Coachbet – The Weekly Fantasy Football Game

A forum for discussion on Coachbet – The Fortnightly Fantasy Football Game
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Coachbet will in association with FISO arrange fantasy football tournaments based on the 2008 European Championship in Austria/Switzerland and the English Premier League and Championship for 2008/09.

Coachbet has been up for about a year and have so far been running weekly tournaments based on Premier League, Champions League and a few of the Nordic Leagues. Now it is time for EURO 2008 and if you have not tried the game before here is your chance.

Below you find answers to the most common questions about Coachbet.

How does Coachbet work?
Coachbet is a fantasy football game where you play against others in short tournaments as opposed to entire seasons. Each tournament has a stake which you bet to enter a team. Stakes are put into the tournament’s pot, which after the matches have been played is paid out to the winner or winners.

Sounds great, where do I sign up?
Go to www.coachbet.com and open an account.

Do you bet and win real money?
Yes, you do. After you have opened an account you can use your VISA or Mastercard to deposit money. Coachbet cooperates with the payment system Paynova and money you deposit are instantly added to your account. You can also deposit money using Paypal, read more about how here.

How much money can I win?
It all depends on how money people who joins a tournament. The exact amount you can win will not be final until the deadline for the tournament closes. You can at all times see how much money is in the tournament pot. The more people who play, the bigger the pot will be!

How do I create a team?
Start by choosing a tournament. Make sure you have enough money in your account to pay the stake. The process starts with selection of formation. After that you select tactics. Choice of tactics determines how your team will be scored. After these initial choices you start selecting players. Each player has a value in CBC (Coachbet Credits) and you have a total budget of 1.000.000 CBC available. Use the budget boost function to increase your budget if you wish. When done the next step is to name your team. Finally, confirm your entry by clicking the “Submit team”-button in the last screen.

How does the budget boost function work?
Budget boost allows you to buy more CBC that you can spend on your team. You can use the budget boost function max three times to buy a maximum of 300.000 CBC. When you click the button you see how much extra stake each increment of 100.000 CBC costs.

What tournaments will be available for EURO 2008?
Each group stage round will have its tournament. There will also be a longer tournament based on all three group stage rounds. You will be able to change your team between rounds. After the group stage there will be one tournament for each stage, i.e. one for the quarter finals, one for the semi finals and one for the final.

Can I create my own tournaments?
Yes, of course! Login and click the “Create tournament” button to get started. You can create both money tournaments and free tournaments, simply enter 0 (zero) in the stake field. To invite other use the functions in the system or simply share the direct link to your tournament with people you want to play against.

I have another question, who do I contact?
Either post in this Coachbet sub-forum here at FISO where we will be present or e-mail us at support@coachbet.com and we will get back to you as soon possible.
Last edited by admin on 27 May 2008, 21:13, edited 1 time in total.

cb_andreas
Wideboy

Post by cb_andreas »

I am updating this FAQ with a link that was missing above plus another questions that we have received.

Do I bet and win real money?
Yes, you do. After you have opened an account you can use your VISA or Mastercard to deposit money. Coachbet cooperates with the payment system Paynova and money you deposit are instantly added to your account. You can also deposit money using Paypal, read more about how here.

What happens if I create a team now and want to change it later?
You can change formation, tactics and players at any time up until the deadline for the tournament has been reached. Login and locate the tournament you are playing in. Click the tab called "Change Team" and the team creation process starts again with all your previous choices preselected. If you cancel the team creation process the team you last confirmed is the one that will represent you in the tournament. So, you do not have to wait until the last hours before you create your team. Instead, take your time and create your team early and then return to Coachbet and change it whenever you get new information or ideas that might make you want to change your team.

cb_joakim
Kevin and Perry

Post by cb_joakim »

Hi guys,

I thought I'd introduce myself and tell you how excited we are about the EURO2008 partnership with FISO!

We are getting a lot of registrations and I'd like to remind all you new registrants to check you spam/junk mail if you can't find the activation email in your inbox.

Me and Andréas are here to answer any question you may have and we also appreciate comments and feedback on the site and game.

Happy coachbetting!

//joakim @ coachbet

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Coachbet - The Fortnightly Fantasy Football Game”