To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Whats going on with the update?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on British Fantasy Football.
oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Whats going on with the update?

Post by oldbigead »

Still not updated Sundays games or last nights Hearts game?

Hope they don't mess the scores up, especially with the problems last week and various managers emailing their transfers in. Also noticed someone said extra points had already been added before Saturday with no explanation?

Makes me worry when this sort of thing goes on because those who pester the organisers often get an advantage over those of us who don't follow it in such detail.

Just a shame they can't avoid having the problems in the first place though.

joeseppy
Kevin and Perry

Post by joeseppy »

Yes I am a bit worried that the fockwits that run the game have made an arse of it. I am waiting on my email telling me that I can have my entry fee refunded as they cannot complete the game.

aldo1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by aldo1 »

I kind of know what everyone's team is around me and what they should be on, as i'm sure most of the others do, after the Herald's mega cock up at the start i'll be sure to be keeping a close eye on the scoring, especially the managers that have just transferred out Reina... i'll be checking that the cheeky -6 goes on!! :D

Oldbigead, you seem to be going well, keep up the good work,.. every chance of a top 3 finish :D

Watch this space for details of another Herald disastear!! :cry: :oops:

Rich
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rich »

I think they should leave the table as it is and just pay out early :wink: .
Seriously lets hope It's nothing major, maybe they were waiting for a couple of clear days to have a good go at the problem. The extra points were probably an assist added after the event, although I couldnt see which player the two teams behind me had in common to work out who had got it. Hopefully that will be cleared up soon as well.

Good night for you I see Alan, thank goodness Celtic have fogotten how to defend. :)

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

Cheers for the vote of confidence Aldo, but i won't exactly be holding my breath. I thought i was slowly clawing my way back into it, but....

When Chelsea's cleen sheet and Gallas' and Carvalho's extra points are put on, not to mention Reina's -6 i think i'll sink like a stone.

Had 3 players sent off in the last 3 weeks or so and in this game that really seems to kill you.

Good luck to you and Rich. If i can't win which seems unlikely, i wouldn't mind one of you guys winning.

Achilles
Treebeard

Post by Achilles »

Rich wrote:The extra points were probably an assist added after the event, although I couldnt see which player the two teams behind me had in common to work out who had got it. Hopefully that will be cleared up soon as well.
No such an assist added for their active players for the last month otherwise I would not raise the question. These two points look like fantom points.
Also I have a team with a point deducted at the same time and I can't find out the reason.
But the hope everything to be cleared up remains
:wink:

steve$$$$$

Post by steve$$$$$ »

My mate works for the IT company that runs the FF league for
the Herald and they were all told the company had gone into liquidation
on Monday Morning.

He was told to clear his desk and go home and only one or two people
were being kept on to keep things running.

This would explain the update delays.

I think we will be lucky if it is still running by the end of the season.

Our entry fee !! bye bye bye :(

Rich
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rich »

It's not the entry fee I'm concerned about :? :( .

This is worrying news, but shoudn't affect the overall game as its got the Herald's backing. It remains to be seen how this will affect the running of the game for the remainder of the season though.

Achilles
Treebeard

Post by Achilles »

I find it devastating....hope they'll find a solution to finish the season :? :?

mmcmahon
Cheetah

Post by mmcmahon »

steve$$$$$ wrote:My mate works for the IT company that runs the FF league for
the Herald and they were all told the company had gone into liquidation
on Monday Morning.

He was told to clear his desk and go home and only one or two people
were being kept on to keep things running.

This would explain the update delays.

I think we will be lucky if it is still running by the end of the season.

Our entry fee !! bye bye bye :(
Firstly I don't believe this. I know some one that works for SMG and she's said in the past that the guys that run the site sit in the same office as her. Which would seem that they are in house developers and don't work for another company. Still, you never know. SMG also host S1jobs, S1homes, S1play etc so it would seem likely they use an in house development team.

I emailed them yesterday about the delay. I suggested that even if there are technical faults that they are working on, the least they could do was keep us informed by posting some info on the site. Still to hear back from them.

aldo1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by aldo1 »

At least i got an acknowledgement,.. a little more positive and hopefully sorted soon

Dear Alan,

We are looking into this problem as I write this and the site will be
updated ASAP.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience.

Regards

Game Master

mmcmahon
Cheetah

Post by mmcmahon »

Just got exactly the same reply.

Fingers crossed
Last edited by mmcmahon on 09 Feb 2006, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.

aldo1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by aldo1 »

The points are currently updating - looks like they are doing Sundays first, then midweek's - makes sense really!

Anyway, i (think) i know what the top of the leaderboard should look like so hopefully it will all tie in

Happy days (we hope!)

Rich
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rich »

Done now I'm pleased to report, panic over for now :wink: .

Did anybody e-mail any transfers in on Saturday ? If so have they been actioned. I know I didn't, as wasnt planning any that day, but was just wondering if it is a true leaderboard or not.

djm
Kevin and Perry

Post by djm »

Rich wrote:Done now I'm pleased to report, panic over for now :wink: .

Did anybody e-mail any transfers in on Saturday ? If so have they been actioned. I know I didn't, as wasnt planning any that day, but was just wondering if it is a true leaderboard or not.
I e-mailed in my transfers but it doesn't seem to have worked, by my calculations I should have 621 points :lol:

Dr J
Cheetah

Post by Dr J »

dont know you steve$$$

I'm sorry for the update delay on the site everyone. We had an unexpected problem over the weekend but we've fixed it now, the latest information is being imported as I write this and it should be complete later this evening. Also if you made transfers in recent days then these will backdated and correct (although backdated transfers might take another day or two to sort out). Apologies again for the delay.

Also please let me let you all know that by an unfortunate coincidence all s1 websites (including s1jobs.com, s1play.com, The Herald, British Fantasy Football) may be unavailable this Friday night/Saturday morning for pre-planned scheduled maintenance: British Fantasy Football may be offline at times between 12:10am until up to 6:00am UK local time (GMT) on Saturday 11 February 2006. Again apologies for the outage, it is not related to the football data update delay the past few days-- it is an unrelated event moving all our great s1 sites to newer disks, so that they will load & perform more quickly and reliably than ever.

Anyway thanks for playing & I'm sorry for the stumble. All steady again.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

Cheers for that mate, much appreciated.

But don't to forget to process ALL of the email transfers; including those that lost points :lol: .

steve$$$$$

Post by steve$$$$$ »

FIG

Don't always believe what you read !!!!

aldo1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by aldo1 »

steve$$$$$ wrote: FIG

Don't always believe what you read !!!!
I'll no believeing anything you write anyway!!

Dr J,.. thanks for taking the time to post. Now that you know where to find us i hope you will keep us informed of any future problems.... CHEERS :D

Knotty
FISOhead

Post by Knotty »

Nothing this lot do surprises me.

Whatever happens they'll ensure a Scottish winner anyway by fair means or foul.

aldo1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by aldo1 »

Knotty wrote:Nothing this lot do surprises me.

Whatever happens they'll ensure a Scottish winner anyway by fair means or foul.
I take it they never coughed up Knotty?

Knotty
FISOhead

Post by Knotty »

No they bloody didn't.

Not enough to just win it apparently. Required to go through 'passport control' too!

MIMITCH
Cheetah

MMCMAHON

Post by MIMITCH »

Stop bitching about the herald site and get the transfer code posted on your site along with the Keane shirt (looks good by the way).........Jesus is it too much to ask?

Dr J
Cheetah

Post by Dr J »

Hi, just to say that the overnight maintenance window we were planning has now been postponed to later this month, so the site should be available as normal all night tonight. I'll keep you guys posted on the rescheduling-- it will now probably be the night of Friday 24th Feb 2006.
Last edited by Dr J on 11 Feb 2006, 22:48, edited 2 times in total.

djm
Kevin and Perry

Re: MMCMAHON

Post by djm »

MIMITCH wrote:Stop bitching about the herald site and get the transfer code posted on your site along with the Keane shirt (looks good by the way).........Jesus is it too much to ask?
Alright Mitch ya lady boy! The transfer code is still on Big Maxi's site under www.oaka.net/transfercode :P

binky
Dumbledore
FS Record: won 500 quid in euro mirror 2004 and current tff north east champeen,tff 106th,star 42nd last season

Post by binky »

have a look on this site and you`ll find the code updated every week cunningly put under the heading of transfer code :shock:

ive mailed the herald about luke young only getting 4 points v liverpool.

4 = c/s and goal?????????? i thought it would be 7

Rich
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rich »

They have messed up the Charlton v Liverpool scores completely. If you look at the match stats page here it looks like it has been corrupted somehow. It was correct when they originally updated wrong a couple of days later. For some reason they haven’t given the Young goal :roll: , and subsequently all the Liverpool defenders on the pitch at the time, Dudek, Finnan, Carragher & Hyypia have one point more than they should have. Also they haven't taken off 2 points for the bookings to Carragher or Thomas. So net result is that the top team should have 3 points less, 2nd & 3rd 1 pt less etc.Also those with Young & Bent (if they still give that assist) will be short of 3 and 2 points.

I have e-mailed them, but doubtful anything will be done till Monday. I would actually love to know how something like this can happen, after it had been updated correctly in the first place.

Achilles
Treebeard

Post by Achilles »

I have already told last week about something similar to these unusual points changes - so this is not the first time. Now was obvious case but last week there were unknown points correction for December matches or early January. Perhaps it's chronical, they failed to give me explanation for adding two points to some top teams..

Knotty
FISOhead

Post by Knotty »

Achilles wrote:they failed to give me explanation for adding two points to some top teams..
Perhaps those teams have Scottish managers and yours doesn't! :wink:

aldo1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by aldo1 »

Rich wrote:They have messed up the Charlton v Liverpool scores completely. If you look at the match stats page here it looks like it has been corrupted somehow. It was correct when they originally updated wrong a couple of days later. For some reason they haven’t given the Young goal :roll: , and subsequently all the Liverpool defenders on the pitch at the time, Dudek, Finnan, Carragher & Hyypia have one point more than they should have. Also they haven't taken off 2 points for the bookings to Carragher or Thomas. So net result is that the top team should have 3 points less, 2nd & 3rd 1 pt less etc.Also those with Young & Bent (if they still give that assist) will be short of 3 and 2 points.

I have e-mailed them, but doubtful anything will be done till Monday. I would actually love to know how something like this can happen, after it had been updated correctly in the first place.
Bent's assist has been deleted.

Keep me posted if you get an e-mail on the Liverpool players Rich,.. something i had spotted too but was going to give them a few days to correct it...

I'll give them a day and then e-mail them again.

Cheers

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “British Fantasy Football (Herald) games (Game ceased)”