To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF Championship 2018/19

A forum for discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Games for the Football League (the Championship, League 1 & League 2)
Rickymillington
Wideboy
FS Record: Won sun dream team euro 2016. 4th finish sun dream team

Re: TFF Championship 2018/19

Post by Rickymillington »

Milkey joe who you bring in for Rodriguez? Has to off been Sharp or mcburnie by your score today ...

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

Yeah, one of those. Maybe ;)

Rickymillington
Wideboy

Haha not giving out away 😂

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

I think the latest score update might have given it away. Although it looks like I wasn't the only one to have McBurnie 8-)

Rickymillington
Wideboy

Yeah I thought you would off gone Sharp. I still can't complain put him in both my team at top. Still a long way to go but I can't see anyone winning outside top 5 now we're breaking away

Rickymillington
Wideboy

Outside top 6 sorry ha

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

You are probably right Ricky but I don’t think all is lost for those chasing yet. A correct/lucky block defence change in the last few weeks could provide massive inroads still. Middlesborough are by no means certain to make play offs and if they concede goals towards the end who knows. The odds are certainly with you (leading, healthy transfer count, and with several other teams up there) but who knows what 3 - 0 opportunities might arise later. Perhaps I’m clutching at straws though and I’d certainly have a fiver on you at even money if I could get it at William hill.

Rickymillington
Wideboy

I was in this position last season and finished 5th so your right it's possible for anything to happen still. I'm just hoping I learned from my mistakes last season. Seems everyone has 9 or 10 players the same so I can't see much ground being made up anytime soon unless people change there team

Rickymillington
Wideboy

I usually play just sun dream team. So only my 2nd season playing telegraph and it's hard knowing how many transfer to use/save. I'm still not sure. I used a few on weekend getting pukki and mcburnie in for grabban/Rodriguez. My aim is to have 11 players playing The playoff as if I did last season I'd off won it. But I only had 7 so hopefully that don't happen again

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

My mistake was holding onto Grabban for far too long - in fact I still have him :oops:

Add to that wasted transfers chasing extra FA Cup replay games and it seems my season is done. Good luck to all those still in the hunt - I hope to use this as a learning curve for next season like Ricky did last season.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Grabban's been injured for about a month :lol:

I think you can still come from a lot further back than 6th. You're not going to do it with Abraham, Maupay, and Boro defenders but someone could hit a good run of form and gatecrash the playoffs, Bristol City? Hull? Someone will hit a run of clean sheets, some popular players will get injured. You'll have to take a bit of gamble at some stage but it's certainly possible.

To give people hope, I was over 100 off the lead in mid April last year and only finished 20 points off the top. There's still a long way to go.....

Rickymillington
Wideboy

Well I had few teams around top 10-20 a month ago changed them to sheff utd block. Leeds block. West Brom block. Notts Forest block. And none of them teams have a chance to win now where as if I kept them all Boro they would of had a chance. May be it was just wrong timing ...

Rickymillington
Wideboy

I also put grabban in when it was Martin o neil first game in charge. Then he started him on bench in the next game which was lucky for me as I swapped him for mcburnie and if grabban had started I wouldn't off done that

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

I was feeling pretty pleased with myself about McBurnie then found 4 of the top 5 had him too.

Think it was just bad timing with Leeds, but Sheff Utd and West Brom have been alright haven't they? Middlesbrough have only kept three clean sheets in their last 13 so there are opportunities for people with other defences.

I support Forest so know it's best to avoid them altogether at all times. It's very rare that we're not, in some way, a bit of a shambles Image

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Art Vandelay wrote: 30 Jan 2019, 21:14 Grabban's been injured for about a month :lol:

I think you can still come from a lot further back than 6th. You're not going to do it with Abraham, Maupay, and Boro defenders but someone could hit a good run of form and gatecrash the playoffs, Bristol City? Hull? Someone will hit a run of clean sheets, some popular players will get injured. You'll have to take a bit of gamble at some stage but it's certainly possible.

To give people hope, I was over 100 off the lead in mid April last year and only finished 20 points off the top. There's still a long way to go.....
Grabban only missed the Leeds and Chelsea games as far as I'm aware so thought it was worth holding onto him. The annoying thing was seeing him on the bench against the likes of Reading and Wigan. I assumed he'd be straight back in the team after such a small injury.

I should have dumped him as soon as MON was linked - of course he's going to favour the Irishman Murphy despite the fact he has a much inferior goalscoring record :roll:

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Yeah, you're right. He's only been completely missing for a couple of games but he picked up an injury around Christmas and has been carrying it ever since. Although he's come of the bench several times he's not been fully fit.

I've found it so hard to get injury info on Championship teams. Harry Kane gets injured and you get immediate update, then news of the scan results and a rough return date, if it's Shotton/Dack/Grabban/whoever even their own club's website doesn't mention it. Frustrating.

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Sounds like most of us struggled with grabban. I also brought him in right at the end of his goal scoring run. The other player I’ve wasted a lot of transfers on this season (at least 4 )has been Barry Douglas.

Rickymillington
Wideboy

1st 2nd 4th 6th have mcburnie out of the top 18. But next question is when is the right time to transfer him out and who for. I agree about finding out about championship inured players being hard. I swapped to forest block a while back when they drew 5-5 with villa 😂 my team Middlesbrough I swapped to wear brom v Bolton . My team top scorers I swapped to sheff utd. Ill let you all know that's how confident I am about no teams catching top 6. But I could be wrong still as milkey Joe team last season was 100 points behind my best team on March 30th and finished about me ha. I just noticed by looking on fiso forum

Rickymillington
Wideboy

Finished above me*

Rickymillington
Wideboy

I had a shocker this weekend but only 5 points gained on me, milkey Joe pretty sure I know your full team can see you being a big danger to my teams. Roll on next weekend 👍

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Have a guess if you want and I'll tell you how many you get right Image

Looks like your Sheff Utd team is back in business.....

Rickymillington
Wideboy

Your team is Randolph. Ayala. Flint. Friend. O Connell. Roofe. Dack. Maupay. Mcburnie. Pukki. Abraham. my sheff utd team Only has 3 transfers left in that team as i tried to win weekly with it twice a while back. So that will drop out unless I get no injurys.
Last edited by Rickymillington on 22 Mar 2019, 13:36, edited 2 times in total.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Yeah, near enough - 10.5/11

I've had Randolph, Friend, Flint, Dack, and Maupay since the first day. I think last year my best side had changed all 11 by November. Have you worked out all the leading teams then? Or just the biggest danger ;)

Yeah, you'd have to get very lucky with only three transfers but still useful as a kind of insurance in case Sheff Utd go on a mad clean sheet run.

Rickymillington
Wideboy

Yeah I know top 6 teams I just want sure which sheff utd def you had that's if I was right. I thought teams were going to gain after weekend results but it Looks like no one in top 6 had Sharp or Rodriguez and everyone's teams pretty much the same. Yeah I'd need to be lucky but I do think sheff utd are best defence alternative to Middlesbrough. Dack is injured now so I want to swap him for a sheff utd def but can't do 5-2-3 formation unfortunately 😔

Rickymillington
Wideboy

I no 2nd and 3rd had used 7-8 transfers in past 3 weeks. He transferred dack out then in. Ince in then out. Flint in,out and mcburnie in. So he can't have loads left surly. My team at top is my best chance but Iv used 5 transfers past 2 weeks. So with you having more transfers and better at saving them I'd make you favourite to win. I'll be happy with 2nd and try again next season 😊

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

I think almost all (apart from the odd team that diversified already) in the top 50 will have about 9 or 10 of the same players which explains why whether I have a good week or a bad week I still hover around the same place. But if as you say some near the top have been burning 7-8 transfers in 3 weeks (I’ve used up 2) there is still hope for the chasing pack to get a high finish. Strange when you are wanting your own players to get injured just knowing everyone else also has them but everyone having to waste transfers is of benefit to those with the most left. Here’s hoping Bradley’s is not too minor with Maupay Abraham Roofe etc to follow

Rickymillington
Wideboy

Jezza3 who's your best team are you in top 100? yeah 2nd and 3rd definitely did use that amount of transfers and my top team used 5. Now dack is injured so there's another. But a 70-80 point lead in telegraph fantasy football seems to take for ever to make up. In sun dream team you can make that gap up in 3 weeks

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Walkley 2 currently 31st. Don’t really think you have to worry to work out my team as probably too far back but you could guess most of them anyway. I’ll be happy if I can overtake your team currently in 12th though to take the 100 quid Twitter prize. Really can’t decide the way to go from here. Pretty likely I’ll make top 10 with just tinkering so deciding whether to go for a major gamble (which will most likely to see me sink but with just that outside chance of top 3) or to just keep tinkering. 10 grand to win or probably 50 quid to lose - I think the gambler in me will win out. Slightly more interested in tff premier league goals which currently leading as think a win in championshipis a step to far.

Rickymillington
Wideboy

You could over take my team in 12th for Twitter league as that's a west brom back 5 now and I'll keep it that way till the end. If I'm honest I can't see your team beating my top team so I'd go for the Twitter prize. Good luck in tff premier league goals 👍

MactheWestie

Post by MactheWestie »

I do believe that the top 5 teams are easily the most likely to produce the overall winner, however; there is the scheduling of tv games towards the back end of the season. Sky have to keep pace with mid-week viewing that BT will dominate with latter stages of CL, and as the packages for the premier league are sacrosanct, sky start moving championship games. 3 in 1's become inevitable and the play-offs produce further mayhem in tv scheduling. There are 12 official weeks plus the play offs, so if in top 50 why not catch Ricky gaining 10 points per week with different players... Sorry Ricky

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Football League (Championship & Leagues 1 & 2)”