To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Coachbet.com - The Home of Fantasy Sports Pool Betting

A forum for discussion on Coachbet – The Fortnightly Fantasy Football Game
cb_andreas
Wideboy

Coachbet.com - The Home of Fantasy Sports Pool Betting

Post by cb_andreas »

Have a look at www.coachbet.com it is a new fantasy football game combined with betting that we have run for about two months on the Nordic football leagues. It is a software we have developed by ourselves, but of course it is inspired by the fantasy sports genre as a whole.

We have now added Premier League and are anxious to hear what all FISO users think about it. :)

In short, Coachbet works like this:

The user picks a tournament that he/she would like to participate in. Normally, a Coachbet tournament is based on 1-5 rounds of a league. We are not running season-long games.

Each tournament has a stake that the user has to bet in order to enter his/her team. All stakes are pooled in a pot and predetermined percentages of the total amount of stakes goes to the winner(s) when all rounds the tournament is based on have been played. Coachbet deducts a "rake" from the stake before the money is put into the pot so the amount displayed at the site is the actual amount that the winner(s) will receive.

The first step in the team creation process is to choose a formation. We've included the usual formations such as 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 4-5-1, etc.

Next, the user has to select tactics for his/her team. There are three tactics available; Defend, Neutral and Attack. Each tactics has a corresponding scoring matrix that will be used to score the user's team. The scoring matrix connected to the Attack scoring matrix awards attacking performances of clubs and players higher relative to defensive performances - vice versa for the Defend tactics. The Neutral tactics is as the name suggests in between the other two.

The main step of the team creation process is of course the selection of players. The user has 1.000.000 CBC (Coachbet Credits) to spend on eleven players. If more CBC is needed to create the desired we have also included a function called Budget Boost. This function lets users buy more CBC, 100.000 at a time. The Budget Boost function can be used three times and the following costs apply:

1st Budget Boost costs an additional 10% of stake
2nd Budget Boost costs an additional 20% of stake
3rd Budget Boost costs an additional 20% of stake

If the tournament consists of more than one round users have the possibility to change their teams between rounds.

In addition to entering public tournaments that are displayed on the frontpage of the site it is also possible to create so-called invitational tournaments that require an invitation to join. Invitational tournaments can either be free (€0 stake) or money-based.

So, have a look at www.coachbet.com and tell us what you think!
Last edited by cb_andreas on 25 Nov 2007, 12:36, edited 4 times in total.

cb_andreas
Wideboy

Post by cb_andreas »

The first Premier League tournament is called Blackfriars and we are very happy to see that the net pot has grown to over €100 a couple of hours before kickoff.

You can view the tournament here:
http://www.coachbet.com/index.php?p=tou ... ment_id=91

There is still time to enter your team... :)

Please note that all times displayed are Central European Time (CET) and all transactions are in € EURO.

We are also offering a limited time deposit bonus. Read more about it here:
http://www.coachbet.com/index.php?p=art ... ail&id=274

cb_andreas
Wideboy

Post by cb_andreas »

The first Premier League tournament Blackfriars was won by the user sphinxdaking with his team Coconut FC.

The winning team was a bit behind after the first round but made up for it in the second round with this set of players, playing the 4-4-2 formation and using the Attack tactics:

The pot was the highest so far, 102.22 EURO, and the distribution was 100% to the winner.

Tomorrow, the next Premier League tournament, called Victoria starts:
  • Duration: The next two rounds of the Premiership
    Stake: €6 to enter a team
    Formations: All formations allowed
    Tactics: All tactics allowed
    Budget Boost: Allowed, use it to receive more credits to your fictive budget
    Max no of players from the same club: 3
The last match of the tournament is Man Utd - Tottenham on 26 August. After that the tournament is settled and the pot will be distributed to three highest scoring teams:

1st prize: 75% of the pot
2nd prize: 15% of the pot
3rd prize: 10% of the pot

So, have a look at http://www.coachbet.com and the tournament Victoria ahead of tomorrow's matches.

We offer a deposit bonus for everyone as well as a Freeroll tournament based on the Norwegian football league for those who need a warm-up or want to try the game out before making a deposit. It's completely free to enter.

cb_andreas
Wideboy

New Premier League tournament added today: Aldgate

Post by cb_andreas »

New Premier League tournament added today: Aldgate

A new tournament has been added today and the deadline to enter it is on Saturday at 12.45.
  • Duration: The next round of the Premiership 25-26 August
    Stake: €6 to enter a team
    Formations: All formations allowed
    Tactics: All tactics allowed
    Budget Boost: Allowed, use it to receive more credits to your fictive budget
    Max no of players from the same club: 3
The pot will be distributed to three highest scoring teams according to the following:

1st prize: 75% of the pot
2nd prize: 15% of the pot

Click here to access the Aldgate tournament!

Freerolls - completely free to enter your team
For those of you who haven't tried Coachbet.com have a look at the two freerolls that we offer now:

Malvik FREEROLL, free to enter, €20 in the pot, based on the Norwegian football league
Mikkeli FREEROLL, free to enter, €20 in the pot, based on the Finnish football league

Some general info
The scoring system is connected to the tactics you choose for your team. For example, if you select Attack for your team, your team will be scored with a corresponding scoring matrix. The different matrixes look like this:

cb_andreas
Wideboy

Post by cb_andreas »

We have added a new tournament today called Hammersmith, which is based on the next two rounds of Premier League.

It costs €5 to enter and the deadline is on Saturday at 15.00 UK time.

Click here to access the Hammersmith tournament

In addition to the above there is also another Premier League tournament, which is completely free to enter:

Manchester FREEROLL

This tournament is based on two matches only:

Manchester United - Sunderland
Blackburn - Manchester City

Cash prizes are awarded to the top 4 teams. Don't miss the chance to try the game for free and have the chance to win as well!

===================================

Most clubs have now played four matches and we are beginning to see some tendencies. Man City has been a suprise with back-from-the-dead Sven and Chelsea are looking stronger with every game. Tottenham is the big disappointment so far with Jol now hanging on for dear life. Will he get the sack if he doesn't deliver a win this weekend?

The table below lists the highest scoring players at Coachbet.com so far. The points in this table have been calculated with the Neutral tactics scoring matrix (see previous posts for details).

It is no surprise to see Frankie Boy topping the list. Nor is it a shock to find him followed by established Premiership players such as Anelka and Sibierski. The biggest surprises are perhaps finding Schmeichel Junior in the list - who would have thought he would play a game even - as well as the lack of Man Utd players.

However, the season is not old and I am sure we will see all the big names in the list as we continue ahead through the first few months.

Welcome to Coachbet.com!

cb_andreas
Wideboy

Post by cb_andreas »

We are very pleased to announce that we have created a Euro 2008 Qualification tournament at Coachbet. We have selected the three most interesting matches - in our opinion - and based a Coachbet tournament on them. The matches included are:

Sweden - Denmark
Italy - France
Portugal - Poland

Your job as coach is to select the 11 players from these six teams that you believe will award your team with the most points - given the tactics you have chosen for your team of course. The pot will be divided between the six best teams according to the following:

1st prize: 50% of the pot
2nd prize: 16% of the pot
3rd prize: 12% of the pot
4th prize: 10% of the pot
5th prize: 8% of the pot
6th prize: 4% of the pot

The stake is 5 Euro to enter a team.

Click here to view the tournament!

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

nice, only just found this game, looks interesting! ill give it a better look asap and hopefully enter the next game ;)

cb_andreas
Wideboy

Post by cb_andreas »

Chrisharry12345 wrote:nice, only just found this game, looks interesting! ill give it a better look asap and hopefully enter the next game ;)
You are very welcome! Let me now if you have any questions!

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

thanks one question for now is about the budget boosts? im not 100% on what they mean..?

so you can play extra money to have abigger budget? can you do this as many times as you like..?

cb_andreas
Wideboy

Post by cb_andreas »

Chrisharry12345 wrote:thanks one question for now is about the budget boosts? im not 100% on what they mean..?

so you can play extra money to have abigger budget? can you do this as many times as you like..?
Yeah, the budget boost is a function that lets you buy more fictive money to build your team with. You can use it maximum three times and increase your budget from 1.000.000 CBC (Coachbet Credits) to 1.1 mil, 1.2 mil and finally 1.3 million CBC.

The cost for using the budget boost increases each time you use it, but the money you spend is put into the pot along with your normal stake money.

cb_andreas
Wideboy

Post by cb_andreas »

We are pleased to announce that we have added Champions League to our assortment of leagues available at Coachbet.com!

We are kicking off the European season with the following two tournaments:

Champions League 18 Sep FREEROLL
This tournament is based on the matches played today 18 Septemeber and is completely free to enter. Deadline is at 20.45 CET tonight, i.e. 19.45 UK time.

Platini Champions League 5 EURO stake
This tournament is based on the matches played tomorrow 19 September. The stake is 5 EURO and budget boosting is allowed... :D

In addition to the above tournaments there is also a 4 EURO Premier League tournament open for bets called Paddington which includes the matches played in the coming round, 22-23 September.

Welcome! :P

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

hi, just signed up and ready to play
Last edited by Chrisharry12345 on 18 Sep 2007, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

ive joined.will pick my team once ive seen team news :)

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

ok three times now i have tried to buy some credits by depositing money but it wont let me.. im using a mastercard and im definatly not over my limit (just checked)

I was really keen to play tonites game and over the weekend but im a little put off now!

any suggestions?

cb_andreas
Wideboy

Post by cb_andreas »

Chrisharry12345 wrote:ok three times now i have tried to buy some credits by depositing money but it wont let me.. im using a mastercard and im definatly not over my limit (just checked)

I was really keen to play tonites game and over the weekend but im a little put off now!

any suggestions?
Hmmm... strange... We just finished upgrading our payment system the other day to a new version which, among other benefits, allows us to accept deposits made with Mastercard.

We have tested the payment system with Mastercard and then it worked fine, but that was from an IP-address in Sweden.

Could you please send me your Coachbet usernamen along with the amount you tried to deposit, as well as approximate times of your attempts and I will have a look in the admin interface of the payment system and see if I can find an explanation. You can do this via PM of course or by sending an email to support@coachbet.com.

I will check it immediately and get back to ýou, hopefully we can solve this riddle in time for you to pick your team in tonight's tournament! :)

Thank you very much for bothering to let us know about this!

Bandit
Grumpy Old Bootlegger

Post by Bandit »

just stumbled into this thread and I'll be keeping my eye on this and will have a go at the next Premier League comp :D

cb_andreas
Wideboy

Post by cb_andreas »

Bandit wrote:just stumbled into this thread and I'll be keeping my eye on this and will have a go at the next Premier League comp :D
Looking forward to seeing you at Coachbet, Bandit! :D

Here is the Premier League tournament for this weekend:

Knightsbridge - Premier League - 6 EURO stake
This tournament is based on the matches played 29 September to 1 October:

• Manchester City - Newcastle
    Derby - Bolton
    Chelsea - Fulham
    Wigan - Liverpool
    Portsmouth - Reading
    Sunderland - Blackburn
    West Ham - Arsenal
    Birmingham - Manchester United
    Everton - Middlesbrough
    Tottenham - Aston Villa

The stake to enter the tournament is 6 EURO. You can select maximum 2 players from the same club for your team. The pot will be distributed to the four highest scoring teams according to the following:

• 1st prize: 70% of the pot
    2nd prize: 12% of the pot
    4th prize: 8% of the pot

Welcome! :D

So far the 10 highest scoring players (using the neutral tactics option) are the following:

Interesting to see that no Chelsea players make the list, let's see if Grant can get the team going or if he indeed is the Abramovich puppet everybody says he is.

carlnoddy
Treebeard

Post by carlnoddy »

I'm in Spanish Main.

carlnoddy
Treebeard

Post by carlnoddy »

I really like the look of this, just one question, is there gonna be any tournaments based on the Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga in the near future :?:

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

well i lost again this week, really badly! role on next week! actually tomorrow! (champ league game)

cb_andreas
Wideboy

Post by cb_andreas »

carlnoddy wrote:I really like the look of this, just one question, is there gonna be any tournaments based on the Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga in the near future :?:
Thank you for that, we're really glad you like our concept!

At the moment we have a lot of administration running the Nordic leagues (Sweden, Norway, Finland) but as soon as they are done with their season (November) we hope to introduce yet another league, maybe two if we can handle the workload... :D

Which league would you prefer if you could only choose one?

carlnoddy
Treebeard

Post by carlnoddy »

cb_andreas wrote:
carlnoddy wrote:I really like the look of this, just one question, is there gonna be any tournaments based on the Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga in the near future :?:
Thank you for that, we're really glad you like our concept!

At the moment we have a lot of administration running the Nordic leagues (Sweden, Norway, Finland) but as soon as they are done with their season (November) we hope to introduce yet another league, maybe two if we can handle the workload... :D

Which league would you prefer if you could only choose one?
If i had to choose just one i would say Bundesliga, followed by La Liga then Serie A, but its hard to choose there all interesting leagues.

cb_andreas
Wideboy

3 hours to Champions League deadline

Post by cb_andreas »

Get ready for the next round of Champions League!

There is a tournament called Stoichkov which is based on the second round in CL. So far there are 6 teams competing and the pot is 60 euro.

Click here to access the tournament!

FREEROLL
If you haven't tried Coachbet yet, here is your chance! We have arranged a three round FREEROLL tournament based on English Premier League. The pot is 30 euro and tournament is called Westminster FREEROLL.

Click here to go there.

Marble Arch
Last but not least there is a one round tournament called Marble Arch. This one starts on October 6th.

Click here for all details.

cb_andreas
Wideboy

Re: 3 hours to Champions League deadline

Post by cb_andreas »

A little more than an hour left to join the two Premier League tournaments below! :D

Westminster (FREEROLL)
This tournament is based on the English Premier League, the coming three rounds - completely free to enter.

Click to here to create your team!

Marble Arch (Stake 2 euro)
This tournament is also based on the English Premier League and has a stake of 2 euros and. Only the matches of this round are included.

Click to here to create your team![/quote]

cb_andreas
Wideboy

Post by cb_andreas »

EURO 2008 Qualification tournaments at Coachbet.com

Just wanted to let you know that we are running mini tournaments based on selected matches from tonight's and wednesday's qualification rounds.

The tournament for tonight includes the following three matches:

• :arrow: Republic of Ireland - Germany
    :arrow: Denmark - Spain
    :arrow: Romania - Netherlands
The stake to enter is €5.

Deadline to enter is tonight (13 October) at 19.45 CET, which should be 18.45 GMT/UK time I guess.

Click here to go to the Euro 2008 Qualification 13 October tournament!

PS. A new tournament will be created, hopefully tonight, for the matches played on wednesday 17 october. The match Russia - England will be included for sure. I will post the link here later! :D

cb_andreas
Wideboy

Post by cb_andreas »

A tournament based on three wednesday night matches has just been added at Coachbet.com:
  • :arrow: Russia - England
    :arrow: Sweden - Northern Ireland
    :arrow: Germany - Czech Republic
The stake is €5 and the deadline to enter the tournament is 17 October at 18.00 UK time. Welcome! :D

Click here to go to the EURO 2008 tournament for 17 October
  • :?: Can McClaren outsmart Hiddink in Moscow on Wednesday to boost England's qualification chances?
    :?: Will Sweden qualify as the second team to EURO 2008 by beating Healy and the rest of the Northern Irish?
    :?: Will Germany do their best against the Czechs given that they are already qualified?

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

just entered my team into this weeks 2 euro comp! chrisharry12345 is my team name :)

anyone else in??

cb_andreas
Wideboy

Post by cb_andreas »

Here's a quick update with the next few upcoming tournaments at Coachbet:

Tournament name: Ivanov
League: Champions League
Stake: 5 EURO
Pot distribution: 1st: 100%
Deadline: 2007-11-06 at 19.45 UK time
Click here to go to the tournament!

Tournament name: Leicester Square
League: Premier League
Stake: 10 EURO
Pot distribution: 1st: 85% - 2nd: 10% - 3rd: 5%
Deadline: 2007-11-10 at 12.45 UK time
This tournament has a guaranteed pot of 50 EURO!

Tournament name: Big 4 Challenge
Pot distribution: 1st: 50% - 2nd: 30% - 3rd: 20%
Deadline: 2007-11-10 at 17.15 UK time
This tournament is based on the upcoming matches of the Big 4 clubs only - Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd

Tournament name: Greenford FREEROLL
Stake: FREE
Deadline: 2007-11-10 at 12.45 UK time
FREEROLL = Completely free to enter a team!

New to Coachbet? Don't miss the chance to create your own tournament and compete against friends, family and colleagues. You can create both cash money tournaments and free tournaments.

We also offer a 5 EURO deposit bonus if you deposit minimum 10 EURO. Click here to read full terms & conditions.

cb_andreas
Wideboy

Post by cb_andreas »

A little more than an hour left to join tonight's tournament based on the Champions League...

The pot now stands at 59.32 EUR, which will go to one lucky winner.

Tournament name: Ivanov
League: Champions League
Deadline: 2007-11-06 at 19.45 UK time

cb_andreas
Wideboy

Post by cb_andreas »

We have a winner in the Ivanov tournament that was settled after tonight's matches in the Champions League. The pot ended up at 78.09 EURO and the user Geson won it all with the following team:

Come and have look and join this weekend's public Premier League tournaments or create your own money- or free tournament! :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Coachbet - The Fortnightly Fantasy Football Game”