To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Help needed with my final team

A Fantasy Football forum for news on the Scottish Premier League fantasy football game run by The Sun newspaper
Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Help needed with my final team

Post by Ashers »

I have entered 3 teams so far this year and am struggling on the 4th.

Was wondering if I could you your help with players that will do well.

I have a few tips already, but thought this would make a good thread to help other people as well.

Herc6
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Telegraph December Monthly Winner, SDT WDT Winner x7, Rugby World Cup Predictions Winner. Euro 2012 SDT phase one prize winner x3. Tour De France Weekly Winner, Formula 1 overall winner (Holiday to New York)

Re: Help needed with my final team

Post by Herc6 »

Ok ashers...

the two GK i have been looking at are Mcgregor-if playing surely a snip at the price.

and Kello - hearts will have a good season i reckon and have a decent start to the league, will be VFM.

Defence -

Webster - at 1m he is really cheap, could make a mockery of that price if playing regularly. IF is the key word though i guess.

again going down this hearts road again (Im a celtic fan btw, no bias here) I think both Lee Wallace and the new algerian international for 1.5m could make very solid VFM.

If one must have a celtic defender Mcmanus is priced nicely at 2.5 if he gets back to his form of 2 seasons ago.

My one risk that i could say to you (dont blame me if it doesn't pay off :p) is Keven Rutkiewicz of St Johnstone, i feel they will stay up this year and he is captain and gets goals...could be a very good defensive enabler imo.

Midfield -

Patrick Cregg of Hibs for 1m should score a few goals and get his fair share of 7+ i believe that his rating have been favourable in the past with falkirk...celtic were interested in signing him also.

Rangers cheapies - Edu or Thomson - both should now play a big part in the rangers midfield both look like they are very much underpriced

Andrew Driver - 2m best player at hearts should score alot of man of the matches and get a few goals from his position too

Forwards - Riordan - will be the main man in what should be a very attacking hibs team.

Mcdonald will probably end up the top scorer in the league this year i reckon - is half a mil cheaper than boyd. I can see very few others in this team thats going to score at a consistant rate

Keep your eye out for

J Murphy - Motherwelll 0.5m Looks like a very good prospect may edge his way alongside John Sutton.
K Kyle - Kilmarnock 1.0M Could be the leading man for an improving Kilmarnock side.

Sorry this isn't entirely definitive, im in a hurry to meet a friend at the pub lol. but ive tried to give you some players to outline your team, them may be in your previous efforts...but hopefully gave you a couple of new names.

I will add more tonight when i get back

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Comments from Ringo the Lion

Heres a list of players i feel would benefit a SPL Fantasy team this season Ashers;
DEF. T. Scobbie (FAL - £1.5M)
DEF. C, Mulgrew (ABE - £2.5M)
DEF. I. Iriekpen (HAM - £1.0M)

MID. A. Dorman (STM - £2.5M)
MID. S. Arfield (FAL - £2.5M)
MID. A. Driver (HEA - £2.0M)

STR. D. Invincible (KIL - £1.0)
STR. R. Offiong (HAM - £1.0M)
STR. L. Miller (ABE - £2.5M)

Hope some of these are of help to you.

jmmufc2
Red & Blue Braces

Post by jmmufc2 »

jamie hammill
medhi taoul
kevin kyle
danny invincible

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar
FS Record: Too many to mention now :-)

Post by pa102aw »

ashers1981 wrote:Comments from Ringo the Lion

Heres a list of players i feel would benefit a SPL Fantasy team this season Ashers;

I can't help but feel that Ringo the Lion is extracting the urine Ashers. :shock: :wink:

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

pa102aw wrote:
ashers1981 wrote:Comments from Ringo the Lion

I can't help but feel that Ringo the Lion is extracting the urine Ashers. :shock: :wink:
See your point. What do you think of McCourt?

littlefeller
Treebeard
FS Record: Sportsbox World Cup winner 2010
7th place TFF 2017

Post by littlefeller »

Herc6 wrote:Ok ashers...

the two GK i have been looking at are Mcgregor-if playing surely a snip at the price.

and Kello - hearts will have a good season i reckon and have a decent start to the league, will be VFM.

Defence -

Webster - at 1m he is really cheap, could make a mockery of that price if playing regularly. IF is the key word though i guess.

again going down this hearts road again (Im a celtic fan btw, no bias here) I think both Lee Wallace and the new algerian international for 1.5m could make very solid VFM.

If one must have a celtic defender Mcmanus is priced nicely at 2.5 if he gets back to his form of 2 seasons ago.

My one risk that i could say to you (dont blame me if it doesn't pay off :p) is Keven Rutkiewicz of St Johnstone, i feel they will stay up this year and he is captain and gets goals...could be a very good defensive enabler imo.

Midfield -

Patrick Cregg of Hibs for 1m should score a few goals and get his fair share of 7+ i believe that his rating have been favourable in the past with falkirk...celtic were interested in signing him also.

Rangers cheapies - Edu or Thomson - both should now play a big part in the rangers midfield both look like they are very much underpriced

Andrew Driver - 2m best player at hearts should score alot of man of the matches and get a few goals from his position too

Forwards - Riordan - will be the main man in what should be a very attacking hibs team.

Mcdonald will probably end up the top scorer in the league this year i reckon - is half a mil cheaper than boyd. I can see very few others in this team thats going to score at a consistant rate

Keep your eye out for

J Murphy - Motherwelll 0.5m Looks like a very good prospect may edge his way alongside John Sutton.
K Kyle - Kilmarnock 1.0M Could be the leading man for an improving Kilmarnock side.

Sorry this isn't entirely definitive, im in a hurry to meet a friend at the pub lol. but ive tried to give you some players to outline your team, them may be in your previous efforts...but hopefully gave you a couple of new names.

I will add more tonight when i get back

I would be mindful of selecting Mcmanus in defence as he is injured, may not be back for 2 or 3 weeks (or longer) certianly hasnt been involved in the pre season friendlies.

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

With points being awarded for teams in the European Comps how about a Rangers/Celtic Select. (I have entered this Team so there is no point copying it) 8-)

GK A McGregor (RAN - £2.0m) 0 0 0
DEF S Papac (RAN - £2.0m) 0 0 0
DEF A Hinkel (CEL - £2.5m) 0 0 0
DEF G Loovens (CEL - £2.0m) 0 0 0
DEF M Bougherra (RAN - £2.5m) 0 0 0
MID L McCulloch (RAN - £1.0m) 0 0 0
MID K Thomson (RAN - £1.5m) 0 0 0
MID L N'Guemo (CEL - £1.0m) 0 0 0
MID P Mendes (RAN - £3.5m) 0 0 0
STR K Lafferty (RAN - £1.0m) 0 0 0
STR S Maloney (CEL - £1.0m) 0 0 0

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

pa102aw wrote:With points being awarded for teams in the European Comps how about a Rangers/Celtic Select. (I have entered this Team so there is no point copying it) 8-)

Your missing the Hearts players. Plus Celtic won't make it past Arsenal.

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

ashers1981 wrote:
pa102aw wrote:With points being awarded for teams in the European Comps how about a Rangers/Celtic Select. (I have entered this Team so there is no point copying it) 8-)

Your missing the Hearts players. Plus Celtic won't make it past Arsenal.
If they don't make it past Arsenal then they drop into the Europa League (the old UEFA Cup). :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sun SPL Dream Team”