To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

BFF.com - End of season thoughts?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on British Fantasy Football.

BFF.com this season has been....

Good
23%
OK
38%
Bad
8%
Avoided since they raised the entry cost for this season
31%

Total votes: 13

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

BFF.com - End of season thoughts?

Post by Latic »

This comp took an almighty beating at the beginning of the season yet some of us still played!

For me it's been OK. It's been quick and it's basic nature appeals.

I hope that the organisers review the entry cost for next season otherwise this game will probably disappear due to dwindling numbers. They surely shot themselves in the foot after generating all the publicity with the Herald last season.

I finished 53rd which I'm semi-happy with.

The final FISO table (The Elite Playing Reluctantly?) and the overall table:

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

I think it has been ok this season, no real problems, and they have paid up the monthly prizes promptly as well. BFF were actually the quickest to pay up out of the 3 motm's I won in March. If fact I'm still waiting on the Daily Record :( .

The only downside I can see is that they still stick to the stats being governed by what the PA say, rather than take thier original stats for the initial update, but then amend it Monday after they have looked at it themselves on Monday morning / next day (depending on when the game was played). We still have the ridiculous situation that points can be changed (and backdated) even many weeks after the event.

Apart from that it has been a well run comp.

blessedbrian
Grumpy Old Man
Location: I've got such a long way to go...to make it to the border of mexico
FS Record: Cannot Complain!

Post by blessedbrian »

Yeah this game did get a kick in at the start of the season, but as I hadnt had the bad experience myself and due to my uncontrolable urge to enter every game i see, I entered a team in this.

I finished in 5th in the fiso league but with no transfers used in the last month, you can see this game slipped off my radar towards the end. But it was only about early April that i gave up on this, and that was because i missed one transfer deadline too many :evil:

I've lost count of the amount of times, I've just missed that 30 mins before 1st kick off deadline. Would like to see that just moved to a 1st kick off deadline.

The scoring updates are always quick which is a bonus, and as a result some mistakes happen in the scoring but as long as they are rectified I dont see the problem.

My only other comment on this game (mainly because i didnt take advantage of it :wink: ) is the ability of the fringe players to score so highly coming off the bench. John O'Shea second highest scoring defender in the game!

anon6
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: Small Profit

Post by anon6 »

I must be on the 2nd page of the superleague table (which is not showing). Lost interest in the game after the Telegraph game started. Didn't like the fact I couldn't change formation during the game, and the website was a bit clunky. Stumping up the extra money for transfers was a waste for me too, I never used them all in the end :?

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

I thought that this game has been very well run this year.

I'll be first to moan when there are cock ups but first to give praise where its due. They didn't make any major cock ups this year and on the whole ran the game quickly and most importantly efficiently.

Unfortunately i can't say the same of my own play in the game. I had a good start but really dropped off before Christmas, after which time i lost a bit of interest. However i think that the pattern of scoring this year was a bit strange. I thought i'd figured out what it took to compete in this game and as such i'll be sticking to my tactics next year. Hopefully they'll pay off a little better than this year.

I hope they do run this game again next year as i like the rules. The only criticism of the scoring (and its a big one) are the red and yellow cards. -5 and -2 are far too severe, especially when you only get 3 for a goal. If you made them -3 and -1 i think that the scoring would be perfect. A fantasy game should be decided by goals, assists and clean sheets not by bookings and sendings off.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

I stopped playing half way through - if i had been in a position with a chance of winning would have carried on, but there was no way i was going to carry on paying extra for transfers otherwise. (same principle as with the fanball game). otherwise i generally like the format.

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

oldbigead wrote:I hope they do run this game again next year as i like the rules. The only criticism of the scoring (and its a big one) are the red and yellow cards. -5 and -2 are far too severe, especially when you only get 3 for a goal. If you made them -3 and -1 i think that the scoring would be perfect. A fantasy game should be decided by goals, assists and clean sheets not by bookings and sendings off.
I agree 100%.

If they do that and forget the stoopid extra transfer buy-in then they've almost cracked it.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “British Fantasy Football (Herald) games (Game ceased)”