To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

How are fellow FISOers doing in this?

A forum for discussion on the Guardian Fantasy Football game
Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018

Re: How are fellow FISOers doing in this?

Post by Spencer4 »

I was 3rd a little while ago, then fell back to 200th+ now I'm 26th and on the way back. It's sp hard to actually gain on those ahead. I think it's all about targeting those extra games coming up.

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

Another good tactic is not having suspended players in your team :oops:

stegg
Kevin and Perry

Post by stegg »

andye wrote:Another good tactic is not having suspended players in your team :oops:
I'm also guilty of including Mr Bramble :x .

I'm just hoping my would be replacement (Valencia) doesn't rack up too many points... :roll:

nigel1305
Grumpy Old Hand
FS Record: Never Ever Feel Inferior

Post by nigel1305 »

I am currently in 14th place and 2nd in the Fiso League behind Stegg.

Hasn't really been much interest on here about this game. Probably because there isn't a mini league prize - which I am sure FISO would have won :cry:

Nice prizes though for the first 3 :wink:

Good luck to all in the weeks ahead 8-)

Carlos M Figueiredo
Treebeard
FS Record: YTM (Won WeekPrize 08/09, 19th 07/08);(Guardian FF 6th 08/09); LigaRecordPortugal(2nd 01/02);W.Cup3rd2006

Post by Carlos M Figueiredo »

Hi,

It was hard to adapt to the GFF , but now all we here in the portuguese bar feel confortable with them. We help each other with information and our teams are improving a lot. We are 8 ( 6 mens & 2 womans) and all our teams are in TOP 100 .
Dinora Antunes (my cousin) is flying to the Top General (excuse me Mr.Shipley :wink: ) and is also fighting for January prize.

Ciao

Hamlet
Treebeard

Post by Hamlet »

stegg wrote:
andye wrote:Another good tactic is not having suspended players in your team :oops:
I'm also guilty of including Mr Bramble :x .

I'm just hoping my would be replacement (Valencia) doesn't rack up too many points... :roll:
Just when I thought I was having a good week, I've realized I missed Bramble's suspension, AND Valencia seems to have gone missing (please don't tell me he was suspended as well). :oops:

Was up to top 20-30 a few weeks ago, but crumbled recently.

Minor
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Minor »

Carlos M Figueiredo wrote:Hi,

It was hard to adapt to the GFF , but now all we here in the portuguese bar feel confortable with them. We help each other with information and our teams are improving a lot. We are 8 ( 6 mens & 2 womans) and all our teams are in TOP 100 .
Dinora Antunes (my cousin) is flying to the Top General (excuse me Mr.Shipley :wink: ) and is also fighting for January prize.

Ciao
Boa Tarde Carlos,
Dinora must be loving out-performing her experienced cousin! Is the portuguese bar in Colvilha? My in-laws live in Braga by the way.

Mike

Carlos M Figueiredo
Treebeard
FS Record: YTM (Won WeekPrize 08/09, 19th 07/08);(Guardian FF 6th 08/09); LigaRecordPortugal(2nd 01/02);W.Cup3rd2006

Hello Mike "The Turner" Shipley ,

Yeah..she (Dinora) and my girlfriend Monica (German) are 2 Weman between 6 Men in that Bar called Paloma - Bar ( Tortosendo / Covilhã ) . Monica´s father is the manager of Paloma Bar.
Last year they told me that in 08/09 if i participate in any FF , they would love to participate too, thats why i pick up the Guardian FF wich looks like to me different in rules but also with non.multi entrie managers , who give us (single entrie manager) more chance to be successful.

Your in.law is in braga? Waw... There´s always a portuguese conection in FF Top places . :wink:
Next weekend i´m concentrate in Januery MOTM , so i´m afraid you run away a little more ( recover to 88 pts last week 8-) )

Abraço

ps. "Your" S.C. Braga was humiliated by referees in matches against Benfica and FC Porto...instead that they should had won both matches easly
ps 2. Where is you from in UK ?

Minor
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Minor »

My father-in-law is actually a Benfica fan so he won't mind too much about that. He is also now a big Leeds United fan (I'm from Leeds) after I took him to a couple of matches. I am giving him the signed Ronaldo shirt I won earlier in the season.

Boa Sorte

Carlos M Figueiredo
Treebeard

Typically portuguese FootballFans mentality, (except Vit.Guimarães supporters), only support one of the three major clubs (Sporting, Benfica, Porto).

Leeds Utd ? Well ,10/15 years ago you had the most exciting players in Premier who went out cause of big money troubles in club didnt they ? I remember those compact teams with Martin, Harte , Rio , Woodgate, Bowyer, Hasselbaink, Kewell , Smith , Keane, Viduka ...etc... but i have to confess you that the most exciting Leeds player that i watch was TONY YEBOAH !!! ( from the earlies 90´s with Mac Alister, Strachan , Speed ).

Ciao Mike

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Wolf in Sheeps clothing

Post by Mick MacPaddywack »

You missed the Leeds of the 70's then ... now that [u]was[/u] a good club. Pity. With Jack Charlton, Eddie Gray(punter on TV now), Alan Clarke, Johnny Giles (for the paddies amongst us), Billy Bremner (the northern version of Hacker Harris), Paul Madeley & the rest of them. My team (Chelsea) had to beat that bunch in the 1970 FA Cup final (replay).
Once their Manager (Don Revie) left the team went pear shaped with Brian Clough at the helm. Hay days, them were, ee ba gum. :mrgreen:

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

January table ....

1 the Wanton WAGs JLusk 661
2 Boidobra Dinora Antunes 661
3 ooohhhh greens pies a train 658
4 cookie towers adie cooke 655
5 Ballard Bleus Gordon Strachan 654
6 Eye Girona FC Daniel Higgins 653
7 Don`t Got To Prove It Michael Shipley 652
8 Royton Renigades Ste Gongolfin 651
9 Jazzlady FC Joran Rackstraw 649
10 AT-attack Andy Peace 649

Unlucky Carlos :wink:

Andy

Carlos M Figueiredo
Treebeard

Hi Andye,

Well , i must confess that i was surprised when Dinora check up the MOTM Tables and told me that her team was
in 2nd but exequo 1st class with the same number of points.
I tell her that probably , as in YTM Mirror , she should have to split the prize ,which would be logical . However, today i read in terms & conditions in the GFF that they just RANDOM the 1 st class when tie. Is this true?? :shock:

Abraço

Minor
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Minor »

Carlos M Figueiredo wrote:Hi Andye,

Well , i must confess that i was surprised when Dinora check up the MOTM Tables and told me that her team was
in 2nd but exequo 1st class with the same number of points.
I tell her that probably , as in YTM Mirror , she should have to split the prize ,which would be logical . However, today i read in terms & conditions in the GFF that they just RANDOM the 1 st class when tie. Is this true?? :shock:

Abraço
Hard luck Carlos, it looks that way. However also in the T&Cs it states that the "Competition is open to UK residents", so maybe she wouldn't be eligible for a prize over there in Covilha anyway.

Carlos M Figueiredo
Treebeard

Hi Mike,

That use to appears in all t&C of major FF ( YTM , Sun etc..) , but its only to protect them against the prohibitive FF laws of some countrys (15/20 in all world), which not includes Portugal. However ita a question that i will make to GFF helpdesk .

Abraços

Minor
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Minor »

Hi Carlos,
I contacted the Guardian to try and clear up the confusion about "who can play". Unfortunately the Covilha syndicate won't be eligible for any prizes but the good news is that they are trying to convince the Guardian to change this for next season.

"Only UK residents are eligible for prizes. We are hoping this is something Guardian will agree to change for next season. GFF HQ"

stegg
Kevin and Perry

Post by stegg »

I think it's time to congratulate you Mike, well played, you won't be caught. (I could of posted this a loooong time ago...).

Anyway, enough of the winner, let the rest of us scrap it out for 10k... :)

Minor
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Minor »

stegg wrote:I think it's time to congratulate you Mike, well played, you won't be caught. (I could of posted this a loooong time ago...).

Anyway, enough of the winner, let the rest of us scrap it out for 10k... :)
Thanks, but obviously I don't want to count any chickens!
Shame you can't see who is actually eligible for the prizes, you could be in second prize position now for all we know!
Best of luck.

Five long bones
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Five long bones »

Did anyone do any transfers this morning, I did 3 and a couple of subs at about 11.15 but my team still shows as it was before I made the changes, I`m certain I did these correctly and my remaining transfers were shown as 2 after I saved all changes, I could be wrong, but I`m sure I`m not :?

Minor
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Minor »

Five long bones wrote:Did anyone do any transfers this morning, I did 3 and a couple of subs at about 11.15 but my team still shows as it was before I made the changes, I`m certain I did these correctly and my remaining transfers were shown as 2 after I saved all changes, I could be wrong, but I`m sure I`m not :?
I did a transfer, but unfortunately it was actioned and Vidic scored me -2! :evil: :roll:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Guardian Fantasy Football (Ceased)”