To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Rule Clarificaation

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games offered by the Channel 4 website. Ceased June 2009.
Striker
FISO Knight

Rule Clarificaation

Post by Striker »

Am I right in thinking that in the Channel 4 game (and in the other OFL run games such as Daily Mail), that over-lapping games are irrelevant.

For example if I have Owen and decide to transfer him out before 2 pm to bring in Yakubu (2 pm kick off) and then sometime between 2 pm and 3 pm transfer out Yakubu and bring in Anelka for a 3 pm kick off. I'll score the full points for all three even though they are taking up just one of the striker positions in my team.

Thanks in advance for a rapid response.

djnuttie
Dumbledore

Post by djnuttie »

Not sure on the ruling, but just thought I'd mention Yakubu isn't starting today. Just in case your planning on making the changes you've mentioned.

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Rule Clarificaation

Post by C.Sativa »

Striker wrote:Am I right in thinking that in the Channel 4 game (and in the other OFL run games such as Daily Mail), that over-lapping games are irrelevant.

For example if I have Owen and decide to transfer him out before 2 pm to bring in Yakubu (2 pm kick off) and then sometime between 2 pm and 3 pm transfer out Yakubu and bring in Anelka for a 3 pm kick off. I'll score the full points for all three even though they are taking up just one of the striker positions in my team.

Thanks in advance for a rapid response.
Yes,you would get the points for all of your 3 strikers.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Thank you.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

djnuttie wrote:Not sure on the ruling, but just thought I'd mention Yakubu isn't starting today. Just in case your planning on making the changes you've mentioned.
As you suspected the Yak was just by way of example. I'm more interested in 3 pm and 4 pm in practice. Cheers anyway.

dachshund
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dachshund »

No wonder I am doing so shit in this - I had no idea

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

me neither.

thats quite an important difference to say the least.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

This really isn't my game.

First i didn't understand the rules properly and when i finally did and thought i might do a bit better i decided to have two Reading defenders in my team.

Bottom 20% for me again this month.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

Are we sure these are the rules.

I transferred a player in where there were overlapping matches and he was down in my team as having not played?

Could you really have say 4 strikers counting on the same day or not?

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

I'm too lazy to look but I always understood that the OFL rules on the subject were that there had to be 2 hours between kick off times for the games to be in separate blocks. So you can't set different sets of players for overlapping games. Could be wrong but that was always my interpretation

NFG
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NFG »

This is what the T&Cs say;

10. Transfers. Managers can transfer as many players as they wish in and out of a team until the first scheduled kick-off on Saturday, 11 August 2007 for the first Game Month. From the first scheduled kick-off on Saturday, 11 August 2007 managers can make six transfers per Game Month (see point 11 for Game Month details) throughout the course of the season. Managers can make transfers seven days a week and 24 hours a day. If a match is taking place while transfers are being made, these will take effect for the next match. In between each subsequent Game Month, unlimited transfers can be made from the scheduled end of the last Game Month until the first scheduled kick-off at the start of the new Game Month. Managers are responsible for ensuring that all transfers result in a new team in the correct format (see Player Selection/Team Formation at point 5). Players changing clubs within the Premier League will also change clubs on the player list. However, this will not invalidate a team if two players from the new club are already owned. The new club will however be taken into account when making any transfers into a team. All timings represent UK time (Summer - BST, Winter - GMT).

That seems to confirm Strikers original thoughts.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

Thats what i'd have thought but then i didn't get the points when i did it.

Thought about emailing them but all i could see was genera Channel 4 help stuff.

A bit frustrating when the rules are unclear.

Still non the wiser.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Oldbigead: For all OFL run games you only need to ring them (0207 383 0088) and ask to speak to someone involved in running the game in which you are interested. 99% of the time it'll be sorted asap.

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Quote from Fantasy League re Ch 4:

"...If there is a match at 3pm you can have Anelka playing, then swap Anelka for Yakubu for a 4pm match and they will both score points. The player just has to be in the line-up at the kick-off time..."

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Channel 4 FF Monthly (Ceased)”