To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

£100 challenge

A Fantasy Football forum for news on British Fantasy Football.
Rich
Grumpy Old Man

£100 challenge

Post by Rich »

I see oldbigead has overtaken the chuckle brothers in the grudge match. aldo1 has too, but i'm not sure if he is part of the £100 wager anymore. Nice one Richard and Alan.

Original thread here http://fantasyfootballuk.co.uk/archive/ ... 5917#65917

Team Name Manager Points in Month Total Points
1 CLOSSY'S GIANTS MR RICHARD CLOSS 40 340
2 Midtable's Murder Declan J McMahon 32 339
- S.GEMMILLQUEENOFSCOTS MR RICHARD CLOSS 40 339
4 Indiana Pacers Martin McMahon 35 324
5 TERRYWILSONSLITTLEFINGER MR RICHARD CLOSS 24 304
- Utah Jazz Martin McMahon 35 304
7 BRIAN RICE FANCLUB MR RICHARD CLOSS 29 296
- ANDTHEDUTCHRFALLINGOVER MR RICHARD CLOSS 25 296
9 Hail Atlantis Martin McMahon 31 295
10 SEE YOU JIMMY MR RICHARD CLOSS 27 294

Alan's top team :

Trenchtown Rockers Alan Dymock 27 349

Although I do see that is says

The prize for the winner of this league is
nowt! whereas it used to say £300 :roll:

aldo1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by aldo1 »

Hey Rich,

Never had a bet with the 'brothers' as it was £100 up front, not feasible to be quite honest.

Shame really because it didnt take long to catch him and i'm glad Oblighead has too - well done mate.

I was really hoping to have a crack at the top prize this season but it's looking like it might be a one horse race. The leader really has set the heather on fire and will be difficult to catch.

Looks like it might just be a shot at 2nd/3rd, however, i'm really struggling to get my other teams onto the leaderboard to help me. Keep getting them to about 40th/50th and then slipping back a wee bit

I notice that 2nd and 3rd just now have a 3-5-2 this season, that certainly hasnt happened in the past!

How is your season Rich, not like you not to be up the top?!, you got bigger fish to fry in other comps?!

Rich
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rich »

Don't get too discoraged i was a good 50pts behind the leader at this stage last year and 30pts and 2nd for ages, but then one week i was top, due to a couple of my players having a good week, so you never know. Mind you Rick Turner is a FISO member, as iv'e seen his teams in some of our mini leagues. I don't know if he posts or not, or what nickname he goes under, but he is going well and will take some catching.

Where am i ? Well I had a bad start and never really recovered (thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it), mixture of injuries, sticking too long with Henry and Chelsea defence, hardly any Hearts defenders and only my bottom two teams at week 6 had Lampard (they are now my top 2 ). My best team is 162nd, too far behind at this point to have any chance, but i will keep plugging away, never know might fluke a monthly. My second best team is also a 3-5-2 I think there are more high scoring midfielders this year so those teams have a bit of a shot.

good luck

djm
Kevin and Perry

Re: £100 challenge

Post by djm »

Rich wrote:I see oldbigead has overtaken the chuckle brothers in the grudge match. aldo1 has too, but i'm not sure if he is part of the £100 wager anymore. Nice one Richard and Alan.

Original thread here http://fantasyfootballuk.co.uk/archive/ ... 5917#65917

Team Name Manager Points in Month Total Points
1 CLOSSY'S GIANTS MR RICHARD CLOSS 40 340
2 Midtable's Murder Declan J McMahon 32 339
- S.GEMMILLQUEENOFSCOTS MR RICHARD CLOSS 40 339
4 Indiana Pacers Martin McMahon 35 324
5 TERRYWILSONSLITTLEFINGER MR RICHARD CLOSS 24 304
- Utah Jazz Martin McMahon 35 304
7 BRIAN RICE FANCLUB MR RICHARD CLOSS 29 296
- ANDTHEDUTCHRFALLINGOVER MR RICHARD CLOSS 25 296
9 Hail Atlantis Martin McMahon 31 295
10 SEE YOU JIMMY MR RICHARD CLOSS 27 294

Alan's top team :

Trenchtown Rockers Alan Dymock 27 349

Although I do see that is says

The prize for the winner of this league is
nowt! whereas it used to say £300 :roll:
Bet was never taken up as it couldn't be organised and Aldo1 didn't have the cash. I'm now falling behind and struggling to keep on the first page in the website but it is still it is early days yet!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “British Fantasy Football (Herald) games (Game ceased)”