To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

General tips on this game

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games offered by the Channel 4 website. Ceased June 2009.
pottster
Dumbledore
FS Record: Regularly finishing in the top 100

General tips on this game

Post by pottster »

Next season I will be playing this game for the first time a works league.

I've never played this before (just stick to Telegraph game) but am reasonably competent

Can anyone give any general basic tips that I need to be considering, so I am not caught out by any schoolboy errors in my first season.

I've just entered a team to try and get the hang of it for the last 2 months of this season, but a few shortcuts would be handy!

Cheers

benwootton
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner BBC world cup round - won a big tv. Otherwise just won works leagues

Post by benwootton »

checking the fixtures as this is key so get as many games as poss over period of game month window -
use the cheapies where u can as with any FF game you need to be flexi
during month.

As game more based on assists and goals look at the stats and do some research re pens and set pieces. For this reason you may want to use
transfers in the high scoring areas - look at season to date and see where
most points are being scored

As it resets monthly id suggest being bold with selections and going for less obvious players, i did well with the old BBC version from just leaving
my team and not tinkering.

SamD
FISO Knight

Post by SamD »

To help kick this off...*

- pick defence from top six to eight league teams and try not to switch them during the month

- use the six transfers to swap strikers and, very occasionally, a midfielder

- study fixture list, eg, current Game Month runs from 25 Feb to 22 March

- in this four-match period, some have three home fixtures, eg, Bolton, Birmingham, WBA - so players like Pennant & Nolan as well as the Bolton defence may be worth considering

- others like Wigan and Man U don't play in the first two weekends so shouldn't hog the starting XI

- use the fixtures to plan transfers; eg, bring in a Nistelrooy, Rooney or Roberts on Mon 6 March for three potential matches in place of a forward who's played twice but then faces two away games, eg, Hasselbaink, Yakubu

- finally, as this is an 'open' contest, look at the leaders' teams to try and evaluate their strategies:
http://channel4.fantasyleague.com/BestPhase.aspx

* pretty obvious stuff, eh

pottster
Dumbledore
FS Record: Regularly finishing in the top 100

Post by pottster »

Great stuff!

You mention it resets monthly (ok I understand that bit) but if you enter a league do you also accumulate points thoughout the whole of the season towards your eventual league standing?

Otherwise I am assuming that the overall winner of your league at the end of the season will be determined by the best 3 months total.

So can you afford to have a poor month and not throw your dummy out?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Channel 4 FF Monthly (Ceased)”