnage.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Football League (Championship & Leagues 1 & 2)”